Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Good result against a competitive wolves team, great debut for addy 2 get off the mark and Gomes frozen out? cudiceni on the bench 2 day, wud have gozzzmos well in front of him. But hey ho its up the premier league we will go!!!

Good result against a competitive wolves team, great debut for addy 2 get off the mark and Gomes frozen out? cudiceni on the bench 2 day, wud have gozzzmos well in front of him. But hey ho its up the premier league we will go!!!

Couldn't put it better....a solid result! smile.gif

Harry will never manage England,why do you you lot keep going on about it.......just out of boredom?

I'd love to see him manage England. Not least so that club have to resort second rate foreigners as manager again. While Harry is there, their claim to be a big prestigious club is almost justified.

Harry will never manage England,why do you you lot keep going on about it.......just out of boredom?

I'd love to see him manage England. Not least so that club have to resort second rate foreigners as manager again. While Harry is there, their claim to be a big prestigious club is almost justified.

Why have you parked your caravan on our thread?

Parker played alright did'nt he...;):) How have the board at Pikey Park found the money to pay for David Bentleys hair gel?

Why have we got seven players out injured after two games? Thats right, seven out and thats baring in mind Ledley was actually fit and playing.

Something has to be desperately wrong with our fitness/training programme to be persistently plagued by this.

Fortunately we have a strong squad but how are we supposed to compete with Arsenal and Liverpool with half our first team out? Very fortunate to have Ledley back or our usual center back crisis would have made an early start this season. (Caulkers playing really well btw)

Adebayour is quality and will do very well i think. Kyle walker is going to be electric on the right and its a relief to have a safe pair of hands in goal.

A good three points but despite what our manager says its not great when after three games your best player is the keeper. However, three points at Wolves is a great result and i am looking forward to playing liverpool. We really will need Ledley at his best for this match and i sincerely hope Redknapp sits someone in front of the two cb's.....and stops playing Bale on the right, and gives Dos Santos a chance and plays Modric a little further up, because we definately lacked bite yesterday and Adebayour was given poor service for most of the match.

He has to accodate Huddlestone and Sandro to suit certain fixtures. When is he going to realise that he must drop Bale to left back. There really is no thinking involved on this one. BAE played well but we simply have to take the oppotunity to maximise our quality in midfield. He has Huddlestone, Kranjcar, Sandro, and Parker, all scrapping it out to play with Modric. That is excluding Dos Santos if you treat him as an out and out striker.

Edited by carmine

As you said above....if Adebayor can't score we'll be looking at 8th most likely.

He'll score alright. What does annoy me about him though, is his lack of effort in going in for headers. Willie Carson would beat him to an header every time.

I just pray he stays fit because with the amount of chances our midfield will create for him i'm hoping he'll score rather a lot.

Told you he would score :D

As you said above....if Adebayor can't score we'll be looking at 8th most likely.

He'll score alright. What does annoy me about him though, is his lack of effort in going in for headers. Willie Carson would beat him to an header every time.

I just pray he stays fit because with the amount of chances our midfield will create for him i'm hoping he'll score rather a lot.

Told you he would score :D

You did but "strikers scoring" is going to take a lot of getting used too on this thread. Watching Croutch and defoe fluff about twenty chances per game and losing one nil was a form of torture.

By the look of things we can now play poorly, create one chance and win one nil. :D I still think that Defoe actually scoring was just a dream you see and need more convincing this momentous event actually took place.

Onj the subject of strikers i love the lastest www.footylatest.com rumour of a Modric/Torres swop. Absolute garbage by funny nonetheless. That is, unless we are going to have to put up with more Modric rumours until january.....:(

Edited by carmine

Ledley playing....opposition 0. whistling.gifrolleyes.gif

theres no doubt he tightens things up ( although i did see him sold one big ime by Hunt. which would'nt have happened to the younger article) He also organises things at the back much better than Dawson. I always think Bassong, Kaboul or Dawson all look better, ore assured players when paying alongside King. Great to see hi back and everytime i watch him i think of the sixty odd England caps that pox Captain Fantastic owes him. Kings injuries have been good for Terrys career as a fit Ledley King has twice the ability John Terry ever will.

Parker played alright did'nt he...;):) How have the board at Pikey Park found the money to pay for David Bentleys hair gel?

Millwall are the pikeys not us.. They have actual pikey support. If I said what is more apt for us, it will be called racist, but it sounds a bit like pikey..

Millwall are the pikeys not us.. They have actual pikey support. If I said what is more apt for us, it will be called racist, but it sounds a bit like pikey..

You are all pikeys...enjoy the pikey derby next weekend...you know they've been waiting patiently for this one....

You are all pikeys...enjoy the pikey derby next weekend...you know they've been waiting patiently for this one....

So what does that make you and Arsenal? Though it does a disservice to that great club to lump you together.

I know they are waiting. I live in Lewisham just near Deptford.. Won't be going near the ground that day.

So what does that make you and Arsenal? Though it does a disservice to that great club to lump you together.

