Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Sorry lads i was only searching out a sporting wager with one of your loyal supporters,i shall not post about it again.

I am so sorry if i offended anybody.jap.gif

It can be difficult for you in times of recession i do realize this and should of been more understanding of your position(s)

my bad!

Changing the subject here somewhat rolleyes.gif and looking at our ins and outs we have made around £30m this transfer window.

In all honesty our season will hinge on whether Adebayor is going to be on fire for us or not. The new Modric deal is a no brainer....he must be paid more money as he is worth it simple as that. Same will hopefully be offered to Bale too.

I do agree with carmine on the Cahill deal though...that one is Suarez all over again unfortunately....if he has a decent run through to January all the clubs will be offering him 6 figures a week and we'll fall well short.

A worrying lack of vision by Levy....I wonder if the spat with scrotum face has clouded his judgement this time?

Why is Modric worth more? He's been utter <deleted> so far this season and does'nt score goals. He's not worth a penny more until he plays like the player he's supposed to be, and grows some balls and stops crying about not playing for Chelsea. All we would be doing is caving in to a player having behaved dreadfully whilst playing like like a w*nker. Likewise why should be bend over for Bale yet either? His form in the second half of last season was average and he has been anonymous so far this season. better to reward players when they've played consistently well and later on closer to the window. rewarding so soon does'nt leave much time for the financial feel good that is of paramount importance to the modern day footballer.

Surveys say that when you give a pay rise to an unhappy member of staff the feel good only lasts about two months and then they'll want away again. ;)

Ok boss....I'll away and make the tea then....ohmy.gif

Yeah mate leave it until November then he'll refuse the deal and the circus will start again....its a facet of the modern game which most of us despise. In fact all of us except the agents.

May they burn in hell....

Don't really see why we have to give him more money as apparently that wasn't the reason why he wanted to join chelsea :o

Modric said

“Chelsea are a great club, they play in the Champions League every year, they have great players, they are ambitious and have an ambitious owner who wants to invest in the club and make it win the Champions League, the Premier League and other titles''

No mention of more money there :D

It will be interesting to see what reaction he gets from the fans if he ain't pulling his weight in the first few games.

Don't really see why we have to give him more money as apparently that wasn't the reason why he wanted to join chelsea :o

Modric said

"Chelsea are a great club, they play in the Champions League every year, they have great players, they are ambitious and have an ambitious owner who wants to invest in the club and make it win the Champions League, the Premier League and other titles''

It will be interesting to see what reaction he gets from the fans if he ain't pulling his weight in the first few games.

We could play a midfield of Hudd, Parker, Sandro, Bale and lennon and that might be rather effective. i don't think we'd concede many either.

Tell me. if Modric is so good, (as SAF would say, a good can opener,) how do you explain us failing to do it beat all the relegation battling sides? It all too easy to blame everything on the strikers. At the end of the day our midfield could'nt answer the questions.

If he does'nt play well he should be put in the stocks on Bill Nicholson Way for people to throw eggs at him until the january transfer window when Chelsea will happily deposit 40m in our bank account but they have all but totally lost sight of manchester.

Modric said

"Chelsea are a great club, they play in the Champions League every year, they have great players, they are ambitious and have an ambitious owner who wants to invest in the club and make it win the Champions League, the Premier League and other titles''

We could play a midfield of Hudd, Parker, Sandro, Bale and lennon and that might be rather effective. i don't think we'd concede many either.

Tell me. if Modric is so good, (as SAF would say, a good can opener,) how do you explain us failing to do it beat all the relegation battling sides? It all too easy to blame everything on the strikers. At the end of the day our midfield could'nt answer the questions.

If he does'nt play well he should be put in the stocks on Bill Nicholson Way for people to throw eggs at him until the january transfer window when Chelsea will happily deposit 40m in our bank account but they have all but totally lost sight of manchester.

Quite frankly not taking £40m was madness. I'd have snapped their hand off at the price. I doubt scrotum face would still have got Cahill or anyone else for that matter.

Only a year left until he becomes England's "savoiur". A silver lining for some of us.....biggrin.gif

Quite frankly not taking £40m was madness. I'd have snapped their hand off at the price. I doubt scrotum face would still have got Cahill or anyone else for that matter.

Only a year left until he becomes England's "savoiur". A silver lining for some of us.....biggrin.gif

I am not entirely convinced that Levy was actually offered 40m for Modric.

If you look at where that figure comes from I think you will find it is solely sourced from an interview with Redknapp and Sky Sports.

Redknapp's quote was.

