Tottenham Thread

chonabot

euphoria over and down to brass tacks,last night!!, difficult against a team that after scoring decided to sit behind the ball, and tbh they did it really well, making life difficult just to pass, let alone penetrate. However, we do lack that threat as has already been done on here

think the negs have been done so onto the plus's VB A huge BIG UP to the geezer, he's turned a neg into a positive were now winning games in the last 10 mins 3 games 3 wins with late goals and IMO its almost 100% down 2 him. Oh a couple of things i've read, defoes bac in training this week, is that ready for the team?

not sure,and the other one was Porto have bought all the rights 2 mutinho, which would make a deal easierbut knowing porto not necessarily cheaper. Next up wet spam, would serio luv to give them a battering!!

The rights were bought up in Jan, we didn't buy him then, so it looks like it won't ever happen ! besides i can't see Tight Wad paying 20 odd million for anyone, even Messi !

Edited by alfieconn

euphoria over and down to brass tacks,last night!!, difficult against a team that after scoring decided to sit behind the ball, and tbh they did it really well, making life difficult just to pass, let alone penetrate. However, we do lack that threat as has already been done on here

think the negs have been done so onto the plus's VB A huge BIG UP to the geezer, he's turned a neg into a positive were now winning games in the last 10 mins 3 games 3 wins with late goals and IMO its almost 100% down 2 him. Oh a couple of things i've read, defoes bac in training this week, is that ready for the team?

not sure,and the other one was Porto have bought all the rights 2 mutinho, which would make a deal easierbut knowing porto not necessarily cheaper. Next up wet spam, would serio luv to give them a battering!!

Good point about AVB. He really has done an excellent job turning round that last fifteen minute capitulation.

He should also be given credit for turning us into a team that win's albeit playing fancy or not so.

On a last point, i believe the understanding with Friedal was that he would reliquish his no1 spot but play in all our cup games. Be it that we are only in the europa and the games are few and far between do you think its fair on him or good for the team to expect a guy without hardly any first team game time to come in and perfprm at the top level and with what seems to be an ever changing center back pairing?

I've rightly or wrongly come to the conclusion that AVB doesn't consider center backs building up gametime/understanding to be an issue. His methodology is "you know your job, i think you are good enough, so just play." Don't really know if i agree or disagree but i strongly disagree playing two left footers as he's done before.

I also think he should have started with Naughton instead of walker against Lyon. naughtons a better defender and certainly should have come on when Walker was on a yellow.

The rights were bought up in Jan, we didn't buy him then, so it looks like it won't ever happen ! besides i can't see Tight Wad paying 20 odd million for anyone, even Messi !

he would try and barter Barcelona down to 15m.

15 quid !!!!!

15 quid !!!!!

If you can't do a deal with one of your affiliate clubs (internacional and Real Madrid <deleted>) for an international striker then who can you do a deal with? That derisory offer put forward by Levy two years ago will come back to haunt us. thats apart from the fact Damiao's worth an aweful lot more now.

Maybe he'll go and get a couple more cut price number 10's....I can see our next striker being someone like Hooper from Celtic and him being incredibly average

I'm sitting in a pub on Peter St, Nads....where are yiz all?? biggrin.png

Just about to leave work. Maybe go to the pub later for the 6 nations. No real football matches on until tomorrow biggrin.png

what time do England egg off?

yeah it difficult one with freidal, tbh, i was surprised he signed on again , but saying that he's better than cuda'cine and the loaned gomez

so yeah he deserves tbh 2 nd choice, fair? is it ever fair for a good player 2 b on the bench, as 4 playing the cup games, again difficult either that or NO games, which is preferable? i'de go cup games, but the question and answer seems 2 b come more pertinent, it aint really, but it feels so as the team progress's on and the importance of the games mount. And as for the c/b thingy, vb seemed 2 b v much on a learning curve with our c/bs and now imo he's found the current peckin order,and now he's established a larger unit ie 4/5 cbs ALL used 2 playin with each other, which in the greater picture 4 me has 2 go down as sound thinking.

15 quid !!!!!

If you can't do a deal with one of your affiliate clubs (internacional and Real Madrid <deleted>) for an international striker then who can you do a deal with? That derisory offer put forward by Levy two years ago will come back to haunt us. thats apart from the fact Damiao's worth an aweful lot more now.

Maybe he'll go and get a couple more cut price number 10's....I can see our next striker being someone like Hooper from Celtic and him being incredibly average

yep I can see that happening as well, lets just hope were wrong.

