No water again in parts of East Pattaya

flyingsaucersarereal

I am going to buy a water pump because this is getting unbearable.

Wouldn't waste money on a waterpump, because as the word says, you need water for that.

That's why you have a tank, unless you live in a condo, then it's tough titty.

We have had supply problems with our water supply and in most recent times it was because the supply pipes on Soi Siam CC were being busted by careless digger drivers on the many new constructions going on in the area of the road.

However we were told earlier today that at 9 0pm we will not be able to get any water, this innformation apparently was for those who live on SSCC road and the crocodile farm area .

It hasn't gone off yet though and its just past 9 0pm

Meanwhile, more condos going up all over to strain supply even more. "EIA" approved.... haha.. right. Only hope is that those condos remain empty unless you wish to bathe in the sea, which leads to all sorts of health problems too... oh, and don't even bring up toilets....

We have had supply problems with our water supply and in most recent times it was because the supply pipes on Soi Siam CC were being busted by careless digger drivers on the many new constructions going on in the area of the road.

However we were told earlier today that at 9 0pm we will not be able to get any water, this innformation apparently was for those who live on SSCC road and the crocodile farm area .

It hasn't gone off yet though and its just past 9 0pm

When I lived near Soi Siam CC the water was off loads of times.

Not only problems caused as you say, but the street I lived on had line bursts frequently, and poor repairs seemed to last just for a short spell.

OP...a pump alone is not sufficient. If you live in East Pattaya I am guessing in a house (not a condo/flat), then you need to have a storage tank feeding the pump. Not only will you be able to store the water from when it is available, you can have a tanker delivery when you do actually run out.

If living in a 'village' you are also at their mercy.

I live North of town, my water goes off often, mostly for short spells. The tank stops me running out, providing I do not absent mindedly water the garden while the incoming supply is off.

Edited by jacko45k

Look at all the new condos being built in Jomtien, Na Jomtien, and Bang Sarey and you will have your answer of where your water is.

Is the water company going to service you or are they going to service the huge condos that all now need water

Welcome to the world of being a little fish in a sea of big fish

• Like 2

With the rouble worth less than half what it was six months ago and the Euro also likely to slump if the ECB announces a major QE programme as expected many of the new condos are likely to stay empty for quite some time.

We got sick of our water supply being interrupted, as the O.P. says sometimes for 2 or 3 days. Often when it was switched back on the water would run brown for ages.

We decided to have a bore hole drilled, it feeds a couple of storage tanks, which in turn feed the house. We also installed a water filter system to make sure the water was clean.

It has now been at least 2 years since we did this and we have never used government water since. The only down side is that we have seen a faster build up of limescale in the toilets and around the taps and shower fittings, however, overall we are much happier than before.

• Like 2

If you mean East as in the Darkside, then I know exactly how you feel because I went through it for years and years. This is the problem of the Nongprue Muni..and the Water Dept.. located just off the railroad tracks. . I'm sure there are worse district but this Muni,,, is lace with incompetent and corruption from top to bottom. They will turn the water off for any kind of reasons, a little broken pipe etc... or even a hair up their butts... and then lie about it.

I wrote about it and presented it to Pattaya Mail ( Baywatch ) The Mail actually to their credit investigated and came back with a story from Nongprue which was a big lie. I provided picture etc... they finally cop to the lie and actually fixed the problem after years and years of shutting down the water. Meantime I too had it! Purchased two 1250 L tanks with a large pump just to make sure I'm comfortable.

If it is Nongprue Muni,, you look at all the projects they take on.. like the roadwork on Nernpludwan, Soi Kho Noi, Siam country, all screw up. Place drains in wrong location, dig up roads and put drains in and then never come back to resurface the road.. This department is a joke but as long as you got a relative working there you go a job and security even if you know nothing about fixing things!

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 2

A mate rents a house behind the Dao Cafe, He flew back to Australia yesterday leaving his Thai girlfriend in the place. So we met yesterday at his place for a drink . He mentioned about water outages and I asked him if he had a tank. He didn't know so we went for a walk out the back, There is a tank plumbed into the house next door but the pump is on his side of the fence AND wired into his electricity. So he disconnected it. Going to be a very upset neighbour who had better arrange a new pump or rig up a power source.

Our mains water supply went off again.

No real problem as we have a tank.

But out side our gate wearer is running day and night.

We have reported it several times but when they come out they say it's not there leak.

Well when the mains water goes off the water leak stops.

It's not rocket science but they have a problem understanding !!!.

Yes this a third world nation.

Over 5 years now, just think how much water has been lost.

Well, you are living in a third world country. What did you expect?

I always kept a number of the big water bottles on hand. They're only 12 baht, you know.

How many does it take for a shower?

None.

That's why Thais keep trash cans in their bathrooms.

I always kept a number of the big water bottles on hand. They're only 12 baht, you know.

None.

I'm a falang, I'll settle for a tank and a pump.

Our mains water supply went off again.

No real problem as we have a tank.

But out side our gate wearer is running day and night.

We have reported it several times but when they come out they say it's not there leak.

Well when the mains water goes off the water leak stops.

It's not rocket science but they have a problem understanding !!!.

Yes this a third world nation.

Over 5 years now, just think how much water has been lost.

It is possible for the city water pressure to drop so low and that if not correctly plumbed in, the customers own pump will suck air through the inlet which will spin the meter. This will result in higher monthly water bills despite using less city water.

Next time the city water is off, make sure that you isolate it completely.

None.

I'm a falang, I'll settle for a tank and a pump.

That's nice. But the OP is on city water.

That's nice. But the OP is on city water.

So am I. Not sure what that has to do with having a tank and a pump. If he's in a condo obviously that's not possible, but he doesn't say that, does he?

Edited by giddyup

A mate rents a house behind the Dao Cafe, He flew back to Australia yesterday leaving his Thai girlfriend in the place. So we met yesterday at his place for a drink . He mentioned about water outages and I asked him if he had a tank. He didn't know so we went for a walk out the back, There is a tank plumbed into the house next door but the pump is on his side of the fence AND wired into his electricity. So he disconnected it. Going to be a very upset neighbour who had better arrange a new pump or rig up a power source.

deleted post

I would be interested to know if the landlord told him he had to pay the electricity for the neighbours water pump.

Well the waters back on again, its not normally off for too long

One thing I cannot fathom or understand is just why the water pressure varies so blooming much

Sometimes its not better than a trickle and at other times its like a raging pressure washer out of control.