Tottenham Thread

chonabot

biggrin.gif Cheers alf. Meanwhile we continue to build the best U17 team in the country. Is this our new transfer policy?

Wait until Harry's gone...in 5 years time etc etc.....given he's deep in the mire down in SSarf London this week I can only asume this is being done by Levy and his scouts.

Who is in charge at the Lane in terms of first team recruitment nowadays....does anyone know??

Bewildering.....

i don't know if you are asking a serious question here smokie, but if you are then Bloomfield is probably the most important guy. I don't blame him for losing out on the likes of Suarez, he can only reccomend. Harry has a different adenda which i think starts with "whats innit for me".

It seems that some on here don't think he'll get sent down....i think they're in for a surprise on this one. As a club i don't think we are going anywhere until the "high court/scrotum face/England manager" situation is sorted out. We can only hope it happens sooner than later. I think Levy would have moved him on already were it not for the fact we'd be milked by Redknapp for compensation. I'd be very interested in the clauses in his contract if infact theres a guilty verdict and i wonder if thats what Levy in banking on.

biggrin.gif Cheers alf. Meanwhile we continue to build the best U17 team in the country. Is this our new transfer policy?

Wait until Harry's gone...in 5 years time etc etc.....given he's deep in the mire down in SSarf London this week I can only asume this is being done by Levy and his scouts.

Who is in charge at the Lane in terms of first team recruitment nowadays....does anyone know??

Bewildering.....

i don't know if you are asking a serious question here smokie, but if you are then Bloomfield is probably the most important guy. I don't blame him for losing out on the likes of Suarez, he can only reccomend. Harry has a different adenda which i think starts with "whats innit for me".

It seems that some on here don't think he'll get sent down....i think they're in for a surprise on this one. As a club i don't think we are going anywhere until the "high court/scrotum face/England manager" situation is sorted out. We can only hope it happens sooner than later. I think Levy would have moved him on already were it not for the fact we'd be milked by Redknapp for compensation. I'd be very interested in the clauses in his contract if infact theres a guilty verdict and i wonder if thats what Levy in banking on.

He's spending most of the day down in Southwark these days getting greyer. Clearly a worried man.

Well according to one of the football sites Chelsea are coming up with a 35m bid for Modric. Seems to me that is something of a score draw. Chelski get their man, Levy can walk away with his head held high. I am guessing but I have a feeling Levy will turn it down.

By the way I cant help but feel that Harry is having fun sitting on the sidelines. If Modric is sold he assumes he gets a whole load of dosh to spend on the team. Meanwhile his official line is give me a whole load of dosh to spend on the team so we can show Modric we have the same ambition as him to be in the CL.

Well according to one of the football sites Chelsea are coming up with a 35m bid for Modric. Seems to me that is something of a score draw. Chelski get their man, Levy can walk away with his head held high. I am guessing but I have a feeling Levy will turn it down.

By the way I cant help but feel that Harry is having fun sitting on the sidelines. If Modric is sold he assumes he gets a whole load of dosh to spend on the team. Meanwhile his official line is give me a whole load of dosh to spend on the team so we can show Modric we have the same ambition as him to be in the CL.

he won't go for 35m without some under the table cash. I'll stick with my estimate of 37/38m and then in effect Levy wins. Frankly, i'm more concerned about us buying a striker.

Is anyone else bored senseless with the whole Fabregas/Modric/Nasri/Tevez business?

Edited by carmine

he won't go for 35m without some under the table cash. I'll stick with my estimate of 37/38m and then in effect Levy wins. Frankly, i'm more concerned about us buying a striker.

Is anyone else bored senseless with the whole Fabregas/Modric/Nasri/Tevez business?

To distraction mate. Its no wonder its so quiet in here of late.

I quite like the Modric soap opera but I think that both Fabregas and Tevez can basically disappear.

I have to say the Spurs looking for a striker story is getting pretty tedious.

Huh?

Its not even funny.

Edit: I reckon he's been on the piss with bkkjames again....

And Rio Ferdinand on the back of recent comments to the press.

Homour is lost on some people :lol:

Homour is lost on some people :lol:

I don't know what makes me laugh more...our supposed interest in Rossi at £30m plus ridiculous wages or the Sturridge nonsense.

I'll just have to keep on smiling I guess....meanwhile in the real world. it looks like Giovani will leave.....another few million in the transfer kitty.....

One of the better rumours of the day.....27m plus Sturridge for Modric!! Snap Bucks arm off for that, but unless the Daily Star have hacked into his phone i'd say it was rubbish.

It says it all really. Bring back the NOTW. coffee1.gif

More interested in knowing why the likes of Jenas Giovani Keane etc haven't been sold yet. Levy squeezing the last pound from them as usual. Get them out mate so we can start looking for strikers!