I know they are waiting. I live in Lewisham just near Deptford.. Won't be going near the ground that day.

I was on the border of Leytonstone/Wanstead until the riots happened. Don't need that nonsense so I've moved to Jersey.....much nicer beaches and in the event of me getting a ticket its only an hours flight.....

Very sensible to keep away from that one though...only the nutters will surely attend the toilet of London next weekend.

Send my best wishes to MSingh and imola won't you...I hope they survive the ordeal! biggrin.gif

You cant help but notice that the relationship between Levy and Redknapp has become increasingly dysfunctional over the last couple of months. Like in Redknapp's comments about Sandro's new contract.

http://www.football3...ver-Sandro-deal

Daniel Levy is well aware you can't polish a turd. :)

On a serious note, they don't talk anymore and you don't get much more dysfunctional than that!

I doubt very much Levy took kindly to the conflicting signels Redknapp was putting out over Modric either.

Levy treats the true gentleman, Martin Jol like dirt and lets scrotum face get away with muder.

Edited by carmine

You cant help but notice that the relationship between Levy and Redknapp has become increasingly dysfunctional over the last couple of months. Like in Redknapp's comments about Sandro's new contract.

http://www.football3...ver-Sandro-deal

Your right, we can't help but notice so what is the purpose of your post, instead of posting pointless posts shouldn't you be checking Andy's scoring exploits as carms asked you too :lol::D

Edited by alfieconn

Your right, we can't help but notice so what is the purpose of your post, instead of posting pointless posts shouldn't you be checking Andy's scoring exploits as carms asked you too :lol::D

The point of the post is this. It is pretty clear that Redknapp has had a limited say in who you buy and sell. It is now apparent that even according to him he is not consulted as to who is retained by the club. Now that is highly unusual for any manager who is at least supposed to pick the team. To the extent it is reality it is highly unusual that it would be highlighted in the press. So the purpose of the post was to point out it was 'dysfunctional' which means that it cannot function and will therefore cease to exist.

As for Carm's request for Andy's scoring record, well he could have found that out as quickly as asking the question.

The point of the post is this. It is pretty clear that Redknapp has had a limited say in who you buy and sell. It is now apparent that even according to him he is not consulted as to who is retained by the club. Now that is highly unusual for any manager who is at least supposed to pick the team. To the extent it is reality it is highly unusual that it would be highlighted in the press. So the purpose of the post was to point out it was 'dysfunctional' which means that it cannot function and will therefore cease to exist.

As for Carm's request for Andy's scoring record, well he could have found that out as quickly as asking the question.

When I think of you Abrak it reminds me of another cartoon character....

riddler732.jpg

biggrin.gif

Edited by smokie36

On a serious note, they don't talk anymore and you don't get much more dysfunctional than that!

I doubt very much Levy took kindly to the conflicting signels Redknapp was putting out over Modric either.

Levy treats the true gentleman, Martin Jol like dirt and lets scrotum face get away with muder.

Redknapp is having a one way conversation in this relationship. As you say Redknapps comments were clearly not in line with Levy's. But my point is that Redknapp is turning up the heat. A manager may want a player in his team and the 'Chairman' may decide whether he is in the team at a certain price or not. To decide a players contract irrespective of the manager is a totally different decision.

So there is one thing more convincing than 'not talking at all' to show you are 'dysfunctional' which is actually 'talking in a way' that shows you are dysfunctional.

Perhaps I should simply point out that the disagreements that Levy and Redknapp had that were pointed out (as underlying in their relationship) several months ago in this thread are very obvious now and pretty obvious to anyone. It is fairly clear they have gone public.

Edited by Abrak

REdknapp runs the team and coaches, Levy pays the bills and negotiates the players contracts and transfer fees. levi imo does a good job, aka Crouch, the banter and taunts when we bought him was that us buying him was his last money move, what has levy done but turned in a profit!!, levies problems are offloading players ari doesnt want, ie other managers signings, but this transfer window, for me levis done a bloody good job, Redneck and Levi, diferent, Yeah, dysfunctional?, get a grip , footballs V V simple just look at where we've finished in the last 2 -3 seasons hardly the result of a 'dysfunctional' relationship.

Redknapp is having a one way conversation in this relationship. As you say Redknapps comments were clearly not in line with Levy's. But my point is that Redknapp is turning up the heat. A manager may want a player in his team and the 'Chairman' may decide whether he is in the team at a certain price or not. To decide a players contract irrespective of the manager is a totally different decision.

So there is one thing more convincing than 'not talking at all' to show you are 'dysfunctional' which is actually 'talking in a way' that shows you are dysfunctional.

Perhaps I should simply point out that the disagreements that Levy and Redknapp had that were pointed out (as underlying in their relationship) several months ago in this thread are very obvious now and pretty obvious to anyone. It is fairly clear they have gone public.

I love this riddler...yeah we all know now you've exposed the truth. We are on the verge of meltdown and you're spending hundreds of millions to improve your side we know we know...

