Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Good hire I'd say. History of "success" in the EPL, seems to be a decent man manager, plays attacking football (and let's not forget Southampton was capable of playing defense at times), no nonsense type, and speaks the lingo of some of the foreign players which definitely won't hurt (como anda Erik ?). Maybe Spurs will have a shot at landing Lallana (though somehow I doubt it).

I'd say about as good as Spurs could have done, and nearly anybody would be better than General Dim.thumbsup.gif

Yes he's the best we realistically could have hired.

Plenty of positives swell. He will shore up the defense for starters. He will hopefully bring Erik Lamela through, proving he ever gets fully fit. He's far more tactically astute than Tim Sherwood and whilst others seem eager to disagree, they should remember that this squad under TS still achieved 69 points. So presumably all our detractors on here might agree with me and acknowledge that the new incumbent, being a better coach might well be able to improve on that points haul.

As far as signings, i'm not really following any reports on Lallana or anyone else we are chasing, because aside of the defense needing a revamp Pochettino has a very good squad already in situ, a point he has already acknowledged. yes, of course i'd like Adam Lallana but he's hardly a priority. Were better off for the most part working on what we have.

One thing is for sure and thats certain players (Sandro, Paulinho, Capoue, Lamela, Vertonghen, to name but five) will be much happier with the new coach and were fairly openly at loggerheads with sherwood. I also see these as key players in the new regime.

Theres a whole new back room staff coming which should see the departure of Chris Ramsey too. No substance yet to the rumors surrounding the future of Franco Baldini but it looks a possibility he might not feature in the plans agreed between Levy and Pochettino

Can't wait for the new season to start.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Good hire I'd say. History of "success" in the EPL, seems to be a decent man manager, plays attacking football (and let's not forget Southampton was capable of playing defense at times), no nonsense type, and speaks the lingo of some of the foreign players which definitely won't hurt (como anda Erik ?). Maybe Spurs will have a shot at landing Lallana (though somehow I doubt it).

I'd say about as good as Spurs could have done, and nearly anybody would be better than General Dim.thumbsup.gif

Plenty of positives swell. He will shore up the defense for starters. He will hopefully bring Erik Lamela through, proving he ever gets fully fit. He's far more tactically astute than Tim Sherwood and whilst others seem eager to disagree, they should remember that this squad under TS still achieved 69 points. So presumably all our detractors on here might agree with me and acknowledge that the new incumbent, being a better coach might well be able to improve on that points haul.

As far as signings, i'm not really following any reports on Lallana or anyone else we are chasing, because aside of the defense needing a revamp Pochettino has a very good squad already in situ, a point he has already acknowledged. yes, of course i'd like Adam Lallana but he's hardly a priority. Were better off for the most part working on what we have.

One thing is for sure and thats certain players (Sandro, Paulinho, Capoue, Lamela, Vertonghen, to name but five) will be much happier with the new coach and were fairly openly at loggerheads with sherwood. I also see these as key players in the new regime.

Theres a whole new back room staff coming which should see the departure of Chris Ramsey too. No substance yet to the rumors surrounding the future of Franco Baldini but it looks a possibility he might not feature in the plans agreed between Levy and Pochettino

Nice to see you're able to hit the bathroom early and not have to worry about threatening yourself with a straight razor. Sometimes things do get better.tongue.png

Good post Carms, I agree he is inheriting a good squad including two or three youngsters you didn't mention. Defence needs attention of course and hopefully Levy has promised unconditional funds for that pursuit, as frankly we have considerable unspent transfer funds in the coffers if you calculate the past few years business and arrive at the net figure. So hopefully no nonsense of 'we must sell him and him' before we can buy a couple defenders to fit our aspirations of the future. I pray Baldini is on his bike, cannot see an ounce of value he bought to the club. If Poncho can coax Lamela into staying, that will be a great positive to the dressing room. I agree for the most part we are better off working with what we have. If Soldadud and / or Ade depart, then a new striker with PL experience will be much appreciated Mr Levy, scoring goals is the name of the game, don't go making the same mistakes again!

Top 4 is going to be a big ask for such a relatively inexperienced new boy, but, Brendan Rogers surprised us all I think, even the scousers, so let's be optimistic. Cannot wait for the new season, thank god for the World Cup. COYS

jelly dog another talented midfeilder is about the last thing we need. hopefully he will be sensible and take a little time to look at the squad, saying that given our owners tradition in impatience wouldnt be surprised to see a flurry. And bear in mind he doesnt have the greatest transfer record, with osvaldo jumping straight to mind lets hope he shows some with our youngsters, we and they arnt quite up to the southampton youth culture mean but ,imo, still.worth persevering with.

jelly dog another talented midfeilder is about the last thing we need. hopefully he will be sensible and take a little time to look at the squad, saying that given our owners tradition in impatience wouldnt be surprised to see a flurry. And bear in mind he doesnt have the greatest transfer record, with osvaldo jumping straight to mind lets hope he shows some with our youngsters, we and they arnt quite up to the southampton youth culture mean but ,imo, still.worth persevering with.

How many do you have at present ? You were supposed to be swimming in them but I think the jury is out. thumbsup.gif

Do you fancy giving him a shot with the year-old underperformers? Or clearing them out and letting him buy his own?

