Tottenham Thread

chonabot

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss get the fuc in there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ursssssssssssssssss

come on u spurs

Result of the season !!!

First Half was magic...fcukin unbelievable....good goal and last eight a real oportunity now.

Happy....deliriously.....:)

Great result for Spurs. Terrific goal by Crouch made by Lennon. A couple of great saves by Gomes. Both Flamini for a shocking "tackle" and Gattuso should have been sent off. Gattuso will probably be banned for a few games and Flamini assured of a warm welcome at White Hart Lane.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ope/9398824.stm

AC Milan captain Gennaro Gattuso could be in trouble with Uefa after he headbutted Tottenham coach Joe Jordan.

The incident came moments after the final whistle of Spurs' 1-0 win in the Champions League last-16 first-leg tie.

Italy midfielder Gattuso squared up to the 59-year-old Scot and pushed his forehead into Jordan's nose.

"I lost control," said Gattuso, who had earlier pushed Jordan in the face. "There is no excuse for what I did. I take my responsibilities for that."

He added: "I was nervous. We were both speaking Scottish, something that I learned when I played in his home city of Glasgow, but I can't tell you what we said.

"I didn't want to argue with players and I did it with him, but I was wrong to do what I have done. I will have to await what they decide."

"We were both speaking Scottish"?!!!!!!! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Help me here Smokie....

Oh and yes, congrats on the result boys. Nice one.

Edited by rixalex

Very good win last night. This puts extra pressure on Chelski and takes away Citys advantage (shame they are guarranteed to beat us :rolleyes: ) More than anything i thought the resiliance that we showed will take us a long way.

Standouts for me Kranjcar and Sandro, who might be starting more often from now on. It just seems crazy to have a player as talented as the croat who spends 90% of the season on the bench. Gallas and Dawson very solid at the back as usual but did'nt Gomes make a tit of himself. :whistling:

COYS

So the flip flop king is back again.

First of all you laugh off my suggestion that City would finish in front of you... then when challenged you comment that you thought City would finish in front of you, and that your comment was made to wind me up :blink::rolleyes:

Now you have had a couple of decent results (even though you have consistently slagged off your manager :lol: ) so you really think you have a chance of finishing above City? Tell us what you really think!!

I will stick to what I said.... Guaranteed to finish top 4..... Guaranteed to finish above Spurs ;)

Bore off plod ;)

Magnificent performance. Redknapp got this one spot on with his tactics. Dawson and Gallas were superb and Palacios and Sandro commanded the midfield breaking up their attacks. I also thought Crouch had an excellent game. :ermm::o cant wait for the second leg with a fit Bale and Modric starting for us.

A great night to be a Tottenham supporter.

I hope plod enjoyed his europa league 0-0 draw. Must have been a belter of a match. :lol:

Magnificent performance. Redknapp got this one spot on with his tactics. Dawson and Gallas were superb and Palacios and Sandro commanded the midfield breaking up their attacks. I also thought Crouch had an excellent game. :ermm::o cant wait for the second leg with a fit Bale and Modric starting for us.

A great night to be a Tottenham supporter.

I read all but rarely venture out to participate on this thread.

However I heartily endorse the good carmine's sentiments....

roll on the return fixture and indeed the rest of the season. This might end up being one of Spur's greatest years ever.

Unlike some of you guys who are always finding fault with our 'arry - I happen to believe that Spurs and 'arry was a 'match (excuse the pun) made in heaven' and even when he makes apparently bad choices on players and tactics, most of the time the Gods seem to be with him.

If he ever takes over as England manager I fear for both 'arry and England (and Spurs!!) as I happen to truly believe he has found his niche where he is. There is such a thing as being promoted beyond your level of competency and I think the England job, with all the crap that goes with it, will be a bridge too far for our 'umble 'arry. :)

lets hope its not put to the test.

i tend to agree with you about H and the England job.

On the subject of H i would like to clear up another stupid comment posted here recently about me slagging off our manager.

Those that know me are well aware that my derogatory comments are in relation to him as a person, not as our manager. I have stated more than a couple of times what a fine job he has done for us. He does at times make tactical errors as do all mangers. He certainly got it right last night though. The pairing of Palacios and Sandro provided the extra cover Gallas and Dawson needed. All four put in terrific performances. I was suprised he started with Pienaar not Kranjcar but could'nt find fault in the decision from what i saw.

Its a measure of our improvement that we can go to Milan and win without key players like Bale, King, Huddlestone and Modric not fully fit.

We'll just have to plod away and who knows how far we can go. :D

"We were both speaking Scottish"?!!!!!!! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Help me here Smokie....

