Tottenham Thread

chonabot

With the lemon, to get the best out of him what uve got to do is get him on the r/h/s edge/inside of penalty area and there is not a ful bac in the prem that can handle lemon, one on one he's virtually unstoppable, which is why u v v rarely see that, if we can spot it prem manager's and coach's for sure can, and more than not u see 2/3 defenders/ middies dropping bac to make it more difficult for him, and again give me a winger in the history of the game that turns in consistently sparkling performances week in week out, thats the annoying, frustrating call the emotion what u want about winger, you know what they are capable of but they, as a breed, are inconstant. also in defense of wingers there arnt many forwards who read or make a wingers job easy, watch 2 days 4 wards they move to the rear post and the middle of the goal, not easy targets for a winger thats got a angry fulbac in his wake, Strikers have to move to areas that the wingers can easily pass to Linikar was great at it baloteli is the best i've seen recently watch his movement, he's smart.

You really had me going then,until the last sentence! Balotelli and smart just does not go together but i do agree with the rest wink.gif

With the lemon, to get the best out of him what uve got to do is get him on the r/h/s edge/inside of penalty area and there is not a ful bac in the prem that can handle lemon, one on one he's virtually unstoppable, which is why u v v rarely see that, if we can spot it prem manager's and coach's for sure can, and more than not u see 2/3 defenders/ middies dropping bac to make it more difficult for him, and again give me a winger in the history of the game that turns in consistently sparkling performances week in week out, thats the annoying, frustrating call the emotion what u want about winger, you know what they are capable of but they, as a breed, are inconstant. also in defense of wingers there arnt many forwards who read or make a wingers job easy, watch 2 days 4 wards they move to the rear post and the middle of the goal, not easy targets for a winger thats got a angry fulbac in his wake, Strikers have to move to areas that the wingers can easily pass to Linikar was great at it baloteli is the best i've seen recently watch his movement, he's smart.

You really had me going then,until the last sentence! Balotelli and smart just does not go together but i do agree with the rest wink.gif

If he gives himself half a chance i think Super Mario would be a class act and can you imagine him, Aguero and Dzecko firing on all cylinders. :whistling:

As a matter of trivia, I only noticed on Sunday that your shirt sponsor was Aurasma. Sounds a bit like a condom manufacturer and I suspect only about 25% of the TV audience know who they are.

Anyway it seems something of a strange coincidence that following the takeover of their parent company, Autonomy, you guys are going to go full circle and have Hewlett Packard back on your shirts.

post-23517-0-64037100-1317710572_thumb.j

The other possibility is Mitchells & Butlers :whistling:

As a matter of trivia, I only noticed on Sunday that your shirt sponsor was Aurasma. Sounds a bit like a condom manufacturer and I suspect only about 25% of the TV audience know who they are.

Anyway it seems something of a strange coincidence that following the takeover of their parent company, Autonomy, you guys are going to go full circle and have Hewlett Packard back on your shirts.

post-23517-0-64037100-1317710572_thumb.j

The other possibility is Mitchells & Butlers :whistling:

Almost Anything but anything is better to a Londoner than PONY, which is what spurs had bac in the day.

baloteli is the best i've seen recently watch his movement, he's smart.

And I suppose Rooney and smart does go together, does it? Let's be honest, any brain matter Rooney did have, has just been subjected to severe acupuncture. Who knows how many prostitutes he'll go with, now his brain cells are leaking out of those strands of wool sticking out of his bonce ;)

Tell you what Red. You need to start watching a bit more of Ballotelli. He might not be the sharpest pencil WRT to his bevaviour and actions but as rijit says, he's a smart lad on the ball.

And I suppose Rooney and smart does go together, does it? Let's be honest, any brain matter Rooney did have, has just been subjected to severe acupuncture. Who knows how many prostitutes he'll go with, now his brain cells are leaking out of those strands of wool sticking out of his bonce ;)

Tell you what Red. You need to start watching a bit more of Ballotelli. He might not be the sharpest pencil WRT to his bevaviour and actions but as rijit says, he's a smart lad on the ball.