I still think Wenger should take Soldaduddo off your hands for 50p and a cadbury's creme egg. He could probably squeeze 20 goals out him of the way we play.

How many do you have at present ? You were supposed to be swimming in them but I think the jury is out. thumbsup.gif

We have a very squad midfield but like any player they have to be in form playing to their potential. Capoue was very good aside of nasty injuries, Dembele the same, Paulinho undoubtedly a great talent but had a poor first season. Sandro simply didn't get on with Sherwood. Chadli was starting to find his feet and still has the potential we bought him for. the crying disappointment so far is Lamela. Bentaled had a very good first season when played in a central role.

Of the rest i don't see the need for Lennon or Sigurdsson.

So in summary with a good coach getting the best out of them, Eriksen, Lamela, Paulinho, Capoue, Sandro, Bentaleb, Dembele, Chadli is quite enough.

The defense is where a revamp is needed and then he has to tackle the usual situation of whether Adebayor wants to play and whether Soldado can play in this league.

I'd like Lloris and Vertonghen to stay but we'll have to see what happens in the world cup.

Don't need too many signings, left back, centre half, centre forward if one goes, that's about it !

Yes, quality left back, cover on the right for Walker and a quality center back. not much ado is it considering we're supposed to be in so much turmoil Alf!!!

Don't need too many signings, left back, centre half, centre forward if one goes, that's about it !

Shaw, Lovren and Lambert biggrin.png

i think Lovren is a very distinct possibility and a very decent player. I actually be surprised if we didn't move on him.

Shaw, Lovren and Lambert biggrin.png

i think Lovren is a very distinct possibility and a very decent player. I actually be surprised if we didn't move on him.

Taken to the PL like a duck to water, excellent player and one of the main reasons behind Southampton's success. If Spurs don't move for him someone will IMO.

Of course I was joking about Shaw he's probably already signed.

How would you feel about Lambert? Still good enough for England at 31 says Roy of the Rovers.

We have a very squad midfield but like any player they have to be in form playing to their potential. Capoue was very good aside of nasty injuries, Dembele the same, Paulinho undoubtedly a great talent but had a poor first season. Sandro simply didn't get on with Sherwood. Chadli was starting to find his feet and still has the potential we bought him for. the crying disappointment so far is Lamela. Bentaled had a very good first season when played in a central role.

So in summary with a good coach getting the best out of them, Eriksen, Lamela, Paulinho, Capoue, Sandro, Bentaleb, Dembele, Chadli is quite enough.

The defense is where a revamp is needed and then he has to tackle the usual situation of whether Adebayor wants to play and whether Soldado can play in this league.

I'd like Lloris and Vertonghen to stay but we'll have to see what happens in the world cup.

Ok Carmine. I get it. No Lallana for you then.thumbsup.gif

Ok Carmine. I get it. No Lallana for you then.thumbsup.gif

Oh no, i'd love to sign Lallana but, one, midfield shouldn't be our focus of priority and two i expect the move to Liverpool is done bar an arm wrestle of the final fee.

Edited by carmine

Oh no, i'd love to sign Lallana but, one, midfield shouldn't be our focus of priority and two i expect the move to Liverpool is done bar an arm wrestle of the final fee.

I suspect he will be hot property after he scores a hat full in Brazil and we win the World Cup. Hope the scousers can afford him.

Edited by iancnx

Never a dull moment on the Spurs thread, that's for sure. smile.png

Always dramas and complexities. facepalm.gif

But that's not an invitation for BigToe to wade in with the STABILITY thing. smile.png

van Gaal will be rustling feathers, and cracking eggs all over the place.

thumbsup.gif

I think it's called 'leadership'.

You are so screwed :)

"Former Tottenham boss Christian Gross believes the appointment of Mauricio Pochettino by his old club is a positive step.:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Last season we had an awful lot of players having ' first seasons ' even down to rose, it could well be argued it was his first season as first choice l/b. we saw it's one thing playing on loan at Sunderland different kettle when goes in as a first choice at a team with champs lge aspirations, and jellydog more or less every one of the middies we bought had stepped up at their previous clubs not 2 unlike Lallanana, no doubts the boys a class act, but another fighting in that position on a 'first season' aint what the squad needs, a decent left sided defending center back is all that's really needed and maybe some genuine pace attacking on the left hand side.. but hopefully the manager will take a little time and assess, then move.

Tony Parks has been replaced as goalkeeping coach. Not so sure this is a great idea especially as he got on well with Hugo Lloris.

Parks was a good servant to the club over many years.

Barking mad, unless that means Lloris is on his way out, which would be fookin not good!

Tony Parks has been replaced as goalkeeping coach. Not so sure this is a great idea especially as he got on well with Hugo Lloris.

Barking mad, unless that means Lloris is on his way out, which would be fookin not good!

To be fair it's the way of the world, a new manager brings with him his team and out go the old team !

To be fair it's the way of the world, a new manager brings with him his team and out go the old team !

Nice to see Pochy in your new avatar.

He will know a good central defender and he had one at Saints, hopefully he can lure him to Spurs. thumbsup.gif

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 2

He will know a good central defender and he had one at Saints, hopefully he can lure him to Spurs. thumbsup.gif

you read my mind Ups!!

Nice to see Alfie moving on from the AVB days.biggrin.png