Tottenham Thread

chonabot

yeah maybe , but imagine it , red card and part of the 'punishment' they would have to do LIVE on tv having the fuckin dimwits explain to the paying public why they were deprived of their input, tv boys would love it, real post match drama, LOL and i wouldn't bet against audiences increasing and or a few more tempers or tantrums being curbed clap2.gif

I know i keep harping on about it, but if only we had a decent centre forward, sometimes its like playing with 10 men, stats : 1 shot, 15 passes, 1 mistake that led to the goal <deleted>.

Agreed.

I wish you would reread my posts of several months ago, Alfie, where you continued to lambast me over my opinion that your tight wad owner would cost you a Champions League place. Had he paid money in the transfer window, you would already be a few points better off, instead of sweating. I still believe, because your squad is relatively small, that there will be an implosion, and you will miss automatic qualification by 1 or 2 points.

Yeah. You Spurs fans did give my mate jack an hard time when he said that. You got all defensive and told him to get off your thread tongue.png

In fairness i believe Jack was barking on about this before we sold Modric and a few others. We were saying we didn't have the cash. We changed our minds about Levy when he banked 40m and basically kept it all. I still think Jack was wrong at the time because he was suggesting we spent money we didn't have

I noticed the Sky interviewer trying to get a rise out of Suarez with "Was it a penalty?".

that would be geoff shreeves. an <deleted> of monumental proportions.

I knew Geoff Shreeves about 25 years years ago, not as friends but knew him well and believe me he really is a total and utter tool. Gobby, full of it and a thoroughly unpleasant pri*k.

• Like 1

I noticed the Sky interviewer trying to get a rise out of Suarez with "Was it a penalty?".

And This aint a dig at just Suarez but 'Was it a penalty?' Cant see whats wrong with asking that tbh, lets get it into perspective, if caught 'diving' or what ever, what do they get? a yellow, absolutely no biggie!!! and if they get away with it and a pens or what evers awarded they're a hero and pats all around in the dressing room,all in all more or less next day all forgotten. nah, h if players were asked a bit more publicly, and visibly made accountable they might, they just might think twice about the next time they think bout, i hesitate 2 call it cheating, but, you get my drift.

I'd ask the question if it was in any way a controversial decision. But it wasn't.

You are never going to get away with a clumsy challenge like that in the box. Penalty all day long

And This aint a dig at just Suarez but 'Was it a penalty?' Cant see whats wrong with asking that tbh, lets get it into perspective, if caught 'diving' or what ever, what do they get? a yellow, absolutely no biggie!!! and if they get away with it and a pens or what evers awarded they're a hero and pats all around in the dressing room,all in all more or less next day all forgotten. nah, h if players were asked a bit more publicly, and visibly made accountable they might, they just might think twice about the next time they think bout, i hesitate 2 call it cheating, but, you get my drift.

a] it was about as stonewall a penalty as you will ever see, b] if it was any other liverpool player the question wouldn't have been asked and c] geoff shreeves is a massive, controversy-seeking, shit-stirring, sky sports shill of an <deleted>.

• Like 1

a] it was about as stonewall a penalty as you will ever see, b] if it was any other liverpool player the question wouldn't have been asked and c] geoff shreeves is a massive, controversy-seeking, shit-stirring, sky sports shill of an <deleted>.

the very first comment I made was 'this wasnt a dig at suerez', and i never intended to debate whether it was a penalty or not, it was given, end of , But, Like bale suarez has built himself a reputation 4 looking for fouls and penalties, you don't like shreeves LOL so i presume it would be ok for someone else to raise the issue , but my point really was how can this unfortunate element of the game be stopped or reeled in, the current regimes ideas aint exactly putting players off, making him or who ever caught sent off, yellowed, what ever, publicly accountable could help that's all, and might be a touch entertaining on the way. coffee1.gif

Worth mentioning that I have seen yellows given for diving in the box when it should have gone the other way, too.

