Tottenham Thread

chonabot

The one finger typist strikea again!

We're £15.5m better off than you Nads and get a player who's pkayed at the top level for club AND country.

Now kindly bore off please. biggrin.png

I think you will find that Zaha has also played for his country.wink.png Not only are you 15 million better off you have bought a load of players that are not doing much as your performances lately are proving clap2.gif How many players have you actually bought since last January's transfer window Smokie???

Apart from the Leeds game i believe our current form is only bettered by your goodselves so please explain the"performances lately" quip

So you have bought him for what position to play that of a Parker,Dembele? or as i know as a Dempsey? I mean you really do not know enough about him to tell your assistant manager what position is his best do you! and the bit better than Wilshere comment i will take as plain sour grapes or wishful thinking cheesy.gif ohh and no need for the nasty name calling is there? Richard.

Fark me Red, i'm going to start charging you for all this football education i am giving you !

A lot of Spurs people would like Dembele to play higher up the position so then Holtby would play def mid, right have you got that 40.gif

When you say as a Dempsey i think you mean as a no.10 or a player to drop off the forward, he could well play as a no.10 but that doesn't make him the same type of player as Dempsey

Another like Dempsey then,just what you need.
it's like saying Rooney ( i'll make it simple for you ) and VDV are the same, both play the same position but are completely different sort of players.

If there's anything else you need to know Red give me a shout although i am a bit busy at the moment 110.gif

Yoonited have spent £17m on a Championship player haven't they? biggrin.png

Yeah but he's going to be a world beater as they all are when they buy them 4.gif

They don't have to be world beaters just have the great team ethic that we generate at United wink.pngAs the most valued sports club in the World we can afford to speculate on youngsters as well as bring the odd few through the ranks......your jealousy is really entertaining for me boys.tongue.png

Arrrh atlastyou agree with me. Yes you can afford to speculate can't you. You can throw silly money away can't you.

In Veron's case yes and in Berbatov's case yes and many others over the years,as to throwing silly money away that can only be judged in time can it not!

And yes again we can afford to speculate on youngsters and world class superstars like RVP ALSO smile.png

So you have bought him for what position to play that of a Parker,Dembele? or as i know as a Dempsey? I mean you really do not know enough about him to tell your assistant manager what position is his best do you! and the bit better than Wilshere comment i will take as plain sour grapes or wishful thinking cheesy.gif ohh and no need for the nasty name calling is there? Richard.

Fark me Red, i'm going to start charging you for all this football education i am giving you !

A lot of Spurs people would like Dembele to play higher up the position so then Holtby would play def mid, right have you got that 40.gif

When you say as a Dempsey i think you mean as a no.10 or a player to drop off the forward, he could well play as a no.10 but that doesn't make him the same type of player as Dempsey

it's like saying Rooney ( i'll make it simple for you ) and VDV are the same, both play the same position but are completely different sort of players.

If there's anything else you need to know Red give me a shout although i am a bit busy at the moment 110.gif

When are you going to build a team that will challenge the big clubs and not just be the also rans? you can answer later don't worry! tongue.png

Can't wait to see this young German lad.

tbh dont know that much about holtby, so did a bit of digging ie u tube, seems he has been playing predominately as an attacking LEFT HAND SIDED midfielder , seems to have quick feet and can finish, his pace is ok, but not bale or lennon rapid. I presume he can also play in the center of the park, i suppose that position will be up 2 him to win. A useful addition to the squad, but not exactly what we need atm IMO. Oh and Veron was a class act., at the time english football demanded central all action midfielders like robson and twinkled toed like gazza, defending midfielders went TOTALLY un appreciated and often slated, it was how many seasons b4 makalale was appreciated and carrick at utd come to that, nah for me veron was a class act, getting the stick that veron took actually said a lot about where English football was at the time, but hey ho

Edited by rijit

When are you going to build a team that will challenge the big clubs and not just be the also rans? you can answer later don't worry! tongue.png

Can't wait to see this young German lad.

Thats a bit of a change of direction, i thought we were talking about Dempsey and Holtby 40.gif

Anyway i will answer your question, we will be challenging yourselves,Man city and the chavs when we have the same sort of money to spend on quality players, common sense really.

Why can't you wait to see the German lad ? obviously he will take 6 months or so too bed in so you might not see the best of him this season, a bit similar to the sushi chef really !

