New task force set up to help NCPO

webfact

New task force set up to help NCPO
The Nation

PRAYUT EXPLAINS THE PRAWIT-LED TEAM WILL MONITOR GOVT'S STRATEGIC FUNCTIONS

THE National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) has set up a strategic task force led by Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan to help drive the junta's work, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said yesterday.

The strategic taskforce needs help from the military and, hence General Prawit is suitable for the job as he is familiar with the armed forces, Prayut explained. Though the duties and functions of the new taskforce are unclear, Prayut said it would work alongside his government. Prawit as deputy premier is in charge of security matters.

Prayut said his government would oversee the workflow of ministries and government agencies to see if they meet its policies and objectives of reducing inequality, fighting corruption, protecting the environment and maintaining law and order in the country among others.

The National Reform Council and the National Legislative Assembly are also under the government's supervision, he pointed out.

The NCPO was set up after the May 22 military takeover initially to run the country, but it has been functioning as a policymaker and providing guidance to the government since Prayut took over as prime minister. Prayut has retained his position as NCPO chief, while Prawit remains his deputy.

Prayut explained the taskforce would take care of strategic work, while he and the government would oversee work at the operational level.

"The Cabinet and I will follow the work of officials at all levels to see if they are working effectively and efficiently and whether they are corrupt," he said.

"I will also check to see where the national budget goes in the government system. I believe we can do a better job than an elected government because I can integrate all ministries, which were previously divided among different political parties in the coalition. All ministries will be run under a common policy," he added.

Prayut said he had told all ministers at a Cabinet meeting yesterday to publicise their work as some important tasks they were working on were still unknown to the public. He pointed out that the work of the Damrongtham Centre, which is responsible of accepting complaints, Sufficient Agriculture Economy Centre, community markets and many tasks on the rural front were not publicised.

"Maybe I meet the media too often, so people only know me and don't listen to any other ministers," he said.

Meanwhile, Prawit told Cabinet about the huge reshuffle in the police recently and Prayut explained that the authorities were checking to see if officers who had been demoted were actually involved in the alleged scandals.

As for the next Army chief, Prayut said he still had no idea about the matter.

"It might be the fate and fortune or an order from heaven for anyone who works well to take the job. Don't worry about whether or not he would come from the Chan-o-cha clan," he said, referring to speculation that his younger brother Preecha was next in line to take the job.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/New-taskforce-set-up-to-help-NCPO-30251847.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-14

"THE National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) has set up a strategic task force led by Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan to help drive the junta's work"

A military junta's control over a nation is never an easy task, especially for the many years it intends to remain. Despite the junta's stated aim of returning Thailand to a "responsible" democracy, it seems to be planning for permanent military rule of the Thai people, complete with a dynasty of generals.

There is a proverb that "hope springs eternal." It means that people will continue to hope even when they have evidence that things cannot possibly turn out the way they want. Sadly the Thai spring is becoming winter eternal.

"THE National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) has set up a strategic task force led by Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan to help drive the junta's work"

A military junta's control over a nation is never an easy task, especially for the many years it intends to remain. Despite the junta's stated aim of returning Thailand to a "responsible" democracy, it seems to be planning for permanent military rule of the Thai people, complete with a dynasty of generals.

There is a proverb that "hope springs eternal." It means that people will continue to hope even when they have evidence that things cannot possibly turn out the way they want. Sadly the Thai spring is becoming winter eternal.

Hope springs eternal. So does BS.

It is OK to have another, I assume well paid, group to oversee some affairs as long as they do the job honestly, fairly & help to remove some of the cancer which will in turn justify their jobs & actually save the country money. I still say this current government can regain some credibilty if they quickly start putting some of the higher ups involved in corruption behind bars along with confiscation of assets. As long as they just keep sacrificing the low level corrupt & not doing anything about the higher ups then this will be another wasted opportunity.

This lot lost their credibility in no time at all, there was supposed to be a cleanup of Phuket the same crooks are still doing the same things.

And Koh Tao thugs still get away with murder!

The only way they could do that would be to replace the police with soldiers, then you would be crying foul of that wouldn't you ?. Is there any outcome where you wouldn't whinge at the Junta ?.

This country is infested with people whose whole life is based around corruption and it would take years to weed these people out. Don't blame the Junta, blame the people who promoted it. They are not called 'tomato police' for nothing.

• Like 1

>>The strategic taskforce needs help from the military and, hence General Prawit is suitable for the job as he is familiar with the armed forces, Prayut explained. Though the duties and functions of the new taskforce are unclear, Prayut said it would work alongside his government. Prawit as deputy premier is in charge of security matters.<< Quote

"Though the duties and functions of the new taskforce are unclear, Prayut.........................."

So they form a new taskforce just in case.....................

Those are the socalled leaders of the country!! Lord have mercy!!

This lot lost their credibility in no time at all, there was supposed to be a cleanup of Phuket the same crooks are still doing the same things.

And Koh Tao thugs still get away with murder!

The only way they could do that would be to replace the police with soldiers, then you would be crying foul of that wouldn't you ?. Is there any outcome where you wouldn't whinge at the Junta ?.

This country is infested with people whose whole life is based around corruption and it would take years to weed these people out. Don't blame the Junta, blame the people who promoted it. They are not called 'tomato police' for nothing.

Why would I cry foul at that, it would show that they mean business. I was on Phuket when the clean up commenced and there when it apparently lost momentum, I supported the Juntas proposal of cleaning up the Island, they let us down.

And who pays them? Out if what budget?

Another group to watch a group that watches other groups that watch everyone.

Seriously? The PM needs another group to assist? So far it seems there's more military personnel being spread out into all recesses of Thailand, I do wonder if this new group will be hand picked too? There won't be an Army left at the going rate of pushing more military personnel into areas they know jack shyt about!!

It sounds like the PM is more than a bit worried the "event " isn't coming fast enough and that his grip is dwindling a tad.

Just another day in LOS where surprises are becoming less common!!

• Like 1

PRAYUT EXPLAINS THE PRAWIT-LED TEAM WILL MONITOR GOVT'S STRATEGIC FUNCTIONS

on one hand, this makes it even more obvious that the junta and the government are identical... one and the same.

on the other hand, I wonder if this parallel structure will just simply remain in place for the long term. for the generals, that would make a lot of sense. for the country, less... coffee1.gif