Tottenham Thread

chonabot

excuse the lack of straightness, probably worth straightening it and even getting printed ?? most of the most important players signed.

Dennis Rofe was a wonderful left back, went to Leicester and Mancini went to QPR and Arsenal.

Boy oh boy, where did the time go?

yeah, i forgot even mancine was young once, weird to think of him as a hairdresser !!!!! yeah and rofey was part of a really good leicester team, shame just read that goodard pasted away @ 58 in 2007 always thought he was a better goalkeeper than his career suggested, where did taylor play , west ham wasnt it ?

Ray Goddard was an excellent keeper, that's sad to hear at only 58. Taylor went to West ham and came back, forget when. 'Henry' Mancini was a good centre half. You're making me all nostalgic......when I was young I lived for The O's, went up to division one as runners up to Liverpool in 1962........the rest is history.

excuse the lack of straightness, probably worth straightening it and even getting printed ?? most of the most important players signed.

Dennis Rofe was a wonderful left back, went to Leicester and Mancini went to QPR and Arsenal.

Boy oh boy, where did the time go?

yeah, i forgot even mancine was young once, weird to think of him as a hairdresser !!!!! yeah and rofey was part of a really good leicester team, shame just read that goodard pasted away @ 58 in 2007 always thought he was a better goalkeeper than his career suggested, where did taylor play , west ham wasnt it ?

Ray Goddard was an excellent keeper, that's sad to hear at only 58. Taylor went to West ham and came back, forget when. 'Henry' Mancini was a good centre half. You're making me all nostalgic......when I was young I lived for The O's, went up to division one as runners up to Liverpool in 1962........the rest is history.

yeah that picture was from shoot in about 67? and was signed at a torquay game from div 3.and here's another one that'll make you smile

post-75625-0-44235200-1375804732_thumb.j

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

yeah that picture was from shoot in about 67? and was signed at a torquay game from div 3.and here's another one that'll make you smile

Posted Image004.jpg

'Henry' was a lad. Posted Image

and last but not least

Posted Image005.jpg

Posted Image006.jpg

Some real stars in that O's team......can't say the same for Spurs. Posted Image

Ok Ups, you've convinced me. Start an O thread and I'll pop along once a week for a looksie..... No, better than that I'll subscribe. Then you and the mad Jock can have private huddles together.

Bernard possibly resurfacing? Picture here puts him at the Hilton in Park Lane apparently.

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2013/08/arsenal-and-spurs-target-bernard-is-in-london/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29

Other reports suggest he was on his way to Ukraine to look over facilities at Shakhtar Donetsk. Cannot see a Brazilian comfortably settling in Ukraine. So is it ARSEnal or the Lane?

He won't be coming ian, the crystal ball ses so thumbsup.gif

'Mad Jock' sounds a bit discriminatory, whoever he or she is. Posted Image

Not meant to be discriminatory at all.... I used to work in Glasgow a good few years back, (before it went all yuppie), some of my best friends live North of the border, and of course HRH Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother was also Scottish - God Bless Her.

For some reason I thought Rijit was Scottish; Apologies (again) if I have made another terrible blunder!

Bernard possibly resurfacing? Picture here puts him at the Hilton in Park Lane apparently.

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2013/08/arsenal-and-spurs-target-bernard-is-in-london/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29

Other reports suggest he was on his way to Ukraine to look over facilities at Shakhtar Donetsk. Cannot see a Brazilian comfortably settling in Ukraine. So is it ARSEnal or the Lane?

He won't be coming ian, the crystal ball ses so Posted Image

Must be the Emirates then.... Just can't see him being attracted to the Ukraine somehow. Shame.

He won't be coming ian, the crystal ball ses so thumbsup.gif

Must be the Emirates then.... Just can't see him being attracted to the Ukraine somehow. Shame.

That was Mystics crystal ball by the way !

'Mad Jock' sounds a bit discriminatory, whoever he or she is. unsure.png

For some reason I thought Rijit was Scottish; Apologies (again) if I have made another terrible blunder!

I'm not sure if you are apologising for calling him Scottish or mad?

Either way, your apologies should go to him, not me.

'Mad Jock' sounds a bit discriminatory, whoever he or she is. unsure.png

I'm not sure if you are apologising for calling him Scottish or mad?

Either way, your apologies should go to him, not me.

Or to me. whistling.gifwhistling.gif

laugh.png

Well ..... i've not be marched down to the headmasters office ..... yet..... Seems all is ok on the Jock front after all.

Don't bet on it. rolleyes.gif

Why don't you start a England v Scotland thread for next week's game and we'll see Ian.....whistling.gif

Edited by smokie36

...and I'm going to be Marketing & Publicity agent for ups team out here in the Orient.

gotta be an opportunity, even if its just a few jellied eel carts.

If you can get a few of them beers I'm in!

Really good to see such an interest from Lilywhite's and guests to keep talking about the O's. Thanks a lot for your generosity in letting us be a part of the newly formed Spurs/O's thread. wai.gif

Good away win for the O's last Saturday Carlisle 1-5 and 3-2 home win against Coventry last night.....COYO biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

the only o's supporter I know was the chief financial officer for a company I worked for in London.

He would make Mr Levy look like a .....well, a very generous person with exceptional vision.

all the best ups. At least it's a London team.

Ian, you seem quite a pleasant guy and i've tried to made my point , but EFFECTIVELY your replies were to come out with

something bout bookie's, which annoyed someone, bottom ine CRAP, then something about bernard joining us because

Brazilians couldn't settle in russia !! bottom line CRAP, then something about some press conference u'de imagined,

bottom line again CRAP, it was good to have the link 4 sandro's interview, cos I could choose to ignore or read it. But really Ian, you dont have to regurgitate every piece of Tottenham tittle tattle 4 us on here, to feel your part of the thread!! your welcome, your a tottenham fan that's enuf,and your OPINIONS are welcome, just stop subjecting us to all this totally speculative bullshit it's irritating, all to often its wrong and besides that everybody on here knows where to access it IF THEY WANT TO .thumbsup.gif

About time we got back to some serious Spurs stuff me thinks thumbsup.gif anyway i'm a bit concerned about the centre half situation, can't really see us buying an experienced centre half before the season starts, so who the fark plays in the first game ? Ok avb didn't want Caulker for the long term but short term surely he would have been better than nothing.

Also his ideas of having a ball playing more mobile centre halfs worry me, ok looks all nice but sometimes you need an old fashioned type to counteract some teams such as Stoke, Everton etc, unless he plans to bring in Dawson for them sort of teams !

Edited by alfieconn

yeah, i was thinking the same alfie, maybe even get a 'golden oldie' in like gallas but 3/'4 years younger? but thinking again aging old school, dont work well with vb's high line back, our last target has apparently said he prefers italy, so lets hope we've got some irons in the fire, cos with the kaboul and verity situ, things are looking far from good.