Landmark Hotel to Chaengwattana Immigration Office TAxi Fare

krey

Hello all,

I have a friend that is staying at the Landmark Hotel Next week. Her has to go to Chaengwattana Immigration Office and he told me that the hotel would take him up and back for 4000 baht which I personally found expensive

He can't take the subway as he is an older gentlemen and really needs a car, I was curious how much would it cost about for a normal taxi to go to the Chaengwattana Immigration Office

Basically

Driving him there

Waiting for him to finish (1 hour to 2 hours I say)

Drive him back to the hotel

What kind of rate should it be?

Thanks

You will be looking at a great deal more than 4-500 baht.

Is your friend renewing his retirement visa ? if so it can be done by post. Check out the visa section.

My guess is he will be paying between a thousand to 1500 baht.

This is absolutely untrue.

The only thing that can be done by post is a 90-day address report, which you are obliged to do any time you spend 90 consecutive days in Thailand.

This is not renewing a retirement visa, is not called any sort of renewal, and in fact has nothing to do with visas at all.

ok thanks guys

I wasnt sure if there were taxis going back and forth there

what is clear is 4000 is way to much to spend that is much is clear will try to haggle when I help him out, even if it was as high as 1500 that is certainly much better then 4000

I will look at getting a taxi there, one way, and and another on the way back

That's by far the best bet. The taxi should drop him off at the rear entrance of the building. Walk inside the building and immigration department is about 50m on the right.

When he exits the building, there should be taxis waiting.

You will be looking at a great deal more than 4-500 baht.

Is your friend renewing his retirement visa ? if so it can be done by post. Check out the visa section.

My guess is he will be paying between a thousand to 1500 baht.

This is absolutely untrue.

The only thing that can be done by post is a 90-day address report, which you are obliged to do any time you spend 90 consecutive days in Thailand.

This is not renewing a retirement visa, is not called any sort of renewal, and in fact has nothing to do with visas at all.

Sorry I did mean the 90 day report and not renewing the visa. Thanks for pointing that out.