<Yawn> Wake me up when there's a decent post will ya........

Its been an open secret for some time that they don't get on. The breakdown started second half of last season when the manager started reeling off excuses. Levy probably reminded him what a "triffic" squad he had at his disposal and that was it. Redknapp does not like criticism.

i wonder whether the reports of an earlier FA appointment for Redknapp may have any truth? It's probably just wishful thinking on my part and simply a case of the gutter press making some mileage out of the current spat and ofcourse England being so dreadful. Does it explain the lack of big money signongs? Probably not. Missing Cahill was just plain stupidity. What with Dawson out for maybe two months, Gallas out, We are already in all sorts of problems at the center of our already shaky defense. Cant have Hudd as center back cover because he's crocked and Caulker's down at Swansea propping up their defense.

Yes, missing Cahill was stupid, but then again, how much sympathy can you expect Harry when you loan out Stephen Caulker in the knowledge that Ledley cannot train and plays with one knee? When Ledley gets injured we have to rely on Bassong. Thank God we've just played City and Utd. Bassong is a very average player.

I know we have Van Der Vaart back at the weekend but thats not particularily important within our squad availability and set up. More importantly does anyone know how Huddlestone and Sandro are getting on? Both those two would be crucial against Liverpool. We must have someone defensive in midfield to stick to Suarez. ( I bet Carroll scores on sunday :ermm::lol: ) Oh the irony.................

Edited by carmine

Theres quite an interesting blog thats suggesting a 4-2-3-1 formation that should be adopted by Spurs. Its reliant on gallas and Sandro being fit to play but if so i'd love to see this side play Liverpool. I think it might give them a torrid time next sunday. One thing i do know, with a top draw coach we could be an aweful lot better.

Friedal

Walker Gallas King Bale

Sandro Parker

Dos Santos Van Der Vaart Modric

Adebayour

You still have quality on the bench to rotate and i reckon thats worth giving a few games to try out. Leaving out Hudd is a big call and i'm certainly not 100% on that but i'd love to see Dos Santos play a similar role to his mexican one because at the end of the day, he's not as fast as Lennon (does'nt matter, we have Walker) but he's much more versatile. our speed down the flanks would be great and Adebayour would be a very busy striker

Comments?

The game's on Sunday carms....and Chinawhite parties don't stop until 4am....

Other than that it looks a good shout.

Would certainly nullify the threat from Suarez and give Gerrard a fine welcome back to the Prem!

Modric further forward is an interesting change for me...and one that we should explore given his goal the other week.

Edited by smokie36

Would certainly nullify the threat from Suarez and give Gerrard a fine welcome back to the Prem!

Modric further forward is an interesting change for me...and one that we should explore given his goal the other week.

Don't you find it interesting that Redknapp seems to be the only coach who has a problem with him? He brilliant for the other teams he's been loaned to and great for Mexico too. It only seems to be a Henry Redknapp problem

Silly me, its obvious, Turkey, Spain and Italy don't have nightclubs!

What i do think is that tactically set up correctly, with nine first team injuries (after two games) Liverpool and Arsenal are no better than we are. They can ofcourse choose to live in lala land and think otherwise but they really arn't any better. This league consists of manchester, followed by Chelsea in a little trough where they belong and Arse, LFC and us. Only thing i would say is we'd need better management to take fourth.

I'll expect whatever comments to this but i won't be changing my opinion, although my past predictions i remind, are based on Redknapp "staying" on as manager, hence not as optimistic as i am if he departed.

Edited by carmine

Don't you find it interesting that Redknapp seems to be the only coach who has a problem with him? He brilliant for the other teams he's been loaned to and great for Mexico too. It only seems to be a Henry Redknapp problem

Other clubs wanted him in the summer but Redknapp said he'll be playing this year. Wait and see is all I can say....but yeah he's no central midfielder...more of a VDV style player at best.

Other clubs wanted him in the summer but Redknapp said he'll be playing this year. Wait and see is all I can say....but yeah he's no central midfielder...more of a VDV style player at best.

Dos Santos never has played central midfield mate and i was'nt suggesting that. he has a lot of speed lots of technical ability and could be a real threat comind in from the right. You'd have VDV in the hole and position Modric on the left but with a more open agenda.

Moving on to Van Der Vaart, i'm getting quite fed up with his petulance. He does'nt seem to be able to play more than 60/70 minutes of a league game, he's just coming back from a hamstring injury and he's just gone bleating to the papers about not playing in the europa, a tournament that is nothing more than a pain in the arse to us. Why would we want to risk first teamers in that tournament, especially with ours and his injury problems?

Credit to Redknapp for taking the sensible decision even if it was a no brainer.

Edited by carmine

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14773846.stm

I can see the argument for it, but the way ari's handled it is, IMO really fuc_king stupid. And actually van der vart aint so smart in announcing to the world he knew nothing about it better he stayed stum but Exactly what was wrong with giving the guy a buzz on his mobile and telling him. Sloppy sloppy spurs.