Ahhh I think you mean Glaswegian.....so I cannae help you there....best you ask Jockstar for a translation.....:P

Maybe it went something like this....."A Scotsman Englishman and Italian walk into a bar....."

:lol:

Mobi and carmine spot on! :)

Gomes was sensational last night...not the usual punching the ball away nonsense...nah he held on to everything only once getting a bit excited and distributing it too early.

Woodgate coming on and doing a great job was a wonderful; as well given his long injury layoff..

The scammer landlord tried to tell us he had a couple of bar critics in for the evening.....:o

"Tone it down lads"

"YID ARMY YID ARMY!!!!

If we're banned we'll be standing outside with a takeaway watching through the window shouting louder than ever. Have no fear.....!

COYS!

:D

Weren't some of you folks asking for Arry's head a few short days ago? :lol:

My link in case you missed the lil Italian's head butt on Jordan - obviously Gattuso or whatever his name is isn't the brightest - should have headbutted arry's if only he kept it still for half a second.

We were'nt calling for his head, so much as massively pissed off with his and Levy's pathetic attempts in the transfer market. It was a horrendous cop out.

As it happens, despite the fine job he has done for us, i;d prefer a younger manager taken on as a longterm project, and i really don't think its beneficial to the club to have H getting banged up. If he wins his trial he's going to get the England job anyway.

Either way, a shortlist has been put together and the club have already said they won't stand in his way if he wants the job.

Having seen a replay of a few minutes highlights tonight for the umpteenth time today, it seems to me that when the Milan "goal" was rightly disallowed in the last minute, there appears to be no signal of any sort from the clown behind the goal who probably was closest to it and would have had the best view.

It makes me wonder if most of these extra :huh: officials are of any use whatsoever.

OMG!! Just heard on the BBC that Woodgate is injured again!!!!

Did anyone work out the cost per minute paid for Woodgate since Spurs acquired him?

On second thoughts, don't bother, it will only depress me..... :(

OMG!! Just heard on the BBC that Woodgate is injured again!!!!

Did anyone work out the cost per minute paid for Woodgate since Spurs acquired him?

On second thoughts, don't bother, it will only depress me..... :(

Add to that the cost of Ledley King. He's just broken down in training again just the other day. Woodgate and King are our two highest paid players aswell. Add Kaboul to the list too. :o

Lucky we still have Dawson, Gallas and Bassong. ;)

My link in case you missed the lil Italian's head butt on Jordan - obviously Gattuso or whatever his name is isn't the brightest - should have headbutted arry's if only he kept it still for half a second.

We were'nt calling for his head, so much as massively pissed off with his and Levy's pathetic attempts in the transfer market. It was a horrendous cop out.

As it happens, despite the fine job he has done for us, i;d prefer a younger manager taken on as a longterm project, and i really don't think its beneficial to the club to have H getting banged up. If he wins his trial he's going to get the England job anyway.

Either way, a shortlist has been put together and the club have already said they won't stand in his way if he wants the job.

You are hilarious Lloyd!! :lol:

Lets look at your comments over the last few pages..........

"Redknapp is coming under rather a lot of pressurenow, and I dont think he can take us much further" :o

"Redknapp is a <deleted>" :blink:

"Scrotum Face"

"I hope Redknapp gets sent down" :o

"Harry is starting to lose it" :wacko:

"I hope he takes the England job" :D

and my favourite

"Harry has been a complete and utter tosser this season" :lol:

All written by yourself in the last few pages!!!

You are 5th in the League last 16 of Champions league. I know Spurs fans have the reputation of being fickle, but you are unbelievable :cheesy:

"Redknapp is coming under rather a lot of pressurenow, and I dont think he can take us much further" :o

"Scrotum Face"

and my favourite

You are 5th in the League last 16 of Champions league. I know Spurs fans have the reputation of being fickle, but you are unbelievable :cheesy:

I feel like you are stalking me plod. This is getting to feel rather scary. I like to think you had something me important to do but suddenly thats the least of my concerns.

Again, will you please bore off to another thread. A degree of wit, sense and logic are appreciated on this thread. You are sounding more and more like a loser and really dont seem to have any of these qualities.

Arnt you traffic wardens supposed to be on commission, so go and earn some.

Oh and do your homework plodders, we're fourth in the league and if we win our game in hand we'll be third. You can pull my words out of context but you can't change the facts.

Where was it again you finished last season. :sick:

Anyway, back to all things tottenham.

Interesting thing with Redknapp they way he can get it so wrong sometimes, Bolton away being the prime example, the first half set up against Arsenal away being another and then be so spot on as he was the other night. How can we be such a shambles as we were against Fulham and then pull off three wins culminating with the Milan win?

I'll always feel disappointed though we did'nt buy a striker last month. Levy and redknapp messed up badly there and i really hope that does'nt come back to haunt us in the near future. Time for our incumbant strikers to step up.

