Groups want Thai PM to stay for three years

webfact

Groups want PM to stay for three years
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Two media groups and a civic network yesterday urged Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha to stay in power for a further three years to accomplish 10 major missions and lead the country out of danger.

The three groups - regarded as little known by the mainstream media - called a press conference in Mae Sot, in Tak province yesterday.

Weera Sadompruek led the groups to laud Prayut, saying that although the former Army chief came to power by a "special method", he had helped to restore peace and unity and the government was in the process of reforming the country.

They urged Prayut to stay for another three years and 20 days, reasoning that rushing to hold a general election would imperil the nation.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Groups-want-PM-to-stay-for-three-years-30251015.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-31

That's actually a great idea for the nanny states: they can ban the use of the traditional term and refer to certain playground behaviour as 'special methods'.

"He's a rather naughty boy, using special methods to get his own way with the other children."

• Like 2

3 years and 20 days?

That's rather specific. Has someone made a bet on how long before the next election somewhere and is attempting to fix the odds in their favour?

Seems New Year is bringing out the cranks already.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Indeed, it would be rude not to. Let's make it 5 - It is a nice round number after all.

Why not make it 20? That's how long TRT claimed they would be in power.

If it hadn't been for the 2006 coup they might well have been.

And the 3rd Reich might have lasted for 1000 years, if it hadn't been for WWII. Corrupt megalomaniacs cause their own downfall.

I am sure the International community will be very happy if he wants to put himself forward at the soonest possible election, if he wins that he can stay longer. I think it has a name, oh yes, it's called Democracy. Starts with a D the same as he is now, it just ends differently (usually).

• Like 1

Indeed, it would be rude not to. Let's make it 5 - It is a nice round number after all.

If the alternative is the next Thaksin crony and shooting on the streets, than he may stay 10 years.

While I think a PM should be better than Prayuth, I only need to think back to Yinglucks, Samaks, Abhisits and Somchais government. There Prayuth is surely the best option.

The only reason there is 'shooting' in the streets is due to powerful groups facilitating, financing and orchestrating the overthrow of democratically elected Govts.

You can never condone violence, but when the people's wishes continue to be thrown out then it is kind of understandable that some people turn to more extreme measures unfortunately.

I couldn't agree more ... if Thaksin hadn't directly incited dissent, created such divisions within the country with the aim solely of civil war (where he could ride in on a white charger and "save" everyone), financed, armed and orchestrated the last few protests, demonstrations, protests, riots, lootings, arson attacks, murders etc, perhaps this country wouldn't be in the shit it is in now.

As you say though, you can never condone violence, yet you still seem to support Thaksin (who DOES condone and DOES use violence to meet his goals) and you cling doggedly to the (misguided) belief that everything your hero does is "for the people", even if his/their views don't represent "the majority" of those in Thailand.

On the flip side, the opposition to Thaksin are almost as equally bad, but I'd still give Thaksin's side the "gold star" for extremes of violence and lack of any/all compassion when it comes to doing what (they think) it takes to allow him to run (ruin) the country uncontested.

• Like 2

We are a cynical load of sods arent we? The country is not run the way we have been used to is it? We have been used to sticking by the rules when we lose and have another go at the next time slot, here the rules are there to be broken, its part of everyday life so it will take a sea change to alter the mindset, we live in hope that a move towards our ways is on the way, but dont hold your breath, in the meantime, carry on Prayuth.

• Like 2

If the alternative is the next Thaksin crony and shooting on the streets, than he may stay 10 years.

While I think a PM should be better than Prayuth, I only need to think back to Yinglucks, Samaks, Abhisits and Somchais government. There Prayuth is surely the best option.

The only reason there is 'shooting' in the streets is due to powerful groups facilitating, financing and orchestrating the overthrow of democratically elected Govts.

You can never condone violence, but when the people's wishes continue to be thrown out then it is kind of understandable that some people turn to more extreme measures unfortunately.

True, and now anyone who speaks well of the current government is rewarded free media exposure. We shall hear more from the misinformed and other elitist shills spouting the lack of need for personal freedoms.

Using force where it is not needed and unjustified, only brings sadness, not happiness.

• Like 1