I think i forgot the 90 day report.. or not ?

Hello

on november the 16th i travelled from chiang khong to laos for 1 day (not for extending my stay, i have a non-o visa)

When i crossed back to thailand it means that the 90 day report gets reset the day i enter thailand correct ? or is it not related to this ?

if so im late for about 34 days :S hope i can get away with a fine....

merry christmas by the way

well i last entered thailand 40 days ago, my visa is 365 days and i got to normally report 90 days

ill go to the immigration @ monday just to be sure. the max fine would be 5000 which i dont mind to pay if i did a stupid thing

better to pay this sum than a messed up visa

thanks for the advice community

well i last entered thailand 40 days ago, my visa is 365 days and i got to normally report 90 days

ill go to the immigration @ monday just to be sure. the max fine would be 5000 which i dont mind to pay if i did a stupid thing

You are not late for your report. Your next report is due 90 days from when you re-entered the country. Which is about 50 days from now.

ubonjoe. That's how I understand it. However I have been told by some that to keep your 365 day retirement visa valid you must report every 90 days from the

extension date of your retirement visa whether you leave Thailand or not irrespective of re-entry permit which you MUST have of course to keep your retirement visa valid. So, therefore, there is 2 schools of thought about 90 day reporting. After leaving to go to the Philippines in November for 8 days I am taking a chance that my 90 day reporting re-commences from my re-entry to Thailand. I hope so because my 90 days is way gone in the past!

You are not late for your report. Your next report is due 90 days from when you re-entered the country. Which is about 50 days from now.

Thanks alot ubonjoe! im very reliefed to hear this

I find this report thing funny and have refused to do so in the 4+ full-time years I've been here...Yes, I come in and out one a year or so, I get re-entry permits when needed and have been on ED visas having never attended a school or taken a course.

I simply don't agree, so I simply don't do it.. here is why:

If I can produce a lease/contract for 6mo/1yr what is the point to report my address 4x? My time is too valuable doing nothing than spending it on government, illogical hoops.

ubonjoe. That's how I understand it. However I have been told by some that to keep your 365 day retirement visa valid you must report every 90 days from the

extension date of your retirement visa whether you leave Thailand or not irrespective of re-entry permit which you MUST have of course to keep your retirement visa valid. So, therefore, there is 2 schools of thought about 90 day reporting. After leaving to go to the Philippines in November for 8 days I am taking a chance that my 90 day reporting re-commences from my re-entry to Thailand. I hope so because my 90 days is way gone in the past!

Postmaster mate there's no "however" or "2 schools of thought" about it and neither are you " taking a chance"

The people who told you otherwise are wrong and ubonjoe is right.

• Like 1

If I can produce a lease/contract for 6mo/1yr what is the point to report my address 4x?

The report is for staying in the country more than 90 days not reporting your address.

Thinking it is just for reporting your address leads to confusion for many.

• Like 1

" to keep your 365 day retirement visa valid you must report every 90 days from the extension date of your retirement visa whether you leave Thailand "

You don't have a visa, you have an extension of stay, and visas are never extended, which is why you need a re-entry permit if you plan to travel out of Thailand and return without losing your extension of stay.

There may be many schools of thought among those who clearly have no idea what the requirements are, but the 90 day report has nothing to do with keeping you extension of stay valid. You can be fined for failing to do the 90 day report on time and you can cancel the validity of your extension of stay if you leave Thailand and return without a re-entry permit. These are two different and unrelated issues.

Re-entry permits, 90 day reports, visas, extensions of stay are different things, have different purposes and different requirements. You seem to have them confused.

• Like 2

I find this report thing funny and have refused to do so in the 4+ full-time years I've been here...Yes, I come in and out one a year or so, I get re-entry permits when needed and have been on ED visas having never attended a school or taken a course.

If I can produce a lease/contract for 6mo/1yr what is the point to report my address 4x? My time is too valuable doing nothing than spending it on government, illogical hoops.

"My time is too valuable doing nothing than spending it on government, illogical hoops."

If you don't understand something I assume you automatically label it "illogical."