Edited by rijit

yeah it difficult one with freidal, tbh, i was surprised he signed on again , but saying that he's better than cuda'cine and the loaned gomez

so yeah he deserves tbh 2 nd choice, fair? is it ever fair for a good player 2 b on the bench, as 4 playing the cup games, again difficult either that or NO games, which is preferable? i'de go cup games, but the question and answer seems 2 b come more pertinent, it aint really, but it feels so as the team progress's on and the importance of the games mount. And as for the c/b thingy, vb seemed 2 b v much on a learning curve with our c/bs and now imo he's found the current peckin order,and now he's established a larger unit ie 4/5 cbs ALL used 2 playin with each other, which in the greater picture 4 me has 2 go down as sound thinking.

If that is his thinking regards the center backs then i can see a logic. For a start they are all getting game time so there not rusty. Looks like Kaboul will be back playing in about three weeks so we'll be boasting an excellent defence of Lloris BAE, Vertonghen, Kaboul, Walker. I just wish he's choose Naughton more over Walker for the more defensive minded games. Walker is constantly being caught out at the far post by crosses from the right. Naughton may not have his speed but he's a much better defender.

Can't see Gallas playing next season but it appears Dawson is to be given a new contract which is good news. We'll have four center backs two right, two left, two right backs and two on the left with Rose returning from S'land. Don't know about anyone else but i'm happy if Brad stays as no 2 so thats covered.

Bottom line is were still a very good side short of a striker and a Moutinho! with only our tight wad chairman not seeing this.

yeah with bale and lennon down the flanks were a pretty formidable team, just as you say were a touch short in a couple of areas, and when bale leaves as we all know he's gonna, and real madrid commercial allegiance cheesy.gif yeah yeah yeah, tbh imo, that was just a face saver for levy, cos as much as argued pro us @ the time and didnt like it tbh I knew they got the better of him/us in that deal, bales goals r gonna be a huge miss, irreplaceable? were missing modric and he wasn't exactly chipping in with any goals, bale has won us/been the difference 4 ?? many games this season, and comin on 31 cant c defoe steppin in with bales goals , personally i said b4, I reckon we missed one in sturridge, we should have outed defoe and brought him in. would have cost us what 4 mil?5 max and he's of exactly the same ilk as defoe, but better imo, and loads younger, as 4 the Brazilian lad and the mutts from porto, with the stad bills no doubt escalating big money signings will probably have to wait, and we;'ll probably b taking a few chances on stocking fillers like as u said the celtic boy, dont like the thought of it as its defo a step backwards, but as u said its almost inevitable.

I know what you mean about Gallas especially as vb has said we wont be running with 5 c/bs next season, but he's quite handy to have around as he can play left or right, but at 36 i'm sure he will be needing/wanting to to play, rather than bench at the best. But as 4 verity, class as he is at bringing the ball out, I'm not so sure he's the greatest defender, but lets hope its 1 st season adaption time, poor as caulkers been i'm 50/50 on the pair of them atm, lets hope with asseo getting into his stride he can bring some stability on the lhs of defense for as much as your right about naughton being a better defender than walker, him playing regularly down the left, his wrong side he was getting exposed far 2 easily and not making life easy 4 our lhs c/bs. I wonder what rose is going 2 b like when he returns?, if he steps on like walker and caulker did it would be a huge plus. As for townsend i think he needs 2 maybe 3 years of regular 1 st team footie b4 he will MAKE A DIFFERENCE at the level we need, reminds me a bit of where etherington was at when he was with us, no doubt talented but NOT anywhere near the finished article. atm can only see him, at best, being a fringe player.

Edited by rijit

You guys should be up to third later today/tomorrow. Feeling confident?

No not confident but after the disappointment of last season i'm hoping that the players are aware of the importance of finishing third. Manchester Utd are not out of the CL and in a reasonable position to take out Madrid. Barcelona are very vulnerable and i'm sure your players are thinking the same too. Fourth place might well not be good enough again

What we need is to beat West Ham and then Arsenal, who are piss poor lets face it. Then our game at stamford bridge becomes very interesting doesn't it. despite the result yesterday i think City can be caught too and we them at WHL next month. Second, third and fourth are up for grabs

dont know if anyone saw the milan derby last night,i saw mainly the first halfand bits of the second but 4 the 1st half the r/h/s of inters defense was an absolute joke, i'm sure if bale was watching he'd be rubbing his hands with glee!!! but saying that milans keeper,Handanovic, best i've seen this season.

Edited by rijit