Edited by alfieconn

We can have no complaints about the result. Bale's goal was outstanding....Holtby looks to be technically good and has a bit more vision than most by the short look we had today. BAE had a fair game...Dempsey...well what can we say and as for Defoe....he just needs to be warming the bench really....waiting for his five minutes...but I doubt he could even waste time effectively.

Perhaps that is unfair in conditions like that however he was totally anonymous out there for 89 mins at least.

Did I mention Bale?

At least the other lot drew.

Its so bloody obvious we need a striker isn't it! Defoe's a head down and lump it forward and if he's not in top form he's aweful. Very impressed with Holtby. As smokie says, technically very good and really made an impact. As a matter of interest he had more touches in 19 minutes than Defoe had in the whole game! this looks to be a real transfer coup.

Not impressed with Parker and Dembele very quiet. What the hell was Lloris flapping around at with the first goal. We are so suceptable to leaking goals at the far post. walker seems to get caught out so many times.

Does BAE know he's allowed to pass to our players? His passing at times is pub league. This guy is so frustrating. One minute great skill and composure on the ball, next minute hoof it back to the opposition.

Another missed oppotunity to build a bigger points margin over the very average Arsenal. Leandro Damiao anyone?

Has anyone seen much of Holtby? Plenty of hype but is this young midfielder really that good and what is his best position?

Holtby is a versatile midfielder whose favourite position is just behind a main striker. He can also operate deeper in midfield.

http://www.guardian....gn-lewis-holtby

I know what Red is getting at now, in the 19mins Holtby was on the pitch you could certainly see the similarity between the two of them !

Edited by alfieconn

Its so bloody obvious we need a striker isn't it! Defoe's a head down and lump it forward and if he's not in top form he's aweful. Very impressed with Holtby. As smokie says, technically very good and really made an impact. As a matter of interest he had more touches in 19 minutes than Defoe had in the whole game! this looks to be a real transfer coup.

Not impressed with Parker and Dembele very quiet. What the hell was Lloris flapping around at with the first goal. We are so suceptable to leaking goals at the far post. walker seems to get caught out so many times.

Does BAE know he's allowed to pass to our players? His passing at times is pub league. This guy is so frustrating. One minute great skill and composure on the ball, next minute hoof it back to the opposition.

Another missed oppotunity to build a bigger points margin over the very average Arsenal. Leandro Damiao anyone?

Dembele is so frustrating, as good as he is, has he just doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen, and why is Parker getting nearly twice as many touches as him when Dembele is suppose to the playmaker 17.gif

• Like 1

Dembele is so frustrating, as good as he is, has he just doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen, and why is Parker getting nearly twice as many touches as him when Dembele is suppose to the playmaker 17.gif

One man team! biggrin.png

You'd know all about a one man team 4.gif

You'd know all about a one man team 4.gif

That was easy! tongue.png

Totally agree. When Dembele was alongside Sandro, Sandro would win the ball and immediately pass it on. His jobs done. Parkers three yard square passes don't get us anywhere. Our build up play was hopelessly slow and easy to defend against. i thought Dembele was anonymous in the first half.

BTW, i suppose you've heard Internacional have just bought a like for like striker to Damiao. I suppose i shall be waiting up till midnight in naive expection once again!

We can have no complaints about the result. Bale's goal was outstanding....Holtby looks to be technically good and has a bit more vision than most by the short look we had today. BAE had a fair game...Dempsey...well what can we say and as for Defoe....he just needs to be warming the bench really....waiting for his five minutes...but I doubt he could even waste time effectively.

Perhaps that is unfair in conditions like that however he was totally anonymous out there for 89 mins at least.

Did I mention Bale?

Norwich must be pleased after losing to a conference team in their last game, but I suppose they were stepping down in class.

• Like 2

I'm trying to think of one positive contribution from Defoe last night and failing.

I don't think he managed to hold the ball up even once!

His first half effort was woeful and he looked sluggish right through.

Buy a frigging striker....today!!!

Did I mention Bale?

Norwich must be pleased after losing to a conference team in their last game, but I suppose they were stepping down in class.

Valuable input. Thankscoffee1.gif

Did I mention Bale?

