Yingluck must answer herself, NLA insists

Lite Beer

Yingluck should only have to ask one question.

I and my party were democratically elected by the people of the kingdom of Thailand where as my accusers took the country via the barrel of a gun and your clear bias towards the Shinawatra family is known world wide so why should I have to answer to you lot?

The whole circus is illegal and a sham!

Yes.... Being elected give you the right to break laws and rob and steal from people. Unfortunately, wealth in third world countries place you above the law. I'm not a fan of military coups but who else has the power to stop these thieves?

• Like 2

Yingluck won the election in a pre paid land slide. If the pretty lady ran again tomorrow she would win the election in another landslide.

They love the Shinawatra family because it champions itself as crusaders for the poor and uneducated........Isan....NE Thailand.

I am far more interested to know her involvement in Thaksins Hong Kong shelf companies and other murky business dealings.

How did she become so rich ?. An advertising executive?

The quack who currently calls himself PM and army chief wont even let the media ask him questiions about his and his brothers staggering wealth.

All these people in office in Thailand are crooks.,

Yingluck will never go to prison.

Edited by metisdead
Corrected miss-spelling of Yingluck's name.
  • Like 1

I and my party were democratically elected by the people of the kingdom of Thailand where as my accusers took the country via the barrel of a gun and your clear bias towards the Shinawatra family is known world wide so why should I have to answer to you lot?

S/P... Did you discover something that no-one else discovered... Yinluck does not get to ASK any questions... "NONE" ... Your Darling is there to answer questions.. !

And I will explain something to you Again .. for what I think is the fourth time.. Yinluck was NOT elected by the people .... A Thai Prime Minister does not get elected by the people ,,, She was elected by MPs , many many from coalition partners which were given huge favours to sway their vote. one of the Biggest being The Rice Pledging Scheme.

And again, whether it is legal, illegal and a sham or not, it has got absolutely NOTHING to do with you. I take it you are farang.. and as for it being a circus, you should feel at home.. Billy Smart would have made a fortune by displaying a Stuttering Parrot... whistling.gifwhistling.gif

• Like 2

She hasn't even been charged with half the damage she (and her brother) has done to Thailand.

Put her in jail, pick up her brother, put him in jail and get on with it.

Integrity and morality are the main issues to be dealt with in tne near future.

• Like 1

I know there are lawyers in the NLA and it is sad that they seem to have no concept of Justice or ethics or even common sense but it about sums up these nincompoops. Yingluck did not turn up on the basis that her accomplices would answer for her claiming it as allowable under the NLA rules. She played a game BUT this is a matter of national importance and the NLA has behaved in a very immature way if they are saying that she has lost the right to respond and even more retarded in setting out the questions they want to ask her.

Given the national importance they should have given her a final opportunity by stating she had to appear in person to answer next week and if she does not then the matter will be heard and decided in her absence. The questions should not be published so she can sit with her lawyers to concoct a story. It is bad enough that everyone lies and deceives the courts here as a matter of course but giving them all the questions in advance is just moronic.

Now there will be quite valid reasons for those on Yingluck's side to claim she was not given a fair hearing and most impartial as will have to agree with that. Utterly stupid.

I think she will use the Manuel defense (waiter in Faulty Towers)

"I know nothing"

regards Worgeordie

Wasn't that catch-phrase attributable to Sergeant Schultz, a comical prison-guard in 'Hogan's Heroes', Manuel's stock phrase was "Que ?". rolleyes.gif

Although neither of them said "Thank-you three times" or smirked, like Yingluck. facepalm.gif

Maybe there really is no hope for this country - the people in charge always seem to be totally corrupt, never explain their wealth and do everything to suit themselves.

There is still not an ounce of principle to be found, not a hint of ethics or honour and not one iota of coomon sense between the lot of them.

How can Thais be happy with the prospect of being run by such incompetants? The only guy with any sense seems to be Abhisit but he is totally controlled by the morons around him and their power bases. There will never be any democracy in this country until the big families are brought to heel and people learn the principles of government and responsibilities to their nation. Thais love bleating on about Prateht Thai and are so proud yet so ready to cheat and abuse the country at the first opportunity that benefits them. Really just a lot of selfish and undeservedly self-important egoistic traitors here all boasting about the country they rape. The lowest of the low, liars and charlatans.

Edited by timewilltell
  • Like 1

The questions themselves would be illegal in a Western court. They are what's called "leading" and they also reach a conclusion. Questions must be simply neutral and unbiased.

"Have you stopped beating your wife?" Is a tough one to answer. Yes? No?

Read the questions again. They are statements of fact which haven't be adjudicated as true.

