Yingluck 'failed to address issues'

Lite Beer

There is an old saying that mild men sleep soundly in their beds only because of the hard men that guard the gates and walls. It is historical fact that the better they are at protecting the citizens, the less they are appreciated and the more they are denigrated by those, gulled into a false sense of security, that are too stupid to realise they are needed.

So whinge and moan about the expense, and hope they are still there when the barbarians arrive.

Except in this case, the weapons are pointed inwards.

As they should be when a criminal's private militia start threatening civil war and secession. As in "enemies domestic and foreign."

The submarine and the blimp will be useful in a civil war. Oh and the over price Gripen jets. Keep that expense tap flowing.

As they should be when a criminal's private militia start threatening civil war and secession. As in "enemies domestic and foreign."

Then where are the charges for treason? As far as I know, the acts of treason have been given an amnesty in the interim constitution.

As usual, you seem to be confused. AFAIK there are still some red loudmouths hiding out in Cambodia and elsewhere; whether charges have been laid and what those charges are, I have no recent knowledge, other than that the killing of protesters against a blatantly corrupt regime have ceased.

As usual, you are in denial, or possibly just cannot grasp anything more than a simple concept. Please explain why an amnesty clause was required in the Interim constituion.

As usual, you seem to be confused. AFAIK there are still some red loudmouths hiding out in Cambodia and elsewhere; whether charges have been laid and what those charges are, I have no recent knowledge, other than that the killing of protesters against a blatantly corrupt regime have ceased.

As usual, you are in denial, or possibly just cannot grasp anything more than a simple concept. Please explain why an amnesty clause was required in the Interim constituion.

It seems you, too, fail to address the issues. Why should I join you in dragging the thread further off topic with your strawman arguments?

• Like 2

There is an old saying that mild men sleep soundly in their beds only because of the hard men that guard the gates and walls. It is historical fact that the better they are at protecting the citizens, the less they are appreciated and the more they are denigrated by those, gulled into a false sense of security, that are too stupid to realise they are needed.

So whinge and moan about the expense, and hope they are still there when the barbarians arrive.

The submarine and the blimp will be useful in a civil war. Oh and the over price Gripen jets. Keep that expense tap flowing.

Did anyone, other than you, suggest that was their purpose? The threat of civil war was countered with the weapons and equipment at hand. That equipment also came in useful during the big floods, and military bases make valuable additions to the economies of many rural cities/towns.

Yes, Thailand's military budget is probably too high, but is simply stupid to ignore the ancillary disaster relief, educational and economic benefits.

• Like 2

Did anyone, other than you, suggest that was their purpose? The threat of civil war was countered with the weapons and equipment at hand. That equipment also came in useful during the big floods, and military bases make valuable additions to the economies of many rural cities/towns.

Yes, Thailand's military budget is probably too high, but is simply stupid to ignore the ancillary disaster relief, educational and economic benefits.

Ok I get it mate. Send the blimp for disaster relief, send the tanks to government house on children day for educational benefits and build military bases to stimulate local economies. At least we can agree that we have bloated number of generals and military budget.

It seems you, too, fail to address the issues. Why should I join you in dragging the thread further off topic with your strawman arguments?

What an utterly ridiculous response.

You stated "As they should be when a criminal's private militia start threatening civil war and secession. As in "enemies domestic and foreign."" and my response was regarding the actual acts of treason.

Still waiting for you to explain why an amnesty clause was required in the Interim constituion.

You forgot to mention the health benefits from the many military hospitals around the country which treat all comers and millions of them (including farang) that must save the health budget billions each year.

There are also things like coast guard which is part of the navy's work, search and rescue, which is mostly handled by the military whereas in most countries these are separate organisations with their own budgets.

But for the sake of having a bash lets just focus on the excesses, and there are some, does the country really need submarines ? No but the want them because others have them.

Am aircraft carrier isn't really needs either, although it could be a base for helicopters and troops in a costal emergency situation or on one of the islands.

But of course looking at things objectively without bias would only spoil the rants of the anti-everythings.

• Like 1

You stated "As they should be when a criminal's private militia start threatening civil war and secession. As in "enemies domestic and foreign."" and my response was regarding the actual acts of treason.

Still waiting for you to explain why an amnesty clause was required in the Interim constituion.

I'll give you a hint:

Under the now-defunct 2007 charter, Section 68 provides: "No person shall exercise the rights and liberties prescribed in the Constitution to overthrow the democratic regime of government with the King as Head of the State under this Constitution or to acquire the power to rule the country by any means which is not in accordance with the modes provided in this Constitution".

Because Thaksin brought and paid for his own militia. It ALL stems from Central World. The man just cannot be trusted, how many times has he said no more politics for him only to pop up 10 minutes later with a puppet or as a caddy :-D

It ALL stems from Central World.

the major players in Thailand's current drama pre-date Central World. They also pre-date Thaksin. It all stems from things besides Thaksin. He's just a recent arrival on the scene.

If you mean recent a since the last 20 years or so then Mr T is a recent arrival. He came onto the political scene in the 90s under Mr Chamlong's Palang Dharma party & promised to solve BKK's traffic problems within 6 months. He then jumped the fence to join up with Chavilit although I think their relationship goes back longer.

yep, that's what I mean by 'recent'...

