40 bodies have been recovered in the search for the missing AirAsia plane

webfact

I've watched a lot of the air crash investigator TV shows and the fact that they lost communication so suddenly means they most have had some sort of catastrophic incident where it was impossible for the pilots to make any further contact with the air traffic controllers. This is usually caused structural failure such as is caused by a bomb, pilots losing consciousness ect. I feel for the people waiting for their loved ones most be truly horrific. I had to change my Emirates flight once when they found a hydraulic problem and I don't mind admitting I was shitting myself and my inner voice was telling me to get up and leave if the engineer decided the plane was okay to fly.

36 hours later a plane spots debris right over the spot where the plane lost communication, mean while 30 ships have been searching 10,000 square miles yet never thought to look in the place it was lost. 36 wasted hours, the mind boggles.

Within six miles of last known location, <deleted>, Its is hard to believe the search didnt start here and work out.

Sad for the people who died......And am puzzled by them finding the plane 6 miles from

point of last contact. Seems that would have been the first place they looked. Am I

missing something here ?? Two and a half days later they finally look there ?? Sure

hope nobody died while waiting in the water. :-(

I'm confused. I have just seen images of a near naked person from the crash site. How could that happen unless the person had taken their clothes off? I've got a horrible feeling that the people they are finding made it out. Could this mean that there are some alive? I am finding it hard to say this as the plane has been discovered SO close to the last known point of contact but I am puzzled to find a person nearly naked, an emergency raft/slide and a door.

High speed impact with the sea rips clothing off.

36 hours later a plane spots debris right over the spot where the plane lost communication, mean while 30 ships have been searching 10,000 square miles yet never thought to look in the place it was lost. 36 wasted hours, the mind boggles.

Within six miles of last known location, <deleted>, Its is hard to believe the search didnt start here and work out.

Sad for the people who died......And am puzzled by them finding the plane 6 miles from

point of last contact. Seems that would have been the first place they looked. Am I

missing something here ?? Two and a half days later they finally look there ?? Sure

hope nobody died while waiting in the water. :-(

It blows my mind, this plane went missing early in the mourning. There was a full 8 hours of search time that day, had a search plane went to the exact last known location (apparently one didnt), could this plane been located the first day, even within hours of going missing?

Here we are 3 days later. UFB!

Edited by dcutman
  • Like 1

I've watched a lot of the air crash investigator TV shows and the fact that they lost communication so suddenly means they most have had some sort of catastrophic incident where it was impossible for the pilots to make any further contact with the air traffic controllers. This is usually caused structural failure such as is caused by a bomb, pilots losing consciousness ect. I feel for the people waiting for their loved ones most be truly horrific. I had to change my Emirates flight once when they found a hydraulic problem and I don't mind admitting I was shitting myself and my inner voice was telling me to get up and leave if the engineer decided the plane was okay to fly.

I think pilots say 1st thing you try to do is fly the plane. They may not had had time

Followed it on TV.

Hate the media!! Grieving relatives getting cameras and microphones right in their faces!!

What about showing some respect for their right to privacy??

Welcome to Asia, surprised they havent got the photos on the front page of the bodies yet.

I'm confused. I have just seen images of a near naked person from the crash site. How could that happen unless the person had taken their clothes off? I've got a horrible feeling that the people they are finding made it out. Could this mean that there are some alive? I am finding it hard to say this as the plane has been discovered SO close to the last known point of contact but I am puzzled to find a person nearly naked, an emergency raft/slide and a door.

High speed impact with the sea rips clothing off.

Break up at hi speed in air does the same.

6 months ago my son with his wife came from Europe to see me. I was waiting at CM airport. The aircraft arrived and all the passengers dropped out of the arrival terminal door. Usually he is one of the first, but not this time - in the end there was nobody left.

I went to the airline counter and learnt after quite a discussion that he had not been on this aircraft. Then I was informed that he never arrived at Suvanaphum.

