Tottenham Thread

chonabot

They are saying on beIN Sports that it's gonna be Pochettino to Spurs

I posted the above last month and interestingly, nobody commented on whether they would like him at Spurs or not.

Pooch.....No proven track record.

For me:

1. Jurgen Klinsmann (knows the PL inside out and Europe) main reason - he has Spurs in his heart.

2. Benitez (proven track record)

3. Any other with a PROVEN track record in the PL

I posted the above last month and interestingly, nobody commented on whether they would like him at Spurs or not.

Well I'm warming to him after after some of the things iv'e read about him, all the players at Soton seem to like and respect him , got them to 8th last season after being close to the bottom when taking over the previous season, brought on some of the young players, done ok at Espanyol with limited resources.Good playing record ( although that doesn't always mean anything).

To be fair this choosing a manager business is a bit of a lottery, I mean Rodgers Cv before he came to the bindippers wasn't exactly great, who would have expected Pulis to have had such a good season.

The main problem with De Boar was that he hadn't ever managed in the Premier league and going on our past record with foreign managers who hadn't managed in the Premier I don't think we could take that chance.

This made me laugh : Spurs fan and Britain’s most dangerous prisoner Charles Bronson, 61, ‘smears himself in butter before taking on TWELVE officers after Arsenal win the FA Cup’

Surely they can let him out for a day just so he can bump into Wiltshire !!! whistling.gif

• Like 2

For me:

1. Jurgen Klinsmann (knows the PL inside out and Europe) main reason - he has Spurs in his heart.

harry redknapp?

pochettino is a smart cookie. he's about the best around that spurs could appoint at the moment. saints fan mate of mine reckons it's as good as done and he just couldn't turn down the money on offer.

For me:

harry redknapp?

pochettino is a smart cookie. he's about the best around that spurs could appoint at the moment. saints fan mate of mine reckons it's as good as done and he just couldn't turn down the money on offer.

Usually your posts are very sensible Stevie !!!

For me:

harry redknapp?

Pretty much as i see it. I think he could do well but my concerns are more with our chairman. Its high time he showed some balls and stuck by an appointment and this latest one might just be the one.

harry redknapp?

Pretty much as i see it. I think he could do well but my concerns are more with our chairman. Its high time he showed some balls and stuck by an appointment and this latest one might just be the one.

pochettino strikes me as the sort to say it's my way or we don't do it. bit like brendan did at our place. FSG wanted to appoint a director of football above him, brendan said no way or i don't take the job. same will happen this summer with this daft transfer committee we have, brendan will have much more clout about who we do or don't sign. think pochettino will be that sort too - tell levy that if he doesn't like a player, he's the manager, we're not signing that lad.

harry redknapp?

pochettino strikes me as the sort to say it's my way or we don't do it. bit like brendan did at our place. FSG wanted to appoint a director of football above him, brendan said no way or i don't take the job. same will happen this summer with this daft transfer committee we have, brendan will have much more clout about who we do or don't sign. think pochettino will be that sort too - tell levy that if he doesn't like a player, he's the manager, we're not signing that lad.

Could well be the case and i'm keeping an eye on any news about Franco Baldini. Levy's gone down the director of football path before and been prepared to scrap it and i would not be surprised if he was prepared to do so again.

Shouldn't you be looking to tie up the Lallana deal fairly pronto?

harry redknapp?

Could well be the case and i'm keeping an eye on any news about Franco Baldini. Levy's gone down the director of football path before and been prepared to scrap it and i would not be surprised if he was prepared to do so again.

Shouldn't you be looking to tie up the Lallana deal fairly pronto?

we should, but not if saints are trying to rip us off. smashing player but £30m? english tax plus this 25% to bournemouth makes the fee seem a bit excessive. we might decide we can get better value abroad.

Ask me again at Xmas. tongue.png

You kept this quiet Smokes

But I know it was you, the smothering with lurpak gave you away.

biggrin.png

Charles Bronson, often labelled Britain’s most violent inmate, has grabbed fresh headlines for his bizarre behaviour after Arsenal won the FA Cup.

Said to be a diehard Tottenham fan, Bronson violently flipped out after the Gunners broke their nine year trophy drought at Wembley.

The Mirror report:

Britain’s most dangerous inmate covered himself in butter to attack 12 prison officers – because Arsenal won the FA Cup.

Spurs fan Charles Bronson admitted he “lost it” when Tottenham’s arch rivals defeated Hull at Wembley.

In a letter dated May 19 to friend Kate Kray – the ex-wife of Ronnie Kray – Bronson said the “rumble” with officers in riot gear left him with broken ribs.

He said he smothered himself in Lurpak as he hoped the grease would make it harder for them to restrain him.

Bronson, 61, wrote: “Not good news. I’ve had another rumble. This time with a dozen riot mob on the yard!… It was sunny! A scorcher! Arsenal was playing Hull. I so wanted Hull to win, coz I’m Spurs.

“I got Lurpak and spread it on thick. Then a small cloud appeared. I swear I see Ron’s face. It was eerie. Go on son, let ’em have it!”