A court is called a "finder of fact." It's supposed to find the facts during trial, not assert its preconceived notion of the facts.

Also, the court itself is illegal because the junta is illegal.

I don't support Yingluck, but this is a kangaroo court arranged by the power of the military's might. No one here should support a fascist military dictatorship.

Just one point: this is not a Western court.

Disgraceful witch-hunt of a democratically elected PM

Thai people will see it for what it is that this unelected "court" is making up rules and laws as it goes along and seeks to vindictively victimise and bully Thailand's first female PM

• Like 1

The questions themselves would be illegal in a Western court. They are what's called "leading" and they also reach a conclusion. Questions must be simply neutral and unbiased.

Read the questions again. They are statements of fact which haven't be adjudicated as true.

A court is called a "finder of fact." It's supposed to find the facts during trial, not assert its preconceived notion of the facts.

I don't support Yingluck, but this is a kangaroo court arranged by the power of the military's might. No one here should support a fascist military dictatorship.

bang on - any TVF poster who could possibly support this, whatever colour they are, are a disgrace to themselves and should hang their head in utter shame.

This would not be allowed anywhere else, except perhaps, North Korea, China maybe or back in Khmer Rouge Cambodia

• Like 2

I might have missed it but the Parrot did probably see the guns, barrels and threatening from the army. All others know that the army just pronounced the coup afer the Yingluck administration was officially removed from office by the constitutional court. The then interim government was already in a inactive position and was not authorised or able to govern the country fully as they were by law and constitution forbidden to change or alter the legislation or commit to new financially based burdens. But... maybe I am wrong, right Parrot?

• Like 2

Hey all politicians yellow dems reds or whatever should be held accountable but this arena is illegal and a farce.

If it was abhisit facing the music I would be defending him also.

Fancy you lot supporting this lot.

You wouldn't cop it in your home country.

And you wouldn't support, or tolerate, a criminal fugitive appointing cronies and relatives to run your country from exile via Skype. What a load of stuttering bull sh-t.

• Like 2

Therefore as a "democratically"elected PM I have the right to destroy the financial stability of the country and the rice business. I can do whatever I want (or rather what my brother wants) without any possible ramifications, because I was elected.

Oh please!

As one of the Red's chants went " we won the election, we can do what we want ".

Unfortunately it doesn't really matter who runs the country the control attitude is the same and it's a mindset here that isn't going to change.

+1 Absolutely correct and I have my own view on Thai politics but I normally don't bother venting it and dodge these threads like the plague. In a country where I can't own land or any real property, where I can't vote, probably won't get residency and like 99% of the posters on TV will never get citizenship I say who gives a rats arse. I love residing here and will as long as it suits me however I will never get involved in telling the Thai's what is best for them in their country. It is a nonsense. The apologists will tell you "I want what is best for Thailand and the Thai people"... well that is up to them to decide and they will have to mature a lot more as a people to make that choice. Most of the yellow lovers on here have probably never seen anything but a Shin government so how would you know if the alternative is any better, any less corrupt or any less self serving? Much like the vote buying that everyone loves to harp on about it happens in virtually every country and if you think it doesn't your delusional. Most politicians are corrupt, adept at lying and feathering their own nest why would Thailand be any different? So keep battling it out, but your opinion has about as much clout as your ability to make any real change here.. zero. Rant over wai.gif . Now I will go back to ignoring these political threads does my f@$#% head in

I guess she is tempted to give the 3 fingers.

As she has the option not to appear why should she? Likely she is going to get the agreed 5 years ban from politics.

No doubt the juntas opposition is already grooming another person(s) to become the PM of a genuinely elected government whenever that may be.

Phanthongthae Shinawatra is the next cab on the rank.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Therefore as a "democratically"elected PM I have the right to destroy the financial stability of the country and the rice business. I can do whatever I want (or rather what my brother wants) without any possible ramifications, because I was elected.

Oh please!

As one of the Red's chants went " we won the election, we can do what we want ".

Unfortunately it doesn't really matter who runs the country the control attitude is the same and it's a mindset here that isn't going to change.

+1 Absolutely correct and I have my own view on Thai politics but I normally don't bother venting it and dodge these threads like the plague. In a country where I can't own land or any real property, where I can't vote, probably won't get residency and like 99% of the posters on TV will never get citizenship I say who gives a rats arse. I love residing here and will as long as it suits me however I will never get involved in telling the Thai's what is best for them in their country. It is a nonsense. The apologists will tell you "I want what is best for Thailand and the Thai people"... well that is up to them to decide and they will have to mature a lot more as a people to make that choice. Most of the yellow lovers on here have probably never seen anything but a Shin government so how would you know if the alternative is any better, any less corrupt or any less self serving? Much like the vote buying that everyone loves to harp on about it happens in virtually every country and if you think it doesn't your delusional. Most politicians are corrupt, adept at lying and feathering their own nest why would Thailand be any different? So keep battling it out, but your opinion has about as much clout as your ability to make any real change here.. zero. Rant over alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20> . Now I will go back to ignoring these political threads does my f@$#% head in

Well what a constructive on topic post. Well done.

