Tottenham Thread

chonabot

So what's the Chairman's master plan?

- Sell Bale for 50 million in the summer

- Buy in a couple of cheapo strikers (has-beens, as yet unproven kids or players nursing chronic injuries)

- Pocket the difference and cross your fingers for another year.

Much will depend on our position in May. If we don't make the CL Bale might well want to leave.

To be fair smokes, i can't really see us making the top 4 as our luck has to run out sometime !

neither can I

We will be top four. Keep the faith. smile.png

yeah 4 sure smokes smile.png

but as 4 bale, there are how many teams that can afford him or he'd want to play 4?, paris s. g. maybe,real. barca, man utd, man city, bayern munich, juventus as said b4 cant see us selling to utd or city,cant c him going to italy or barca, so that leaves paris and they would have to cover him in gold to play in that atmosphere less league so 4 me that leaves Real or munich, can u c him playing in the same team as ronaldo? I cant, tbh imo they primarily do the same thing cut in mainly from the left and wander where they feel the need to go, maybe a touch 2 similar? and that leaves bayern !!!! we will c

Edited by rijit

but as 4 bale, there are how many teams that can afford him or he'd want to play 4?, paris s. g. maybe,real. barca, man utd, man city, bayern munich, juventus as said b4 cant see us selling to utd or city,cant c him going to italy or barca, so that leaves paris and they would have to cover him in gold to play in that atmosphere less league so 4 me that leaves Real or munich, can u c him playing in the same team as ronaldo? I cant, tbh imo they primarily do the same thing cut in mainly from the left and wander where they feel the need to go, maybe a touch 2 similar? and that leaves bayern !!!! we will c

Quit with the phonetic stuff rij....speak English man!

Bale is Spurs....simples! smile.png

I think the move to Real goes in tandem with Ronaldo moving more central which they have done before to good effect. I agree it certainly wouldn't be for them to play like for like! Could Ronaldo move back to the premier league? Who knows the madness of a club like Madrid who are quite happy to have 30m benchwarmers and sack managers who have just won the league! There is also the upcoming elections at Real and florentino Perez is said to be looking to make a marquee signing to please to fans and get re elected.

if we qualify for CL which is unlikely thanks largely to Levy we could have kept Bale for another season i reckon we could have kept him one more season with a nice transfer agreement in place similar to Utd and Ronaldo going to Madrid.

ESPN gossip has Guardiola targeting Bale. Exit Ribery and/or Robben ?

old news !!!!

Maybe for you alfie but I don't remember anyone else posting anything about it.

Sorry bj, i didn't realize that every bit of new news that comes out has to be posted on here 13.gif, besides

If we posted every rumour that came out about Spurs, we'd be on here all today 110.gif

ESPN gossip has Guardiola targeting Bale. Exit Ribery and/or Robben ?

old news !!!!

Maybe for you alfie but I don't remember anyone else posting anything about it.

Sorry bj, i didn't realize that every bit of new news that comes out has to be posted on here 13.gif, besides

If we posted every rumour that came out about Spurs, we'd be on here all today 110.gif

Alfie, this is a forum where we talk about football and things associated. If every time somebody posted something, someone else posted "old news" it would soon get dull in here. As I say, it might have been old news for you but not for everyone.

As far as Bale is concerned, I can't think of a player that Spurs could buy, or who would want to go to Spurs and would be an ideal replacement or close. At the moment, I'm afraid Bale is irreplaceable and Spurs should try their hardest to keep one of the worlds great talents.

• Like 1

I think the move to Real goes in tandem with Ronaldo moving more central which they have done before to good effect. I agree it certainly wouldn't be for them to play like for like! Could Ronaldo move back to the premier league? Who knows the madness of a club like Madrid who are quite happy to have 30m benchwarmers and sack managers who have just won the league! There is also the upcoming elections at Real and florentino Perez is said to be looking to make a marquee signing to please to fans and get re elected.

if we qualify for CL which is unlikely thanks largely to Levy we could have kept Bale for another season i reckon we could have kept him one more season with a nice transfer agreement in place similar to Utd and Ronaldo going to Madrid.

