Tottenham Thread

chonabot

How come you lot sold caulker? Always liked the look of him.

I don't think he was mobile enough for AVB, have a look at 2.24 on this clip

I agree Alfie, far from the finished article, but likely to do well mid table if Cardiff can make their success stick. Hope they do, I have happy memories of Ninian Park; John Toshak, Alan Warboys and Leighton Phillips and others.

I don't think he was mobile enough for AVB, have a look at 2.24 on this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blyhZaBeM9I

I agree Alfie, far from the finished article, but likely to do well mid table if Cardiff can make their success stick. Hope they do, I have happy memories of Ninian Park; John Toshak, Alan Warboys and Leighton Phillips and others.

I predict lots of trouble at Cardiff this season....I hope I'm wrong but those fans have a rep that cannot be denied....Singher is prolly polishing off his duster as we speak. whistling.gif

I don't think he was mobile enough for AVB, have a look at 2.24 on this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blyhZaBeM9I

yeah agreed he was a threat at set pieces and with games he's a good enuf 'old style' c/b but the pace and mobilty u need for vb's higher line just aint there ATM, dawson struggles,, but caulker, well just best he left really,didnt seem to b doing his game and/or confidence any good, shame really. .

One that i believe we will live to regret. Big big mistake. I don't think we handled him right. I believe he will mature to be a top quality player. He kept being pulled in and then rotated, always playing with a different center back pairing and i don't think thats the best way to bring a youngster through. A couple of seasons playing alongside Ledley were there the chance and caulker would have been special but i still think he will be.

Yeah good summary no doubts he could well develop in to a top draw c/b, only thing slightly against that MAYBE, is his lack of pace, but timing and experience can sometimes compensate for that. And always a shame when you see a youth product walk as well

Bearing carms summary out is his year at Swansea where he had one older and more expirenced partner and had an excellent season, you could say went from boy to man!!!!

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

One of the best buys in the transfer window Caulker,don't know why Swansea never went back for him instead letting there biggest rivals get him.

He reminds me a lot of what is happening with Smalling at United,both decent young internationals.

One of the best buys in the transfer window Caulker,don't know why Swansea never went back for him instead letting there biggest rivals get him.

He reminds me a lot of what is happening with Smalling at United,both decent young internationals.

yeah,i often wondered whether swansea were gonna come bac in for him, probably, the price was a bit strong for them at the time, and wondered whether rodgers would have come in for him when it was speculated liverpool were looking for a c/b. See where ure coming from with the smalling comparison, but smallings a lot lot quicker than caulker, for eg you can happily play him at full bac but caulker, no way, i f you like its his one weakness, which tbh, cost him at spurs, , look at the vid ian put up, that shows it well. Maybe time and experience will help in him in that dept though

Edited by rijit

yeah,i often wondered whether swansea were gonna come bac in for him, probably, the price was a bit strong for them at the time, and wondered whether rodgers would have come in for him when it was speculated liverpool were looking for a c/b. See where ure coming from with the smalling comparison, but smallings a lot lot quicker than caulker, for eg you can happily play him at full bac but caulker, no way, i f you like its his one weakness, which tbh, cost him at spurs, , look at the vid ian put up, that shows it well. Maybe time and experience will help in him in that dept though

Rodgers had him for a season at Swansea, Liverpool are looking at buying another centre half, Caulker went for 8m to Cardiff, so why didn't Liverpool buy him ? i can think of one reason !

Rodgers had him for a season at Swansea, Liverpool are looking at buying another centre half, Caulker went for 8m to Cardiff, so why didn't Liverpool buy him ? i can think of one reason !

thats a fair point Alfie and AVB has certainly had enough time to watch him in training. I suppose time will tell but i still think we cut him to early to help finance another transfer.

thats a fair point Alfie and AVB has certainly had enough time to watch him in training. I suppose time will tell but i still think we cut him to early to help finance another transfer.

Like i said in an earlier post,in my book you need one old fasioned type of centre half so perhaps he would have been better than Dawson for that.

Like i said in an earlier post,in my book you need one old fasioned type of centre half so perhaps he would have been better than Dawson for that.

I didn't know you wrote a book mate. coffee1.gif

I didn't know you wrote a book mate. coffee1.gif

Yes i have but a very short one,in fact all it said was

you need one old fasioned type of centre half so perhaps he would have been better than Dawson for that.

The bookies now have Bale at 13/8 to stay.

My how things change. laugh.png

Perhaps they ran a credit check on Real Madridfacepalm.gif

He's still 1/2 on to move, but you are absolutely right things appear to be changing. I guess RM thought they could tempt Spurs with two players, but didn't count on them buying players of their choice elsewhere. Now they are faced with paying a lot more than they anticipated and they could be getting cold feet.

The bookies now have Bale at 13/8 to stay.

My how things change. laugh.png

Perhaps they ran a credit check on Real Madridfacepalm.gif

He's still 1/2 on to move, but you are absolutely right things appear to be changing. I guess RM thought they could tempt Spurs with two players, but didn't count on them buying players of their choice elsewhere. Now they are faced with paying a lot more than they anticipated and they could be getting cold feet.

Nope...Madrid tried to unsettle our player and get him to do a Modric....for which they should really be facing sanctions.

But there you go...they get away with anything that slimy lot.

Now they can just enjoy the embarrassment of not in fact being able to afford him.

Seems we have dynamo Tbilisi in the play offs for the Europa..... Seems straight forward enough. Hope AVB is going to play the reserves for these matches.... As much as possible

Europa League play-off draw

FC Kuban Krasnodar v Feyenoord and FC Dinamo Tbilisi v Tottenham Hotspur FC are among the pick of the UEFA Europa League play-off round ties.

Wow,probably as tough a draw as the comp could have thrown up , for ease of progression early doors in the comp, could, maybe, have hoped for someone maybe little less significant?.still team wise be interesting to see how vb handles it.

edit, seems weird/harsh us getting 2 where we did last year and still having to qualify?

Edited by rijit

Wow,probably as tough a draw as the comp could have thrown up , for ease of progression early doors in the comp, could, maybe, have hoped for someone maybe little less significant?.still team wise be interesting to see how vb handles it.

edit, seems weird/harsh us getting 2 where we did last year and still having to qualify?

Come on rij...they are ranked around 230 in the euro club rankings,Shamrock Rovers are rated higher,they have never been significant at all.

Easy draw.