East Pattaya Municipal Officers rewarded for return of lost purse

webfact

East Pattaya Municipal Officers rewarded for return of lost purse

purse-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Two Municipal Security Officers received thanks from a member of the Nongprue Community on Wednesday after they found her purse at an East Pattaya Market and used their detective skills to return the lost purse containing money and bank cards to its rightful owner.

At the Nongprue Municipal Offices, Khun Mai, the Mayor of Nongprue and his Deputy witnessed the return of the purse and its contents to Khun Ornpaweena, who dropped her purse at a Market located at the Mitkramon junction in Nongprue.

The two officers spotted the purse and discovered it contained a lot of money and important bank cards and other items, including an Index Members Card. The pair went to the Index store and were given contact details for the woman who was later reunited with the purse.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/166628/east-pattaya-municipal-officers-rewarded-for-return-of-lost-purse/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-01-23

See? Thai officials can do good things too, most of them are good people.

most or some - the Police I took a bank card, licence and cash to, kept the money.

I know this as I kept some of the cash and told the Police to tell the Thai man to call, as we would have something for him.

One year later still no call.

See? Thai officials can do good things too, most of them are good people.

most or some - the Police I took a bank card, licence and cash to, kept the money.

I know this as I kept some of the cash and told the Police to tell the Thai man to call, as we would have something for him.

One year later still no call.

The licence would have had an address on it, why don't you arrange to get the money back to the owner, what you did was theft.

One in a million.

B.S. Your way off track or your not associating with the right people. A few years back, my camera fell out from the drivers side door and laid on the ground next to the car as I got out and went for a coffee break up on Hwy 33, close to the boarder. A young soldier picked up the camera , asked around and was told the car belonged to the farang, me. He came over to where I was sitting with my wife and said in broken English " think yours" I looked up in surprise and said thanks, thanks very much. He didn't wait around for a tip or anything else, he just nodded and left the coffee shop, hopped into the back of the army truck and they drove away. I've been coming here for a few years now and have met many, many honest hard working Thais. I'm not saying there aren't scammers here, they're all over the world, you just need to do what you can to avoid them, sometimes your not always successful.

• Like 1

It is one thing, and a good thing, to have lost items returned to you, and the occurrence getting highly publicised.

Another to having them ripped off your neck or shoulder, picked from your pocket or extorted from you and the matter being less publicized.

But I actually think we are heading in a good direction.