Calling the airline he used for the flight to Bangkok was a nightmare. (Anyway the officers were always polite, had to follow airline policy) After many questions and another long discussion they revealed that his first flight was delayed and he would arrive with a later flight. In the end he arrived safe and sound just 6 hours later and without his luggage.

Only a small glimpse of what the poor families of this AirAsia flight experienced - but enough to feel with them with tears in my eyes.

Edited by sweatalot
  • Like 1

i know, its mind boggling that its taken nearly 3 days

@ sunshine 51, quotes got me.

I dont know. They sent search aircraft out that day, as far as I am aware, three c-130's, I believe. If a c-130 is flying a 3 or 400 meters or any where below cloud cover, expanding out in circles, from the exact spot were ACT lost contact, wreckage would not have been spotted?

I find it hard to believe. I also find it hard to believe now, this is where the search started.

It blows my mind, this plane went missing early in the mourning. There was a full 8 hours of search time that day, had a search plane went to the exact last known location (apparently one didnt), could this plane been located the first day, even within hours of going missing?

Take a look at the pic. This is the weather in the area when the aircraft went down. The red and black

colouring depicts massive CB (cumulo nimbus) formations. The entire area was covered in heavy

cloud. What's an aircraft gonna see? The sea state was horrible too, what's a ship gonna see?

I reckon all SAR crews did a great job...taking the weather into consideration first.

attachicon.gif244B48AD-2149.jpg

Well.........if they cannot search in it, perhaps they should not have been flying in it....

I suspect after this aircraft is recovered , there will be a lot of investigating, soul searching, and second guessing as to why the plane took and headed into such severe weather..Will be curious to see if it was a pilot decision or a corporate decision to allow the flight.. Shades of the one-two go flight that crashed in Phuket trying to land into bad weather instead of diverting.

In many cases of airplane crashes, the clothes are actually ripped off the victims during a high altitude fall or from heavy impact.

But it`s no point in speculating at this stage, and await the official investigations to be carried out and the reports are concluded.

Im afraid the Indonesian Authorities have probably been aware of the location for some time, most likely looking for survivors to give some good news before going public.

Still dosnt excuse the wasted time in the first few hours, not that its any surprise in Asia these days.

• Like 1

If the aircraft broke up in midflight, clothes will be stripped from the bodies of passengers as happened when MH17 was brought down over Ukraine.

However, if as has been reported that a 'shadow' of the plane has been spotted on the seabed, then that would suggest the aircraft landed intact, or at least some attempt at landing was made by the captain. Given though that there were severe storms in the area, a smooth landing on the surface is probably out of the question unfortunately.

It will depend on how the aircraft behaved when it hit the water that will determine what forces a human body was subjected to and could explain why some bodies have been recovered partially naked.

It's a little odd though that the bodies which have been recovered weren't attached to seats as would have been the case if they had been strapped in. That would suggest that some of them at least had time to get out. But why then did they die?

@ sunshine 51, quotes got me.

I dont know. They sent search aircraft out that day, as far as I am aware, three c-130's, I believe. If a c-130 is flying a 3 or 400 meters or any where below cloud cover, expanding out in circles, from the exact spot were ACT lost contact, wreckage would not have been spotted?

I find it hard to believe. I also find it hard to believe now, this is where the search started.

The Singaporeans had the engines running at 9.30am and ready to go. It took 5 hours for Jakarta to confirm they were needed. Yes, probably everyone dead in the accident but a whole day was lost by slow response

Did the Sings. go to the last known location? Did the Indonesians, that were handling the aircraft at the time, give the Sings the right location? Was anybody searching this location in the hours after gone missing?

Does not seem so to me, IMO. It does appear this aircraft went straight down from it last known contact, being found only a few files away from it, after nearly 3 days.

Edited by dcutman

Im afraid the Indonesian Authorities have probably been aware of the location for some time, most likely looking for survivors to give some good news before going public.

Still dosnt excuse the wasted time in the first few hours, not that its any surprise in Asia these days.

Being aware of the location and not going there? How could they find survivors then?

• Like 1