Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Really so what does his job actually entail then? Putting out the cones for training?

Baldini oversaw the departures of Steven Caulker, Tom Huddlestone,Clint Dempsey, Scott Parker and Gareth Bale for a reported world record fee of £85.3m to Real Madrid. He was thought to be responsible for signing several replacement players during the summer, including; Paulinho, Nacer Chadli, Etienne Capoue, Roberto Soldado, Vlad Chiriches, Christian Eriksen and Erik Lamela

dunno who you quoted but they appear more in the know than Alfie...unsurprisingly. And if a Director of Football (or whatever his title is) isn't responsible for overseeing scouting/player purchases, I make you right....What does his job entail? Doubt if Tim (nice but dim) would trust him with the cones...that was Sir Les's jobbiggrin.png

To be fair the lack of knowledge of these 2 posters astounds me, so

being as you two ain't got a clue to what a Dof F does perhaps this explains :

Villas-Boas has championed the appointment of a technical director who, he hopes, can recommend transfer targets, close deals with the minimum of fuss and, also, allow him to concentrate on his primary function as a coach.

The Portuguese, who on Tuesday turned down the chance to manage Paris Saint-Germain, has been keen to welcome "someone who has experience of dressing rooms, represents the club and is able to link up with players and agents," and Baldini, the former Bologna, Bari and Pescara player, fits the profile.

"Franco is extremely well respected in the industry, possessing an extensive knowledge of players around the world," Levy said. "He will strengthen our football management team, particularly in the field of recruitment, working closely with André Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood across all levels on the playing side."

Do you 2 understand now ?

Shame you can't read posts properly Alfie. You have actually confirmed exactly what I said the job of a DoF "should be" You still keep giving dontchacheesy.gif

• Like 1

Think it was You who said 2 were AVB's choice Alf.

Can't remember which ones though. Lamela and Paulinho?

Let not the detail interfere with the big picture though.

Baldini recommendations and AVB management didn't work.

Pochettino has to pick up the strings.

He may well be successful, but I doubt if he needs any help from Baldini in Brazil.

Wasn't me, ive never spoken to anyone involved in transfer dealings at Spurs !

I would imagine the manager and coaches discuss these issues from time to time...same as the manager and chairman will do....where the team can be improved is one thing but selling players another.

You see when a player has a contract with a club its a different matter....unless they want to force a move its a tough one for any club if you want them to leave.

Clubs buy players because they think they may improve the team immediately...or in the years to come...no club is different in this.

So we look at last summer's signings...and overall looking at the youth and inexperience in the Premiership I am reasonably happy overall.

Is Daniel Levy more or less happy than me? Well we will find out over the summer....but I can't see many of those who arrived leaving this time around....perhaps one or two at the most.

But you ended the season not knowing who your best 11 were or where they should play.

Presumably therefore the expectation on Pochettino is to sort it, and sooner rather than later.

Tottenham Hotspur use statistics analysis to help them determine transfer purchases. The idea is to identify players with the potential to become stars or who increase greatly in value, in other words payers who are undervalued. It's an approach that Manchester City's new owners employ and that Roma use as well.

Spurs use a company called Decision Technology which provides us with player recruitment advice and strategy consultancy. The company created a set of statistical models it uses that predict football games and rates players.

You forgot to mention following RAWK and then bidding for anyone LFC are interested inbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

So, if purchases from the World Cup usually end in tears at club level ( smokies post on a thread I can't find ), and Poch is gonna have to work with existing players....

what is DOF Baldini doing in Brazil?

Putting the cones out, having a holiday or looking for a job?

Paid for by Levy.

smile.png

dunno who you quoted but they appear more in the know than Alfie...unsurprisingly. And if a Director of Football (or whatever his title is) isn't responsible for overseeing scouting/player purchases, I make you right....What does his job entail? Doubt if Tim (nice but dim) would trust him with the cones...that was Sir Les's jobbiggrin.png

Villas-Boas has championed the appointment of a technical director who, he hopes, can recommend transfer targets, close deals with the minimum of fuss and, also, allow him to concentrate on his primary function as a coach.