Jurgen Klinsmann.

Sorry Ian, but whether anyone likes it or not it'll be Pochettino. Not my first choice either btw. very much doubt he has a chance of meeting DL's unrealistic expectations and see us as back to square one again in eighteen months....hey ho!!

About time Levy stuck to paying the utility bills and let someone with a sounder football brain make the sporting decisions

Yep. Spot on carmine.

Looks like even you can see the hornets. smile.png

Keep me posted on the Baldini situation.

thumbsup.gif

Jurgen Klinsmann.

Sorry Ian, but whether anyone likes it or not it'll be Pochettino. Not my first choice either btw. very much doubt he has a chance of meeting DL's unrealistic expectations and see us as back to square one again in eighteen months....hey ho!!

About time Levy stuck to paying the utility bills and let someone with a sounder football brain make the sporting decisions

Yep. Spot on carmine.

Looks like even you can see the hornets. smile.png

Keep me posted on the Baldini situation.

thumbsup.gif

Well its not a problem with Pochettino along as Levy has agreed a realistic agenda and gives the guy the control and time he wants and needs. Either way he has to take the risk and stick with a coach. We are already facing a tough challenge breaking back into a top four position so why not make the appointment official and with a long term view. If he continues with this short term success agenda then he better go out and buy Messi, suarez and Ronaldo because these days thats the only realistic short term success route.

Look at the time Lamberts been given! How's that guy still in a job?

• Like 1

Seems to me Director of Football only works if there is complete harmony between the DOF and the Manager/Coach.

That was clearly not the case with AVB.

Good Luck.

thumbsup.gif

I agree with you but the example you offer is a bizarre one because it was AVB that wanted Baldini in the first place. So i suppose the question; did Levy tell Baldini what his agenda was, and override AVB? I still harp back to the botched transfer of Moutinho from Porto which was the one player AVB desperately wanted to build his team around and Levy screwed the deal over half a million of a 26m deal.

• Like 1

Imo has 2 go down as another 'punt' by levy, and when he 'punts ' with our managers job going from past exp'rnces things tend not pan out 2 well seems pretty much written in stone the spurs job requires an expr'nced hand . But anyway on the positive side he seems bright and he has kept the 'upward' momentum going at southampton and produced some good attractive well orgonised football, so theres hope. But managing spurs is totally diferent kettle of fish, the 8 th much heralded at southampton at spurs would undoubtably cost him his job. Hope he takes a sound staff' with him, spurs aint a club a relatively inexpirenced manager at spurs level wants to take on alone.

Edited by rijit

Oh and i keep hearing 'high pressing ' for pochi' which proved not really suitable 4 our current defense, in particular made our c/b's looked v vulnerable. lets just hope he aint an extremist and can adapt his 'system to suit rather than struggle with visa versa.

Imo has 2 go down as another 'punt' by levy, and when he 'punts ' with our managers job going from past exp'rnces things tend not pan out 2 well seems pretty much written in stone the spurs job requires an expr'nced hand . But anyway on the positive side he seems bright and he has kept the 'upward' momentum going at southampton and produced some good attractive well orgonised football, so theres hope. But managing spurs is totally diferent kettle of fish, the 8 th much heralded at southampton at spurs would undoubtably cost him his job. Hope he takes a sound staff' with him, spurs aint a club a relatively inexpirenced manager at spurs level wants to take on alone.

So umusta been puntin4 rafa then rij? Canna think'o enywon else poss av'ble wot dun top 4 (cept 'arry of corse).

[2b fair u have been more l'gbl of L8biggrin.png]

well he's taking his team with him, double sensible. 5 year contract? yeah right,, about as much as sherwoods was a 18 month one!. Still, as a show of 'intent', not such a bad thing. oh, and santi, f-- ., 0% wan---@r. tbh I'm a touch more optimistic than i was when vb was hired, but still reckon the job needs a touch more expi'rnce than 2 ish unproductive seasons managing in spain and one season in the prem gives .but we'll c.

• Like 2

So umusta been puntin4 rafa then rij? Canna think'o enywon else poss av'ble wot dun top 4 (cept 'arry of corse).

Have you been on the Bevy ??? SPEAK ENGLISH PLEASE and give a bit of STABILITY to the Forum. w00t.gif

BT

Have you been on the Bevy ??? SPEAK ENGLISH PLEASE and give a bit of STABILITY to the Forum. w00t.gif

BT

He's talking to Rij in Rij language.......best let them get on with itwink.png

I'm hoping Pochettino will create total instability in our squad. You Bigfoot must be well aware that the catastrophic period of stability under Moysie took your club back 27 years!!biggrin.png

Stability is the enemy of success.wai2.gif

• Like 1

Good hire I'd say. History of "success" in the EPL, seems to be a decent man manager, plays attacking football (and let's not forget Southampton was capable of playing defense at times), no nonsense type, and speaks the lingo of some of the foreign players which definitely won't hurt (como anda Erik ?). Maybe Spurs will have a shot at landing Lallana (though somehow I doubt it).

I'd say about as good as Spurs could have done, and nearly anybody would be better than General Dim.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1