Ping pong Pattaya

alt

The gf and I are heading to Pattaya for a bit of sun before our trip ends.

Curiousity has gotten the better of the gf and she wants to go to a ping pong show. I must admit, I'm curious also.

Given the horror stories of following touts, can someone pm me a place that we can simply walk into? We're happy to pay a nominal cover charge, or even buy a few overpriced drinks BTW, we just don't want to be scammed

Let's be careful here and abide by forum rules. With that being said, scams are rampant at these places. You've got to be really careful, or OK with handing over 5-10 times what you had planned.

I went to one in Bangkok with a friend from back home. He just had to go. It was very close to being an extremely bad idea. Ladyboys all over us for drinks (and very ugly ones at that). Darts flying past our heads at balloons on the walls behind us. Then, yelling and screaming at the front door. Pushing and shoving as fake bills were thrown at us. But we got out paying only what we 100% agreed to with the door man in advance. But only barely.

All in all, it was a disgusting show. No redeeming value and something I'll never do again.

• Like 2

A few decades ago "shows" like this used to be quite amusing, and above all done with a sense of fun. These days I dont imagine that any of them are more than overpriced and sleazy scams.

Which probably sums up most of the sex business here.

• Like 1

So we kept an eye on goings on....

Ended up walking up the stairs of 'play' on walking st and asked, in my worst Thai 'how much'

300 baht inc. Any drink on the menu. We paid, we saw, we drank, we left.... No drama.

Certainly an experience!

Let's be careful here and abide by forum rules. With that being said, scams are rampant at these places. You've got to be really careful, or OK with handing over 5-10 times what you had planned.

I went to one in Bangkok with a friend from back home. He just had to go. It was very close to being an extremely bad idea. Ladyboys all over us for drinks (and very ugly ones at that). Darts flying past our heads at balloons on the walls behind us. Then, yelling and screaming at the front door. Pushing and shoving as fake bills were thrown at us. But we got out paying only what we 100% agreed to with the door man in advance. But only barely.

All in all, it was a disgusting show. No redeeming value and something I'll never do again.

Never, never sit under the balloons. I was terrified that a badly aimed dart was going to take out an eye.

A few decades ago "shows" like this used to be quite amusing, and above all done with a sense of fun. These days I dont imagine that any of them are more than overpriced and sleazy scams.

Which probably sums up most of the sex business here.

"These days I dont imagine that any of them are more than overpriced and sleazy scams."

One can only wonder what the correct price is for watching someone propel pingpong balls from her/his nether regions.

Calling this sort of a show a "sleazy scam" is also a tad hypocritical. In this case, there seems to be plenty of "sleazy" to go around on both sides of the footlights.

Maybe Trip Advisor, Lonely Planet or the Michelin Guide provide information on venues that are both tasteful and economically priced for the discerning, high quality "tourist."

Edited by Suradit69

I dont have any problem with people who want to watch or perform in things like this, just as long as they don't do it in streets and frighten the horses. But decades ago it was all more fun and less sleaze, as I think anyone who was around then would agree. But those who want sleaze are welcome to it and I certainly wont criticise them or deny them it, and I dont see anything at all hypocritical in this.

I have no idea what the correct price would be, nor do I care very much, but I'm sure that around Walking Street such things are overpriced just as practically everything in that area is overpriced. That's tourism.

Ping pong balls and darts are somewhat passe. I think the thing that put me off shows like this for good was the insertion of a twelve inch long live eel. Yes it really was live, the wriggling, slimy creature was passed around in a basin for inspection before the performance.

Champion A-gogo has "shows" involving ping pong balls, live goldfish, artistic painting, popping balloons with darts. There is no admission fee and drinks are normally priced. In between shows there will be some dancing girls. It's about half way down Walking Street on the left and is usually frequented by Chinese tour groups and curious couples.

post-25648-0-67394400-1420288141_thumb.j

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 2

I used to go to one or two of these shows a year. I also never paid an entrance fee. We simply walked around the various bars or went by recommendation.

Windmill was one of the best.

Seen one, seen them all really. OK for a bit of fun now and again but that was about it.