Three suspected insurgents killed in clash in Pattani

Lite Beer

Three suspected insurgents killed in clash in Pattani
Pares Lohasan
The Nation

PATTANI: -- A clash yesterday between Thai security officers and suspected insurgents in Pattani's Ma Yor district resulted in three deaths - including suspected Runda Kumpulan Kecil commander Maruding Tahae.

He was sought over nine security cases including an attack in Ma Yor last July in which four soldiers were killed.

The two other men killed were also suspected insurgents. They were identified as Patah Lateh and Mahamasabri Dolloh, a source said.

Two more insurgents, identified as Abdulloh Salae and Sofri Jehha, were also arrested. This has put authorities on alert for possible attacks in retaliation. The officers also seized three rifles and four pistols, plus three grenades.

A 100-strong team from the Police's Special Task Force Unit 431 and the Army's 43rd Ranger Division rushed to the area early yesterday after a tip-off that suspected insurgents were there.

Officers clashed with the alleged militants in Ban Nasa Moo 5 in tambon Taluboh-Yeurai from 9am until 1pm.

At press time late yesterday, the area was still sealed, as officers believed two more suspects were still in hiding in the area.

The clash occurred around the same time Supreme Commander General Worapong Sanganet was in the deep South to attend a National Children's Day celebration and provide flood relief to residents of Pattani's Muang district.

In related news, a national security source recently revealed that Pattani United Liberation Organisation (Pulo) under the leadership of Gusturi Mahkota would arrange a meeting of "people who think differently from the Thai State" in Hamburg of Germany on January 24. Gusturi sent invitations to Pulo members and other separatist groups including the Barisan Revolusi Nasional, the Barisan Islam Pembebasan Patani and the Gerakan Mujahidin Patani and some groups have already got back to say they will attend, the source said.

The "Unity Talk" gathering - to celebrate Pulo's 47th anniversary - also aims to unite all groups, including two Pulo factions known as the "Patani Liberation Army" led by Samsuding Khan and the "old Pulo" group led by Kamae Usoh, in making demands to Thailand in the Malaysia-facilitated peace talks to end unrest in the deep South, the source said.

Another source in Malaysia said the "Unity Talk" may be backed by some Thai agencies trying to resolve the lack of unity among "people who think differently from Thai State" - to ensure that the peace talks succeed.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Three-suspected-insurgents-killed-in-clash-in-Patt-30251645.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-10

I am glad to see that these Insurgent groups are being talked with.

I am a Farang and I have often wondered just who are these people?

Are they ordinary Thai Muslims, or are they Sunni like Muslims, who

believe in Sharia law, and all of its problems with things, like

tolerance and acceptance of other religions, or are they Islamic style extremists, who don't like anyone except

themselves?

When I read the words suspected insurgents, it makes me feel that

the people involved are so much more than that.

I have always felt that people who live in some country that they

don't like to live in, should maybe move to another country where

they may feel more at home. The people who live in a country

and feel that they should do harm to others in that country

just because they maybe do not think the same, are not just insurgents, they

are actually undesirable people, who are not doing anything good

for the country they are living in, and maybe should just leave.

Of course this is all my foreign opinion, and I guess I just do not get

some people who live on this planet, and I never will.

I am after all a geezer, and my opinion, was developed years ago.

I am glad to see that these Insurgent groups are being talked with.

I am a Farang and I have often wondered just who are these people?

Are they ordinary Thai Muslims, or are they Sunni like Muslims, who

believe in Sharia law, and all of its problems with things, like

tolerance and acceptance of other religions, or are they Islamic style extremists, who don't like anyone except themselves?

When I read the words suspected insurgents, it makes me feel that the people involved are so much more than that.

I have always felt that people who live in some country that they don't like to live in, should maybe move to another country where they may feel more at home. The people who live in a country

and feel that they should do harm to others in that country just because they maybe do not think the same, are not just insurgents, they are actually undesirable people, who are not doing anything good

for the country they are living in, and maybe should just leave. Of course this is all my foreign opinion, and I guess I just do not get some people who live on this planet, and I never will.

I am after all a geezer, and my opinion, was developed years ago.

To get some insight to the conflict, orgination etc have a read of...

http://www.defence.gov.au/adc/docs/Publications2012/SheddenPapers12_120306_ConflictinThailand_Nurakkate.pdf

Some further background...

http://www.thaiembassy.org/riyadh/en/organize