Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Yes Carmine, but it's still childish from Spurs. What was he doing in Spain last week? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out. Then there is some kind of hiccup, so Spurs say come home. Anyone would be pi55ed off and rightly so. Add on to that AVB says the deal will happen soon and they still want him to train! Silly childish power games using Gareth as the monkey - no pun intended.

Yes Carmine, but it's still childish from Spurs. What was he doing in Spain last week? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out. Then there is some kind of hiccup, so Spurs say come home. Anyone would be pi55ed off and rightly so. Add on to that AVB says the deal will happen soon and they still want him to train! Silly childish power games using Gareth as the monkey - no pun intended.

Are you feeling alright today? Do you really actually think what you are writing here or is this just a wind up?

That is a serious question too!!

Are you feeling alright today? Do you really actually think what you are writing here or is this just a wind up?

carms, you have to make allowances, after all he is a chav and i'm not joking either sad.png

Which bit isn't true?

1. Was Bale in Spain?

2. Are Madrid trying to buy him?

3. Did AVB say the deal is close?

4. Did Spurs then tell him to train with them?

My point is Spurs have done well out of Bale and Bale has done well out of Spurs, so what is the point of making friction now? Would it be so hard to give Gareth an extra few days off until it is sorted one way or the other?

So its to be a front three of Soldado, Erksen and Lamela?

If Townsend doesn't push one of them on to the bench that is! biggrin.png

i think its more likely to be at the top of a midfield 3 but to be fair smokes our options are endless and i think it just be horses for courses biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

carms, you have to make allowances, after all he is a chav and i'm not joking either sad.png

Maybe the deal will fall through and Daniel can book him on RyanAir....preferably the seat right by the toilet with no recline. biggrin.png

1You clearly wouldn't make a very good rocket scientist because he was given a couple of days off by AVB, (which is official btw) to get away and was staying at his agents villa in Marbella, not Madrid. He was given time off with the proviso that he was back at "work" on monday. He didn't turn up and should be fined.

2 This is a grown ups multi million pound transfer deal.. We don't do childish mate when it comes to millions upon millions of dosh.

3 What on earth is childish about telling an employee to carry on working whilst he is still an employee being paid a fortune. Do you think Madrid want him turning up unfit? He's supposed to be a "professional footballer

4 The only correct statement you have made is that there is power games being played. Perhaps you could tell me of just one single multi million pound transfer that didn't contain power games. What on earth do you expect when haggling over such vast sums of money.

5 Theres nothing childish about employers wanting to keep control of an employee right up until the moment when they have engineered the best deal for the club and that generally involves keeping the employees working as normal until the deal is finalised rather than act like a petulant <deleted> and go renegade until the selfish prick gets his way.

Maybe the deal will fall through and Daniel can book him on RyanAir....preferably the seat right by the toilet with no recline. biggrin.png

When fans start to sympathise with the behaviour of these petulant spoilt brats and seek reasons to condone them football is fcuked forever.

Modric, Suarez Tevez Cabaye, now Bale....all because the jumped up brats don't get their way.

Well what about ththeir employers and the money spent by the fans to make the selfish little shits rich beyond the average blokes wildest dreams! Its a nonsensebiggrin.png yet Mjj feels for Bale and think Spurs are being silly and childish!!whistling.gifcheesy.gif

1You clearly wouldn't make a very good rocket scientist because he was given a couple of days off by AVB, (which is official btw) to get away and was staying at his agents villa in Marbella, not Madrid. He was given time off with the proviso that he was back at "work" on monday. He didn't turn up and should be fined.

2 This is a grown ups multi million pound transfer deal.. We don't do childish mate when it comes to millions upon millions of dosh.

3 What on earth is childish about telling an employee to carry on working whilst he is still an employee being paid a fortune. Do you think Madrid want him turning up unfit? He's supposed to be a "professional footballer

4 The only correct statement you have made is that there is power games being played. Perhaps you could tell me of just one single multi million pound transfer that didn't contain power games. What on earth do you expect when haggling over such vast sums of money.

5 Theres nothing childish about employers wanting to keep control of an employee right up until the moment when they have engineered the best deal for the club and that generally involves keeping the employees working as normal until the deal is finalised rather than act like a petulant <deleted> and go renegade until the selfish prick gets his way.

The staying at his agent's villa thing is ridiculous but a sign of the times....you just sit in the sunlounger mate and I will make you (us) very very rich indeed.

Bale is just a brainless spoilt twit.

Madrid are welcome to him....as Chelski are to Willian....we don't need players of that calibre at the Lane.

Carmine, I guess the difference between us in this instance is that I don't see people as pawns that you can order about, regardless if they are employees. You are always on the side of the teams regarding contracts and see things as black and white. The Bale situation is not black and white in my eyes - he is not just an employee under normal circumstances, their is mitigation. You will not see it this way. Were you in the army?

