Tottenham Thread

chonabot

In all seriousness I am certain Tim realises we do need another forward. I don't know of any top club that has only two to choose from... irrespective of form, what about injuries or possible suspensions. Absurd thought in my view. We can all see half a dozen contenders in the fray. I see nothing wrong with reviewing each of them and forming an opinion. I think that is what most supporters of all clubs do. Don't you?

Arse have only Giroud and bentner who are out and out forwards !

In all seriousness I am certain Tim realises we do need another forward. I don't know of any top club that has only two to choose from... irrespective of form, what about injuries or possible suspensions. Absurd thought in my view. We can all see half a dozen contenders in the fray. I see nothing wrong with reviewing each of them and forming an opinion. I think that is what most supporters of all clubs do. Don't you?

Arse have only Giroud and bentner who are out and out forwards !

We also have some bloke called Sanogo who apparently has just climbed off his sick bed, probably just to get kicked back into it by a feisty Flamini special.

Baldini is on his way to Italy, but (don't worry Alfie) it has nothing to do with signing new players. Just visiting family, with a sprinkling of Guarin.

Carms could this be the conductor of the orchestra you have been looking for? He was dropped from Inters squad today v Catania. Seems Mazzarri is not a happy bunny.

As you were boys....Draxler out for 3 months (info via Daily Fail tho')

Not as we were as Holtby will be going !

Not according to his chick Alfie...they have just moved into a new pad next to Tower Bridge. Very nice it (and she) is as well.wink.png

Not according to his chick Alfie...they have just moved into a new pad next to Tower Bridge. Very nice it (and she) is as well.wink.png

Yeah I saw that, she is looking damn good! So what inside info have you got Alfie?

Yep just proves my point, you shouldn't believe everything you read ! but to be fair i did revise my prediction to this

Posted 2014-01-17 11:59:57

the most i can see happening is one going and perhaps one coming and i doubt even that !!!!!

Baldini is on his way to Italy, but (don't worry Alfie) it has nothing to do with signing new players. Just visiting family, with a sprinkling of Guarin.

Carms could this be the conductor of the orchestra you have been looking for? He was dropped from Inters squad today v Catania. Seems Mazzarri is not a happy bunny.

For Ian : here's something i posted for Wilai

Posted 2014-01-16 10:54:33

alfieconn, on 16 Jan 2014 - 09:49, said:snapback.png

Better still, please refrain from putting quotes from papers which i'm sure we all find very boring, this is a thread for opinion and constructive posts and we don't come on here to read the newspapers.

To be fair, if we all posted quotes from every news source about Spurs or any other club for that matter then it would all get very tedious sad.png

clap2.gifclap2.gif For Alfie.

COYS

So if your going to start including youngsters such as Sanogo as a main forward thus giving the arse 3 to make your argument correct then you might as well include kane in spurs list of forwards thus giving us 3 !

Huh? Where the hell did that come from?..... Lol

<p>

Baldini is on his way to Italy, but (don't worry Alfie) it has nothing to do with signing new players. Just visiting family, with a sprinkling of Guarin.Carms could this be the conductor of the orchestra you have been looking for? He was dropped from Inters squad today v Catania. Seems Mazzarri is not a happy bunny.

For Ian : here's something i posted for Wilai Posted 2014-01-16 10:54:33alfieconn, on 16 Jan 2014 - 09:49, said:snapback.png Better still, please refrain from putting quotes from papers which i'm sure we all find very boring, this is a thread for opinion and constructive posts and we don't come on here to read the newspapers. To be fair, if we all posted quotes from every news source about Spurs or any other club for that matter then it would all get very tedious sad.png

Alfie I understand what you mean, but much better you get off your high horse and just ignore stuff if you feel like that. I don't see much opinion or constructive posts from Spurs fans in here. As I mentioned above most fans like to keep abreast of what's going on and most are able to determine what is BS, what is pure fantasy, and what might be feasible. My recent posts are part feasible and part fun. I'm not sure who nominated you as the thread police? No offence. Just want to share stuff with like minded spurs fans, without getting my head bit off and without any personal attacks. Looking forwards to Wednesday night. COYS

• Like 1

<p>

Baldini is on his way to Italy, but (don't worry Alfie) it has nothing to do with signing new players. Just visiting family, with a sprinkling of Guarin.Carms could this be the conductor of the orchestra you have been looking for? He was dropped from Inters squad today v Catania. Seems Mazzarri is not a happy bunny.

For Ian : here's something i posted for Wilai Posted 2014-01-16 10:54:33alfieconn, on 16 Jan 2014 - 09:49, said:snapback.png Better still, please refrain from putting quotes from papers which i'm sure we all find very boring, this is a thread for opinion and constructive posts and we don't come on here to read the newspapers. To be fair, if we all posted quotes from every news source about Spurs or any other club for that matter then it would all get very tedious sad.png

Alfie I understand what you mean, but much better you get off your high horse and just ignore stuff if you feel like that. I don't see much opinion or constructive posts from Spurs fans in here. As I mentioned above most fans like to keep abreast of what's going on and most are able to determine what is BS, what is pure fantasy, and what might be feasible. My recent posts are part feasible and part fun. I'm not sure who nominated you as the thread police? No offence. Just want to share stuff with like minded spurs fans, without getting my head bit off and without any personal attacks. Looking forwards to Wednesday night. COYS

Don't worry Ian - Alfie only understands ??? facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

BT biggrin.png

Looking forward to the City game i'm kind of hoping he keeps to the side that playing Swansea with the one exception being Vertonghen in for Chiriches.

i suppose he might include Paulinho but after a months lay off i'd hope he's brought on off the bench.