Valuable input. Thankscoffee1.gif

I'm honoured, since you're the expert.

cheesy.gif

I'm trying to think of one positive contribution from Defoe last night and failing.

I don't think he managed to hold the ball up even once!

His first half effort was woeful and he looked sluggish right through.

Buy a frigging striker....today!!!

Tottenham Hotspur manager Andre Villas-Boas has admitted that it’s unlikely the club will sign anymore players in the January transfer window.

http://www.talksport...layers-transfe?

......however......Tottenham have emerged as the late favourites to make the signing of Gary Hooper - news that will come as a bitter blow to Norwich City who had made the striker their top target.

Edited by uptheos

Blah blah....ups....looks like Damiao is the last gasp attempt this time....my bet is we don't sign him unfortunately. sad.png

It was a deal that could never go through in the time frame. South America and 3rd party ownership etc etc

But at least Levy tried, right?

Defoe is playing with an injury, your fingers will be crossed that Adebayor does not injure himself whilst away. I think the surmises on here that Dempsey will be playing as an out and out striker will be true. Or maybe Spurs can introduce a new formation 4-6-0biggrin.png

Blah blah....ups....looks like Damiao is the last gasp attempt this time....my bet is we don't sign him unfortunately. sad.png

It was a deal that could never go through in the time frame. South America and 3rd party ownership etc etc

Defoe is playing with an injury, your fingers will be crossed that Adebayor does not injure himself whilst away. I think the surmises on here that Dempsey will be playing as an out and out striker will be true. Or maybe Spurs can introduce a new formation 4-6-0biggrin.png

I think we are the only team that actually weakened in this window. I think wobbly did a deal to bring Jenas to QPR. Can't see we have a hope in hell of top four now so i feel totally ambivilant about the rest of the season. Adebayor has decided he doesn't want to play for us since he penned his new contract and Defoe is playing with an injury.

Its hard to see Mr Levy's popularity ever being able to recover from this latest let down

• Like 1

I think we are the only team that actually weakened in this window. I think wobbly did a deal to bring Jenas to QPR. Can't see we have a hope in hell of top four now so i feel totally ambivilant about the rest of the season. Adebayor has decided he doesn't want to play for us since he penned his new contract and Defoe is playing with an injury.

Its hard to see Mr Levy's popularity ever being able to recover from this latest let down

Even Danny Graham who has gone to Sunderland for 5 mil has the ability to put the ball in the net and at very least would have been a back up......Spurs have so far failed to put right the weakest link and I hope they don't fall apart like last season.

The only thing Defoe does naturally is long down and sky the ball into the upper tier. Adebayor just doesn't want to play or atleast thats the way it looksblink.png Demsey doesn't have the pace or the height to fill either a defoe or Ade role. Harry Kanes unfit and not ready for the premier league anyway and thats apart from the fact he's on loan to Millwall.

Its totally dire. Alf sumed it up nicely...if Levy was offered Ronaldo for one million he try and knock Madrid down to 800000.

baring in mind our league position and realistic chance of qualifying in the top four and the financial gains offered by the champions league i think Levy's been totally irresponsible. I'm sure some person will come on here talking the usual <deleted> but thats my opinion regardless

Edited by carmine

So let's have a bit of fun. What odds do you give teams now at qualifying for the CL. Without bull please and on current form with no assumptions about unknown injuries. I'd go:

Man U 99%

Man City 90%

Chelsea 60%

Everton 40%

Spurs 35%

Arsenal 35%

Liverpool 35%

Swansea 25%

Other 10%

I'm sure some clever dick will do some calculations and say that combination is statistically impossible but lets ignore that.

So let's have a bit of fun. What odds do you give teams now at qualifying for the CL. Without bull please and on current form with no assumptions about unknown injuries. I'd go:

Man U 99%

Man City 90%

Chelsea 60%

Everton 40%

Spurs 35%

Arsenal 35%

Liverpool 35%

Swansea 25%

Other 10%

I'm sure some clever dick will do some calculations and say that combination is statistically impossible but lets ignore that.

Abrak would have exploded with excitement reading this post of yours!

I'll bite anyway. Utd and City are 100% West Ham 99% Chelsea 80% Le Arse 70% Liverpool 40% Everton 40% Spurs 35%

Perhaps you would be kind enough to lend us one of your strikers......

Edited by carmine