chonabot

This might well be the team he puts out tonight :

Lloris

Walker - kaboul - dawson - rose

Dembele - paulinho

Lennon - gylfi -.chadli

Soldado

Perhaps Capoue instead of Gylfi !

If he wants to see the best of Gylfi thats where to play him.

Personally i'd rather see Sandro and Paulinho first half, maybe swopping Sndro for Capoue second half.

I would also like to see Dembele playing further up behind Soldado.

Nice to have options isn't it

Lloris

Dembele - paulinho

Lennon - gylfi -.chadli

Soldado

Personally i'd rather see Sandro and Paulinho first half, maybe swopping Sndro for Capoue second half.

Iv'e only put Gylfi or Capoue in because of Sandro not being fit, i would imagine if Capoue or Sandro play it will be instead of Gylfi with Dembele the furthest forward out of the midfield 3.

Lloris

Dembele - paulinho

Lennon - gylfi -.chadli

Soldado

Iv'e only put Gylfi or Capoue in because of Sandro not being fit, i would imagine if Capoue or Sandro play it will be instead of Gylfi with Dembele the furthest forward out of the midfield 3.

Alfie are you trying to sound acknowledgeable facepalm.gifblink.pngw00t.gif

That would be dangerous biggrin.png

BT coffee1.gif

Lloris

Dembele - paulinho

Lennon - gylfi -.chadli

Soldado

I wouldn't be surprised if Townsend gets the nod today....we shall see eh?

As carms said....AVB has lots of options in attack.

Lloris

Dembele - paulinho

Lennon - gylfi -.chadli

Soldado

Indeed the depth we have now is brilliant and you won't be far wrong with your suggested team Alfie. I expect to see Capoue off the bench if we are comfortably ahead. I think Chadli needs more time and will be on the bench. I thought Sandro was OK? Maybe I missed some news.... Been off line. Townsend would be my choice over Gylfi.

Need to hit em hard and secure points early on, then we can test and adjust. COYS

Lloris

Dembele - paulinho

Lennon - gylfi -.chadli

Soldado

Alfie are you trying to sound acknowledgeable facepalm.gifblink.pngw00t.gif

That would be dangerous biggrin.png

BT coffee1.gif

Yeah keep coming on here Bt and your learn a lot more than you do on your own bias thread laugh.png

Today's team: Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Rose; Lennon, Dembele, Chadli, Sigurdsson, Paulinho; Soldado. #THFC

Our subs today: Kaboul, Capoue, Townsend, Naughton, Defoe, Friedel, Carroll. #THFC

So no Sandro. Jan back is a welcome surprise. No Adebayor.

Spuds look very mediocre in these first 20 minutes.

Agree without Bale they look very ordinary indeed, be lucky to make the top6 if they play like this, never mind pushing man united out of the top three.

First game, 3 points. job done.

Great to have a world class keeper who has nothing to do and then steps up.

Team bedding in, good to see Kaboul come on, Soldado very sharp and fingers crossed about Vertonghen's injury. Superd player and going to be crucial to our season. Just need the "beast" back to fitness!

Palace look like they are going to be a very decent addition to the league.

• Like 2

Ian Holloway.....absolute legend. Good luck to him for all matches except against us! COYS

legend? he's a david brentesque knob.

Every one has an opinion..... But anyone who cares, really cares about the English game, will know all about Ian Holloway. We need more guys like him, the premiership will be a better richer place if he can succeed with Palace, who, incidentally just put up an excellent performance against us. Good luck to him and Palace.

• Like 2

HAve to start by saying v hapi 2 get 3 points from the opening game,makes a v pleasant change at what on the face of it wasn't the easiest of starting games.but we always seemed to be playing within yourself, and thought for the last 20 or so palace were 100% there for the taking, 4 me the game was crying out for Townsend's pace, Still, thought all of our signings did well in particular pauilhino whose class shone

But tbh, palace looked like what they are a team thats used to playing other championship teams ,plenty of passion but the passing wasn't quite there and found the extra pace and quality we had difficult to handle. 4 us here will be far far bigger tests. Oh Ive said it b4 their young Williams given a bit of experience IMO is gonna be the real deal .

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

HAve to start by saying v hapi 2 get 3 points from the opening game,makes a v pleasant change at what on the face of it wasn't the easiest of starting games.but we  always seemed to be playing within yourself, and thought for the last 20 or so palace were  100% there for the taking, 4 me  the game was crying out for Townsend's pace, Still, thought all of our signings did well in particular pauilhino whose class shone

But tbh, palace looked like what they are a team thats used to playing other championship teams ,plenty of passion but  the passing wasn't quite there and found the extra pace and quality we had difficult to handle.  4 us here will be far far bigger tests. Oh Ive said it b4 their young Williams given a bit of experience IMO is gonna be the real deal .