Mr B, don't you know yet that Man Utd fans never look any further than Man Utd. :huh: They're still woffling on about their great batch of homegrown talent even though that talent came on the scene a lifetime ago. Beckham, for example is nearly thirty-six and Red Nev, plonker extraordinaire, has retired fron staining the football pitch to become a really <deleted> tv pundit. :unsure:

Mr B, don't you know yet that Man Utd fans never look any further than Man Utd. :huh: They're still woffling on about their great batch of homegrown talent even though that talent came on the scene a lifetime ago. Beckham, for example is nearly thirty-six and Red Nev, plonker extraordinaire, has retired fron staining the football pitch to become a really <deleted> tv pundit. :unsure:

A spurs supporter is one to talk about Beckham. Harry has talked openly about bring the whole Beckham 'show' to Spurs in January. (I assume this all part of his 'England' promotion and I also assume that Levy will not let it happen.) And look it is easy to see why Leicester or QPR would wish it to arrive. Anyway if I was a Spurs supporter I wouldnt even find it funny as a joke.

To be fair i have looked at Super Mario to see why you and The City fans like in him and for the life of me i cannot see anything that puts him in the bracket of"quality" maybe if he is given more time in the team which should happen now that Kun and Tevez are out we will see the footballer in him come out and prove you correct......unfortunately for your lot he is another time bomb ticking and will under pressure blow that is my opinion and we will have to wait and see won't we ;)

Rooney is a cut above him :) head and shoulders an all!

Neville....what i have seen of his TV stuff talks unbiased sense especially when you compare him to the other shisters.Beckham well you might be cheering him lol.

Uniteds home grown talent......i thought you said you talk only truths? I think you will find Welbeck and Cleverly will be England regulars soon,nobody brings through youngsters and gives them a chance like United,even buying young uns to work with and give them a chance in the system......Smalling,Jones,De Gea being a good example.

Jealousy is from when Spurs used to do the same regularly.

Walker....Naughton...Carroll...Townsend....Rose....Livermore...Kane....oh and a young lad Bale.

Yeah we're soooo Jealous. biggrin.gif

No doubt I'll be remembered for the ones I forgot to mention.....!

Walker....Naughton...Carroll...Townsend....Rose....Livermore...Kane....oh and a young lad Bale.

t b h mate barring walker , cant see any of those making the grade. Lets hope I'm wrong.

t b h mate barring walker , cant see any of those making the grade. Lets hope I'm wrong.

You been on the Lao Khao....Bale might do OK if he gets a game or two....rolleyes.gif etc...etc....

You been on the Lao Khao....Bale might do OK if he gets a game or two....rolleyes.gif etc...etc....

Nah mate bit stressed though spent the day dealing with estate agents , booking flights ect ect . But yeah missed him, but walker and him for youngsters cost us enuf wedge, ten mil? between them., but I must admit was thinking more of players that came through the ranks, but hey ho good nights sleep, yeah right, i'll b as right as rain ........... ish !!!!!!

A spurs supporter is one to talk about Beckham. Harry has talked openly about bring the whole Beckham 'show' to Spurs in January. (I assume this all part of his 'England' promotion and I also assume that Levy will not let it happen.) And look it is easy to see why Leicester or QPR would wish it to arrive. Anyway if I was a Spurs supporter I wouldnt even find it funny as a joke.

It was one of his promotional ideas i would say. Levy wasn't having it because he wants to move the club forward, not bring in past it celebs that are friends with the FA ;) and no, we really don't find it funny.

Apparently though, according to Mr Redknapp we are all idiots anyway.

To be fair i have looked at Super Mario to see why you and The City fans like in him and for the life of me i cannot see anything that puts him in the bracket of"quality" maybe if he is given more time in the team which should happen now that Kun and Tevez are out we will see the footballer in him come out and prove you correct......unfortunately for your lot he is another time bomb ticking and will under pressure blow that is my opinion and we will have to wait and see won't we ;)

Rooney is a cut above him :) head and shoulders an all!

Yep, but he's one hell of a mong isn't he. I think Rooney would make a baboons arse look attractive in comparison

I see Ancellotti is spreading himself around the press over the last couple days saying that he wants to replace Harry in the Spurs job. I would take him pronto if I was you lot.

Just for your info the favourite on oddschecker to be the next Spurs manager is one of the youngest and most ambitious in the Premier League - Mark Hughes.

Mark Hughes is 3/1

Ancellotti is 5/1

Moyes is 5/1

Mark Hughes you are having a laff :lol:

I see Ancellotti is spreading himself around the press over the last couple days saying that he wants to replace Harry in the Spurs job. I would take him pronto if I was you lot.

Just for your info the favourite on oddschecker to be the next Spurs manager is one of the youngest and most ambitious in the Premier League - Mark Hughes.

Mark Hughes is 3/1

Ancellotti is 5/1

Moyes is 5/1

Redknapp looks like a shoe in for the England job and the FA must be under no illusions as to how much he wants the job. I would have thought if Ancellotti wants the Spurs job its his. We would be a better side under him too, certainly better organised.