"The chairman stood firm over Luka," Redknapp told Sky Sports News. "I think £40m was apparently offered yesterday. Whether that is true or not, it is what I heard."

Now given Redknapp's propensity to bullshit as well as the admission it is second hand gossip, it quite probably wasnt true in the first place. 'Apparently' 'true or not' 'what I heard' - he clearly doesnt have a clue.

In fact on the last day of the window there was a rumor that Chelsea had offered 30m plus Malouda and Levy had rejected it and asked for 30m plus Drogba. Whether that is true or not?

it's because there's been a massive misunderstanding in the media about where modric actually played last season. all sorts of press were saying he's a creative midfielder, lockpicker, number 10, in the hole etc. completely ignored that he spent the whole season in a midfield two as the playmaker, much deeper and not really that near the opposing goal. that role in the spurs team was van der vaart.

it's because there's been a massive misunderstanding in the media about where modric actually played last season. all sorts of press were saying he's a creative midfielder, lockpicker, number 10, in the hole etc. completely ignored that he spent the whole season in a midfield two as the playmaker, much deeper and not really that near the opposing goal. that role in the spurs team was van der vaart.

Thats a fair comment. I know the Spurs guys on here would rather have seem him much further forward and at the expense of van Der Vaart who's a real luxury for 60 minutes if he's not scoring.

Thats a fair comment. I know the Spurs guys on here would rather have seem him much further forward and at the expense of van Der Vaart who's a real luxury for 60 minutes if he's not scoring.

i thought modric had a really good season as a deep-lying playmaker, what the italians call a registra, and that his game really isn't suited to playing off the front man so much. think that's why chelsea wanted him so badly, as their making-them-tick midfielder at present is the carthorse mikel.

It is a good question why you were so bad against the relegation battling teams.

There is no doubt it is 'easy' to blame it on the strikers. In terms of 'chances created' you ranked second after Chelsea but scored the same number of goals as Blackpool who were relegated.

The other explanation is that you were simply 'distracted' by the whole 'CL experience' and were only 'up' for the big games and were not fully focused on the smaller matches.

It is a good question why you were so bad against the relegation battling teams.

There is no doubt it is 'easy' to blame it on the strikers. In terms of 'chances created' you ranked second after Chelsea but scored the same number of goals as Blackpool who were relegated.

The other explanation is that you were simply 'distracted' by the whole 'CL experience' and were only 'up' for the big games and were not fully focused on the smaller matches.

In the Blackpool game in particular we must have created around 20 chances in the second half alone. My vote goes to the strikers and if they don't pull the finger out this time around sack 'em all in January!

Edited by smokie36

How ironic would it be if we got rid of saggy face after achieving 2 points from 8 games :o perhaps even funny :D

I'd love that....'when i LEFT them they only had 2 points from 8 games." He's such a self serving <deleted>. You know, since this season is going nowhere for us ( and no james, that does'nt mean we are saying we'll win the CL :huh: ) i'd be delighted with that scenario in october.

How ironic would it be if we got rid of saggy face after achieving 2 points from 8 games :o perhaps even funny :D

I'd love that....'when i LEFT them they only had 2 points from 8 games." He's such a self serving <deleted>. You know, since this season is going nowhere for us ( and no james, that does'nt mean we are saying we'll win the CL :huh: ) i'd be delighted with that scenario in october.

I see he had yet another 2 page article in his favourite tabloid this week. Full of patriotic fervour....never a mention of the club paying his wages.

I see he had yet another 2 page article in his favourite tabloid this week. Full of patriotic fervour....never a mention of the club paying his wages.

As the euro's get closer,(along with Capello's exit) if anyones really interested :coffee1: its all about Redknapp keeping his name in the FA's ears, and ofcourse we know how clever he is at not paying tax, tapping up and self promotion. :D

Edited by carmine

God forbid boil-in-the-bag face gets the England job. Trouble is that if it has to be an Englishman there aren't any success stories in the Premier League to choose from. Alan Pardew has made a decent fist of Newcastle and might be persuaded given the lack of talent brought in this Summer. I think I'd prefer Mick McCarthy though - he played for Ireland but was in fact born in England.

With the comments being made to to the Redknapp the atmosphere in the dressing room must be horrid. i also note that pretty much everyone/everything has been blamed for our poor start except himself ofcourse. He has'nt blamed Levy directly but has made it clear he wanted Modric sold and contradicted him on numerous occasions. Add to this the lack of morale and the horrid team set up and tactics and there you have it.

Now he's looking futher to our future developement by trying to sign a 36 year old.

