Most military officers voted against the former PM Yingluck

webfact

"The majority who voted against Yingluck are mostly military officers who were installed by the junta." Hmmmmm could they have voted any other way. blink.png This whole impeachment rubbish is farcical. It would be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous. Yawn...

excuse me

they did vote the other way on 2 out of 3 times

Oh sorry I was not meant to mention this

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I see on the other thread the yellow dem junta cheerleaders are salivating and drooling over every headline about Yinglucks inevitable impeachment by a military regime which has taken the the country via force and placed it's stooges in key positions to do the bidding of the puppet master.

It's nothing more than a kangaroo court and the head of this kangaroo court has truly shown his yellow colours by his open bias to the Shinawatra family.

It's not only a sad day for democracy it's a sad day to see the minority yellow supporters on here actually believing she got a fair go.

You guys and the junta deserve each other .

Absolutely shameful decision and should be condemned and not recognised worldwide !

Your totally wrong - it's a great day for democracy.

ah man ah man ah man

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

you are a hoot.

military intervention by general against the government

general hand-pick NLA makes him 'PM' in addition to Junta chief

Martial law for 8 months and counting

his hand-picked NLA packed with other generals impeaches former PM

and for you it is a great day for democracy.

Sorry, lunch just came back up...

• Like 2

The generals yellow colours are there for all to see.

Democracy won't be seen in this country for a long time. The military are giving up nothing.

It is quite simple really. If you break a law and the law changes in the time before you are caught you are still guilty of committing that crime and of violating that law. The same rule of law applies here.

Please explain how you can be impeached under a constitution that does not exist anymore from a position she no longer holds ?

Oh sorry you can if you bends the laws - install a military council and tell them how to vote - and impose martial law on a country for nearly 9 months. Then of course you can do whatever you want.

You are following the Shin argument. Look for some way to discredit the process as actually we have no defense because she was negligent.

Impeachment is a Western word with a specific meaning. I'm not sure if that's the right word for translating the Thai word or the the meanings are exactly the same.

Here, whatever the word, it seems that an action for punishment can be instigated even after the accused has left office. If the vote is for impeachment then a 5 year ban can be imposed. This is what happened to Yingluck.

This is Thailand, under Thai law, which seems to have more experts, academics, judges, lawyers and politicians who all agree to disagree on what the laws actually are or were meant to be. Now we have the barrack room lawyer TVF posters interpreting them however they want to to support their arguments.

come on, even the Thai press says that they impeached her after she left office just to impose the 5 year ban.

it's not about logic. Don't try to make it logical.

it's just about politics. Guilty or not, she was going to get impeach - unless the current 'PM' said otherwise.

• Like 1

This is not about Red or Yellow - this is about right or wrong, and the rule of law.

What rule of law - the armies ?

And how can a person not in political office be impeached?

The generals yellow colours are there for all to see.

Democracy won't be seen in this country for a long time. The military are giving up nothing.

Your comments make me feel you have not been in Thailand long

This is Thailand my friend

and Like the old saying

when in Rome, you need to do what the Roman's do

I think you'll find a lot of your Romans voted for Yingluk.

I think that you will find a lot more did not.

One slightly odd aspect of the puppet assembly's vote is the arithmetic.Overall the NLA voting breaks down as follows 100+ army goons plus 90 crazies from the Democrat Party,PAD and other assorted fascists.We know the order went out to convict Yingluck despite the illegality of the process and lack of evidence - so it's a bit mysterious why the other 2 accused were acquitted.Any sensible person (farang reactionaries don't bother responding) care to comment?

• Like 2

What a stupid headline. 190 voted against her and only 38 voted for her. That means almost everyone voted against her not only military. They go on the say an additional 40 senators that are her enemies voted against her.

Voting against her had nothing to do with being an enemy, military or anything other than these people are trying to do the right thing. She was inept, and corrupt and she over played her hand (or her brothers overplayed his hand as he always does). Now it is time to pay the piper.

The 38 that voted for her escaped impeachment. No biased voting there I guess? They all deserve what is coming to them. I just hope they get it (not likely).

