Yamaha MT-09 Tracer 2015

Ozgur

I really like this bike based on the the way it looks, specs, power, weight and everything. I have always liked sport touring bikes bc they are powerful and confortable to ride on long journeys..

Basically it has got the same engine as MT-09 aka FZ-09 in Thailand but higher seat and with some more fairings and screen.

The question is whether or not this model will be on sale in Thailand. Where can I get any information? Which email address or facebook account should I send message to? I sent facebook account of yamaha society thailand but no reply.

post-181825-14216368566771_thumb.jpg

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/yamaha/mt-09-tracer/2015/

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it is one of the best bikes at Yamaha's line up. Good looks and glitches from mt 09 looks like ironed out at this model as reviews are cool.

If ti comes which i am sure it will come maybe they announce it during the next Motor Expo, it will be around 550 k thb i believe which same or a lesser amount can buy you a top spec and equally sporty Triumph Tiger 800.

it should be good or Yamaha to release this bike similar to mt 09's price.

Adding 2000 - 2500 USD on top of Mt 09 makes this bike expensive IMO. Lots of choices for that price bracket around the world or in Thailand. So, basically it does not hold a great value as Mt 09.

Apart from this, i am sure it is a great bike but sure not as premium and as good quality as a Triumph and looks are subjective.

hope it arrives though. Maybe they sell it below 500 k and that way they can sell good IMO.

I called the number Facebook representative provided me and talked to a PR. He said that this model might be imported mid year 2015. It is manufactured in Japan as well as FZ-09. So I guess this is good news. I hope the price wont be much though :)

Cool.

I have done about 3500km on my MT-09 now. Not had the remapping done for the throttle, got used to it now and find it no problem (I'ld call it exciting, especially in A mode).

Hope the new bike has a better rear shock that actually has some damping control and all the extra plastic doesn't weigh it down too much.

Sounds like a great bike. Good that they've addressed the fueling and suspension issues reported on the 2014 MT-09. I wonder if the 2015 MT-09 gets these changes as well? Also wonder if the 2015 MT-09 get ABS in Thailand now?

Seems like an extremely good touring bike. All the faults from the MT-09 fixed. But at 500k THB it would be overpriced compared to e.g. Europe where you can get it for about 380k.

Beats the 650cc competition hands down in power and the 1000cc competition in price and weight. This could be the ideal middle ground. Yamaha is doing some really good work since 2013.

Does anyone have experience with their dealers in Thailand?

Seems like an extremely good touring bike. All the faults from the MT-09 fixed. But at 500k THB it would be overpriced compared to e.g. Europe where you can get it for about 380k.

Beats the 650cc competition hands down in power and the 1000cc competition in price and weight. This could be the ideal middle ground. Yamaha is doing some really good work since 2013.

Does anyone have experience with their dealers in Thailand?

They are few and far between. I think it will be too expensive for the Thai market even though a very good bike.

Sounds like a great bike. Good that they've addressed the fueling and suspension issues reported on the 2014 MT-09. I wonder if the 2015 MT-09 gets these changes as well? Also wonder if the 2015 MT-09 get ABS in Thailand now?

The 2015 MT09 has an updated ECU that addresses the on/off fuelling in 'A' Mode (that factory flash is also now available here for the 2014 '09. Had my bike flashed and It makes a difference).

No suggestion that the ABS FZ09 will be available here any time soon.

I asked last week at Yamaha Ratchada if the FJ09 (MT09 Tracer) will be coming here. No clear answer but I suspect it will, although I also suspect it will be well over 500K.

The FJ-09 has ABS and Traction control.

I think this bike will be awesome in Thailand. If sold for 520K, in sales it should definitely beat the Versys-1000 for 619K.

The big problem is the lack of dealer back-up but do agree, it looks good

I think this bike will be awesome in Thailand. If sold for 520K, in sales it should definitely beat the Versys-1000 for 619K.

for that money, you can also get a top spec Triumph tiger too which is a premium bike with better components not like tracer which is a budget adv.

for that money, you can also get a top spec Triumph tiger too which is a premium bike with better components not like tracer which is a budget adv.

Triumph Tiger is very ugly and old fashion looking bike IMO. Plus it looks more like adventure/endure type. On the other hand Tracer has 100 more cc :) and it has got Yamaha logo on it. Triumph sucks Yamaha fxxks :)

Triumph Tiger is very ugly and old fashion looking bike IMO. Plus it looks more like adventure/endure type. On the other hand Tracer has 100 more cc smile.png and it has got Yamaha logo on it. Triumph sucks Yamaha fxxks smile.png

tracer does not look like a sport touring bike either and looks are subjective.

i mean there is yamaha logo on it so do my neighbours mio scooter.

on the oher hand, triumph has better shocks, electronics, brakes etc and it is a tested and proven bike for years, let say it is a class above bike and it is 3000 usd more expensive than tracer elsewhere but here same price.

Triumph Tiger is very ugly and old fashion looking bike IMO. Plus it looks more like adventure/endure type. On the other hand Tracer has 100 more cc smile.png and it has got Yamaha logo on it. Triumph sucks Yamaha fxxks smile.png

tracer does not look like a sport touring bike either and looks are subjective.

i mean there is yamaha logo on it so do my neighbours mio scooter.

on the oher hand, triumph has better shocks, electronics, brakes etc and it is a tested and proven bike for years, let say it is a class above bike and it is 3000 usd more expensive than tracer elsewhere but here same price.

+1

Well.. As said, horn advances ear. Triumph's era has passed. Now, it s time for Japanese bikes to rise..

:)

They said that 40 years ago and they were right.

1 in every 5 bikes sold over the last year in UK has been a Triumph. I hope the trend continues, we will see.

Durability, quality, design, competition success.. No need to be an expert.. Although I might even end up buying Triumph some day if there is any good looking model for my need, this doesnt still change its lower rank..

Durability, quality, design, competition success.. No need to be an expert.. Although I might even end up buying Triumph some day if there is any good looking model for my need, this doesnt still change its lower rank..

haha. ozgur, i know you like Yamaha.

And if you like it, you can choose it over a Triumph or any other bike, no problems.

It is your tastes and choices at the end but it is just not a better bike than Triumph tiger realistically speaking.

Actually it is better bike than Tiger. My personal taste has nothing to do with the reality.

What basically makes people think Triumph is better bike is that it might have existed for a long while or a British brand. Who knows!

Do you know any winner team in MotoGP or Dakar Rally with Triumph? No.. The answer is simple; it comes to being strong and durable under heavy conditions.

Triumph is nostalgia now :)

As I said, its era has passed and still getting credit out of its name and long term existance but no credit for quality & durability.

As you said, everybody has their own personal opinion. This is mine. I still like to see Triumph or any other brands and models on the street. Variety is always good.