Lets just get rid of him now ( and forwards coach Les Ferdinand) before any further damage is done. Levy won't miss the conversations since they don't talk anyway. We might have to lose to Wolves and the scousers to accelerate the process for the greater good of the club. We have an excellent squad and a very decent war chest to attract a new manager.

For the immediate we should drop Bale back to left back. Friedal should stay in goal. He looks reliable and the last thing our fragile defense needs is to worry about the antics of Gomes. Hopefully Sandro will be back in time for Liverpool and lets pray Adebayour stays fit and bangs in some goals because theres little chance of that imbecile Defoe working out where the goal is.

Keep the faith. Harry for England.

Just to put all these Spuds so called fans comments in context ............it wasn't to long ago that they where all singing his praises and heralding in the new era with Harry Gump at the helm!

Keep it real please and read back some of the shit you was spouting(all of you) about a year ago,how the mighty have fallen and it was predicted by most other thai visa footie members.

Anyway big game today for you against one of the top clubs :D you might scrape a point!

Harry will never manage England,why do you you lot keep going on about it.......just out of boredom?

Just to put all these Spuds so called fans comments in context ............it wasn't to long ago that they where all singing his praises and heralding in the new era with Harry Gump at the helm!

Keep it real please and read back some of the shit you was spouting(all of you) about a year ago,how the mighty have fallen and it was predicted by most other thai visa footie members.

Anyway big game today for you against one of the top clubs :D you might scrape a point!

Harry will never manage England,why do you you lot keep going on about it.......just out of boredom?

* Please join jimbo in the list of posters we wish would read our thread properly before coming on here and dreaming up stupid comments. *

* Please join jimbo in the list of posters we wish would read our thread properly before coming on here and dreaming up stupid comments. *

The way the last two...no make that three transfer windows have been handled.....no Suarez when he was there for the taking...Cahill and harry's failure to spot last summer that we needed a striker then...the head in the sand approach is just pitiful.

As you said above....if Adebayor can't score we'll be looking at 8th most likely.

As you said above....if Adebayor can't score we'll be looking at 8th most likely.

He'll score alright. What does annoy me about him though, is his lack of effort in going in for headers. Willie Carson would beat him to an header every time.

I just pray he stays fit because with the amount of chances our midfield will create for him i'm hoping he'll score rather a lot.

He'll score alright. What does annoy me about him though, is his lack of effort in going in for headers. Willie Carson would beat him to an header every time.

That won't bother us too much mrboj.....we're perfectly used to that. He couldn't be worse than 3MP!

I just pray he stays fit because with the amount of chances our midfield will create for him i'm hoping he'll score rather a lot.

I'm quietly licking my lips at the prospect in fact. We're not a worse side than last year and if we take a few more chances it could be an interesting season for us.

Stop being in denial! you was one of those spouting how great your side had become and the future was rosy.....also you was up your managers arse.,would you like to see a little bit?? I can read very well rolleyes.gif

Stop being in denial! you was one of those spouting how great your side had become and the future was rosy.....also you was up your managers arse.,would you like to see a little bit?? I can read very well rolleyes.gif

Yes, go on prove the point. I'm waiting......

The future was very bright as i once said but if you did read my posts properly you would be aware that i stated that Redknapp had taken us as far as he could. I also acknowledged that up to that point he had done an excellent job.

Why do you come on here trying to joust with us? You lot are so out of you're depth.

I dont try to tell you man Yoo fans about the northern fashion disaster that is the flat cloth cap. :o

I never tried to question JackNDanny's knowledge about racing pigeons. ;)

Please can you manchester supporters stop trying to talk to us about (buying) football. :D

Yes, go on prove the point. I'm waiting......

The future was very bright as i once said but if you did read my posts properly you would be aware that i stated that Redknapp had taken us as far as he could. I also acknowledged that up to that point he had done an excellent job.

Why do you come on here trying to joust with us? You lot are so out of you're depth.

I dont try to tell you man Yoo fans about the northern fashion disaster that is the flat cloth cap. :o

I never tried to question JackNDanny's knowledge about racing pigeons. ;)

Please can you manchester supporters stop trying to talk to us about (buying) football. :D

Only a few nibbles today! laugh.gif

Todays team, i fancy he will play :

friedel

Corluka Dawson Kabul Bae

Modric Hudd / livermore Parker bale

Defoe Ade

I would rather see Modric in the middle of an attacking midfield 3 instead of Defoe with one of the young boys on the right.

Looks a strong side,you must be confident of them finishing above 7th! biggrin.gif