Let's have the refs talking the TV pundits through their decisions as well. In fact let's put sports cams on them so the TV viewers can see what they see when such a decision is made.

Might take the heat off them (and/or get rid of some of the really inept ones). And let's mike them up as well so they can issue straight reds for foul and abusive language like they are supposed to.

Edited by Chicog

Weird one tonight, hopefully we wont suffer the same sort of 'mind set' that seemed to subliminally 'hinder' munich last night, it was almost like 'oh were there no worries ' fair play to the arse wipes for nearly taking advantage/exploiting it, dont tell em that thoughbiggrin.png esp not chic, wouldn't like him to get the wrong impressionrolleyes.gif , 4 me bm almost fitted what this recent article was getting at. imo a thoughtful. interesting 'almost' original article.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/mar/13/the-question-football-away-goals

Anyway, always a big night/occasion is a visit to the san siro,would be good to keep up our record of scoring 3 against them!!!!and give the not so long ago European crushing treble winners a spanking at home!!!! shame i'm on a plane and probably will miss the game, oh well, biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Edited by rijit

Worth mentioning that I have seen yellows given for diving in the box when it should have gone the other way, too.

Absolutely!

I have also seen players given a yellow card, when the replay definitely shows contact. Sometimes the player going down makes a meal of it, so the ref assumes it's a dive. I think this whole diving and carding business has gone too far and it should just revert back to as it was originally.......a foul or not, keep it simple......you win some you lose some.

An abs disgraceful performance of everyone except Vertonghen and Dembele. They came into this game not trying to score, and giving 50%. I rate this with the several Man U games, a few Arsenal games and Man C at home in the FA cup. Walker can they just kick back to the reserve team, cant count how many goals he is responsible for this season. <deleted> off Spurs, im going to bed!

Relax Troyroy.....we will still win....the away goals are carrying us through......crap performance though.

Is this your first correct prediction this year Smokes ??biggrin.png

Good game for the neutral and all your players gave 110% clap2.gif Pleased you got through clap2.gif

BT

Relax Troyroy.....we will still win....the away goals are carrying us through......crap performance though.

Good game for the neutral and all your players gave 110% clap2.gif Pleased you got through clap2.gif

BT

You're a card Bigtoe....I thought this was a banana skin waiting to happen and happy to be through really.

Bring on the next round with our team up to full strength.....at least Adebayor scored....I had almost forgot he still played for us. sad.png

well what the hell was that, i started watching the replay, but premier league darts was more entertaining.

now watching a rather grinding english batting performance against nz.

well spurs,the last two results have shown up more defeciencies than good things.

the lads got through so be grateful for that, so just wait for the draw, some sides i would fancy us highly against and others i would put our odds at even.

BT

You're a card Bigtoe....I thought this was a banana skin waiting to happen and happy to be through really.

Bring on the next round with our team up to full strength.....at least Adebayor scored....I had almost forgot he still played for us. sad.png

You mean Bale will be playing

• Like 1

BT

You mean Bale will be playing

A full strength Spurs side Ed would show five changes to that side fielding Kaboul, Bale Lennon (fit from the start), Sandro and Lloris.

That aside i can't really find words for the performance it was too aweful to comprehend.

The game is not worth mentioning but what about the so called commentator 102.gifno commentary just a few facts thrown in every 5 mins and all he kept going on about was Milan, praising them etc, the tone of his voice even went down after Spurs scored, complete knob and obviously a Goonner.

Mind you the Chavs game commentator was much the same in that he didn't commentate ! may be it's a new style from whatever company was broadcasting.

It really is time that we stop playing Gallas. The blokes just too old. He's 37 next birthday.

You cannot continue to play such a high line with a keeper that is 42 next birthday and too slow off his line. One or the other please!

Does Defoes presence on the pitch make the blindest bit of difference? Hasn't scored since christmas and never spots the killer pass because he's too busy hoofing the ball into the crowd!

Don't pick a right back when you have a fit left back on the bench.