To be fair to Palace rij they were up against one of the best teams in the Premiership. :D

• Like 1

HAve to start by saying v hapi 2 get 3 points from the opening game,makes a v pleasant change at what on the face of it wasn't the easiest of starting games.but we always seemed to be playing within yourself, and thought for the last 20 or so palace were 100% there for the taking, 4 me the game was crying out for Townsend's pace, Still, thought all of our signings did well in particular pauilhino whose class shone

But tbh, palace looked like what they are a team thats used to playing other championship teams ,plenty of passion but the passing wasn't quite there and found the extra pace and quality we had difficult to handle. 4 us here will be far far bigger tests. Oh Ive said it b4 their young Williams given a bit of experience IMO is gonna be the real deal .

To be fair to Palace rij they were up against one of the best teams in the Premiership. biggrin.png

yep, we looked comfortable , plenty of style and pace there, so much so that at times we could almost have been accused of showboating , And thb we should really really have killed the game off,,Against better strike forces, we could v easily have been made to pay for not getting at least the 2nd if not the 3rd.

Still need a left back as you can't through the season with only one, a decent centre half as Dawson is just not good enough, someone with a bit of imagine who can play attacking midfield / no.10 as Dembele obviously has fitness doubts and Sig ain't good enough IMO, so thats 3 we need before the transfer window closes.Sort it out please AVB wai.gif

Still need a left back as you can't through the season with only one, a decent centre half as Dawson is just not good enough, someone with a bit of imagine who can play attacking midfield / no.10 as Dembele obviously has fitness doubts and Sig ain't good enough IMO, so thats 3 we need before the transfer window closes.Sort it out please AVB wai.gif

Love it. clap2.gif

Seems that strong rumours still remain that there will be two or three incomings.

Also seems that everyones finally bored with the Bale/Madrid saga. Maybe he will maybe he won't, will they get given the cash. What will be will be.

One things for sure, if Bale does go it won't be announced until the last seconds of the window to avoid price hikes to our incoming targets. I'd hate us to be in that very same situation Arsenal now find themselves in!

Alfie-the voice of reason. I concur.

Nice to have three points for you Spurs fellows, but clearly AVB has some work to do. If Bale stays that will solve a bunch of issues just by his pure talent alone. If not, the attack looks a little disjointed. Still early though, and lots of new faces to integrate.

Looks like y'all could use a bit more pace as well. What's up with that man from Togo ?whistling.gif

Nice to have three points for you Spurs fellows, but clearly AVB has some work to do. If Bale stays that will solve a bunch of issues just by his pure talent alone. If not, the attack looks a little disjointed. Still early though, and lots of new faces to integrate.

Looks like y'all could use a bit more pace as well. What's up with that man from Togo ?whistling.gif

He's on some sort of compassionate leave due to the death of his brother.

Not sure we need more pace JD, we have loads of that. What we were missing was a better creative link between the midfield and striker. As you say, its early days and despite a couple of silly posts from other fans, it was a decent first outing and a win with a clean sheet. Its a new team! I'm very pleased with the performance.

Not sure we need more pace JD, we have loads of that. What we were missing was a better creative link between the midfield and striker. As you say, its early days and despite a couple of silly posts from other fans, it was a decent first outing and a win with a clean sheet. Its a new team! I'm very pleased with the performance.

Agreed Carmine. The link is missing in midfield.

Not to be an <deleted>, but I thought Adebayor's brother passed weeks ago. Maybe Adebayor is in football purgatory until Spurs decide what they want to do with him ?

Agreed Carmine. The link is missing in midfield.

Not to be an arsehol_e, but I thought Adebayor's brother passed weeks ago. Maybe Adebayor is in football purgatory until Spurs decide what they want to do with him ?

Yes it was weeks ago but regardless of this i don't believe he will play for us again. He let us down so badly last season and his attitude was appalling. Yes he's a very talented player but more trouble than he's worth

don't know the specifics of adeboys countries tradition on family death is but if its anything like the west indian traditional 'funeral ' they have something like a.7 or 9day family mourning period. saying that unfortunately i reckon carms is right we've seen the last of adeboy in.a spurs shirt. and alfie thouht Rose did ok yesterday he's strong and vv quick ,with a little more time.will probably be more than decent. with naughton and asseo boy as bac up atm were fine ,or u reckon not ?

don't know the specifics of adeboys countries tradition on family death is but if its anything like the west indian traditional 'funeral ' they have something like a.7 or 9day family mourning period. saying that unfortunately i reckon carms is right we've seen the last of adeboy in.a spurs shirt. and alfie thouht Rose did ok yesterday he's strong and vv quick ,with a little more time.will probably be more than decent. with naughton and asseo boy as bac up atm were fine ,or u reckon not ?

So did i rij, but the reason why i said we need another left back is because we can't go through the season with only one as it looks like bae will be leaving.I suppose we have Fryers as well but AVB is talking about him for the 4th centre half spot, so that means 3 centre halfs and one natural left back with Fryers to cover both positions which is very light if you ask me sad.png