Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I don't understand Spurs opting for him, when they could have got Benteke at the same price before he signed a contract with Villa. At least Benteke can run at a defence, this guy just patrols the penalty box looking lost and does nothing outside the box either. A waste of money.

Thats a new one on me facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Huh?

http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/tottenham-plan-%C2%A328m-offer-for-aston-villa-star-christian-benteke.103270/page-2

Re-igniting their interest doesn't say much for Soldado does it?

Paul Lambert will be able to stick to his guns and demand not a penny less than the £25m valuation that Villa have put on the player. The question then becomes whether he's worth such a fee.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/tottenham/id/998?cc=4716

All paper talk !

I don't understand Spurs opting for him, when they could have got Benteke at the same price before he signed a contract with Villa. At least Benteke can run at a defence, this guy just patrols the penalty box looking lost and does nothing outside the box either. A waste of money.

Huh?

http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/tottenham-plan-%C2%A328m-offer-for-aston-villa-star-christian-benteke.103270/page-2

Paul Lambert will be able to stick to his guns and demand not a penny less than the £25m valuation that Villa have put on the player. The question then becomes whether he's worth such a fee.

What it says Ups is that Adebayor isn't going to play for us again and Defoe is 30yo, not very good and still worth something if we sell him soon. Were also in four competitions and need back up.

You're a little off the pace today methinks!

The post was meant more as a response for alfie who didn't seem to think they could have got Benteke for the same price as Soldado appx, something you agreed with earlier and described as a 'fcuck up'.

I don't think thats a little off pace at all

However regarding your comment, that's your interpretation, but why do you need two 27 million centre forwards? They could never play together in that Spurs team from what I've seen and which one will be happy on the bench?

I know who would be in my team, as one person said in the Spurs blog "if Liverpool had signed Soldado instead of us, we'd be claiming we dodged the bullet". biggrin.png

Huh?

All paper talk !

So was Bales move. wink.png

Did you read AVB's quote? Give the guy some tissues. Bring out mummy's raincoat. biggrin.png

"We had so many good, good chances that I think the result is very unfair".

Edited by uptheos

I don't agree with the "unfair" bit but he has every right to be bitterly disappointed. Many Spurs don't seem to understand the rather crucial role Tim Krul played yesterday and are spitting blood at our manager. Must admit i'm rather incensed by reading some Spurs forums today. Reminds me how thick so many so called football fans really are.

Not only do i think Lloris might well have prevented their goal but on another day we might have put four past them. It just wasn't going to be our day and Krul was simply magnificent.

That Loic Remy would have been a better bet than Benteke. He's looking quite the composed striker at the moment.

And that Paulinho, didn't he bottle that tackle that led to the goal, I was quite surprised.

Loic Remy over Benteke!! Are you having a laugh!! Its too early in the day to be on the sauce mate.

I suppose you also thought Sandro had a bad game right?

He's scored 7 premier league goals, against some decent opposition (and yourselves). Benteke already has a horror movie of howlers to his name. Remy has a better conversion rate than Benteke, whether you like it or not.

That Loic Remy would have been a better bet than Benteke. He's looking quite the composed striker at the moment.

And that Paulinho, didn't he bottle that tackle that led to the goal, I was quite surprised.

Loic Remy over Benteke!! Are you having a laugh!! Its too early in the day to be on the sauce mate.

He's scored 7 premier league goals, against some decent opposition (and yourselves). Benteke already has a horror movie of howlers to his name. Remy has a better conversion rate than Benteke, whether you like it or not.

I'll judge Benteke on last season and not an injury plagued current season. Last seasons performance speaks for itself so no point in me justifying really.

Remy has impressed me so far this season i will admit but i doubt you'd find many that would give him serious consideration over Benteke

I don't agree with the "unfair" bit but he has every right to be bitterly disappointed.  Many Spurs don't seem to understand the rather crucial role Tim Krul played yesterday and are spitting blood at our manager.  Must admit i'm rather incensed by reading some Spurs forums today.  Reminds me how thick so many so called football fans really are.

Not only do i think Lloris might well have prevented their goal but on another day we might have put four past them.  It just wasn't going to be our day and Krul was simply magnificent.

The time to make any assessment is at Xmas.....Krul was indeed superb but there is a lack of creavivity in the midfield and a worrying tendency to passes going astray leading to loss of possession.

That is a training ground issue and must be put right.

Finally <deleted> play Lamela!

• Like 1

I'll judge Benteke on last season and not an injury plagued current season. Last seasons performance speaks for itself so no point in me justifying really.

Remy has impressed me so far this season i will admit but i doubt you'd find many that would give him serious consideration over Benteke

Remy looked great in the first half and just as we were all thinking what a great buy for the barcodes he forgot to come out for the second half; at least I don't recall seeing him (Chicog can probably irritatingly find some stat that shows he was better in the second half than the firsttongue.png ).

Edit - yes I do know he was substituted at some stage, probably quite early, in the second

Edited by SantiSuk

As had been rightly stated Remy was let in by a very unexpected and appalling attempted "tackle" by Paulinho of all people. I forgot he was on the pitch after that.