We'll also have Townsend Sandro and possibly Kaboul on the bench too.

Regards the remainder of the transfer window, i doubt very much if we will be participating.

<p>

Self appointed A (Mod) Conn will have another flounce if you're not careful Ian. This is his own personal thread and he makes the rules okthumbsup.gif ...The fact that he can post his own drivel everywhere else is besides the point. Looking forward to Nonce Fail joining the forum soonbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Looking forward to the City game i'm kind of hoping he keeps to the side that playing Swansea with the one exception being Vertonghen in for Chiriches.

i suppose he might include Paulinho but after a months lay off i'd hope he's brought on off the bench.

Regards the remainder of the transfer window, i doubt very much if we will be participating.

We go into the game as underdogs. Everyone will be betting on City to hurt us again. At the Lane we can use this to our advantage and take the game to them. Any attempt to sit back and park it will lead to a low scoring game in their favour I feel. I agree with you our strong bench could be key to freshening things up, especially good if we manage to go ahead. Fresh legs = added impetus and all that. I am worried about Danny Rose's pure defending ability at this the highest level in the EPL and would prefer to see Jan as LB against city if he's fit. Vlad has been getting stronger with every game so the other 3 at the back unchanged.

So a 4-2-3-1 for me

Lloris

Walker Dawson Chiriches Vertongen

Dembele with either: Sandro or Bentelebe (latter the more probable)

Lennon. Erikson. Sigurdsson or Paulinho (preference is for Paulinho instead of Sigurdson) All 3 interchanging positions. Would love to see Paulinho in behind Adebayor.

Adebayor

City will be a handful for sure. We need to score early on.

The Window. I suspect we are in for both a striker and a playmaker. Preference is for EPL experience. We are suffering badly with players who are seemingly taking too long to adjust.

<p>

Self appointed A (Mod) Conn will have another flounce if you're not careful Ian. This is his own personal thread and he makes the rules okthumbsup.gif ...The fact that he can post his own drivel everywhere else is besides the point. Looking forward to Nonce Fail joining the forum soonbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Let me explain wils, posting your own drivel is perfectly acceptable as that is what having opinions is all about, but posting news from newspapers is something entirely different and i wouldn't imagine any like minded Spurs fan would come on here to read the Spurs news due to this being a forum and not a media outlet.

We go into the game as underdogs. Everyone will be betting on City to hurt us again. At the Lane we can use this to our advantage and take the game to them. Any attempt to sit back and park it will lead to a low scoring game in their favour I feel. I agree with you our strong bench could be key to freshening things up, especially good if we manage to go ahead. Fresh legs = added impetus and all that. I am worried about Danny Rose's pure defending ability at this the highest level in the EPL and would prefer to see Jan as LB against city if he's fit. Vlad has been getting stronger with every game so the other 3 at the back unchanged.

So a 4-2-3-1 for me

Lloris

Walker Dawson Chiriches Vertongen

Lennon. Erikson. Sigurdsson or Paulinho (preference is for Paulinho instead of Sigurdson) All 3 interchanging positions. Would love to see Paulinho in behind Adebayor.

Adebayor

City will be a handful for sure. We need to score early on.

The Window. I suspect we are in for both a striker and a playmaker. Preference is for EPL experience. We are suffering badly with players who are seemingly taking too long to adjust.

Lloris

Walker Dawson Chiriches Vertongen Rose

Lennon. Erikson Sigurdson Chadli or Paulinho

Adebayor

Lloris

Walker Dawson Chiriches Vertongen Rose

Lennon. Erikson Sigurdson Chadli or Paulinho

Adebayor

Nice one Alfie, we are nearly in agreement about something at least.

Let me explain wils, posting your own drivel is perfectly acceptable as that is what having opinions is all about, but posting news from newspapers is something entirely different and i wouldn't imagine any like minded Spurs fan would come on here to read the Spurs news due to this being a forum and not a media outlet.

A forum not a media outlet? Hmmmm I suspect if you did a full analysis of the forum you would find 90% is media driven where posters then share their opinions. Leaving that aside take a look at post number 1 of this sub forum

"Just noticed today that there are quite a few visitors to the forum, who don't usually post. We like the football banter on here and the more the merrier.

So come on, introduce yourself and tell us who your favourite team is. It always helps if we know who we all support when it comes to a bit of banter". (Posted by Mr BoJo six years ago)

No rules about not commenting on the news, gossip or anything else for that matter.

I have an idea though Alfie, why don't you start a very serious football thread for expert tacticians and in your first post state your purpose and objective of the thread together with a caveat that media related posts are not welcome. I'll join and promise to abide by those rules. I wonder how many other takers you will get?

• Like 2

I see both points, there is nothing wrong with a bit of news reporting, but at this time of year, when the red tops are just inventing story after story on a daily basis, it's pointless posting them unless there are verifiable quotes or other information that demonstrate their veracity.

I see both points, there is nothing wrong with a bit of news reporting, but at this time of year, when the red tops are just inventing story after story on a daily basis, it's pointless posting them unless there are verifiable quotes or other information that demonstrate their veracity.

I always knew the Gooners talked sense biggrin.png

I have an idea though Alfie, why don't you start a very serious football thread for expert tacticians and in your first post state your purpose and objective of the thread together with a caveat that media related posts are not welcome. I'll join and promise to abide by those rules. I wonder how many other takers you will get?

Stop being a dick ian, where have i said the thread needs to be all about tactics etc ? if you'd read my earlier post i said "this is a thread for opinion and constructive posts" now what bit of that don't you understand ?

Edited by alfieconn