Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Ozil is class carmine. He produced magic from day 1 in the EPL.

Spurs are a bit like a dysfunctional family on a council estate.

Winning the lottery with the Bale sale seems to have caused more grief than joy.

Wenger will get the best out of Ozil I am sure.

Spurs?

I don't know.

Well Ozil certainly was a class act in the Bunderslega and in Spain but i've never really noticed him playing for Arsenal. So i presume you are referring to the substantial reputation he bought with him from Spain, similar to Roberto Soldado. Fear not though, you are fine to criticise Soldado but it seems to be taboo on this forum to join in the widespread disappointment in Ozil!! biggrin.png

I probably won't be seeing anymore of him for a few more weeks because it appears he's injured a hamstring.

Yep. Nothing like interference from a ref getting in the way of business eh.

thumbsup.gif

Whatever happened to the principle. the best refs are the ones you never notice?

Well quite. Unfortunately it seems this Sky Sport generation of football has some kind of modus operandi to make the ref very much a high profile part of the "show"

Its almost as if Webb and Clattenburg were hand picked for their love of the camera.

btw Ups, Ozil's done his hamstring...its just going from bad to worse!biggrin.png

Afternoon allsmile.png

Good evening rijit.

thumbsup.gifsmile.png

Hackney Marshes, or a favela in Rio with an orange for a football.

thumbsup.gif

Can't think for the life of me why but i'm quite pleased Rijits back on the thread!biggrin.png

Misery loves company ? Safety in numbers ?biggrin.png

• Like 2

Afternoon allsmile.png

Good evening rijit.

thumbsup.gifsmile.png

Hackney Marshes, or a favela in Rio with an orange for a football.

thumbsup.gif

Can't think for the life of me why but i'm quite pleased Rijits back on the thread!biggrin.png

Misery loves company ? Safety in numbers ?biggrin.png

You're a fine one to talk at the moment mate....we are all watching you lot "do an Arse....." whistling.gif

thumbsup.gif

Whatever happened to the principle. the best refs are the ones you never notice?

Well quite. Unfortunately it seems this Sky Sport generation of football has some kind of modus operandi to make the ref very much a high profile part of the "show"

Its almost as if Webb and Clattenburg were hand picked for their love of the camera.

btw Ups, Ozil's done his hamstring...its just going from bad to worse!biggrin.png

Guess he now has time to hit the books with your crock.wink.png

Edited by uptheos

yep good 2 b bac guys and yeah i've missed u bunch of reprobates,hit-the-fan.gif

no Dawson and Kane to start,,, what little ive seen of kane this season ive liked. its taken a while, and a big up to spurs and him for being patient, but to me he looks like he could finally deliver, seems the boy finally has become a man. . Ahh <deleted> , sherwoods playing Kane deep,

still we will see, get on u spurs !!!!!

Well 1=0 down and we've huffed and puffed and not really got much from the game, they've had one chance and bang ,, good team, well organized pacy, press well 2 me they are a step up from what we've been playing,, ,

As Chicog would say. Agent Sherwood has overplayed his hand. Benfica have looked a tasty side throughout the competition from my limited viewings of highlights shows.

Too many things going in Arsenal's favour for Sunday (Ramsey would never have been a serious contributor even had he been benchable).

Bounce-back territory worries for me!

thumbsup.gif

Guess he now has time to hit the books with your crock.wink.png

Yet still no comment about the most expensive flop of the season!! I would have thought you would have lots to say about a player that cost 29m more than Soldado and 12m more than Lamela and 30m more than Eriksen!! Your silence on any poor performing EPL recruits that don't play for Spurs is quite deafeninglaugh.png

Are you waiting for him to play well so you can give me your comments? Thats not likely to happen for at least six months. Even Chicoq seems to have forgotten Ozil is an Arse playerxermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.pngbiggrin.png

So come on Ups, time to furnish us with your innermost thoughts on no performing non Spurs playerslaugh.png

yeah, the one thing u can b assured about with

a lower league club supporter is they're gonna b a 'proper' football fan, non of this spoilt brat whinging crap , when we slip out.the top 4 !!

Also a relatively unbiased view, as long as its rational in my book is always welcome.

• Like 1

Who cares?

It may not be PC, but it don't really matter what a Leyton Orient supporter thinks.

Or a ... from Arsenal.

smile.png

i do mate. I also have a soft spot for Orient having been to quite a few games there as a kid. But, that has nought to do with this resistance to comment on the Scarlet Pimpernel of the premier league, the Lord Lucan of high profile, the invisible man that is Mesut Ozil, yet theres chapters been post here about a guy thats come from the same league, also with a very respectable record, who failed thus far, yet cost 29m less.

biggrin.png I suppose i'm going to have to make a post about last nights shambolic performance am i not!!!! Later perhaps....

But is Soldado's fee only £13m? What are the incentives and targets that add up to £26? Appearances? Goals? League position? Have any been met?

Well thats something possibly only known by the player and other mutual parties but i don't see the relevance because he's still 29m less of a flop isn't he. Yet everyones on this forum seems happy to slate other players that come here with a well earnt reputation yet all they have to say about the anonymous bitterly disappointing Ozil is that he's class because like everyone else he was very good in La Liga. Don't you figure thats kind of strange? Almost like an agenda going on? I dowink.png But its fun isn't it!biggrin.png

Carmine

I find it very strange how you get well beaten at home by Benfica and your first post at 7am, is directed at me about Ozil?

Something's not right mate, probably you're lacking sleep or Ozil is keeping you awake.

Does this result mean we'll be seeing Spurs play on Saturday again?

