Yingluck 'failed to address issues'

Lite Beer

"If the members of the NLA would like to perform their role in putting the country back on the right track, the impeachment of a wrongdoer would show the supremacy of the law", Warong stated.

as this particular NLA has been hand-picked by the 'NCPO' which overturned the last government through, let's say, errr, ... less than legal methods, then it begs the question, "who's law?"

Last caretaker government :)

Stop screwing around and just throw her ass in jail. Everyone knows she is as guilty as hell.

Thank you Sir for your in depth analysis!!wai2.gif

After reading your excellent contribution, I suddenly understand the case much better!!

"failed to address the issues"

yea so did Obama, Bush, Cameron, Blair et al

Public office is, and should be, such that you cannot get 'sued', 'impeached' or 'witch-hunted' AFTER you leave office. When you are IN office you should come under CLOSE scrutiny of the public, press and watchdogs and ejected IF the voters votes you out OR you have committed an illegal act.

To hound someone AFTER they leave office is vindictive and absurd UNLESS it was an illegal act. No one has suggested the ex-PM acted illegally they just want to grind her into the ground for revenge and to set themselves up at the feeding trough for years to come.

Most Thais I know find this distasteful and are not in the least fooled by this as they all know the real reason (which we cannot discuss).

It seems in Thailand they seek to fool all of the people ALL of the time

So you are saying a politician can do whatever they like, be completely derelict of duty, be corrupt to the core and introduce policies with the intent of providing a vehicle for corruption and then try to pass laws without due process in order to provide themselves an amnesty. Then when it fails just say I am not in office so you cannot touch me?

Twaddle. She us guilty as hell and must be impeached. Why all this talk of amnesty except that politicians are all trying to hide from their traitorous actions. There are others that should be brought to task as well on both sides of the political divide. It is about time politicians took some personal responsibility for their actions - all of them.

And that applies to the people in the current administration if they do something that is for personal gain rather than for the good of the country. No one should be above punishment for treason and make no mistake that is what cheating the country is.

You think it ok that Blair and Bush got 1000s killed with their WMD BS? did they get 'impeached' for a lie? Yingluck killed no one and you want her head? no one would serve in public office if they knew there was NO Parliamentary Privilege.

This is not about corruption it's about ******************** (censored)

If you READ my post more carefully I said

"When you are IN office you should come under CLOSE scrutiny of the public, press and watchdogs and ejected IF the voters votes you out OR you have committed an illegal act."

Currently NO comment, NO criticism and NO freedom of assembly is allowed and YOU support THAT???

you don't 'get it' that a lot of this is to deflect away from the d*******ship (censored)? wow... just wow

16 rice farmers killed them selfes when they didn't get paid for their rice.
  • Like 1

I doubt that she actually said anything instead just reading what was put in front of her (after several coaching sessions), which would have been put together by the spin doctors, who very likely work for that lawyer company that says it is no longer employed by Thaksin.

He did not say whether the former premier would attend the NLA hearing next Friday.

If I understood correctly next Fridays hearing is to question Yingluck and the NACC rep on points in their submissions.

But she may not attend....to answer questions ?

I'm sure I read this thread earlier in the day and it included a number of supportive posts of Yingluck and factual information. Now it's just filled with the usual hate Thaksin and the ardent but light weight and misinformed claims about Yingluck as PM. Hmmmm....

Her public address yesterday was the first factual and cogent accounting of the rice scheme I've read in the many months this purge and persecution has been underway. Bravo for the breathe of fresh air in her laying it all out from a leadership point of view and informing the public, in contrast to the cock ups of her detractors and who cares what a Democrat might have to say on this subject anyway. And no surprise either.

The Shinawatras and YIngluck remain the best Thailand has had to offer in terms of representing the entire country, considering the poor and knowledgeably participating in the experiment of democracy.

Like those who burned Joan of Arc at the stake, those voices withered over time. But Joan of Arc remains a revered symbol over hundreds of years, and so will Yingluck Shinawatra when her detractors are whistling under Milkwood.

Enjoy a manao boys and girls, plenty to go around.