I think the 2 striker thing, this is not 100 %correct and hard to substantiate, but, imo its a sort of side effect of us building a new stadium.And it almost harks bac to my argument,slated by all on here, that the stadium is late, basically what i was saying was that the team/squad was ready now (then) 4 the champs lge and with a couple of tweeks a serious pop at the prem title, who knows what condition the squad will be in 2years? time when the stadium is ready. making 4 me the stadium late, whether it will be 2 late remains to be seen, but i dont see vb having an easy time maintaining where we are atm tbh..the players he likes and knows will make a difference seem not 2 b cheap and will we stump up 4 them?, Mmm recent history says not and with the bills 4 the new stadium no doubt pouring in !!!!!

Anyway Agreed with us qualifying for the champs lge and bale staying 4 another season go hand in hand, but i cant see ronaldo being as effective in strictly a central role, part of his effectiveness is, like bale, he wanders, but as you say the internal politics at madrid have almost as big a say as what happens on the park.and prior 2 an election a marquee signing works 4 them 4 sure.. But given the election can u them wanting to tinker with their STAR act, we will see, but . saying that If it weren't 4 the elections i could almost see a 'working deal' where ronaldo was outed to psg? 4 80 ish? and bale being 5 years younger brought in as replacement 4 50? anyway if there is gonna be a deal lets hope the clubs handle the pr/media side of it better than they did with the modric saga.

Edited by rijit

If Spurs get into the top four, I hope and think it might be possible to persuade Bale to stay, with the promise of strengthening the team with a few serious signings. Their money will be recuperated, especially if they manage to do well. At the moment a Spurs without Bale is incomplete.

If Spurs get into the top four, I hope and think it might be possible to persuade Bale to stay, with the promise of strengthening the team with a few serious signings. Their money will be recuperated, especially if they manage to do well. At the moment a Spurs without Bale is incomplete.

I know keep the faith smile.png Tbh i cant see us staying in the top four, you only have to look at the fuc_king stupid decision 2 run with the 2strikers and then put that with the depth of the rest our squad and compare it with our competition 4 that 4 spot 2 see it isnt seriousely competative. Were not there yet, but imo were in danger of being just another one of those teams that 'if' we field our first choise 11 were competetive if not!!!! well, lets hope it doesnt happen. Oh and an interesting one in the guardian 2 day,totally irelevant really , but it sort of backs that arguement up !!! if u took bales goals out, we'd be 10th.

Edited by rijit

I know keep the faith smile.png Tbh i cant see us staying in the top four, you only have to look at the fuc_king stupid decision 2 run with the 2strikers and then put that with the depth of the rest our squad and compare it with our competition 4 that 4 spot 2 see it isnt seriousely competative. Were not there yet, but imo were in danger of being just another one of those teams that 'if' we field our first choise 11 were competetive if not!!!! well, lets hope it doesnt happen. Oh and an interesting one in the guardian 2 day,totally irelevant really , but it sort of backs that arguement up !!! if u took bales goals out, we'd be 10th.

I disagree with you there rij. In my opinion the squad strength is better than its been for a long while, what we are lacking is a bit of creativity in the middle, which may be solved by Holtby...too early to say as yet....and a real threatening quality striker.

Other areas could be stronger but that will do for now. biggrin.png

well that brightened up my day, not that i like the munchen mob that much (i think oliver kahn took great uncle willie prisoner at nijmegan), but certainly i enjoyed the result.

dad liked bert trautmann, but he like me thought oliver kahn had some secrets.

I disagree with you there rij. In my opinion the squad strength is better than its been for a long while, what we are lacking is a bit of creativity in the middle, which may be solved by Holtby...too early to say as yet....and a real threatening quality striker.

Other areas could be stronger but that will do for now. biggrin.png

He's right to a point Smokie. Levy/AVB have very stupidly imho loaned out Falgue and Townsend so we have left ourselves no cover on either winger. Maybe Townsend had to be included in the Jenas deal to QPR and i know Levy was desperate to offload him but including Townsend was too high a price to pay just to get Jenas off the books. Falque was looking really good aswell and you would think that maybe Bale might need resting so again i don't that one either.

Bentley was arguably a total waste of space and i don't blame them offing him if they could find anyone stupid enough to take gel boy.