Carmine, I guess the difference between us in this instance is that I don't see people as pawns that you can order about, regardless if they are employees. You are always on the side of the teams regarding contracts and see things as black and white. The Bale situation is not black and white in my eyes - he is not just an employee under normal circumstances, their is mitigation. You will not see it this way. Were you in the army?

Its OK he will be fined the two weeks wages just like any other employee. More cash in Daniel's pocket happily. smile.png

Edit: Better still give the cash to charity.

Edited by smokie36

The staying at his agent's villa thing is ridiculous but a sign of the times....you just sit in the sunlounger mate and I will make you (us) very very rich indeed.

Madrid are welcome to him....as Chelski are to Willian....we don't need players of that calibre at the Lane.

I understand why you are playing a different tune, but most Spurs supporters I know in London are gutted at losing him. There is no way that the team is stronger without him. According to previous posts I've read here, Spurs had a ton of money to spend, independent of Bales transfer, so if that money had been spent wisely + Bale had stayed, that would have been the stronger team IMO.

This is a transfer situation with regards a player on a long contract and is no different to any other bar larger sums of money involved. He chose to pen our contract and take the huge offerings of cash and now, because he wants to break the contract, because he fancies a move, we are supposed to bow down and pander to his wishes. Like hell we will. We'll get the best possible deal for THFC and if the selfish little sh1t has to wait an extra 72 hours for us to get agreement then he can wait

Get real mate!

I understand why you are playing a different tune, but most Spurs supporters I know in London are gutted at losing him. There is no way that the team is stronger without him. According to previous posts I've read here, Spurs had a ton of money to spend, independent of Bales transfer, so if that money had been spent wisely + Bale had stayed, that would have been the stronger team IMO.

Ultimately we'll have to sell him because he no longer wants to play for us. Why would any of us be "happy" about losing our best player?

There is no doubt either that we are a much stronger squad and starting eleven than last season. We've strengthened all over and effectively replaced Bale with Lamela.

fantastic situation we've put ourselves in

Edited by carmine

Time will tell on that score ups....in my mind two 21 year olds with proven quality and Soldado is enough without mentioning the two excellent midfielders, two defenders to come either.

Its a vastly improved squad and well if you can't see it I a dunno what to say.

Doesn't take much for you guys to turn on a player does it? :-D

I'll turn on any player that disrespects my club.

Guess the plastic chavs wouldn't understand this.

You really have been sounding like the classic new generation Sky Sports fan today. Supporting Chelsea is even more incriminatingsmile.png

Edited by carmine

All he had to do was turn up for training....stick to the terms of his current contract and he would have the respect of all at the club. Instead he is now showing himself to be a greedy <deleted> who cares only for the cash.

Playing for Real Madrid aint all that.....they generally win bugger all these days.

All he had to do was turn up for training....stick to the terms of his current contract and he would have the respect of all at the club. Instead he is now showing himself to be a greedy <deleted> who cares only for the cash.

Playing for Real Madrid aint all that.....they generally win bugger all these days.

Disappointing to think that you know someone, only to find out he's a greedy <deleted>.

Carmine, like you said earlier, it's just 72 hours, hardly worth falling out over.......

And I see you have gone down to Alfie's level. Sigh........

<deleted>!! Whats Alfie done to you?!!laugh.png

I do think though he's probably as gobsmacked regards your opinions as i am.

Poor little multi millionaire Gareth and silly Spurs not letting him swan off into the Madrid sunset whenever he <deleted> well pleases.biggrin.png

Carmine, like you said earlier, it's just 72 hours, hardly worth falling out over.......

Poor little multi millionaire Gareth and silly Spurs not letting him swan off into the Madrid sunset whenever he <deleted> well pleases.biggrin.png

You never know, the deal might fall through and you'll be stuck with the poor little stupid prick! laugh.png

You can imagine the <deleted> being fed into his ear by the agent and Madrid....lower the fee and get more wages...image rights....blah blah....on and on.

Lad is a pillock in my opinion and thankfully the club just told it how it is. He is now in a corner and Levy holding all of the cards. Fkin brilliant!

People complain about Mourhino and his spoiling tactics. Eg Willian purchase.

Levy is doing the max possible to ensure that Arsenal do not benefit from the sale of Bale to Madrid.

How do you work that one out? Whats our business got to do with theirs. Please be specificthumbsup.gif

Levy is doing the max possible to ensure that Arsenal do not benefit from the sale of Bale to Madrid.

How do you work that one out? Whats our business got to do with theirs. Please be specificthumbsup.gif

Levy delays release of Bale right up to the very last moment giving Real Madrid no opportunity to release potential targets like Ozil and Benzema.

Levy delays release of Bale right up to the very last moment giving Real Madrid no opportunity to release potential targets like Ozil and Benzema.

More like Madrid want to knock a few million off the price. Levy will be rock solid too....we know you all hate that. biggrin.png