• Like 1

I'm sure I read this thread earlier in the day and it included a number of supportive posts of Yingluck and factual information. Now it's just filled with the usual hate Thaksin and the ardent but light weight and misinformed claims about Yingluck as PM. Hmmmm....

Her public address yesterday was the first factual and cogent accounting of the rice scheme I've read in the many months this purge and persecution has been underway. Bravo for the breathe of fresh air in her laying it all out from a leadership point of view and informing the public, in contrast to the cock ups of her detractors and who cares what a Democrat might have to say on this subject anyway. And no surprise either.

The Shinawatras and YIngluck remain the best Thailand has had to offer in terms of representing the entire country, considering the poor and knowledgeably participating in the experiment of democracy.

Like those who burned Joan of Arc at the stake, those voices withered over time. But Joan of Arc remains a revered symbol over hundreds of years, and so will Yingluck Shinawatra when her detractors are whistling under Milkwood.

Enjoy a manao boys and girls, plenty to go around.

Joan of Arc? What's it with Yingluck supporters? Even our stuttering parrot was talking about burning at the stake a few days ago rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Yingluck 'failed to address issues'

Well of course she failed to address the issues. She doen't understand them.

He defense consists of... I did as I was told, how can that be wrong.

Like the line in one of the Batman films when she may have asked questions about the scheme. I didn't want to bore you with details.

• Like 2

how can you impeach someone who is not in power under a constitution that no longer exists?

Because her actions when in power and under that Constitution are impeachable.

If you rob a bank which then goes bankrupt and is closed down it doesn't mean you can't be convicted for the crime.

• Like 2

Talk about a waste of press space. Asking a former Dem and someone who being criticizing the rice scheme and wrote a book on it for a comment.

True, true. They should have asked common people.

"Given that Ms. Yingluck said her RPPS was 'self-financing' and lost 700 billion Baht, given that this has to be repaid by the government from your taxes, and given that with less financial margin the government will increase VAT, do you think Ms. Yingluck is

- a: innocent

- b: negligent

- c: criminal

- d: other (please specify)

Thank you."

The common people were asked and they voted her back to office. What next was a travesty of justice with the court invalidating the result and now this attempt to ban her for 5 years. The case before the NLA is politically motivated and the NACC is on a self serving personal agenda. Let's see them open up the case of the 2010 killings. Doubt that will see the light of day for a long time.

• Like 2

My question would be why these people were not questioning the scheme while they were all in office. I am sure this Mr. Warong was involved in the government in some form so why was he not asking these questions when he was an MP

They did, it wasn't well received.

For example, PTP's response to Waron taking a bag of rotting rice to Parliament to illustrate the sate of the stock in government warehouses was to threaten to fill a police report against him for theft.

Search for "Democrats slam pledged rice quality"

• Like 2

"failed to address the issues"

yea so did Obama, Bush, Cameron, Blair et al

Public office is, and should be, such that you cannot get 'sued', 'impeached' or 'witch-hunted' AFTER you leave office. When you are IN office you should come under CLOSE scrutiny of the public, press and watchdogs and ejected IF the voters votes you out OR you have committed an illegal act.

To hound someone AFTER they leave office is vindictive and absurd UNLESS it was an illegal act. No one has suggested the ex-PM acted illegally they just want to grind her into the ground for revenge and to set themselves up at the feeding trough for years to come.

Most Thais I know find this distasteful and are not in the least fooled by this as they all know the real reason (which we cannot discuss).

It seems in Thailand they seek to fool all of the people ALL of the time

So you are saying a politician can do whatever they like, be completely derelict of duty, be corrupt to the core and introduce policies with the intent of providing a vehicle for corruption and then try to pass laws without due process in order to provide themselves an amnesty. Then when it fails just say I am not in office so you cannot touch me?

Twaddle. She us guilty as hell and must be impeached. Why all this talk of amnesty except that politicians are all trying to hide from their traitorous actions. There are others that should be brought to task as well on both sides of the political divide. It is about time politicians took some personal responsibility for their actions - all of them.

And that applies to the people in the current administration if they do something that is for personal gain rather than for the good of the country. No one should be above punishment for treason and make no mistake that is what cheating the country is.

Do you know what is also treason? Treason itself. And the current junta government has already given themselves an amnesty for that. So I guess some are above the law.