"The Interview" How to see it?

devaram

To the guy who said said like the worst movie ever ... oh please, you must not see many movies!

For me, maybe the worst this week (because usually I view based on quality rather than curiosity and controversy).

But I liked This is the End!

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/this-is-the-end-2013

Well I was one of the people who said one of the worst movies, I have seen.... It up there for sure! bah.gif

It might suit American sense of humour.... it's a wonder they did not put a phoney laugh track in it! tongue.png

To the guy who said said like the worst movie ever ... oh please, you must not see many movies!

For me, maybe the worst this week (because usually I view based on quality rather than curiosity and controversy).

Well I was one of the people who said one of the worst movies, I have seen.... It up there for sure! bah.gif

It might suit American sense of humour.... it's a wonder they did not put a phoney laugh track in it! tongue.png

I am about 30 minutes (25%) of the way through watching this 'comedy', I have not laughed once or even broken a smile.

Does this show anything about the British sense of humour?

• Like 1

I am about 30 minutes (25%) of the way through watching this 'comedy', I have not laughed once or even broken a smile.

Sure does! I did not crack a smile or laugh,either, through the whole thing, I watched it all hoping it might get better, it did not! coffee1.gif

If it had not been raining, I would have found better things to do !!

It will be intersting to see what you say at the end of the ordeal! biggrin.png

It is definitely not a classic of the comedy genre with any cultural context in mind.

It's just that I don't think it is EXCEPTIONALLY a poor movie either.

Also, from a novelty POV in how it deals directly with a current political villain and names him, it is quite unusual in a fictional movie.

Edited by Jingthing

Yep, Team America did a much better job of insulting DPRK and everyone that watched it ;)

• Like 1

Is that site for streaming video or am I downloading ? I am trying to watch but just have a sliding bar going across the screen for the last 10 minutes.

It's a video streaming site. Are you blocking plugins and scripts (Flash/js)? Otherwise check the js console on chrome if there are any errors showing.

As offered: I have uploaded a version to MEGA.

Direct fast download (493 MB, medium picture quality 480*256), no registration, popups or other BS.

Sent me a PM if you want the link.

I viewed it on a Windows 7 PC using VLC player.

Can not garantuee for Android or iOS devices (not tested).

Oh come on, any movie where the lead poos his pants after listening to Kate Perry deserves some kudos.

• Like 2

Yes. It's superior.

Superior... HA!!! Different yes. Mrs. Brown's Boys Da Movie... need I say more?

Edited by mikebike
  • Like 1

Yes. It's superior.

Superior... HA!!! Different yes. Mrs. Brown's Boys Da Movie... need I say more?

I actually sat through that. You're right ... that was indeed was one of the worst movies ever.

It's not about British vs. American, it's about good vs. bad.

Edited by Jingthing

OK, I'm watching it.

The interview with Eminem - childish, infantile humour.

The "take him out joke" scene - not funny, embarrassing.

OK, enough. 29 minutes of crap.

• Like 1

Good news ... not at all surprised.

Regardless of the laugh content, there is some damaging political content in the movie and it IS a threat to the NK regime:

North Korean defector to airdrop DVD, USB copies of The Interview

"North Korea's absolute leadership will crumble if the idolization of leader Kim breaks down," Park told the AP, which noted that the dispatched versions will have Korean subtitles.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/12/north-korean-defector-to-airdrop-dvd-usb-copies-of-the-interview/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arstechnica%2Findex+%28Ars+Technica+-+All+content%29

The most interesting line from this amazing movie : Kim does not have a butthole, he work so hard so he has no time to pee or poop.

Edited by balo

The most interesting line from this amazing movie : Kim does not have a butthole, he work so hard so he has no time to pee or poop.

Apparently, this is the actual propaganda line in NK.

I am not too surprised.

When I was a kid one of my friends was a son of a South Korean diplomat. He told me he was taught that girls don't do bathroom business. He came from a very conservative background. Maybe there is something funny in the older Korean culture about bathroom stuff.

The build up to the film mentioned that all the NK propaganda used in the movie was based on actual NK propaganda.

To expand on this a little, I'm pretty sure they teach that their "great leaders" don't excrete, but I'm not sure if they really go into technical details like lack of the equipment.

Edited by Jingthing

To expand on this a little, I'm pretty sure they teach that their "great leaders" don't excrete, but I'm not sure if they really go into technical details like lack of the equipment.

They also claim that KJU can 'talk to dolphins.' I'm not joking unfortunately.

Dude, in the interests of not misquoting this masterpiece of a movie the actual conversation about buttholes is listed below from the srt file.

00:37:34,918 --> 00:37:36,686

I heard he doesn't pee or poo.

00:37:36,786 --> 00:37:40,390

He works so hard,

he burns the energy from inside.

00:37:40,490 --> 00:37:42,690

You-You're telling me my man

doesn't have to take a poo?

00:37:42,726 --> 00:37:43,960

Does-does he have

a butthole?

00:37:44,061 --> 00:37:45,896