The Portuguese, who on Tuesday turned down the chance to manage Paris Saint-Germain, has been keen to welcome "someone who has experience of dressing rooms, represents the club and is able to link up with players and agents," and Baldini, the former Bologna, Bari and Pescara player, fits the profile.

"Franco is extremely well respected in the industry, possessing an extensive knowledge of players around the world," Levy said. "He will strengthen our football management team, particularly in the field of recruitment, working closely with André Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood across all levels on the playing side."

Shame you can't read posts properly Alfie. You have actually confirmed exactly what I said the job of a DoF "should be" You still keep giving dontchacheesy.gif

You and chicoq both asked "What does his job entail?", so the above clarifys everything for you ! does it not ?

Tottenham Hotspur use statistics analysis to help them determine transfer purchases. The idea is to identify players with the potential to become stars or who increase greatly in value, in other words payers who are undervalued. It's an approach that Manchester City's new owners employ and that Roma use as well.

Spurs use a company called Decision Technology which provides us with player recruitment advice and strategy consultancy. The company created a set of statistical models it uses that predict football games and rates players.

You forgot to mention following RAWK and then bidding for anyone LFC are interested inbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Who have we bid for that Liverpool are interested in ? you really should take what you read in the papers with a pinch of salt, so gullable !

Edited by alfieconn

Perhaps the bindippers could use this company being as you lot moan about the signings from last season !

You and chicoq both asked "What does his job entail?", so the above clarifys everything for you ! does it not ?

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png Step1 Read the quote again,not just the last five words

Step 2 Look up the phrase Rhetorical question.

Step 3 Checkand see if yourhole has reached Australia yet biggrin.png

Who have we bid for that Liverpool are interested in ? you really should take what you read in the papers with a pinch of salt, so gullable !

You havn't answered the question have you ?

I'd ask for a refund

Apparently Liverpool already have Bob !

• Like 1

Here's one for the Alfiecon* Spurs thread.mourinho.jpg

I'm going to put you on ignore, your boring the life out of me !

Grammatical correction AC.

'You are' or 'You're'.

'Your' is incorrect in this context.

Anybody teach you English at school.

Edited by P45Mustang

Yeah. Good point.

Not bad at tennis too apparently.

Mixed doubles with his wife and Mr and Mrs Abramovich at Wimbledon courts.

thumbsup.gif

Short drive home in the Mercedes Benz. ABR 1

Edited by P45Mustang

'You are' or 'You're'.

Bore off ya toob.

• Like 1

Think it was You who said 2 were AVB's choice Alf.

Can't remember which ones though. Lamela and Paulinho?

Let not the detail interfere with the big picture though.

Baldini recommendations and AVB management didn't work.

Pochettino has to pick up the strings.

He may well be successful, but I doubt if he needs any help from Baldini in Brazil.

Wasn't me, ive never spoken to anyone involved in transfer dealings at Spurs !

I would imagine the manager and coaches discuss these issues from time to time...same as the manager and chairman will do....where the team can be improved is one thing but selling players another.

You see when a player has a contract with a club its a different matter....unless they want to force a move its a tough one for any club if you want them to leave.

Clubs buy players because they think they may improve the team immediately...or in the years to come...no club is different in this.

So we look at last summer's signings...and overall looking at the youth and inexperience in the Premiership I am reasonably happy overall.

Is Daniel Levy more or less happy than me? Well we will find out over the summer....but I can't see many of those who arrived leaving this time around....perhaps one or two at the most.

But you ended the season not knowing who your best 11 were or where they should play.

Presumably therefore the expectation on Pochettino is to sort it, and sooner rather than later.

Bump.

'You are' or 'You're'.

Bore off ya toob.

Have this back from your mate AC, and stick it.

attachicon.gif jose.jpg