How I lost $250,000 in Phuket.

Op I know 2 people here in Hua Hin who I am sure invested in the same scheme, i'm sure it's the same one as they mentioned a High court judge being involved, they have both lost considerable amounts.

Edited by darrendsd
  • Like 1

One infallible rule, if any investment promotion says "Risk Free", don't listen to another word!

Turn and run.

There is no such thing as "Risk Free".

An acquaintance of mine who was teaching in Thailand pretty much went bust. The usual reasons: too many girlfriends, too much booze, living outside his income.

He's a glib talker...can be very convincing when pressing his views on things.

Last year, he returned to Australia and landed a job selling "Retirement Plans" to elderly citizens, his commissions are huge and he's making a bundle. He returned to Thailand not too long ago for a 2 month "holiday", living large and tossing money all over the place.

"I'll make it all back in a few weeks!" He told us.

I can't help thinking of all the poor retirees who invested in his product and are funding his happy lifestyle out of their pockets. Any plan that pays commissions as outlandish as what he gets has got to be as dodgy as a game of "Three Card Monte".

When I asked him about it, his reply was simple: "Not my problem."

Have you reported your acquaintance / company to ASIC

• Like 1

Op I know 2 people here in Hua Hin who I am sure invested in the same scheme, i'm sure it's the same one as they mentioned a High court judge being involved, they have both lost considerable amounts.

What's the big deal with a high Court judge anyway?blink.png They are only lawyers who happen to have reached the higher echelons.

too much booze,too many girlfriends and over spends. just sound like a typical foreigner lost in Thailand.

One infallible rule, if any investment promotion says "Risk Free", don't listen to another word!

Turn and run.

There is no such thing as "Risk Free".

An acquaintance of mine who was teaching in Thailand pretty much went bust. The usual reasons: too many girlfriends, too much booze, living outside his income.

He's a glib talker...can be very convincing when pressing his views on things.

Last year, he returned to Australia and landed a job selling "Retirement Plans" to elderly citizens, his commissions are huge and he's making a bundle. He returned to Thailand not too long ago for a 2 month "holiday", living large and tossing money all over the place.

"I'll make it all back in a few weeks!" He told us.

I can't help thinking of all the poor retirees who invested in his product and are funding his happy lifestyle out of their pockets. Any plan that pays commissions as outlandish as what he gets has got to be as dodgy as a game of "Three Card Monte".

When I asked him about it, his reply was simple: "Not my problem."

Don't invest any money in Thailand that you can't afford to lose.I invest in dividend paying stocks.Even though the dividend yield

Ranges between 3-6%,I sleep good at night.

Can I lose the money?Well sure.But I have it diversified into many sectors.If one company goes bad I can still rely on the

Other companies.

If you read the OP's story and do some quick checks on the company he invested in you will see that he didn't actually invest any money in Thailand

Don't invest any money in Thailand that you can't afford to lose.I invest in dividend paying stocks.Even though the dividend yield

Ranges between 3-6%,I sleep good at night.

Can I lose the money?Well sure.But I have it diversified into many sectors.If one company goes bad I can still rely on the

Other companies.

And the wise man speaks. +1 I even make sure it has at least a 10 year track record and some cases 20 years. I also sleep pretty good at night.

I invested over 500,000 in sterling with a reputable company in bkk was told low risk about 10% a year possible, the upshot was I took all the risk he and the company he invested my money with in the isle of man both took there commission and if there was anything left over I got that.

after 6 year I got zero profit when I mentioned this to him he said the markets have been very bad since I've invested and I was lucky not to of lost any of my money, that's very true.

I withdrew all my money back from him not a problem, was penalized financially by the company in the isle of man.

just a big legal con I think all these money investment scams

• Like 2

I use to get persons with British accents calling me all the time at my office wanting to invest my money. They were very quoi at keeping you on the phone. Eventually I had to get rude and just started hanging up on the them. Now my secretary screens the calls.

• Like 1

You found out the hard way not to trust anyone in Thailand,

especially when money or property is involved,just hope you

are able to get back on your feet again,it would also be nice

if you could get some justice,but that rarely happens.

regards Worgeordie

I don't think this is really anything to do with Thailand. IT's just a standard ponzi scam that happens all over the world. OP just happened to be in Thailand, but could have happened anywhere.

There are plenty of people I trust in Thailand. I base my trust on individuals not nationalities. Some of the biggest financial scams are in the USA. I still trust many Americans as well. The people I don't trust are those that offer too good to be true schemes.

"I don't think this is really anything to do with Thailand. IT's just a standard ponzi scam that happens all over the world. OP just happened to be in Thailand, but could have happened anywhere"

Of course it is to do with Thailand,that's where it happened,ponzi schemes are known worldwide,and in many Countries are illegal.If a countries policy is to bury it's head in the sand,where else do people who have been scammed attempt to get their money back?

I did not click the link or Google it.

But if you are going to invest your LIFE SAVINGS ($250.000)

A little research (on Google) would have helped.

In the TOP 10 anything Thailand, ThaiVisa.com is there, FOR MANY MANY YEARS NOW.

Enough Same Same to read about.

OP = PURE IDIOT OR TROLL