Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I'm confused here. You spurs fans like to play it down with "oh we're so shocked to be in the top 4" (oh yeah course you are) but now you're saying you're going to win it next season. Here's the reality, that this has been the most unusual of seasons since the Premier commenced, there's going to be a new winner of the Premier this season of either Leicester or Spurs, 5 points behind with 4 to play it is very possible for Spurs to win it (we've seen that often in recent seasons that the leader's wheels come off when the pressure is at its peak), and Spurs have as much chance of winning next season as anybody. Stop playing it down boys, you're fooling no one. Spurs have done exceptionally well this season so tell it as it is.

I think you've missed the point. So, to clarify, certainly from my perspective, i'm genuinely taken aback at the improvement we've made during the course of the season. Thats it.

I agree, and after supporting Tottenham for the last 40 odd years, i also think next season will be much more competitive, and the teams that miss out on UCL football like Chelsea, and prob ManUtd and Liverpool (unless they win the Europa Cup) will have an advantage over the others for the title.

The last time Tottenham were in the UCL our league form was very inconsistent.

Spurs or Leicester will be champions, that was confirmed today. It will be interesting to see how both perform next season as it's very clear that all teams struggle to play with the same momentum the following season. It will also be interesting to see if they strengthen or are cherrypicked - I read the other day the top players at spurs are on less than half of the best paid in the Premier and isn't the likes of Alli only on 25k...plenty of scope there for the bigger European teams to pick them up not too expensively.

Leicester carried on their form from the last 1/3rd of last season into this one.

And no doubts levy will be on the case with new contracts .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm confused here. You spurs fans like to play it down with "oh we're so shocked to be in the top 4" (oh yeah course you are) but now you're saying you're going to win it next season. Here's the reality, that this has been the most unusual of seasons since the Premier commenced, there's going to be a new winner of the Premier this season of either Leicester or Spurs, 5 points behind with 4 to play it is very possible for Spurs to win it (we've seen that often in recent seasons that the leader's wheels come off when the pressure is at its peak), and Spurs have as much chance of winning next season as anybody. Stop playing it down boys, you're fooling no one. Spurs have done exceptionally well this season so tell it as it is.

I think you've missed the point. So, to clarify, certainly from my perspective, i'm genuinely taken aback at the improvement we've made during the course of the season. Thats it.

I agree, and after supporting Tottenham for the last 40 odd years, i also think next season will be much more competitive, and the teams that miss out on UCL football like Chelsea, and prob ManUtd and Liverpool (unless they win the Europa Cup) will have an advantage over the others for the title.

The last time Tottenham were in the UCL our league form was very inconsistent.

Spurs or Leicester will be champions, that was confirmed today. It will be interesting to see how both perform next season as it's very clear that all teams struggle to play with the same momentum the following season. It will also be interesting to see if they strengthen or are cherrypicked - I read the other day the top players at spurs are on less than half of the best paid in the Premier and isn't the likes of Alli only on 25k...plenty of scope there for the bigger European teams to pick them up not too expensively.

Why not too expensively ?

Edited by alfieconn

I know what your saying about Next season and the likely lads, But remember a few thing this group. of players have been 2 gether 4 ish years and additions will be supplementing as opposed to restructuring , overall we're a better team than ALL the teams you mentioned and arguably less reliant on the form of individuals. Personally think we need to buy some extra pace to use on the break. Baring kane we're double covered in most positions, but sheer pace we are a bit thin on the ground. As the champ s lge fixtures kicks in, making a strong start will be double important. For once i'm confident we're gonna challenge.

I hope you're not still thinking of Berahino, he can't even take penalties.

I reckon Poch has his eye on someone with pace to be up front with Kane,

probably someone who will surprise everyone. But if he does buy i trust

his judgement he's done really well so far.

Leicester will go all the way , I was hoping they would slip up today without Vardy but they have plenty of other players capable of scoring goals.

Well next season then , let's go for the double , PL and CL .

I know what your saying about Next season and the likely lads, But remember a few thing this group. of players have been 2 gether 4 ish years and additions will be supplementing as opposed to restructuring , overall we're a better team than ALL the teams you mentioned and arguably less reliant on the form of individuals. Personally think we need to buy some extra pace to use on the break. Baring kane we're double covered in most positions, but sheer pace we are a bit thin on the ground. As the champ s lge fixtures kicks in, making a strong start will be double important. For once i'm confident we're gonna challenge.

I hope you're not still thinking of Berahino, he can't even take penalties.

