Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I didn't get to see the first half as I was still at work but giving away a soft (nay dubious) penalty so early in the second half is a sucker punch for any team and extremely difficult to come back from, particular against a side like Liverpool. If you'd have held on a bit longer when it was at 0-1 I don't know if you'd have come back or not but it certainly made the task nigh on impossible.

I didn't get to see the first half as I was still at work but giving away a soft (nay dubious) penalty so early in the second half is a sucker punch for any team and extremely difficult to come back from, particular against a side like Liverpool. If you'd have held on a bit longer when it was at 0-1 I don't know if you'd have come back or not but it certainly made the task nigh on impossible.

No complaints here mrboj.. .they were better than us....simple as that.

• Like 1

Truth hurts.

Spurs should never have got rid of Harry, and they won't make top 4 this season.

With any luck, Spurs will be a stepping stone for Pochettino to move to a club without serious baggage.

Like I said mrboj.....please...

You sound down and out smokes. Go and have a beer. It all feels better when your inebriated biggrin.png

You sound down and out smokes. Go and have a beer. It all feels better when your inebriated biggrin.png

Alirs zut mrboj!! I am sitting in the sun listening to the karaoke....and beeringbit up....all is soooo good.

How's the sandpit?

• Like 1

I think you are right. Doubt Faz will play, its too early and God forbid Naughton is even considered. Dier's a far better player.

Dier will know Markovic already so may ask to be restedbiggrin.png
if I were u ide be just as worried what either of our wide boys lennon or townsend will do to moron ure new l/b.

I think our left back again proved today you wouldn't know a good footballer if he stood up in your soup.

' ' and u 'think' now there's a shock and there was me taking u on face value of being a stereotypical graceless loud mouthed classless northern redneck,,,, ,, but yeah the boy did well 2 day especially going forward , but didn't against man city. saying that personally I reckon potts missed one 2 day by not really starting with width and pace and trying to push your backs into defending more but there u go.

I think our left back again proved today you wouldn't know a good footballer if he stood up in your soup.

' ' and u 'think' now there's a shock and there was me taking u on face value of being a stereotypical graceless loud mouthed classless northern redneck,,,, ,, but yeah the boy did well 2 day especially going forward , but didn't against man city. saying that personally I reckon potts missed one 2 day by not really starting with width and pace and trying to push your backs into defending more but there u go.

I'm quite cultured I'll have you know, btw

post-102811-0-93971900-1409500483_thumb.

• Like 1

Talking about being foxy..... All eyes on Filbert Way...... Given top 3 are already sorted, we now need to give a big cheer for KING POWER

Ps . If you hate Arsenal -Stand Up.............

Edited by iancnx

Well....this is why I was more cautious than others on the thread regards this match and the "progress" we have made.

Its three games into the season and all I see so far is the same as last season....too many of our players don't have a sense of urgency or the quality to spot the right run or pass.

Defensively we make catastrophic mistakes and frankly up front Adebayor us not good enough to lead the line.

The real issue of course is Levy and the unwillingness to spend any real money other than what is recouped on sales.

Sadly we have 24 hours to bring in a midfielder who can make a proper link between defence and attack and someone who can properly lead our line who isn't a gormless muppet.

Sad to say this but its true....the only light at the end of this current period might result in the Northumberland project coming to fruition.

Apologies if I seem overly upset as I am not....Liverpool are a bloody good team....top four likely this season but our board will be happy with sixth or seventh I am sure....its a truth we simply have to swallow for the moment.

Perhaps next week we will take our two clear goalscoring opportunities but I won't be holding my breath..

Have a great week fellow Spurs fans. :-)

Voice of reason as ever smokie.

A s i said b4 at half time they deserved their lead, and in all fairness had baloteli taken his chances could have had a few more, saying that with a touch more composure we could have scored a couple but they moved the ball around more accurately and a lot quicker and were a lot more mobile all over the park, they always seemed into the 'press' far quicker giving our mids no space or time But coming out for the second half at 1=0 who knows, but as you say the pen changed the game and effectively killed things. overall tbh i was a touch disappointed in the way potts handled today, but their u go

a big cheer for KING POWER

You are having a Giraffe aren't you Ian. Yeah to Leicester but no to King Power.

just out of interest, whats wrong with king power? surely just another Asian corporation, probably not 2 much unlike the one you work for .

You are having a Giraffe aren't you Ian. Yeah to Leicester but no to King Power.

just out of interest, whats wrong with king power? surely just another Asian corporation, probably not 2 much unlike the one you work for .

Have a search through the news section.

Bwahahaha.....google king power airport scam rij.

Sri Lankan Tony?

Newin?

• Like 1

Bwahahaha.....google king power airport scam rij.

'duty free' is a huge world wide con, and has been since the,,,, 80's hardly just down to king power, And as for the cops and security ripping vulnerable tourists off,,, well its Thailand the land of the smile hiding the poor, what do u expect.

Tell you what though. That left back from Liverpool is classy.

Think his name his Moreno.

Special One reckoned he was a much better option than Shaw. Not sure why we didn't pursue him tbh.

We bought Luis for similar money in the end.

Anyway, back on topic. Dier looks quality. Haven't seen Baldini recently. Is he still in Brazil.

Hell in earth rij.... I had no idea this was happening at Heathrow or Charles De Gaulle.....I will be on my guard!!

I wouldnt worry smokie, sometimes The Sunshine bus is let loose

I was in one of those back in 1993...we ended up in Amsterdam.....I don't remember anything about the subsequent trips to Rome and Greece....

Special One reckoned he was a much better option than Shaw. Not sure why we didn't pursue him tbh.

Anyway, back on topic. Dier looks quality. Haven't seen Baldini recently. Is he still in Brazil.

12m quid v 15.8m quid.....yeah, similar as both end in 'quid'. cheesy.gif

12m quid v 15.8m quid.....yeah, similar as both end in 'quid'. cheesy.gif

Fair point mate. Chelsea balked at £18mil for Moreno when Shaw was up for £27mil.

United eventually got Shaw for about 30, we bought Luis at 16, and Liverpool ended up with Moreno at 12.

Excellent purchase for Liverpool. As the jerks at White Hart Lane saw today.

• Like 1