Starting to think this karma think is a bunch of crap.

One slightly odd aspect of the puppet assembly's vote is the arithmetic.Overall the NLA voting breaks down as follows 100+ army goons plus 90 crazies from the Democrat Party,PAD and other assorted fascists.We know the order went out to convict Yingluck despite the illegality of the process and lack of evidence - so it's a bit mysterious why the other 2 accused were acquitted.Any sensible person (farang reactionaries don't bother responding) care to comment?

I think, as has been pointed out elsewhere, even the Junta could understand the implications of impeaching elected representatives for attempting to introduce reforms intended to make the senate more representative (elected). They were let off.

Minfd you, the hardcore NACC are still pressing for all those who voted for those proposals to be impeached! Remains to be seen if they get their way.

In Yinglucks case, she had to be impeached. She remains the focuss for opposition, so had to be removed feom the political scene. It will be interesting if the hardliners prevail, and have her physically removed (jail or exile).

Isn't it called "realpolitik"?

I wonder what all those northern and Issan conscripts are thinking right now? Could it be something like "will the word come down in a week or a month to turn our guns on the generals and restored demarcracy". A civil war could very well be on the way.

• Like 1

But of course. Not for a moment would they be considering their careers and future incomes - their decision was doubtlessly purely altruistic.

This was well scripted and choreographed. Those that voted yes will move up the ladder the others well brave lads that they were oops sorry the ones that voted no were not military. I hope they do not in the future come up in someones cross hairs either that or they were part of the we cannot have 100% yes vote participation that would look like a set up

This is not about Red or Yellow - this is about right or wrong, and the rule of law.

You must be joking, a stacked jury and martial law. It is completely undignified and an abomination of the rule of law. Its shameful.

Your opinion

Many here disagree with your opinion

Some people love to re write history

before the Junta it was always the Butlers Fault

I wonder what all those northern and Issan conscripts are thinking right now? Could it be something like "will the word come down in a week or a month to turn our guns on the generals and restored demarcracy". A civil war could very well be on the way.

I doubt that will happen. However I'm sure that the Generals are aware of where the Northern and Issan conscripts loyalties will rest if they are ordered to turn their guns on their own people.

Ever wandered why the Bangko Garrison is made up for the most part from regular troops?

People serving in the armed forces are part of the society and people will vote for who ever they like it's their constitutional right.

What constitution?

As for rights, the only civil rights the rank and file currently possess, is the right to do as they are told.

• Like 1

This was the correct decision, even blind Freddy and his seeing eye dog could see the rice scam was designed by Thaksin and implemented by Yingluck to financially compensate Thaksin and his supporter at a massive cost to the Thai economy.

Now the real test will be if they have the bottle to lay criminal charges.

I see on the other thread the yellow dem junta cheerleaders are salivating and drooling over every headline about Yinglucks inevitable impeachment by a military regime which has taken the the country via force and placed it's stooges in key positions to do the bidding of the puppet master.

It's nothing more than a kangaroo court and the head of this kangaroo court has truly shown his yellow colours by his open bias to the Shinawatra family.

It's not only a sad day for democracy it's a sad day to see the minority yellow supporters on here actually believing she got a fair go.

Absolutely shameful decision and should be condemned and not recognised worldwide !

Why do you persist in trying to defend the indefensible.

This not a question of Reds against Yellows. It is a question of banning an incompetent, inept and corrupt politician from from further doing harm to the country. The Red shirts may not like that their figure head has been removed but her support from the poor farmers has certainly dwindled.

I defy you to show me just one poor farmer that is now better off from her rice scheme. The poor farmer is today further in debt, had to borrow money to feed their families because they were not paid what she had promised with 19 committing suicide and who left the country with an enormous debt. The decision was the only decision possible. I just hope it sends out a warning to other politicians (red and yellow or any other colour) that this is what will happen if you dont to your job properly.

For a thinking and intelligent person she is not an individual to be praised, revered and admired. I have absolutely no sympathy for her and i am not a yellow shirt.

