Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Great to see Holtby on the sheet at last and a nice Jurgen touch in celebration!

I thought I read somewhere that Holtby was going on loan to someone?

What a cracking signing he is, must feel like he's lost among the Redwoods.

He's only 21.

23 on September 18th, won't last long at Spurs too lightweight and not good enough for this squad, IMO.

• Like 1

Great to see Holtby on the sheet at last and a nice Jurgen touch in celebration!

I thought I read somewhere that Holtby was going on loan to someone?

What a cracking signing he is, must feel like he's lost among the Redwoods.

He's only 21.

23 on September 18th, won't last long at Spurs too lightweight and not good enough for this squad, IMO.

OK so he'd 22, soon for a birthday. I still stand by what i said which seems to be the same as you that he's not good enough for our squad at the moment.

Don't think he's lightweight, just too young and needs time to mature as a player which is very normal for a 22 year old. Still playing U21 for Germany so he can't be that bad considering the German national teams are light years better then us although granted i take little or no interest in european international football.

Perhaps better to judge in in two or three years time.

Basically he's 23. biggrin.png

Yep, at the moment he's on the wrong side of squad depth and won't get a look in at Spurs. I read that Everton would like to take him on loan, which would be good for him and of course Schalke would like him back, if affordable.

Sure, let's see in 2-3 years time.

And another one , this one gives a better idea of his play in general

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxLT9LwgLrg

and i'm just loving the touch

i got sneeky suspicion this guys gonna be huge

His stats show that at 20 years of age he was a better player than Bale was at the same age so lets hope that continues.

What stats you looking at there Alfie?

His stats show that at 20 years of age he was a better player than Bale was at the same age so lets hope that continues.

Does it matter? Surely they are all the same!

I meant goals and assists or appearances or anything else? Thats what I was trying to get at.

Edited by YoungBrit

I meant goals and assists or appearances or anything else? Thats what I was trying to get at.

Stats for last season at Roma against Bales stats for season 2009/2010

Ok, correct me if I am wrong and got a feeling I am but wasn't Bale playing left back in that season? From what I have read Lamela is a good young player who could be a fantastic player.

To be fair YB he scored more goals last season than Bale did in each of the previous 3 seasons !

Edited by alfieconn

Ok, correct me if I am wrong and got a feeling I am but wasn't Bale playing left back in that season? From what I have read Lamela is a good young player who could be a fantastic player.

To be fair YB he scored more goals last season than Bale did in each of the previous 3 seasons !

My ambulance towards Willian, obviously bar the gazumping pig eyed behavior stems from Lamela always being the no 1 target. i just love the clever thought thats clearly been put into all the signings. We're a totally flexible inter changing unit and in the hands of AVB its going to be formidable.

i just hope fans understand that the new unit needs time to gel and its not happening overnight. Theres going to be a large degree of winning ugly but i really like the four clean sheets because thats where its going to come from

Do you guys want to win Europa or don't you care about it?

We'll give it a proper go. Why not. Wasn't the case four years ago when we didn't have the squad. With what we have now it works well as game time for fringe players and its silverware which is what its all about.

Going back four years we were arguably strong enough to shade a top four with a bit of luck with injuries and it wasn't realistic but now we have the strength.

• Like 1

Yes, of course WIN. We have the depth this year to give all competitions a good run.

A

And this ISN'T ABOUT CONCERNS about us meeting them cos on our day imo were a match for anyone, more a matter of fairness

that i dont thinkit right the ko'd teams from the champions league should be parachuted down into this cup at the DIRECT expense of smaller

clubs and more to the point the fans of these clubs deserve more respect

We'll give it a proper go. Why not. Wasn't the case four years ago when we didn't have the squad. With what we have now it works well as game time for fringe players and its silverware which is what its all about.

Going back four years we were arguably strong enough to shade a top four with a bit of luck with injuries and it wasn't realistic but now we have the strength.

is right. why else are you in it if not to win cups? any european trophy is always a brilliant achievement and a fantastic rollercoaster for the fans.

just as an aside, the winners can be expected to earn around 10m + a share of next seasons Super Cup Prize money. Quite a package for a competition that is supposedly not worth the time or money. It is true in contrast the Champions League has always been the premier competition, but 13m+ for the Europa winners is not to be sniffed at.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/management/finance/news/newsid=1979895.html

In contrast here is last years CL Revenue and Prize Money:

The 32 clubs featuring in the 2012/13 UEFA Champions League group stage can anticipate a minimum €8.6m. The side that eventually wins the UEFA Champions League title this term could collect €37.4m, not counting the market pool share.

I agree Rijit. Especially when some of the bigger names drop down (like Chelsea or United) the Europa teams must feel a bit dis-heartened, either from a United 'don't care' view or the Chelsea 'let's win it' view.

If Uefa want this to be a success, it should be proud of what it is and that is a second tier European trophy. A pre-curser if you like to pushing for CL places. And there is no sarcasm in this or disrespect intended.

I also think that the winner should be given a place in the CL the next year.

I hope Spurs do take Europa seriously because I feel all knockout cups deserve respect, even the League Cup.

• Like 1

I was just pointing out that Bale was playing left back then.

But regarding goals in the previous 3 seasons....are you sure? 15 last year,9 the year before.

http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/130870/erik-lamela?cc=4716

Its official, Tottenham will be weaker this season without Bale, Wenger says so! Hell, we better go and sign a few more players quick. We must take heed of the mighty ARSEne.

Yes he is sounding like a right tit isn't he. makes a change from just looking like one

Mindyou, its derby day on sunday, we're near on a scratch team, no time yet to gel, so they have every chance of a win. Although i kind of doubt it...fingers crossed

Its official, Tottenham will be weaker this season without Bale, Wenger says so! Hell, we better go and sign a few more players quick. We must take heed of the mighty ARSEne.

Yes. I've just read a comment from Mr Wenger about all these new players at Tottenham creating....instability.

Good evening Mr Moyes.

Seems like a closing window can give you a sharp crack to the side of the head.