Then ofcourse there was the arguement that we were trimming the squad to lower the wage bill to afford a striker!! Nuff said on that!

Edited by carmine

Big test for us tonight, the one goal leads handy, but is it enough ? I wont be moaning 2 much if its another bale show, but,,,,,,, maybe time 4 someone else 2 step up and deliver. addeyboy!!!!!! mind u lennons been puting in some sharp displays, time 4 him 2 collect a few more plaudits.?. optimistic? ...... not so sure, tbh they are a good champ lge team,,, so we will have to be right on the button, not impossible,,,,,, But

And if you took van Persies goals away from Man United they would be 6th.

I know you acknowledge that it is irrelevant but quoting this garbage just encourages them to come up with more.

As we wait for the Spurs west ham game on monday - this is quite good.

Spurs on Tv and thai bars - great combination - http://thailottery-westham-spurs.blogspot.com

nice night for a happyfarang for sure,a bouncy but quiet farm girl sitting nearby, the spurs hopefully winning, up 3 nil in the first 20, so you can relax.

for me its a cup of coffee, a hard working mia off to bed early, but hopefully the same result, coys

And if you took van Persies goals away from Man United they would be 6th.

I know you acknowledge that it is irrelevant but quoting this garbage just encourages them to come up with more.

Have a little think pal and go and do a little research b4 u open your gob, and in your opinion its garbage, that's a whole heap different from it actually being garbage, but yeah vp's their cream on the cake but without doing much imagining, much i'd e lay money that utds squad would v nearly if not totally make up the shortfall, would ours? personally i doubt it, eg 3rd of the bench 2 nite was who?and who's gonna play wide if bale or lennon gets injured or if adeboy gets a knock? parker could be replaced or one more midfielder could be replaced JUST , but improved , i think not, as i said b4 do some research b4 you open your gob, like it or not our squad is in danger of becoming paper thin

Once again a lacklustre team performance is saved by a piece of individual brilliance. We did i think deserve it on the balance of play over the two legs but our luck of creativity of worrying. Brilliant to go through but our weaknesses are obvious.

We are still great when were breaking forward with pace but our slow build up play is very dull and unimaginative. Too many cross field passing, no creativity no movement, totally static and relatively easy to defend against. I believe i'm right in saying we have the least amount of shots on goal of all the remaining teams in the competition.

The previously impeccable Brad is also finding that its very hard to be expected to just come off the bench with little or no match practice and perform at top level. Add to that constantly changing center back combo's and i think we are making life very difficult for ourselves

Taking off Lennon and playing a number 10 as his replacement reminded me of the fact we have left ourselves no cover on the wings. Ineffective up top reminded me we have no cover upfront and no creativity reminded me that Levy banked the Modric cash and never replaced him!

Good win despite and an interesting tie against Inter.

Reports are that Defoe might be back in contention on monday

The last sentence gives a little hope at least.

I'm not sure it gives us hope but it does give us back up.

Don't really care who plays on monday night i just want us to stick it to Wet Spam big time. I really hoping the behaviour of their fans gives us a huge incentive to really put one on them.

i think the march fixtures will define our season. If we can teach Defoe to keep his shooting below head height then his so called "natural goal scoring instincts" might actually be a bonus. Its still Adebayor first choice for me regardless. last night, even though he was relatively average he provided what should have been two assists as opposed to Defoe that offers zilch if he's not scoring

Edited by carmine

euphoria over and down to brass tacks,last night!!, difficult against a team that after scoring decided to sit behind the ball, and tbh they did it really well, making life difficult just to pass, let alone penetrate. However, we do lack that threat as has already been done on here

think the negs have been done so onto the plus's VB A huge BIG UP to the geezer, he's turned a neg into a positive were now winning games in the last 10 mins 3 games 3 wins with late goals and IMO its almost 100% down 2 him. Oh a couple of things i've read, defoes bac in training this week, is that ready for the team?

not sure,and the other one was Porto have bought all the rights 2 mutinho, which would make a deal easierbut knowing porto not necessarily cheaper. Next up wet spam, would serio luv to give them a battering!!

Edited by rijit