What utter rubbish. I live in Isaan (note the spelling) and most people i talk to are happy with the junta as it has removed the violence and the perpetually living in fear as when the redshirts were threatening peace. Yes they want help and support that will help their economy however they didnt get this from the crab and most feel indifferent towards her for her failure to deliver. If you disagree with that then just show me one, just one, poor farmer that is better off today because of her politics. The poor farmers gained nothing.

Comments are just guesses - naturally. smile.png

Given that it took 8 months with many starts and stops to the NACC / NLA process to impeach Yingluck, there seems to have been a significant political calculation in this and the other impeachment.

With good reason. Impeaching Yingluck, and now, apparently convicting Yingluck, will carry a significant risk of making her a martyr, or revealing the bias of the current 'government' or rallying support for her / against the current 'government' or all of these...

Of course there are some in the royalist camp who don't care and nothing less than impeachment (plus conviction) will be good enough.

IMO, the bottom line is that they "had no choice" but to impeach (and soon convict) Yingluck, but (assuming that they are thinking and at least a bit strategic) they want to appear to be even-handed, just, and not only out for vengeance - if only in order to reduce potential backlash. For this reason the others were not impeached.

Edited by tbthailand
  • Like 1

Given that it took 8 months with many starts and stops to the NACC / NLA process to impeach Yingluck, there seems to have been a significant political calculation in this and the other impeachment.

With good reason. Impeaching Yingluck, and now, apparently convicting Yingluck, will carry a significant risk of making her a martyr, or revealing the bias of the current 'government' or rallying support for her / against the current 'government' or all of these...

Of course there are some in the royalist camp who don't care and nothing less than impeachment (plus conviction) will be good enough.

IMO, the bottom line is that they "had no choice" but to impeach (and soon convict) Yingluck, but (assuming that they are thinking and at least a bit strategic) they want to appear to be even-handed, just, and not only out for vengeance - if only in order to reduce potential backlash. For this reason the others were not impeached.

yup and all of this has been a lesson for me too (never to old to learn) I now understand how juntas and dictators sway the masses, before i just could not understand it.

Now I see farangs, who are born and have their careers in democracies, defending a military junta. I'm beginning to understand that old Goebbels knew a thing or two and that people really can be that gullible.

• Like 2

yl was the pm and also head of the rice scheme, as such she was the one that had the responsibility to either let it continue or to stop it when the ptp were shown that it was extremely corrupt, rice disappearing, rice from outside Thailand coming in,fake GTG deals etc. Instead of stopping it she denied it was happening, they claimed that there was no corruption and that there was nothing amiss, this is why she is being charged, she neglected her duty as pm to stop it when she was presented the facts then went on to deny there was anything wrong with it. Admittedly she is a sandwich short of a picnic and her ministers simply bamboozled her but she still should have stopped it and she didnt. As pm she had a responsibility to Thailand and not her party or brother but she ignored this totally, that is why she was impeached and that is why she is being charged, she participated in a corrupt scheme by not stopping it or using her powers as pm to end it. Doesnt matter how much everyone wants to argue these facts cannot be denied, what wew are getting are the colours/apologists in here trying to twist the truth and it will not hold water, even the most ardent red cannot deny she failed in her job as pm to stop the rorting of the rice scheme. As for the banks not giving her the money, they couldnt as the thai laws stopped them from giving money to a temporary body, also she was supposed to organize it before she quit as pm even though she had constantly stated that they had the money to pay and the farmers but never did, The facts are all there for people to see without using innuendo and simply party bullsh*t.

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Your totally wrong - it's a great day for democracy.

Wrong. It would have been a great day for democracy had this happened in a democratic environment. Under the current circumstances, its a terrible day for democracy.

Its a shame so many on here cannot see this.

• Like 1

yup and all of this has been a lesson for me too (never to old to learn) I now understand how juntas and dictators sway the masses, before i just could not understand it.

Now I see farangs, who are born and have their careers in democracies, defending a military junta. I'm beginning to understand that old Goebbels knew a thing or two and that people really can be that gullible.

Indeed yes, the ghost of Goebbels must be chucklung over some of the stuff on here!