Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Two Champions Leagues, a Premier League, Italian and French leagues to boot and you don't rate him?!

No, i'm saying quite the opposite if its me you are referring to.

Ancelotti would be my first choice, but its an unlikely scenario. Second choice Benitez but thats unlikely too.

• Like 2

Jurgen Klinsmaan

Contracted with the USA NT until 2018, married to an American chickie and living in Huntington Beach, California. I'd guess it would be unlikely he would be interested.thumbsup.gif

All correct except for the last 8 words. Keep guessing.

No thanks.whistling.gif

Two Champions Leagues, a Premier League, Italian and French leagues to boot and you don't rate him?!

Ancelotti would be my first choice, but its an unlikely scenario. Second choice Benitez but thats unlikely too.

Ah yes misread it. No coffee yet! :)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Definitely agree about Ancelotti and I suppose about Jellybean Benitez. Is it possible Rafa would like to mix it up again in the EPL ? Maybe, I would think, though he appears to be happy at Napoli. If he lands Mascherano he'll be even happier.thumbsup.gif

Ranieri has been moved out of Monaco ( like wilai said).

2nd in the French league, Falcao 50mil out since Christmas with a knee ligament...doesn't get a lot of luck.

Might want to consider the EPL again?

How do the Spurs fans feel about Ground Sharing with West Ham (for maybe one season) whilst their stadium is being finished?

Do you honestly believe thats ever going to happen?!!

Have you read the minutes from the latest meeting between the Spurs Supporters Trust and the Spurs Board?

You will be ground sharing - period! - where exactly do you expect you will be going

Especially after Spurs made all that fuss about the Olympic Stadium in the first place and wanting to go there

Or perhaps ground share with Orient - or even Arsenal

Ofcourse we will be ground sharing. You can't play in rubble can you.

Why would you think that our interest in the olympic stadium has relevance to a ground share with West Ham? We wanted the stadium for us because we would fill it. there would also be significant security issues with a WHU/Spurs ground share.

West Ham and Spurs are 10 and 11 in terms of average attendance for last season - first column is total - second is the average

What are the security issues you speak of?

10 Tottenham Hotspur 680,360 35,808 11 West Ham United 649,741 34,196

Ground share BS and speculation irrelevant. We need somewhere to play in order to finish our new stadium. End of. For me Wembley makes the most sense. Wherever it is it will be decided by commercial viability together with supporting infrastructure.

Supporting infrastructure???....jeez Ian when was the last time you walked up Seven Sisters Rd??.....Orient would be better placed than WHL if that was the criteria.

Head in the sand looking west politicians as always....no light at the end of the tunnel for a large area of London.

Big part of the problem that is...an unwillingness for regeneration in a much needed area.....Stratford is getting a sniff of it....but a lot of the surrounding area still has rotten transport links.

• Like 1

ranieri to spurs wouldn't seem like much of a forward step.

We need experience to take us through this transition but not the Ranieri type.

I'll stick with the likes of Ancelotti if he became a free agent or Benitez if he was interested but i suspect that neither will make themselves available and Pochettino will be offered the job. He's been quite impressive but i'm not sure he's quite ready for this one yet or capable of meeting Levy's requirements and i fear we will be in the same position in less than eighteen months time. I'm starting to think Levy has lost sight of realistic targets.

• Like 1

think you're aiming a bit high hoping for ancelotti there mate.

maybe wait and see who is available after the world cup? surprised guus hiddink hasn't been mentioned much actually.

Just a wish list. I don't think for one minute we could get him either. Hasn't Hiddink already signed up for the Dutch job after this world cup? Think he has.

maybe wait and see who is available after the world cup? surprised guus hiddink hasn't been mentioned much actually.

Just a wish list. I don't think for one minute we could get him either. Hasn't Hiddink already signed up for the Dutch job after this world cup? Think he has.

oh has he? didn't know that. fair enough.

de boer you would think is being groomed for the barcelona job at some point.

Funnily enough, just read from a past very reliable non media source that talks are progressing with de boer. I agree that he'll be Barca bound but he'll need experience out of the eridvese for starters. Not to be ruled out...

Funnily enough, just read from a past very reliable non media source that talks are progressing with de boer. I agree that he'll be Barca bound but he'll need experience out of the eridvese for starters. Not to be ruled out...

yeah could well be i guess. particularly given they've just appointed luis enrique.

I definetly think that the longer the saga goes on then the less likely it is to be Ponch, also seen from a few Itk's that FDB is back in the frame.

Ground share BS and speculation irrelevant. We need somewhere to play in order to finish our new stadium. End of. For me Wembley makes the most sense. Wherever it is it will be decided by commercial viability together with supporting infrastructure.

Supporting infrastructure???....jeez Ian when was the last time you walked up Seven Sisters Rd??.....Orient would be better placed than WHL if that was the criteria.

Head in the sand looking west politicians as always....no light at the end of the tunnel for a large area of London.

Big part of the problem that is...an unwillingness for regeneration in a much needed area.....Stratford is getting a sniff of it....but a lot of the surrounding area still has rotten transport links.

Only managed 3 home games this season, but well aware of the existing infrastructure difficulties. This is why the new stadium build is incorporating improved infrastructure as a fundamental element of the whole project. Probably no where near the ideal, but, it is what it is.

But we digress. The post was about stadium sharing for a season. Orient. Last time I was there it was looking tiny 7 yrs ago. Not sure you'll get 36,000 in there legally. Not a bad tab in from the station though, granted. Wembley will take our 36,000 and ensure income streams are maintained, and the infrastructure is not too bad eh? Obviously ARSE emirates is never going to be an option. Not sure where else to look. Stadium MK will take 30,000; but this is still some 6,000 short or in revenue terms, perhaps half a million quid with all the add ons... Per home game. Would spurs fans rather travel 53 miles North of London (no underground infrastructure) or go to Wembley? I know which one I would choose (based in Surrey when at home) COYS

Any of you guys follow the kids? This guy is with us now so obviously Inglethorpe rates him but I've only seen one game. Promising? and what caused the fallout with Spurs?

Lawrence Vigoureux "On to much bigger and better things, thanks for giving me the chance Tottenham, was pushed out in the end but wish the club well"..

Any of you guys follow the kids? This guy is with us now so obviously Inglethorpe rates him but I've only seen one game. Promising? and what caused the fallout with Spurs?

Lawrence Vigoureux "On to much bigger and better things, thanks for giving me the chance Tottenham, was pushed out in the end but wish the club well"..

From a Spurs blog : We can only assume that the club felt that Lawrence was no better than Archer, Miles and McGee;

Got some good news for Smokie and Carmine though:

Monaco planning summer bid to re-sign Tottenham ace Emmanuel Adebayor

Maybe they really are planning on selling Falcao.

Edited by Chicog

Got some good news for Smokie and Carmine though:

Monaco planning summer bid to re-sign Tottenham ace Emmanuel Adebayor

Maybe they really are planning on selling Falcao.

The grass continues to grow but I can't smoke it.

Time will tell Chicog....its going to be a very long summer......thank goodness for the World Cup! biggrin.png

• Like 1