• Like 2

The article is not quite clear on the process from here. It sounds as if Yingluck failed to show up to answer the NLA questions which had not been submitted in advance but could be largely guessed at as they just enlarged on the questions already put to her by the NACC. Instead she sent some other people to answer the questions and after a heated debate behind closed doors the NLA refused to allow this. Therefore the NLA decided to publish the questions but there is no second chance for Yingluck to come and answer them and the NLA is free to conclude that by refusing to answer she is guilty, just like a motorist who refuses a breath test. She can cover the points in her concluding remarks but the NLA is free to disregard that since she refused to answer the questions in person when she had the opportunity. That's my take.

• Like 1

Just one point: this is not a Western court.

Both wrong: this is NOT a Court, this is the Assembly which teporarily replaces the House of Representatives and the Senate, not at all the same...

Last chance for Yingluck to answer rice questions

BANGKOK: Yingluck Shinawatra faces another session in the hot seat next week after failing to show up in person on Friday (January 16) to answer legislators' questions about her government's failed rice-pledging programme.

The former prime minister sent others to the National Legislative Assembly (NLA) to represent her, including former deputy premier Kittiratt Na Ranong. But NLA members refused to let them answer the questions that had been prepared.

The NLA has demanded to hear the answers directly from Ms Yingluck, but time is running out as a vote on whether to impeach her is scheduled for next Friday.

The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has recommended that Ms Yingluck be retroactively removed from the premiership and have her political rights suspended as she failed to stop the rice scheme, despite being warned that it would end with huge losses to taxpayers.

On Friday Ms Yingluck sent nine representatives including former ministers and lawyers to answer the questions on her behalf but the NLA members who posed the questions refused to let the representatives answer.

Pichit Chuenban, a lawyer for Ms Yingluck's Pheu Thai Party, complained about the NLA's decision not to allow the former premier's representatives to answer the prepared questions.

NLA vice president Surachai Liangboonlertchai then told the representatives to ask Ms Yingluck to show up by 6pm to supply answers. Her representatives replied that they could not contact Ms Yingluck and did not know where she was.

Earlier report on Yingluck no-show
NLA members then read out the questions they wanted to pose to Ms Yingluck. They dealt with her responsibility for the damage that her rice scheme caused, including a huge loss and extensive corruption that she failed to bring to an end.

The Finance Ministry earlier concluded that the rice scheme caused a loss of at least 500 billion baht.

A question from NLA member Kitti Wasinont sought Ms Yingluck's answer on why she did not stop the rice scheme although many organisations informed her that the scheme was losing billions of baht and was plagued with corruption. In addition, no government-to-government rice trades took place as ministers had claimed, and some traders acquired pledged rice at low prices and made windfall profits from resales.

Among those delivering the warnings were the NACC, the Office of the Auditor General and the Thailand Development Research Institute.

NLA member Thaweesak Sootkawatin asked if the rice scheme was merely a tactic of Pheu Thai to win an election as the Yingluck government actually bought rice at prices nearly 50% above market prices.

NLA member ACM Chalee Janruang asked whether Ms Yingluck would repeat such a programme that seemingly consumed huge sums from the government's coffers if she had a chance to return to government.

NLA member Mahannop Detpitak asked how Ms Yingluck as the prime minister would take responsibility for the losses resulting from the scheme.

NLA member Somchai Sawaengkan asked how Ms Yingluck planned to compensate the families of 16 rice growers who had committed suicide while waiting for her government to pay for their pledged rice.

NLA member Dr Jet Siratharanont commented that Ms Yingluck did not show up on Friday because she wanted to postpone her answers to the date of her closing statement next Thursday.

This way, he said, Ms Yingluck would have an advantage because she would know the questions in advance and would have more time to prepare her replies.

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-01-17

Either way whether she faces action or not I could not care a brass rasoe. Most of those questions are pathetic. However the two that are not and where she does have a case to answer as both the PM and the Minister in charge of the scheme is questions 3 and 6 where many groups were presenting clear evidence of not corruption by her but by others within the scheme...to which she did nothing and even had people threatened.

I couldn't agree more. Some of the questions had to have been written by children. However, those two questions (3 & 6) are very good ones and she should answer them.