Why pick Parker and Livermore? Personally i just found Parker irritating to watch. Headless poor passing and constantly slowing down the play when it would be better to be speeded up which ofcourse is when we are most effective.

Yes Adebayor scored but as for the other 119 minuteswhistling.gif

We should consider ourselves very lucky indeed. That was shocking

The game is not worth mentioning but what about the so called commentator 102.gifno commentary just a few facts thrown in every 5 mins and all he kept going on about was Milan, praising them etc, the tone of his voice even went down after Spurs scored, complete knob and obviously a Goonner.

Mind you the Chavs game commentator was much the same in that he didn't commentate ! may be it's a new style from whatever company was broadcasting.

Yes the commentator was an absolute tool wasn't he!!

Did you need a commentator Alfred to tell you how <deleted> you were? biggrin.png

Did you need a commentator Alfred to tell you how <deleted> you were? biggrin.png

Now, you see Ed, you still sound bitter from your cup exit! Get over it sunshine, Dortmund as i've said from the start are the dark horses and they would have dumped out Utd aswellbiggrin.png

Now, you see Ed, you still sound bitter from your cup exit! Get over it sunshine, Dortmund as i've said from the start are the dark horses and they would have dumped out Utd aswellbiggrin.png

Sorry didn't realize Alfie had lost his tongue and you are allowed to speak for him biggrin.png what time can he play out?

Well look at that, we made it through. This is the worst game we have played so far this season. It was so clear that they were playing on result, not taking the chances we had on breakaways. Why Parker keep being the player going forward in stead of Dembele does not make any sence. Yes Dembele is better defensively as well, but at least the Inter defenders will be worried when he comes forward. And it was one of his runs that gave us the goal. The first 30 min I was in shock, we played a high line with no pressure on the ball. Did we not learn anything from Arsenal the other week? Inter played the ball over our heads at least 4 or 5 times and it was touch and go every time.

Surely AVB now realizes that putting your best midfielder on the right, is not an good idea. Livermore and Parker in the middle does not work, as Dembele then need to come inside, resulting in a packed center (as Sig also tucks in).

Hopefully the goal was what was needed to get Adebayor going. After 10 years or so with Defoe, we all know nobody thrives to play with Defoe. Adebayor and Defoe must be some of the worst relationship I have seen. Both good players on their day, but cant string two passes together. Adebayor looked better alone.

Lets hope we get an easier draw next round.

Sorry didn't realize Alfie had lost his tongue and you are allowed to speak for him biggrin.png what time can he play out?

<deleted> me theres a lot of bitterness smouldering there. ph34r.png You're going all Mad Dog Simmonds

Edited by carmine

Well look at that, we made it through. This is the worst game we have played so far this season. It was so clear that they were playing on result, not taking the chances we had on breakaways. Why Parker keep being the player going forward in stead of Dembele does not make any sence. Yes Dembele is better defensively as well, but at least the Inter defenders will be worried when he comes forward. And it was one of his runs that gave us the goal. The first 30 min I was in shock, we played a high line with no pressure on the ball. Did we not learn anything from Arsenal the other week? Inter played the ball over our heads at least 4 or 5 times and it was touch and go every time.

Surely AVB now realizes that putting your best midfielder on the right, is not an good idea. Livermore and Parker in the middle does not work, as Dembele then need to come inside, resulting in a packed center (as Sig also tucks in).

Hopefully the goal was what was needed to get Adebayor going. After 10 years or so with Defoe, we all know nobody thrives to play with Defoe. Adebayor and Defoe must be some of the worst relationship I have seen. Both good players on their day, but cant string two passes together. Adebayor looked better alone.

Lets hope we get an easier draw next round.

To be fair on that performance we'll struggle against everyone!!biggrin.png

Pleeeeassseee!! iam a RAG and not to be confused with a bitter,we actually win things over a loooonnngggg period of time biggrin.png

Better a smug git that a whiner eh?

We'll see yet Nads....look forward to your replay do ya?

I reckon the first team will want to lose so they can go on their summer holidays in April.