"...have been on ED visas having never attended a school or taken a course."

Which is why obtaining the ED visa & extensions of stay is now far less easy to do. It's hard to believe your catalog of contempt for the law is anything more than a troll post, but your attitude certainly contributes to the enforcement of some of the hoop-jumping you complain about.

If Karma seems illogical to you, you could be in for a big surprise.

"My time is too valuable doing nothing than spending it on government, illogical hoops."

If you don't understand something I assume you automatically label it "illogical."

"...have been on ED visas having never attended a school or taken a course."

Which is why obtaining the ED visa & extensions of stay is now far less easy to do. It's hard to believe your catalog of contempt for the law is anything more than a troll post, but your attitude certainly contributes to the enforcement of some of the hoop-jumping you complain about.

If Karma seems illogical to you, you could be in for a big surprise.

Well with all the ED scares I've read about, I found a law firm that will add me as a "consultant" for a non-im B visa (work permit) for a nominal fee. Karma is merely a human "feel-good" thing to stand in place of things we can't control the outcome too...and good or bad, we always find a way to make it fit out circumstances to ease and justify our minds at peace

I need to make it clear for myself. I am on ED visa.

So, instead of wasting my time every 90 days (well actually 60 since the officer didn't like my face the last time I went there) at CW to get a new stamp, can I just get a re-entry permit, hang out somewhere abroad for a day or two, and then come back and be clear for another 90 days?

If so that would be amazing.

I need to make it clear for myself. I am on ED visa.

So, instead of wasting my time every 90 days (well actually 60 since the officer didn't like my face the last time I went there) at CW to get a new stamp, can I just get a re-entry permit, hang out somewhere abroad for a day or two, and then come back and be clear for another 90 days?

If so that would be amazing.

I cannot see what would be so amazing about doing that just to avoid doing 90 day reports.

You can do them by mail.

In Bangkok you have 3 locations where you can do them. Major Hollywood Suksawat and Imperial World Lad Phrao have both been reported as taking about 10 minutes to do them.

Because I hate being in CW all day, I would prefer spend a day or two abroad by far. I have been told that Imperial World does it only for Burmese and Cambodian migrants, but I will give it a try since it's kinda close to where I live.

You were told wrong. Notice on Bangkok immigration website.

From 2nd January, 2014, all foreigners residing in Bangkok will be able to provide their 90 days notification of residence at 2 additional offices, which are Immigration Service Center for 3 national Legalized Labors, Major Hollywood Suksawat and Imperial World Ladprao.
  • Like 1

Quote'' what is the point to report my address'' - I didn't realise it was optional

So you really conform to rules laid down by your host country, abusing he Ed visa ( no wonder genuine people are having problems) and a failing to report, when you get caught, for either of the rules you are breaking you will moan like a child.

So what do you think of Thais living in your home country who might feel that their time was too valuable doing nothing than spending it on the illogical hoops which the government no doubt places in their way with considerable zeal and gusto?

Edited by OJAS

Quote'' what is the point to report my address'' - I didn't realise it was optional

So you really conform to rules laid down by your host country, abusing he Ed visa ( no wonder genuine people are having problems) and a failing to report, when you get caught, for either of the rules you are breaking you will moan like a child.

You people really pose illogical childish arguments.. seriously if you are sheep and do and obey everything asked or commanded of you then great. We need machines that do rather than think for themselves.. I'm not you, I question, challenge, resist

So what do you think of Thais living in your home country who might feel that their time was too valuable doing nothing than spending it on the illogical hoops which the government no doubt places in their way with considerable zeal and gusto?

I dont let miniscule things bother me..if someone can get over on the government by every means show me and more power or perhaps I can teach you some of my tricks

I dont let miniscule things bother me..if someone can get over on the government by every means show me and more power or perhaps I can teach you some of my tricks

Bet the flouting of your home country's immigration laws by resident/visiting Thais there isn't a minuscule thing in your mind, and that you would be the first to call for all such "miscreants" to be horsewhipped without mercy for their heinous crimes as you saw them!