Much more recent we had the self-defence statement read out by Ms. Yingluck addressing whatever, but not really the issue of why her marvelous 'self-financing' plan RPPS could lose so much money?

Maybe coming Friday Ms. Yingluck will find it in herself to answer questions a wee bit more to the point. Personally I fear a consult with her legal team and a request for some 'really' much needed delay. sad.png

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

'overpriced' ? Many times stated, never a shred of evidence provided.

Also weren't the Gripens under Thaksin's watch. I remember something about planes for chickens!

Yes they were.. http://scandasia.com/1153-thai-gripen-chickens-go-to-russia/

And he even cocked that up by negotiating with the Russians at the same time.

Policeman AND fighter pilot with his planes

Thaksin+Pilot.jpg

I'll give you a hint:

Under the now-defunct 2007 charter, Section 68 provides: "No person shall exercise the rights and liberties prescribed in the Constitution to overthrow the democratic regime of government with the King as Head of the State under this Constitution or to acquire the power to rule the country by any means which is not in accordance with the modes provided in this Constitution".

I'll give you a hint, I don't care. I am currently working 60-70 hour weeks, and have little time for irrelevancies. Instead of sitting at your computer typing responses to yourself about your own little topic diversions, you should try to get out more.

• Like 2

I'm sure I read this thread earlier in the day and it included a number of supportive posts of Yingluck and factual information. Now it's just filled with the usual hate Thaksin and the ardent but light weight and misinformed claims about Yingluck as PM. Hmmmm....

Her public address yesterday was the first factual and cogent accounting of the rice scheme I've read in the many months this purge and persecution has been underway. Bravo for the breathe of fresh air in her laying it all out from a leadership point of view and informing the public, in contrast to the cock ups of her detractors and who cares what a Democrat might have to say on this subject anyway. And no surprise either.

The Shinawatras and YIngluck remain the best Thailand has had to offer in terms of representing the entire country, considering the poor and knowledgeably participating in the experiment of democracy.

Like those who burned Joan of Arc at the stake, those voices withered over time. But Joan of Arc remains a revered symbol over hundreds of years, and so will Yingluck Shinawatra when her detractors are whistling under Milkwood.

Enjoy a manao boys and girls, plenty to go around.

Ok now put down that crack pipe !! sorry but the Shinawatra clan won't be remembered like Joan of Arc !! They well be remembered 100% like Jack The Riper because what Jack The Riper did to his victims is EXACTLY what they did to this country and that's what the Thai people will remember for hundreds of years after their gone. Edited by GeckosDiving

Ahh Jamie accusing me to be a troll.

I and many other posters are still waiting for your list of Yinglucks criminal convictions both past and present.

Your the one who made the statement on several occasions yet either refuse to list them or they just don't exist.

So please can you just clear that one up .Either admit your just fabricating stories or you have documented proof of her criminal convictions.

Money where your mouth is time!

I and many other posters are still waiting for your list of what good things Yingluck did for this country and it's people during her time as PM.

This should be good ! biggrin.png

• Like 2

I'll give you a hint:

I'll give you a hint, I don't care. I am currently working 60-70 hour weeks, and have little time for irrelevancies. Instead of sitting at your computer typing responses to yourself about your own little topic diversions, you should try to get out more.

The logical fallacy of ad hominem is the last refuge of the weak argument.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That is assuming she can even count to 60, I have my doubts.

And I wonder why they upped to 60 from 20.. Must surely be an attempt to muddy the waters a bit, or maybe it's to be more precise. Either way I can't see how if this whole charade is played straight she has a leg to stand on

Well parrot, where's the list of good things she did?

• Like 1

Pretty easy just google

them!

Anyway I know you lot stick together so I won't harp on this anymore.

Your hero Jamie ask me to call him out on calling yingluck being a convicted criminal I did and all his credibility has gone and so has !

The parrot doesn't lie!

One achievement stand out for me in her PR charm offensive to mend the relationship with neighbouring countries like Cambodia and Mynmar which mades the current PM job much easier meeting their leaders. I would also credit her for building up a good relationship with Japan and China who are now our major investors.

Ahh Jamie accusing me to be a troll.

I and many other posters are still waiting for your list of Yinglucks criminal convictions both past and present.

Your the one who made the statement on several occasions yet either refuse to list them or they just don't exist.

So please can you just clear that one up .Either admit your just fabricating stories or you have documented proof of her criminal convictions.

Money where your mouth is time!

I and many other posters are still waiting for your list of what good things Yingluck did for this country and it's people during her time as PM.

This should be good ! biggrin.png

Don't hold your breath while you are waiting. It could be a long time.

• Like 1

One achievement stand out for me in her PR charm offensive to mend the relationship with neighbouring countries like Cambodia and Mynmar which mades the current PM job much easier meeting their leaders. I would also credit her for building up a good relationship with Japan and China who are now our major investors.

One ephemeral achievement, if it exists at all. I must say she was Thailand's most successful female PM.

BTW "...Japan and China who are now our major investors." As they were in 2009. Wow!

"Japan was the largest source of FDI in 2009 (Jan-Oct) at US$1.86 billion, followed by Hong Kong at US$436 million......" http://www.state.gov/e/eb/rls/othr/ics/2010/138154.htm

• Like 2