Hooters opening in Pattaya!

MZurf

People will pay. Watch and see the Hooters.

You can pay and watch the hooters at Happy A go Go for 69 baht 1 Tiger Draft. I know where I'd rather be.

So what? You don't get it. They serve a different market than you.

Hooters isn't trying to compete with raunchy bars. Hooters is basically a family friendly theme restaurant. The theme is Hooters. If you just want a beer to gawk yes that is poor value.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

People will pay. Watch and see the Hooters.

You can pay and watch the hooters at Happy A go Go for 69 baht 1 Tiger Draft. I know where I'd rather be.

So what? You don't get it. They serve a different market than you.

Hooters isn't trying to compete with raunchy bars. Hooters is basically a family friendly theme restaurant. The theme is Hooters. If you just want a beer to gawk yes that is poor value.

You got that part right, I got no interest in overpriced American themed family restaurants, none whatsoever. Who do you think will spend big money in there? Chinese or Indian tourists? (you know the ones with families?) Good luck with that, it will end up being patronized by American expats that would for some reason find it good value to spend 233 baht for a draft beer. Up to you but I avoid all these types of places.

• Like 2

Thier franchise is a joke too.

How long it would take to get that back?

And is it make enough monthly to pay thier fees?

Budget for the initial investment of a Hooters franchise, which comes to about $800,000 to $1.5 million for each restaurant, with a franchise fee of $75,000 for each location and an option fee of $15,000 for each additional restaurant within a territory.

I find it so humorous that people on this thread seem happy that they think Hooters will fail. The cheap Charlie's of the world truly are unique. They can't seem to separate money from any equation, and in general are displeased with others spending and having a good time.

It has been explained many times that there are cheaper options in pattaya for entertainment. The people who go hooters will not be seeking cheap entertainment. They will be there for some food and attractive waitresses to serve them in a relaxed environment. Unlike the hundreds of bars, gogo's, and other restaurants, this is something UNIQUE. Will it succeed? Who knows, but I'm happy to see something new and different in pattaya to chose from.

Latest I heard from a girl who interviewed this week there was that they plan on opening in November.

There are franchises and there are franchises and Hooters is really just too tacky for words.

Sorry for the poor mugs who front up the franchise money for this outdated 70s themed US centric style place.

If only they had a good burger franchise or Mexican or a Nandos chicken that would be much more appealing.

There are franchises and there are franchises and Hooters is really just too tacky for words.

Sorry for the poor mugs who front up the franchise money for this outdated 70s themed US centric style place.

If only they had a good burger franchise or Mexican or a Nandos chicken that would be much more appealing.

Isn't Peri Peri Chicken the Asian version of Nandos?

In any case Hooters will have sexy waitresses with large breasts.

Isn't Peri Peri Chicken the Asian version of Nandos?

In any case Hooters will have sexy waitresses with large breasts.

I used to walk past the Hooters in Singapore when I was working there a couple of years back and the waitresses really didn't look that sexy and there wasn't any thing much on display.

I think they were mainly Pinoys but I never felt tempted to go in.

Appealing to you and I. They don't need to appeal to all. This will be a great semi naughty one off for tourists.

Appealing to you and I. They don't need to appeal to all. This will be a great semi naughty one off for tourists.
That was the thinking in Manila as well

Sent from my LG g3

Sent from my LG g3

Same in Phuket.

Average girls

They use lookers for promos, but not in resteurant.

http://www.facebook.com/hootersphuket

Edited by BeefSlapper

Sent from my LG g3

Same in Phuket.

Average girls

Good looking gals have a lot more options than Hooters especially in Pattaya.

Latest I heard from a girl who interviewed this week there was that they plan on opening in November.

Considering that's only 7 weeks away they better get started. I walked past there yesterday, it is just a flat plot of muddy soil right now, no building has started yet.

• Like 1

Considering that's only 7 weeks away they better get started. I walked past there yesterday, it is just a flat plot of muddy soil right now, no building has started yet.

Yes I don't think they will open then either...maybe by Christmas.

Sent from my LG g3
Same in Phuket.
Average girls

Some girls don't fancy prostitution.
  • Like 1

Yep and being a Hooters Girl is respectable!

They try to be. I dated a stripper in the US who moonlighted at a Hooters outlet. They have a management policy supposed to prevent strippers getting hired but some branch managers turned a blind eye.

As remarked earlier, they have 'pretties' for promotional and openings but the waitresses will still be easier on the eye than most other burger joints. You pays your money and takes your choices and Jt is right, there's a new demographic with the Indians and Chinese with money that will lap this sh!t up.

Talking of 'pretties', did anyone else catch sight of the 'Osaka Cake' girl at Big C Extra about a month back? I was chatting away with her, licking my eyebrows and seriously contemplating a trip to the amphur to get a divorce. Luckily my son chipped up with, "Can we buy some of these for mummy?"

Sent from my LG g3
Same in Phuket.
Average girls

And you know this because you are a good looking girl in pattaya?

attachicon.gifHooters_Slide710x410_20140925-02.jpg

10 chicken wings for 399 Baht sounds like it will be giving Pattayas

Cheap Charlies a heart attack..

There will be nothing cheap about Hooters prices...

Many place I could go, and get two legs ..for that price....and I am not talking about chicken.

Prices do vary. 10 wings Hooters Nottingham, UK £8.49. Mobile, Alabama $7.99(Been to that one there actually) . Clarke Quay, Singapore SGD $14.90. Still less than 390 Baht in freaking' Singapore! The unbridled greed becomes more unbelievable by the day. This business will fail, in my opinion. Initially there will be interest in the gals and the novelty but once all find they are just average and the food is naff attendance will quickly fall off.

Edited by arunsakda
  • Like 2

attachicon.gifHooters_Slide710x410_20140925-02.jpg

10 chicken wings for 399 Baht sounds like it will be giving Pattayas

Cheap Charlies a heart attack..

There will be nothing cheap about Hooters prices...

Many place I could go, and get two legs ..for that price....and I am not talking about chicken.

Prices do vary. 10 wings Hooters Nottingham, UK £8.49. Mobile, Alabama $7.99(Been to that one there actually) . Clarke Quay, Singapore SGD $14.90. Still less than 390 Baht in freaking' Singapore! The unbridled greed becomes more unbelievable by the day. This business will fail, in my opinion. Initially there will be interest in the gals and the novelty but once all find they are just average and the food is naff attendance will quickly fall off.

USD $9.99 in Sugar Land, TX. We went there on occasion but Buffalo Wild Wings, Wing Stop etc had better wings in that area. That said we'll give Hooters a try next visit to BKK.