How many foreigners wifes were not former sex workers

manxninja

A guy I knew once said about a girl who I was have a problem with " you knew what she was when you met her" basically she was a bar girl and money hungry and a cheat. But he was right, you can only blame yourself if things go wrong with a relationship with a bar girl. Higher risk ... Just saying :)

I would have to agree with you on that. Also, one has to think, these bar girls are having sex many many times for money. Not feelings or emotions. Anyone who marries a bar girl takes a chance she only screws him to keep him happy and is doing it coldly at that. Without feeling not emotion.

I knew a guy who married a bar girl and is still married to her. One of the first things that happened to him was her stating she doesn't like sex. Needless to say, this was said after the wedding and she ultimately gave him permission to be with other girls. She was just tired of it after having so many men for money. Sad to say this happens a lot and worse. The man makes a house and/or a business and once the women's future is secure she dumps him.

• Like 1

My wife was with the same Thai man for 6 years then she dumped him because he got a new Gf. I met her after and dated her for 3 years before we married. She comes from the South and has a Masters in Accounting. She works for the Ministry of education. Her family has rubber tree farms and palm oil trees. Her salary is half of mine which is pretty darn good. Not a rich lady but surely well off. Being the youngest daughter she inherits the land and house from the family. I guess I should mention that sin sodt was refused by her and the family. She had never worked at a bar or sold her <deleted>
My sinsod dowry was 2 mil baht.
Good lord! I hope your joking, I didn't pay, nor was I asked too. You would have to be a complete fool to buy your wife.

he didnt buy a wife. educate yourself

It is surprising that many people posting on a forum about Thailand understand so little about the culture!

Although technically he followed thai culture paying the sinsodt. I believe it is the same as buying her. Mind you this is my opinion only coming from a country whose history is paying money for slaves. Sinsodt is given to show you have the means to support a family with the woman. Thais have twisted it into a payment to the family for their daughter. That is why so many parents keep and use the sinsodt for their own benefit. It is not supposed to be this way. So basically unless that dowry goes to the wife and children then he is paying the family for their daughter. Plain and simple

youre wrong, plain and simple.

http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/thai-dowry.php

Before you are headstrong you should read about it.

My wife was with the same Thai man for 6 years then she dumped him because he got a new Gf. I met her after and dated her for 3 years before we married. She comes from the South and has a Masters in Accounting. She works for the Ministry of education. Her family has rubber tree farms and palm oil trees. Her salary is half of mine which is pretty darn good. Not a rich lady but surely well off. Being the youngest daughter she inherits the land and house from the family. I guess I should mention that sin sodt was refused by her and the family. She had never worked at a bar or sold her <deleted>
My sinsod dowry was 2 mil baht.
Good lord! I hope your joking, I didn't pay, nor was I asked too. You would have to be a complete fool to buy your wife.

he didnt buy a wife. educate yourself

It is surprising that many people posting on a forum about Thailand understand so little about the culture!

Although technically he followed thai culture paying the sinsodt. I believe it is the same as buying her. Mind you this is my opinion only coming from a country whose history is paying money for slaves. Sinsodt is given to show you have the means to support a family with the woman. Thais have twisted it into a payment to the family for their daughter. That is why so many parents keep and use the sinsodt for their own benefit. It is not supposed to be this way. So basically unless that dowry goes to the wife and children then he is paying the family for their daughter. Plain and simple

youre wrong, plain and simple.

http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/thai-dowry.php

Before you are headstrong you should read about it.

perhaps you should as it contradicts you

Those isaan hookers in pattaya are uneducated about STDs and think that praying to buddha can cure them. Many of them believe that being sexually abused, sold into sexual slavery, and sold by their parents to a pimp for 1000 baht is normal. Many of them believe that the goal in life is to find a sucker before they reach age 25 so get as much money as they can out of them. Love is not in the equation at all because they were never loved by their parents who sold them into brothels at a very young age. Being the victim of human sex trafficking had raped their soul and their mind.

• Like 1

Prostitutes are psychologically damaged.

Maybe in America. Not so much here.
I guess believing there's a difference makes it easier.

Some guys here seem to think the local women barely count as human beings.

Indeed. And many seem to think the same about prostitutes.

Just to point out SB claims to have no knowledge of either prostitutes or Thai women.

So he's talking from a position of claimed ignorance.

Just to point out SB claims to have no knowledge of either prostitutes or Thai women.

I've never paid them to have sex with me. That doesn't mean I know nothing about them. There are other ways to interact with women, you know.

I've never paid them to have sex with me. That doesn't mean I know nothing about them. There are other ways to interact with women, you know.

Why would you not pay a prostitute if you have sex? That's pretty low and could get you into serious trouble.

• Like 1

Why would you not pay a prostitute if you have sex? That's pretty low and could get you into serious trouble.

You mean every time I have sex, I then have to go out and find a prostitute and give them some money?

I mean, I guess there are plenty around, but I'd have to get dressed and everything.

Edited by SoiBiker

You mean every time I have sex, I then have to go out and find a prostitute and give them some money?

I mean, I guess there are plenty around, but I'd have to get dressed and everything.

Not at all. But you would hopefully gain a better understanding of prostitution in Thailand.

I think I've picked up the basics from the amount it's incessantly discussed here. What do you think I would learn by participating?

I doubt that. You have said before you have never been involved with a Thai woman. Most here are adults and don't really believe in fairy tales anymore.

I think I've picked up the basics from the amount it's incessantly discussed here. What do you think I would learn by participating?

A lot of what is posted here is complete nonsense. You don't have to participate, but if you got to know some of the girls working in the industry in Thailand you'd get a better understanding of why they're doing it, how it affects them and their lives in general.

I doubt that. You have said before you have never been involved with a Thai woman. Most here are adults and don't really believe in fairy tales anymore.

Is that really so hard to believe?

A lot of what is posted here is complete nonsense. You don't have to participate, but if you got to know some of the girls working in the industry in Thailand you'd get a better understanding of why they're doing it, how it affects them and their lives in general.

I know people who work with sex workers and help them deal with the fallout from their lifestyles. I probably have a better grasp of how they're affected by what they do than many who use them.

Is that really so hard to believe?

And you know people who work with sex workers? Did you ever read Rain by W. Somerset Maugham?

I don't believe it. When I was in the Army the officers used to get diseases from toilet seats. Did you know that? They actually expected people to believe them.

But it's no problem. I'll just put you on ignore and not respond to any of your posts anymore. That will save us both time and energy.

I know people who work with sex workers and help them deal with the fallout from their lifestyles. I probably have a better grasp of how they're affected by what they do than many who use them.

In Thailand? What type of work do these people do?

Charity work.

OK, but in Thailand? In any case, that would explain your point of view. They must see some tragic cases and all credit to them. However, I don't think it's representative of the "farang" scene in places like Bangkok and Pattaya, which is where the bargirls I know work, and from where the vast majority of 'wives who have worked in bars' are found. There are however some horrible examples of trafficking and worse in many parts of Thailand which cater mainly to locals and not to tourists or expats.

Edited by brewsterbudgen