Has the Russian financial crisis led to fewer Russian tourists in Pattaya?

Card

last year I watched Ocean Pacific condo show room by NovaGroup. This January I checked if the condo build up and....everything disappear blink.png No show room no dockyard.

This week on pattayapropertyguide nr.51 few words from Novagroup http://issuu.com/pattayacondoguide/docs/ppg_issue_51_page_1-90-_update/9?e=0 They stopped everything because Russian has no money.

I heard that one condo unit on Pratumnak Hill is housing about 20 Russians. They don't have the money to rent separate units. Bathroom facilities in common spaces, like the pool area, are in full use by the Russians.

I heard that one condo unit on Pratumnak Hill is housing about 20 Russians. They don't have the money to rent separate units. Bathroom facilities in common spaces, like the pool area, are in full use by the Russians.

Do you have any proof?

A friend who lives in the condo, has seen them and is complaining at the high level of noise, high volume of traffic in and out of the unit. He has seen the Russians removing cushions from pool lounge chairs and taking them up to the condo, lining-up to use the pool showers with soap and towels.

What proof do you want me to post?

Do you have any proof?

A friend who lives in the condo, has seen them and is complaining at the high level of noise, high volume of traffic in and out of the unit. He has seen the Russians removing cushions from pool lounge chairs and taking them up to the condo, lining-up to use the pool showers with soap and towels.

What proof do you want me to post?

Witness reports add credibility. Fore-warned is fore-armed.

Cheers.

My friend, who told me about the Russians at the condo, is a retired medical doctor in his 70's. I have never known him to BS about anything.

A post containing a link to Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

• 3 weeks later...

two ''poor'' russian live six month in the apartment over my head. only 30000 THB/month , others in the condos in front of me 40000/month

maybe Europe+US did not hit them enough

30,000 baht is not that much in the scheme of things. £600 per month shared between two. The question should be what do they get for the 30,000/40,000.

No one is suggesting that every Russian is poor. That is ridiculous. In fact, most of the Russian girls I met last year, have returned again this year. They just compromised on the location of their hotels.

Well, has it?

In answer to the OP, clearly if a currency is devalued by 50%,then the affect on the people who reside and have their financial affairs in the country affected by the 50% drop in value of their currency are affected in many ways. Really, if the sun did not shine would solar power companies suffer? What a daft question. If my car ran out of petrol would it stop?

Well, has it?

In answer to the OP, clearly if a currency is devalued by 50%,then the affect on the people who reside and have their financial affairs in the country affected by the 50% drop in value of their currency are affected in many ways. Really, if the sun did not shine would solar power companies suffer? What a daft question. If my car ran out of petrol would it stop?

There are a myriad of answers to my original question. But if you think it's daft then to answer a daft question is even dafter.

Well, has it?

There are a myriad of answers to my original question. But if you think it's daft then to answer a daft question is even dafter.

Without getting into a 'which came first, the chicken or the egg' conversation, do you think a 50% drop in the value of your currency will affect your buying power?

Well, has it?

Without getting into a 'which came first, the chicken or the egg' conversation, do you think a 50% drop in the value of your currency will affect your buying power?

It depends when I ordered some purchases in relation to the price increases, how much the increases were, whether the purchases were still value for money, and how much I wanted them. I suggest you read some of the responses on this question. They are not as daft as yours and not as simple as you or your answers. Do you know the difference between 'cost' and 'value'? Russians may still do.

Edited by Card