"Scrotum Face"

and my favourite

I feel like you are stalking me plod. This is getting to feel rather scary. I like to think you had something me important to do but suddenly thats the least of my concerns.

Again, will you please bore off to another thread. A degree of wit, sense and logic are appreciated on this thread. You are sounding more and more like a loser and really dont seem to have any of these qualities.

Arnt you traffic wardens supposed to be on commission, so go and earn some.

Oh and do your homework plodders, we're fourth in the league and if we win our game in hand we'll be third. You can pull my words out of context but you can't change the facts.

Where was it again you finished last season.

Keep em coming Floyd, Keep em coming :cheesy:

just watched the Itv highlight's and from them you would think that Milan were in total control

http://www.itv.com/s...atchhighlights/]]

just as well I saw the game live!"!!

Thats just great. We've been written off throughout this competition so far and will be so again if we get past Milan. No ones taking us seriously anyway. We're just continuing on right under the radar which is just how we want it. The old schoolers in the CL really are a very arrogent bunch, but they just dont know it :)

Gomes was sensational last night...not the usual punching the ball away nonsense...nah he held on to everything only once getting a bit excited and distributing it too early.

Woodgate coming on and doing a great job was a wonderful; as well given his long injury layoff..

The scammer landlord tried to tell us he had a couple of bar critics in for the evening.....:o

"Tone it down lads"

"YID ARMY YID ARMY!!!!

If we're banned we'll be standing outside with a takeaway watching through the window shouting louder than ever. Have no fear.....!

COYS!

A word in your shell-like Smokie. Never underestimate a wounded Italian stallion on a return leg (or Spanish bull come to that). They have a habit of silencing crowds at this level.

Hope you do well.

"Tone it down lads"

"YID ARMY YID ARMY!!!!

COYS!

A word in your shell-like Smokie. Never underestimate a wounded Italian stallion on a return leg (or Spanish bull come to that). They have a habit of silencing crowds at this level.

Hope you do well.

Or a West Ham Landlord of a Pub where the Spuds are getting to big for their Boots..;)

Looks like we'll be 4-4-2 tonight with Defoe and Pav starting. What a time this would be for them to get their scoring touch back. Most importantly for us is that Modric is now fully fit and will start.

Injury list is still Bale, Woodgate, Corluka and now VDV. Three of them, less Woodgate will be fit for the Milan game.

If only Jonathon had'nt tried to open that jar of pickles. :D

Very interesting to see the make up of the midfield. After recent performances who's he going to drop?

Looks like we'll be 4-4-2 tonight with Defoe and Pav starting. What a time this would be for them to get their scoring touch back. Most importantly for us is that Modric is now fully fit and will start.

Injury list is still Bale, Woodgate, Corluka and now VDV. Three of them, less Woodgate will be fit for the Milan game.

Very interesting to see the make up of the midfield. After recent performances who's he going to drop?

Could be the same team that finished the milan Game but with Pienaar instead of Kranjar and Bassong instead of Woodgate !

:o What? Crouch....our in form striker not starting?? :ermm::blink:

Don't see how he can drop Sandro though....

Forgot about him, heres my team Gomes, Hutton or anyone else who can play right back, gallas, dawson, bae, --- lennon, sandro,palaicious,pienaar--- modric--- defoe or crouch

Forgot about him, heres my team Gomes, Hutton or anyone else who can play right back, gallas, dawson, bae, --- lennon, sandro,palaicious,pienaar--- modric--- defoe or crouch

Wouldn't there be too much thought going into " Defoe or Crouch " if you were Manager then Alf ??

Not as of there's 14 Inches of difference between the 2 which could influence your decision at all is there ?? :D

Thank God you've got a tactical Genius as a Manager aye who may think it through a little more than you..;)

Wouldn't there be too much thought going into " Defoe or Crouch " if you were Manager then Alf ??

Not as of there's 14 Inches of difference between the 2 which could influence your decision at all is there ?? :D

Thank God you've got a tactical Genius as a Manager aye who may think it through a little more than you..;)

To be fair Singher if i was on 50,000 grand a week i might have give it a bit more thought than the 5 secs i give it :o besides what i think wont have any infuence on what team Arri picks due to the fact that Arri doesn't look at thai visa :D

To be fair Singher if i was on 50,000 grand a week i might have give it a bit more thought than the 5 secs i give it :o besides what i think wont have any infuence on what team Arri picks due to the fact that Arri doesn't look at thai visa :D

I don't think even boil-in-the-bag-face is on that kind of money. I make that roughly £2.5 billion a year. :blink:

{I think you meant 50 grand a week - good job you are not handling Spuds contracts for them}