It seems a story with more than a grain of truth at last.

http://www.guardian....spur-juan-mata?

I wonder if we'll be waving goodbye to Aaron Lennon?

I think he'll most likely go to Arsenal. Very good player, but is he really the sort of player we should be prioritising?

Apparently we are looking for someone to buy Bentley for 15m. :blink:

I saw that and assumed the decimal point was in the wrong place. We're offering more than the Arse so the club will prefer to sell to us....not that that means much nowadays.

This view from a Spurs fan made me chuckle. Not laughing at you guys, it's just for years and years we City fans have felt the same.

How Man City thwarted Tottenham's hopes of Glory

http://soccerlens.co...hopes-of-glory/

This summer's transfers are a joke. Every decent player is angling for a "top four" move.....therefore the rest of the market sits in limbo...with prices ridiculously inflated across the board. No one seems to have a clue about real value....not helped of course by Liverpool's antics.

Madness.

This view from a Spurs fan made me chuckle. Not laughing at you guys, it's just for years and years we City fans have felt the same.

This summer's transfers are a joke. Every decent player is angling for a "top four" move.....therefore the rest of the market sits in limbo...with prices ridiculously inflated across the board. No one seems to have a clue about real value....not helped of course by Liverpool's antics.

Madness.

Thats not really fair on Liverpool. In the current state of the transfer market, if you are buying a youngster you'll have to pay an unrealistic price because everyone knows you have the prospect of a very good sell on value as the guy will almost certainly command a new five year contract.

They have bought a relatively young crop of players. Where it all goes tits up is the silly money being asked for 30 year olds.

Levy unusually messed up with Keane 18 months ago when we might well have grabbed 6m for him. He's now put a 10m tag on 3 meter Peter which is rich for a 30 year old. The time to sell Defoe is now.

I'm not really interested in the transfer gossip until we sucessfully offload some players and i can't see it happening.

Edited by carmine

Madness.

Thats not really fair on Liverpool. In the current state of the transfer market, if you are buying a youngster you'll have to pay an unrealistic price because everyone knows you have the prospect of a very good sell on value as the guy will almost certainly command a new five year contract.

They have bought a relatively young crop of players. Where it all goes tits up is the silly money being asked for 30 year olds.

Levy unusually messed up with Keane 18 months ago when we might well have grabbed 6m for him. He's now put a 10m tag on 3 meter Peter which is rich for a 30 year old. The time to sell Defoe is now.

I'm not really interested in the transfer gossip until we sucessfully offload some players and i can't see it happening.

Not fair on them? If you look at the reasonable prices Man Utd paid for their signings of proven talent and compare it with Liverpool's largely speculative buys it shows who is setting the market price.

I agree with much of what you are saying....Levy is trying to flog cheap watches at store prices.....I reckon it could be a very busy last couple of days in the transfer market again...probably with us losing out on a top striker and ending up with Three metre and PSG leading the line.

I hope I'm wrong.

BTW, serious question this, have any of you ever looked at buying Spurs shares or have any detailed analysis on it.

It looks vaguely interesting although I havent done much work on it. The price has fallen from 180 to 50 over the last few years and the whole company is valued at 100m quid. Certainly it is solid as a rock financially. I havent gone as far as working out what the price should be. I happen to be quite a long term believer in these businesses.

Anyway I can obviously get the R&A but if anyone has any investment research or placement prospectus let me know. I will happily give you feedback. A quick and dirty NAV consists of BV of 33p with players in at a BV of 116m. However the estimated market value of players with Bale valued at 18m is 258m. So that gives you an actual NAV of about 100p against 50p share price (excluding property). Anything or pointer to the financing of a new stadium would be interesting. BTW dont get the idea it might go up 30% in the next month. The price has been going down consistently for 3 years. I just know it aint going bust. And it might be the sort of thing to buy and tuck away for 5 or 10 years.

One conceptual thought is that Etihad are paying Man City 400m sponsorship over the next 10 years. They could have bought Spurs and had 300m change.

Apparently Diarra deal all done and dusted :o shame he ain't a centre forward :D

Where's this coming from Alf? Nothing on any of the usual places....are you sat outside Spurs Lodge with a long range camera? biggrin.gif

It's got to be a <deleted> long range camera to see spurs lodge from Chiang Mai :D

Apparently Diarra deal all done and dusted :o shame he ain't a centre forward :D

Where's this coming from Alf? Nothing on any of the usual places....are you sat outside Spurs Lodge with a long range camera? biggrin.gif

It's got to be a <deleted> long range camera to see spurs lodge from Chiang Mai :D

You'd need a kevlar jacket and some face cream to get near WHL these days. I see they have wrecked the ticket office as well. I wonder will they be so brave on match day? bah.gif