I reckon Poch has his eye on someone with pace to be up front with Kane,

probably someone who will surprise everyone. But if he does buy i trust

his judgement he's done really well so far.

a season and a bit for a small skillful striker under pullis is more than enuf, tbh i'm surprised he's even got bac in the team, i said it right at the beginning of this whole berihino saga , look back he really aint pullis's style of front man,and the chairman was a total <deleted> and should have let him go when pullis wanted to sell him, v v expensive error for ALL concerned however form is transient, class is permanent and Imo, note imo,berahino is still a class act given the right structure he'll show, and what is poch good at? but saying that we've , more or less got champions le , and that makes a whole new catorgory of player availiable, so we'll see

No , my father did.

Mr Rijit senior.

in the womb for the double season, dad was obviously happy.

grandfather, father, me, if your a spur, you love them at their best and worst.

like to win things, but if we don't, play with style and the spurs way, mediocre sides are not what our greats envisioned.

• Like 1

^Spot on! If it's in your blood, it's win or lose, you have no choice but to stick with them. Every season I say this will be my last, I find it harder now we win than when we were average, but I can't shake it. After the abysmal showing in the recent derby, I went from immediately after that game until the day of the next game without opening any City website I was so upset with them. It'd be at least a century of City support in my family, but some times I wonder if I did the right thing indoctrinating my boys...think you'll know what I mean...sometimes supporting hurts real bad and the feeling is 10 times more than the feeling of winning.

Ps. Like your Dukla ticket thingeymebob.

I've got to say this is the best TEAM I've ever seen at spurs burkenshaws crew that came up and won the cup winners cup maybe got near, but the rest had totally marvelous gifted individuals greaves Gaza linear. Waddle. Walsh klinsman. Ect ect. But imo we've NEVER had a better TEAM than we've got now.

• Like 1

I've got to say this is the best TEAM I've ever seen at spurs burkenshaws crew that came up and won the cup winners cup maybe got near, but the rest had totally marvelous gifted individuals greaves Gaza linear. Waddle. Walsh klinsman. Ect ect. But imo we've NEVER had a better TEAM than we've got now.

They seem to be improving still as well....I'm loving watching the team right now regardless of what happens at the end of this season.

They seem to be improving still as well....I'm loving watching the team right now regardless of what happens at the end of this season.

Yep they do seems to be getting stronger now Could that be down to them for the first time for ??? Weeks,, /months they are only playing one game a week?

Yep they do seems to be getting stronger now Could that be down to them for the first time for ??? Weeks,, /months they are only playing one game a week?

Absolutely, that's why next season will be much harder especially if we're playing UCL, we'll

need to add 3 or 4 players to take all competitions seriously.

• Like 2

Looks like I won't make it to the game tonight. Basking in the glorious weather in Lagos, Portugal. Tune Hotel in London cancelled.

Apropos of nothing I spent some time recently in Faro hanging out at a restaurant owned and operated by a Serb ex-footballer. He played in the Portuguese league for years and apparently did well. Heck of a nice guy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevan_Milovac

Looks like I won't make it to the game tonight. Basking in the glorious weather in Lagos, Portugal. Tune Hotel in London cancelled.

Apropos of nothing I spent some time recently in Faro hanging out at a restaurant owned and operated by a Serb ex-footballer. He played in the Portuguese league for years and apparently did well. Heck of a nice guy.

...but did he know Kolorov? ;-)

I'm flying my kite here you ba***rd.

Never mind I'm sure I'll be smiling at the final whistle! ;)

• Like 1

I'm flying my kite here you ba***rd.

Never mind I'm sure I'll be smiling at the final whistle! wink.png

If ever you're in Lagos Smokes, check out "Fools&Horses". Owned and operated by a Spurs fan. Nice folks.

Off to Berlin tomorrow where I'll freeze my ass off.facepalm.gif

Worst thing tonight was the annoying Dundonian whittering in my ear for 60 mins.

I swear I'll end up murdering one of them eventually.

Anyway we didn't kill it and they earnt their point.

Edited by smokie36

such is life, could and should have put wba to bed, when spurs were buzzing a bit.

wba happy with a point, foxes very happy.

levy, must let out some money so poch can get some more players of his choosing.

Theres plenty of players coming through the academy. Onomah, Winks, Walker-Peters, Carter-Vickers to name but four.

If any purchases are to be made then cover for Alderweirald and back up for Kane might be where the monies spent.

• Like 1

the second half when wb pushed further up the field they were open to pace ,, their back line were that slow that even Erickson out paced them!!!! ,, but we didnt have any extra to bring on to finish them off