Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Dear Mr Levy,

Zenit is now six wins in six this season and top of the league. whistling.gif

Perhaps you might have waited a little longer before pulling the trigger because we haven't qualified for the CL irrespective have we.

• Like 1

May I comment as a chav on this with AVB as an ex?

AVB may be OK in Russia.

But I ain't sure he will cut it in the prem.

avb's gone --- done -- in the past,,,frankly his football at the end was boring, dull, consistently the least entertaining I've seen at spurs for 4

decades, the chav's win the champs lge, we win our last 2 games & we've got half a sniff of

champions league, yet we're focusing on sacking ' our latest manager and who's gonna replace him,,,who will no doubt will make next season

'transitional'

tottenham is so likebeatdeadhorse.gif

biggrin.png

I can't see why some of you were prepared to defend AVB yet slate Tim........is it partly because he is English and foreign managers have more gravitas?

AVB is a terrible manager. He alienates players and won't budge on his believed tactics. Tim is very inexperienced and experimenting yet is getting similar results to AVB. Surely Tim has more potential in improving Spurs......

• Like 1

I can't see why some of you were prepared to defend AVB yet slate Tim........is it partly because he is English and foreign managers have more gravitas?

AVB is a terrible manager. He alienates players and won't budge on his believed tactics. Tim is very inexperienced and experimenting yet is getting similar results to AVB. Surely Tim has more potential in improving Spurs......

1 AVB is young and yes he has a lot to learn but terrible managers don't do trebles do they.

2 Tim Sherwood has done a very good job for the most part. No one to my knowledge has said different although he's really messed upin some big games. He too is young as has a lot to learn. Some of us feel his time will come but maybe we need someone with slightly more experience. Tim hasn't helped himself coming out with some stupid comments but he can be forgiven for that because aside of that he's done well. Anyway, as Rij said, its irrelevant because our gun slinging chairman clearly wants someone else. I really hope we can keep Sherwood because he's done very good work with our academy players

So my overall view of TS is that he's done a very good job under difficult circumstances but needs to gain a little more experience and in a few short years might become a very good manager.

The real thing i'm sick of is the way Levy chooses is running things. Its hard to see where they are taking the club and imsee no signs of progress, merely regression throughout the club.

Edited by carmine

Can't help but throw in my 2 cents here and I'm not having a go at anybody. I think Sherwood is not ready to be a manager in the EPL. Very questionable tactics and man management skills. Bordering on the bizarre at times. And has been said repeatedly about Moyes, Sherwood lacks the gravitas to be successful with a top tier EPL club.

Not saying Spurs will pick the right guy after they can Sherwood though.smile.png

I agree with JD.

I struggle to take Sherwood seriously.

I'm all for giving people time to develop, but I am not convinced he will ever make top drawer, top 4 EPL management status.

Sorry.

carmine knows the picture. Levy looks like a handful.

Only way forward for Spurs for me would be Top class manager who is allowed freedom to manage.

Don't know how the money story fits in all this though.

avb's gone --- done -- in the past,,,frankly his football at the end was boring, dull, consistently the least entertaining I've seen at spurs for 4

decades, the chav's win the champs lge, we win our last 2 games & we've got half a sniff of

champions league, yet we're focusing on sacking ' our latest manager and who's gonna replace him,,,who will no doubt will make next season

'transitional'

biggrin.png

Rij, only the top 4 can qualify for the CL.

If a team outside the top 4 win it, then they replace the 4th position team.

I agree with your description of our style of play under AVB though. thumbsup.gif

Edited by sotsira

'transitional'

biggrin.png

Rij, only the top 4 can qualify for the CL.

If a team outside the top 4 win it, then they replace the 4th position team.