Anyway, whats happening in his rape case? Was it dropped or pending?

Just to add on a positive note our defence looks very solid and good to see Kaboul come in and do well. smile.png

Yep - quite a compliment to the defence to hold them to one, being as how Newcastle have scored 66% more goals than your mob in the Leaguetongue.png

• Like 1

Remy looked great in the first half and just as we were all thinking what a great buy for the barcodes he forgot to come out for the second half; at least I don't recall seeing him (Chicog can probably irritatingly find some stat that shows he was better in the second half than the firsttongue.png ).

Edit - yes I do know he was substituted at some stage, probably quite early, in the second

Try not to be facetious Santi, he ran himself into the ground, that's why he was subbed.

As had been rightly stated Remy was let in by a very unexpected and appalling attempted "tackle" by Paulinho of all people. I forgot he was on the pitch after that.

Anyway, whats happening in his rape case? Was it dropped or pending?

The cheque probably went through the second time.

biggrin.png

Just to add on a positive note our defence looks very solid and good to see Kaboul come in and do well. Posted Image

Yep - quite a compliment to the defence to hold them to one, being as how Newcastle have scored 66% more goals than your mob in the LeaguePosted Image

Your defence is gonna get slated for every mistake now Santi.....and we know there will be some beuuties....the anticipation!!

Just to add on a positive note our defence looks very solid and good to see Kaboul come in and do well. smile.png

Yeah Smokes can see you zooming up the table with all them nil nils tongue.png

How does it feel to be below us again 1st of December we will be at the lane for our usual three points.

AVB certainly needs to earn his money here at half time! The way your defending, playing the offside trap, with Remy's pace and Cabaye vision and ability to pass I can see you needing to score 3 to win this game.

We weren't playing the offside trap facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Sorry your right, a high line as you said. facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.giffacepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif

Is Lloris starting today? Surely he must be if he was fit enough to continue last week?

Makes a total mockery of AVB's assertion that Lloris was fit to continue last weekend and everything was done by the book, even after the keeper said he didn't remember the contact and subsequently it was reported today he hasn't felt well all week.This is not some joke its a players future health and wellbeing. AVB's compounds his posturing by criticising his critics in a few mumbling interviews. Naive ,stupid ,irresponsible watching him when the accident happened was like watching a deer caught in the headlights,he didn't have a clue what to do and ignored his medical staff.

Plenty of ex Rugby players and boxers out there with slurred speech and constant headaches

Talking <deleted> again and i'll repeat what i already said :

Have to laugh at all these do gooders saying Lloris "should have come off" whats it got to do with anyone apart from Spurs, Lloris and Lloris 's family.

And anyway

Head of Medical Services Wayne Diesel said: "Once the relevant tests and assessments were carried out we were totally satisfied that he was fit to continue playing."

How can he be fit to play on but then not fit on medical advice to play a week later? Left out on medical advice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24889967

This still gets me, he was fit to continue but not play a week later. wink.pngwink.png

Just to add on a positive note our defence looks very solid and good to see Kaboul come in and do well. Posted Image

Yeah Smokes can see you zooming up the table with all them nil nils Posted Image

How does it feel to be below us again 1st of December we will be at the lane for our usual three points.

Wait. till we click.....sojnd familiar? :P

I don't agree with the "unfair" bit but he has every right to be bitterly disappointed. Many Spurs don't seem to understand the rather crucial role Tim Krul played yesterday and are spitting blood at our manager. Must admit i'm rather incensed by reading some Spurs forums today. Reminds me how thick so many so called football fans really are.

Not only do i think Lloris might well have prevented their goal but on another day we might have put four past them. It just wasn't going to be our day and Krul was simply magnificent.

Yes, Krul was magnificent, probably the best display I've seen from him.

It's a bit namby pamby to say the result was unfair, but that's how it goes at times and you take it on the chin and move on, football games aren't decided on fairness.

Lloris is so quick of his line that it allows the Spurs defence to play a high line, he has proven to be a really good buy.

I think you are really missing Gareth.

Sorry but that's at least two attempts at a poorly timed troll in the last 90 minutes

1zgarz5.gif

The above is not a troll; Rather, someone who understands the game.

Spurs spent 100 million, nearabouts in the summer on strikers and playmakers.

Trouble is, they have no-one who can make play, and no strikers worth talking about. Proof is your goals come from penalties.

Combine the above with a manager who has not got a clue, and you have your side.

Sorry but that's at least two attempts at a poorly timed troll in the last 90 minutes

1zgarz5.gif

Trouble is, they have no-one who can make play, and no strikers worth talking about. Proof is your goals come from penalties.

Combine the above with a manager who has not got a clue, and you have your side.

Always welcome a well thought out tactical assessment of our team's performance.

Have a think about it Soi Sauce....

1zgarz5.gif

But chav bruv, when is ya gonna make me tinks ya understand da game of football innit. Ya talk a loada do do innit make me right bruv.

Edited by carmine