Carmine

I find it very strange how you get well beaten at home by Benfica and your first post at 7am, is directed at me about Ozil?

Something's not right mate, probably you're lacking sleep or Ozil is keeping you awake.

Well actually i did say i'd be posting about our shambolic performance later..... but baring in mind we had a dire night and you came out again with a load of old cods i thought i'd do you the honor of addressing you first rather than rant about Sherwood.

Anyway, still nothing to say about Ozil? If you're waiting for him to play well it could take a while....or is it that you feel Spurs were the only team to buy poor players, an opinion which i disagree with.

As i tried to explain before, good players like Ozil and Soldado don't just become poor players, they lose form. Arsenal and Spurs just have to hope our mutually out of form players regain that form that had them valued so highly from their past performances.

quick comment on the game last night.

We were complete and utter rubbish. We have a coach that doesn't seem to grasp that Eriksen is the most creative spark we have so he deems it correct to push Eriksen out wide on the left and play the young inexperienced Harry Kane behind Adebayor. Apart from that what can you say about a team that was out fought, thats looks demoralized and has seemingly lost the ability to pass to each other.

No disrespect to Kane but its just garbage tactics from a manager thats criticised his squad in public, is clearly out of his depth at this level and lost the dressing room. He needs to drop a level and learn his trade for three or four years.

I could be talking about David Moyes but i'm not! Spurs have gone as far backwards this season as Liverpool have gone forwards. Obviously Sherwood will not last very long past the seasons end and the under pressure Daniel Levy really needs to make the correct appointment

Carmine

Well actually i did say i'd be posting about our shambolic performance later..... but baring in mind we had a dire night and you came out again with a load of old cods i thought i'd do you the honor of addressing you first rather than rant about Sherwood.

Anyway, still nothing to say about Ozil? If you're waiting for him to play well it could take a while....or is it that you feel Spurs were the only team to buy poor players, an opinion which i disagree with.

As i tried to explain before, good players like Ozil and Soldado don't just become poor players, they lose form. Arsenal and Spurs just have to hope our mutually out of form players regain that form that had them valued so highly from their past performances.

Oh, I get it you were responding to my last response to your last insightful post, which is below,

I said in response, mostly joking, "Guess he now has time to hit the books with your crock".wink.png

That little line has been playing on your mind and keeping you awake, how sad.sad.png

But anyway I did say in a post several days ago that I was disappointed with Ozil and wondered if he was starting to become petulant, which basically OK'd him to leave real Madrid. If you want to search UP2U, but I can't be bothered it's not as important to me as it is to you.

I'm more concerned that all season I have been denied watching a superstar and instead a few plonkers who supposed to replace him, 110 million and look what you have? I quote a certain person; "we're so lucky to have Baldini otherwise we might not have been able to attract these players" or something like that.

Yep, I reckon the other teams up there also feel lucky you got Baldini. biggrin.png Maybe Arsenal did overspend on Ozil, but they still spent less than half of what Spurs spent and they will be in the CL next year. All the GB money + has been totally wasted. Spurs aren't even guaranteed a place in Europa now and if they do happen to make it, I hope they decline and let one of the other small clubs take their place, so I can watch them play some Saturday fixtures for a change.

Who cares?

It may not be PC, but it don't really matter what a Leyton Orient supporter thinks.

Or a ... from Arsenal.

smile.png

Morning Guys'

Apologies for this post from last night.

Ups and SS opinions always read with interest and appreciated.

It's football.

Sorry.

P45

Cant think of 2 many positives from last night , eriksons free kic ....CLASS and kanes run to get it , but that was it, this aint an excuse, but 2 many players rcently coming bac from injury, barring keeper inc' our whole back line. Verity was just poor, kaboul tried as did naughton, Rose looked really piss poor 4 his 20 and walker !!!!!!! But credit to Benfica they made it tell with a pace and an intense pressure through out our team we struggled with. Thought it was a brave decision by sherwood to play kane as opposed to another middie or struggling soldado deeper it didnt really work, but suppose the train of thought was that at 20 he had the legs 2 link up quickly and take some of those chances our mids have been squandering of late., as for.erikson.wide, well his long balls and his set plays are his strongest point, cos brainless in the centre was putting it kindly, caught asleep in offside.positions 2 many times. lennon tried but came up against a damn good in form lb, i could go on ,,, but all in all thought that they were the better team and arguably the best we've played all season , and on the night were double worth the win.

• Like 1

Yet still no comment about the most expensive flop of the season!! I would have thought you would have lots to say about a player that cost 29m more than Soldado and 12m more than Lamela and 30m more than Eriksen!! Your silence on any poor performing EPL recruits that don't play for Spurs is quite deafeninglaugh.png

Are you waiting for him to play well so you can give me your comments? Thats not likely to happen for at least six months. Even Chicoq seems to have forgotten Ozil is an Arse playerxermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.pngbiggrin.png

So come on Ups, time to furnish us with your innermost thoughts on no performing non Spurs playerslaugh.png

I don't quite get what your point is. I would much rather Ozil were playing on Sunday than missing.

The question is, can you say the same about Lamela or Soldado? (I quite like young Eriksen, he was a bargain, I'm sure he's going to earn his transfer to a big club <heh>).

Let's put it this way:

Ozil - 4 goals 8 assists

Soldaduddo - 6 goals 3 assists

Lamentabla - 0 goal 3 assists

(Eriksen - 3 goals 3 assists)

Quod erat demonstrandum.

biggrin.png

Do I think Ozil can do better? Yes. Do I think he will? Yes.