I agree with your description of our style of play under AVB though. thumbsup.gif

i could be wrong but now the champions qualify , and the league they come from keeps it's respective no of qualifiers, unlike the last time the chavs won it and knocked us out !!!!!

t

Can't help but throw in my 2 cents here and I'm not having a go at anybody. I think Sherwood is not ready to be a manager in the EPL. Very questionable tactics and man management skills. Bordering on the bizarre at times. And has been said repeatedly about Moyes, Sherwood lacks the gravitas to be successful with a top tier EPL club.

Not saying Spurs will pick the right guy after they can Sherwood though.smile.png

All subjective,judge him on his results. as 4 Man management skills !!!, really, like dropping a club record striker 2 3 rd choice, he's done that without a huge cry from anyone,let alone the player.But no manager is gonna please all the players the ones that don't lay will never like the manager that drops him,, irrespective of who it is .

rij.

I don't think Sherwood could manage a team of traffic wardens.

Think,,,, being the operative word there and 6th in the prem still with a sniff of the champs league,,,, says your what,,,,, exactly?

Now odds on favourite

Dutch champions Ajax say Tottenham have contacted them about the availability of coach Frank de Boer.

A spokesman for the Amsterdam club told BBC Sport that Spurs approached their director of football Marc Overmars by telephone within the past month.

You mean harang saur surelybiggrin.png

I'm sorry, I don't speak Belgian.

But here's another priceless tiny totts comedy moment....

Ray Clemence believes Tottenham should stick with Tim Sherwood as their manager.

Ajax claimed on Tuesday that Tottenham had contacted them with a view to speaking to their manager Frank de Boer.
Spurs said in a statement released on Wednesday that any talk of an approach for De Boer was "wholly inaccurate", although the club have said in recent weeks that they will review Sherwood's position as head coach at the end of the year.
Clemence, who made 330 appearances for Spurs, has been dismayed by talk of Sherwood getting the sack.
The former England goalkeeper, who was speaking at the CV Show on behalf of Vauxhall, the England Team Sponsor, said: "I would hope he would be given a bit more time.
"Tim has a good record compared to (Arsenal manager) Arsene Wenger, and (Everton boss) Roberto Martinez.

I agree, let's start a "Save Our Sherwood" campaign!

You mean harang saur surelybiggrin.png

I'm sorry, I don't speak Belgian.

But here's another priceless tiny totts comedy moment....

Ray Clemence believes Tottenham should stick with Tim Sherwood as their manager.

Ajax claimed on Tuesday that Tottenham had contacted them with a view to speaking to their manager Frank de Boer.
Spurs said in a statement released on Wednesday that any talk of an approach for De Boer was "wholly inaccurate", although the club have said in recent weeks that they will review Sherwood's position as head coach at the end of the year.
Clemence, who made 330 appearances for Spurs, has been dismayed by talk of Sherwood getting the sack.
The former England goalkeeper, who was speaking at the CV Show on behalf of Vauxhall, the England Team Sponsor, said: "I would hope he would be given a bit more time.
"Tim has a good record compared to (Arsenal manager) Arsene Wenger, and (Everton boss) Roberto Martinez.

Is that factually correct?

Of course it isn't Ray Clemence is a babbling old fool.

By the way, Townsend has gone under the knife and misses the WC.

I know.

Talk of Paulinho going to Chelski btw.

Mourinho is reported as liking him.

Told you I knew me onions.

thumbsup.gif

Of course it isn't Ray Clemence is a babbling old fool.

By the way, Townsend has gone under the knife and misses the WC.

I know.

Talk of Paulinho going to Chelski btw.

Mourinho is reported as liking him.

Told you I knew me onions.

thumbsup.gif

Chelsea are considering a shock move for Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Paulinho just a year after the Brazilian moved to White Hart Lane.

Spurs could use Chelsea’s interest in Paulinho to boost their bid to sign number one striker target Romelu Lukaku.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10799403/Chelsea-consider-shock-move-for-Tottenham-midfielder-Paulinho.html

I also read somewhere that Jose's valuation of Lukaku is 35 mil, what's Paulinho's?

If Jose rates him so highly, why not just keep one of the best young strikers???

Edited by uptheos