I grimace at the thought of Mark Hughes. :)

Edited by carmine

One thing I think levy will be looking for will be experience, By bitter experiences its been learnt in the past that to handle the spurs job, now arguably one off the top 5? in the country, you need plenty of top level experiencet. That thick skin and the street nous that redknapp has ac-rewed over the years has served him and Tottenham really well. So, putting at risk what we've built in the past by taking a chance on a maybe or an up and coming young manager is a risk I cant see levy wanting to take, Actually Got no immediate preferences but Capello springs 2 mind forget his England spell, he's got one amazing club record and in no way would he struggle with the press and actually he could well take us on yet another step, not many managers you could almost guarantee seeing that that happening with, perhaps anccoloti but he aint got a club at the mo' so risky? maybe

Edited by rijit

Hughes shouldnt even be on the list. Choosing Joorabchian as a manager is a totally unacceptable conflict of interest. Pretty easy for him to get Hughes to buy Tevez Joorabchian owned 40% if the manager is a client. And do you remember how Hughes defended Tevez the other day. How many of Hughes recruits at City are still there and in the team Kompany and BdeJ. I personally think that he got Hughes to resign from Fulham because he thought he could get him the Chelsea job, he is quite matey with Abromavich.

My only reservation with Ancellotti is that he will not stay long. I think you need someone to take you through FFP, the takeover and the building of the new stadium.

Hughes shouldnt even be on the list. Choosing Joorabchian as a manager is a totally unacceptable conflict of interest. Pretty easy for him to get Hughes to buy Tevez Joorabchian owned 40% if the manager is a client. And do you remember how Hughes defended Tevez the other day. How many of Hughes recruits at City are still there and in the team Kompany and BdeJ. I personally think that he got Hughes to resign from Fulham because he thought he could get him the Chelsea job, he is quite matey with Abromavich.

My only reservation with Ancellotti is that he will not stay long. I think you need someone to take you through FFP, the takeover and the building of the new stadium.

The replacement issue is an interesting one as we all know its going to happen relatively soon and i agree with your points about a longer term replacement.

In the Tottenham circles that i mix with theres been talk of the "short list" for months now. This list is supposed to be the boards list not the unrealistic fans list with the inevitable JM unrealistically on it! Hughes was never on it thank Christ. Moyes was as was Ancelloti and Coyle. The other name that was on there was one Rafa Benitez.

I'm neither for or against his appointment as i never quite worked him out and found him an enigma. Do you regard him as the guy that manged Liverpool tp, what was it, 86 points?...or the manger that did a God aweful job at Inter (despite the injuries) One thing i do know is he would be very handy for us in the CL were we to qualify and i think he'd like the look of our squad. I talk about him because my friends seem to think theres real substance behind his name on the list and he would be longer term.

He's done a fine job overall has Redknapp but i'd love a manager with some european pedigree and more tactical expertise.

, The replacement issue is an interesting one as we all know its going to happen relatively soon and i agree with your points about a longer term replacement.

In the Tottenham circles that i mix with theres been talk of the "short list" for months now. This list is supposed to be the boards list not the unrealistic fans list with the inevitable JM unrealistically on it! Hughes was never on it thank Christ. Moyes was as was Ancelloti and Coyle. The other name that was on there was one Rafa Benitez.

I'm neither for or against his appointment as i never quite worked him out and found him an enigma. Do you regard him as the guy that manged Liverpool tp, what was it, 86 points?...or the manger that did a God aweful job at Inter (despite the injuries) One thing i do know is he would be very handy for us in the CL were we to qualify and i think he'd like the look of our squad. I talk about him because my friends seem to think theres real substance behind his name on the list and he would be longer term.

He's done a fine job overall has Redknapp but i'd love a manager with some european pedigree and more tactical expertise.

I would like to see Moyes myself and i will say the same old stuff about him, "what could he do with a bit of money to spend",he is still really an unknown quantity in this regard, certainly seems like Sherwood is highly thought of, so it looks like he could be moving up the order.

, The replacement issue is an interesting one as we all know its going to happen relatively soon and i agree with your points about a longer term replacement.

I would like to see Moyes myself and i will say the same old stuff about him, "what could he do with a bit of money to spend",he is still really an unknown quantity in this regard, certainly seems like Sherwood is highly thought of, so it looks like he could be moving up the order.

