Tottenham Thread

chonabot

It would be a shame if vardy is suspended for more than one match, and Leicester faltered because of one angry exchange in the heat of the moment. Spurs winning by default is a hollow victory, and I'm sure most fans would like to see Leicester at full strength, and if spurs did overhaul them it would be well deserved. Nevertheless, spurs are looking exceptional right now.

It would be a shame if vardy is suspended for more than one match, and Leicester faltered because of one angry exchange in the heat of the moment. Spurs winning by default is a hollow victory, and I'm sure most fans would like to see Leicester at full strength, and if spurs did overhaul them it would be well deserved. Nevertheless, spurs are looking exceptional right now.

Spurs haven't been at full strength part of the season so does that mean if Leicester win the league they have done it by default ?

Spurs haven't been at full strength part of the season so does that mean if Leicester win the league they have done it by default ?

In comparison to spurs, Leicester are minnows in depth of squad. To put it into perspective Sterling move to man c cost more than the entire Leicester team. That's why this season has been a breath of fresh air, with the top two breaking the same old teams.

Whatever, spurs have a great young squad and they will win the premiership title next season, if not this one. As for Leicester, they will need to invest to stand any chance in the champions league.

• Like 1

In comparison to spurs, Leicester are minnows in depth of squad. To put it into perspective Sterling move to man c cost more than the entire Leicester team. That's why this season has been a breath of fresh air, with the top two breaking the same old teams.

Whatever, spurs have a great young squad and they will win the premiership title next season, if not this one. As for Leicester, they will need to invest to stand any chance in the champions league.

Spurs fans know that ...that statement is just crass.

I'm confused here. You spurs fans like to play it down with "oh we're so shocked to be in the top 4" (oh yeah course you are) but now you're saying you're going to win it next season. Here's the reality, that this has been the most unusual of seasons since the Premier commenced, there's going to be a new winner of the Premier this season of either Leicester or Spurs, 5 points behind with 4 to play it is very possible for Spurs to win it (we've seen that often in recent seasons that the leader's wheels come off when the pressure is at its peak), and Spurs have as much chance of winning next season as anybody. Stop playing it down boys, you're fooling no one. Spurs have done exceptionally well this season so tell it as it is.

I'm confused here. You spurs fans like to play it down with "oh we're so shocked to be in the top 4" (oh yeah course you are) but now you're saying you're going to win it next season. Here's the reality, that this has been the most unusual of seasons since the Premier commenced, there's going to be a new winner of the Premier this season of either Leicester or Spurs, 5 points behind with 4 to play it is very possible for Spurs to win it (we've seen that often in recent seasons that the leader's wheels come off when the pressure is at its peak), and Spurs have as much chance of winning next season as anybody. Stop playing it down boys, you're fooling no one. Spurs have done exceptionally well this season so tell it as it is.

We just keep plodding along and hopefully we might do OK. tongue.png

Where are we saying that facepalm.gif

You've been saying it for the past 60 years.

54 years actually biggrin.png

• Like 2

^"Whatever, spurs have a great young squad and they will win the premiership title next season, if not this one."

54 years actually biggrin.png

Just curious if any of you spurs fans on here are actually old enough to remember spurs being crowned champions in 1961? Any one?

I think you've missed the point. So, to clarify, certainly from my perspective, i'm genuinely taken aback at the improvement we've made during the course of the season. Thats it.

I think you've missed the point. So, to clarify, certainly from my perspective, i'm genuinely taken aback at the improvement we've made during the course of the season. Thats it.

Oh yeah. We are ALL taken aback at the improvement spurs have made during this season. ;-) Edited by Bredbury Blue

Just curious if any of you spurs fans on here are actually old enough to remember spurs being crowned champions in 1961? Any one?

They lost 2-3 to Leicester at home that season, but yes I remember them it was a great team. (I'm a closet Spurs fan)

I agree, and after supporting Tottenham for the last 40 odd years, i also think next season will be much more competitive, and the teams that miss out on UCL football like Chelsea, and prob ManUtd and Liverpool (unless they win the Europa Cup) will have an advantage over the others for the title.

The last time Tottenham were in the UCL our league form was very inconsistent.

Edited by sotsira

I agree, and after supporting Tottenham for the last 40 odd years, i also think next season will be much more competitive, and the teams that miss out on UCL football like Chelsea, and prob ManUtd and Liverpool (unless they win the Europa Cup) will have an advantage over the others for the title.

The last time Tottenham were in the UCL our league form was very inconsistent.

Spurs or Leicester will be champions, that was confirmed today. It will be interesting to see how both perform next season as it's very clear that all teams struggle to play with the same momentum the following season. It will also be interesting to see if they strengthen or are cherrypicked - I read the other day the top players at spurs are on less than half of the best paid in the Premier and isn't the likes of Alli only on 25k...plenty of scope there for the bigger European teams to pick them up not too expensively.

I know what your saying about Next season and the likely lads, But remember a few thing this group. of players have been 2 gether 4 ish years and additions will be supplementing as opposed to restructuring , overall we're a better team than ALL the teams you mentioned and arguably less reliant on the form of individuals. Personally think we need to buy some extra pace to use on the break. Baring kane we're double covered in most positions, but sheer pace we are a bit thin on the ground. As the champ s lge fixtures kicks in, making a strong start will be double important. For once i'm confident we're gonna challenge.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app