Hooters opening in Pattaya!

MZurf

The location of Hooters is also in the wrong area. The families I know (Australian, British, and American) try to stay away from the area, North Pattaya down to Central area is not a problem for them...so the investors of Hooters should have done some research of a good location for the clientele they are seeking. (of course the property in this area is very inflated). If I had the bucks, I would have moved it next to where the new open bars are before the police station (which is before Central Festival shopping center). That would be seen by all the families going to Central by car on weekends.

The location of Hooters is also in the wrong area. The families I know (Australian, British, and American) try to stay away from the area, North Pattaya down to Central area is not a problem for them...so the investors of Hooters should have done some research of a good location for the clientele they are seeking. (of course the property in this area is very inflated). If I had the bucks, I would have moved it next to where the new open bars are before the police station (which is before Central Festival shopping center). That would be seen by all the families going to Central by car on weekends.

Since when was Hooters considered a family friendly venue?

It is squarely aimed at men with a bit of sleaze factor involved.

I don't even see it as sleazy….just a pathetic excuse of a place where you get all fluffed up and can't do a damn thing about it.

Boring as hell.

• Like 1

Pay attention. Hooters rebranded as a family restaurant.

Correct - as they have a children's menu after all. In the US they are most popular in the rural southeast small town areas. In those places there are less dining options and Hooters is considered mainstream. Google redneck to see their basic cliental set.

More cheesy than titillating I am afraid, and mid-level quality and value abounds, but to each their own.

SL

Edited by SunLover2

Bad location? The Hopf Brew House is right next door, a c*nt of place to get parking yet it is chock a block nightly with Thais and tourists! Hooters in Pattaya hasn't been built with the resident farang family in mind.

According to earlier posts, there are 2 large, airconditioned restaurants that closed at Central. The locals that go there park, window shop, hit the food court, go walkabout and bugger off.

Edited by NanLaew

I don't even see it as sleazy….just a pathetic excuse of a place where you get all fluffed up and can't do a damn thing about it.

Boring as hell.

Excuse for what? Why get worked up over a place you never want to visit? Don't you have enough aggravation in your life so you have to invent things to get all hot and bothered about?? Edited by MZurf
  • Like 2

Boring as hell.

Used to go to Hooters on Kirby with my buddies maybe a couple of times a month when I lived in Houston. Great wings, pleasant ambiance, pretty girls and great for televised sports events.

Can't recall going there to get or be 'fluffed up' though.

For that, we went to Treasures (in the Library) on Saturday nights.

Good point!

It's great news actually.

The bozos that would actually eat there will be off the streets, at least for awhile.

Rejoice!

As someone who says he has never ever and would never ever go there, why do you call those that do bozos?

It's just a <deleted>' themed restuarant after all, no fluffing, no pretense, no hidden agenda.

I don't even see it as sleazy.just a pathetic excuse of a place where you get all fluffed up and can't do a damn thing about it.

Boring as hell.

Used to go to Hooters on Kirby with my buddies maybe a couple of times a month when I lived in Houston. Great wings, pleasant ambiance, pretty girls and great for televised sports events.

The point is, all you can do there really is ogle at girls...in pattaya u can do that anywhere, altho hooters will have a better selection....but its looking only.....and the food is rubbish.

I love to criticise shit places.

I don't even see it as sleazy.just a pathetic excuse of a place where you get all fluffed up and can't do a damn thing about it.

Boring as hell.

The point is, all you can do there really is ogle at girls...in pattaya u can do that anywhere, altho hooters will have a better selection....but its looking only.....and the food is rubbish.

And that's why your posts are SO interesting.

Boring as hell.

Sounds like u got shares in hooters bud....youre the one inventing stuff to get steamed up about....this thread is abt views on hooters opening in pattaya.

attachicon.gifHooters_Slide710x410_20140925-02.jpg

10 chicken wings for 399 Baht sounds like it will be giving Pattayas

Cheap Charlies a heart attack..

There will be nothing cheap about Hooters prices...

For that 399b you can barfine her look-alike from soi 7/8. I mean really...aren't they supposed to be lookers?

399b should get you a barfine plus a sangsom coke….plus it will be a bigger hoot, for sure.

Hooters in Pattaya will just be a tourist trap , you won't find any expats as regular customers in there when they open. With all the cheap entertainment and girls in Pattaya , there's no need for Hooters.

Perfect location for a tourist trap. They will do great.

I have doubts. The families used to be Russians, but that invasion (thankfully) seems to have receded. There are but a few westeners, no counting the expats. Chinese go where they're herded to. Who's the target audience?

It's wishful thinking, I know. I like to think Pattaya may be returning to it's glorious seedy past with the turmoil going on in the world. There's always hope.

• Like 1

Who's the target audience?

I can't see any non-redneck american feller popping in there….many will enter just for the novelty….and then never return…..eventually it will become an indian hangout….to share one beer among six as they wait for a bargain to appear on beach road.

At best it might become a landmark to meet freelancers….."i see you outside hooter, lilac".

Sounds like u got shares in hooters bud....youre the one inventing stuff to get steamed up about....this thread is abt views on hooters opening in pattaya.

You misunderstand, it takes a lot more to get me steamed up. Not even Hooters does that to me! But you have a point, I started this thread before knowing that Hooters would open here and opinions on the fact that they actually are is of course relevant to the thread.

It's just that some people seem to enjoy slagging anything and everything ("I love to criticise shit places.").

Anyway, It's going to be interesting to see the place once it opens, and that's probably the only time I will go. Having lived in Pattaya for over two decades I must admit I have become a bit jaded.

• Like 1