I know what you mean about Moyes. I think he's a good manager too. However, my worry with him is his lack of european experience which i am sincerely hoping we will need next season. Thats really my only problem with Moyes. To his credit, people tend to talk about what he could do with money but forget about the good players he's also lost. I mean, its not even as if he gets to keep his best players necessarily.

Ironic that Dalglish has all the money and quality at Anfield yet Moyes, i feel the better manager, has nothing at Goodison.

The replacement issue is an interesting one as we all know its going to happen relatively soon and i agree with your points about a longer term replacement.

Well first off the list is Coyle. I dont think he has the experience or track record when set against the other three. It may well turn out to be a very good manager in the end but he has a lot to prove. I just think he got an overrated reputation because he made a pretty flashy start last season. Second off my list would be Benitez. A lot of the love of Benitez is based on the fact he is a Liverpool manager through a bit like Dalglish. And by the way a lot of the dislike by some LFC supporters was based on poor performance at the end of his time and that was simply an inevitable consequence of a lack of money. There are two reasons that I dont think he would work at Spurs. Benitez isnt really interested in anything else but getting to the top and winning and as a consequence he is a high maintenance manager. Secondly, I really like the two man team approach to recruitment - I think Kenny and Commolli work very well together and I also think he kind of works well with Harry and Levy. Benitez and Levy would probably only work well if Levy agreed with him.

I think Spurs are very lucky to have the choice between Ancellotti and Moyes. One of the reasons that Moyes has been so successful is that seems to find young talent or buy underrated players for little and that is a great boost from Spurs. But above all else I would choose him for this reason. Over the last 20 years Moyes has been at 2 clubs Preston North End and Everton. So I believe he is basically a very one sided bet in Spurs favor. If he doesnt work out you will sack him after two years and but if he continues his success, he may managing and building the team for the next 15 years

What I like most about Moyes is he gets his team playing the tactical game exactly the way he wants. Also there are few who dislike him so a decent man manager as well.

Surely Arteta could have left long ago but they don't rush to leave now do they? He's a quality manager mind you Levy probably values him a lot less...as he seems to with most things Evertonian.....biggrin.gif

What I like most about Moyes is he gets his team playing the tactical game exactly the way he wants. Also there are few who dislike him so a decent man manager as well.

Surely Arteta could have left long ago but they don't rush to leave now do they? He's a quality manager mind you Levy probably values him a lot less...as he seems to with most things Evertonian.....biggrin.gif

I see thecase for Moyes. But, simply put, ofcourse he's a good enough manger to manage us, but not experienced enough to manage us in europe if we meet our champions league aspirations.

Edited by carmine

Actually i'm realy not sure about the army of support staff Harry has....Bond, Sherwood, Allen Ferdinand (and <deleted> is Ferdinand doing still employed as the forward coach baring in mind the performance of the strikers last seaon.) Does anyone actually know what Sherwood brings to the table within that little group? If they are so bright how come they didn't threaten to fall on their sword orresign if VDV played right midfield? :D

I see thecase for Moyes. But, simply put, ofcourse he's a good enough manger to manage us, but not experienced enough to manage us in europe if we meet our champions league aspirations.

I reckon he deserves his chance....and is young enough to learn. Also an excellent long term choice which is really what is needed to compete at a high level consistently. Two clubs in 20 years tells you all you need to know.

Ancelotti? Gone in 18 months he would be.....

Well first off the list is Coyle. I dont think he has the experience or track record when set against the other three. It may well turn out to be a very good manager in the end but he has a lot to prove. I just think he got an overrated reputation because he made a pretty flashy start last season. Second off my list would be Benitez. A lot of the love of Benitez is based on the fact he is a Liverpool manager through a bit like Dalglish. And by the way a lot of the dislike by some LFC supporters was based on poor performance at the end of his time and that was simply an inevitable consequence of a lack of money. There are two reasons that I dont think he would work at Spurs. Benitez isnt really interested in anything else but getting to the top and winning and as a consequence he is a high maintenance manager. Secondly, I really like the two man team approach to recruitment - I think Kenny and Commolli work very well together and I also think he kind of works well with Harry and Levy. Benitez and Levy would probably only work well if Levy agreed with him.

I think Spurs are very lucky to have the choice between Ancellotti and Moyes. One of the reasons that Moyes has been so successful is that seems to find young talent or buy underrated players for little and that is a great boost from Spurs. But above all else I would choose him for this reason. Over the last 20 years Moyes has been at 2 clubs Preston North End and Everton. So I believe he is basically a very one sided bet in Spurs favor. If he doesnt work out you will sack him after two years and but if he continues his success, he may managing and building the team for the next 15 years