Tottenham Thread

chonabot

5 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

To be fair, we got rid of Defoe because he wasn't scoring too many in his last few season's,  besides Poch doesn't take backward steps and he certainly doesn't sign players at 34 years of age !

As an impact sub he's better than Janssen, he's scored 15 goals in 35 for the 

worst team in the EPL, how many would he have scored in this Tottenham side?

He's also available on a free transfer which would mean we could keep Janssen 

for another season to give him a chance, where as if we buy another striker for 

another 20-25M Janssen would prob have to be sold.

3 strikers is better than just Kane + 1

2 hours ago, sotsira said:

As an impact sub he's better than Janssen, he's scored 15 goals in 35 for the 

worst team in the EPL, how many would he have scored in this Tottenham side?

He's also available on a free transfer which would mean we could keep Janssen 

for another season to give him a chance, where as if we buy another striker for 

another 20-25M Janssen would prob have to be sold.

3 strikers is better than just Kane + 1

In theory defoe works but reality poch got rid cos he struggled to handle his style/ tempo of football, fair play to defoe he's learnt the 'new role' and adapted it but bottom line to play in our team u need to put a double shift in and he just doesnt sure hed  score goals but bottom line he dont fit our team 'profile'. I'm optimistic on jansen, he' s young hungry aggressive and its about time  someone poch signed really kicked on. Signings aint his strongest point.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2017 at 6:06 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

"Did Spurs lead the table at any point this season?"
Think the last time Spurs topped the Premier was 13 minutes in March 2016. There's a DVD available somewhere. ..I'll see if I can find a copy of it

Found it; still being sold near Nana 

post-118612-14571948039299_thumb.jpeg

2 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

In theory defoe works but reality poch got rid cos he struggled to handle his style/ tempo of football, fair play to defoe he's learnt the 'new role' and adapted it but bottom line to play in our team u need to put a double shift in and he just doesnt sure hed  score goals but bottom line he dont fit our team 'profile'. I'm optimistic on jansen, he' s young hungry aggressive and its about time  someone poch signed really kicked on. Signings aint his strongest point.

Had a look at what's regarded as his best and worst and fazio, strambouli, and n,Jie are in the bottom half but his other signings make up most of your best players. Dier, alli, wanyama, Davies, toby,  song, trippier. So I'm not with you on that he seems very accomplished where signings are concerned.

Defoe - maybe it's a missing piece that's needed. Someone that won a cup even if it was the fa cup yonks ago but he's won a cup he knows the feeling and he would likely be a good role model for under achievers and youth like jansen who I think could still be a bright performer.

3 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Had a look at what's regarded as his best and worst and fazio, strambouli, and n,Jie are in the bottom half but his other signings make up most of your best players. Dier, alli, wanyama, Davies, toby,  song, trippier. So I'm not with you on that he seems very accomplished where signings are concerned.

Defoe - maybe it's a missing piece that's needed. Someone that won a cup even if it was the fa cup yonks ago but he's won a cup he knows the feeling and he would likely be a good role model for under achievers and youth like jansen who I think could still be a bright performer.

We won't be signing Defoe in a million years so i don't know why it's even being discussed any further, you might as well be talking about martians playing for Liverpool  :biggrin:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Obviously  RC has failed to notice that we only sign hungry young players :biggrin:

Course it's been noted but the Zlatan effect is strong and it's been noticed and it well get relabelled. You need it it cannot just be young hungry lads it needs a couple of calmer heads in the mix and I'm guessing that's exactly what will be added to your team and if it does. Who knows it could be time for the hot in the spur

Just now, Rc2702 said:

Course it's been noted but the Zlatan effect is strong and it's been noticed and it well get relabelled. You need it it cannot just be young hungry lads it needs a couple of calmer heads in the mix and I'm guessing that's exactly what will be added to your team and if it does. Who knows it could be time for the hot in the spur

And i'm guessing they won't be added to our team :smile:

2 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

And i'm guessing they won't be added to our team :smile:

OK i'll play. Poch will seek a 30+ midfielder or forward in your squad next season. No sell on value a just here and now player who has done some rounds and got a few medal/s

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

OK i'll play. Poch will seek a 30+ midfielder or forward in your squad next season. No sell on value a just here and now player who has done some rounds and got a few medal/s

Nope same policy will apply.

We are playing the long game.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Nope same policy will apply.

We are playing the long game.

No way my old China poch needs it so I think he will have a little more urgency this year and you need it as it's the 3rd time lucky.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Well make up your mind,  originally you said "I'm guessing that's exactly what will be added to your team"  to be fair it doesn't really matter which one it is because it won't happen !

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

Well make up your mind,  originally you said "I'm guessing that's exactly what will be added to your team"  to be fair it doesn't really matter which one it is because it won't happen !

Paper bag Alfie. Your squad needs experience and I'm guessing this is the way they go with one maybe two this season coming.  Not sure how I have created two questionable statements.

Youth will be invested in of course but a couple of veterans (30+) could be very effective on or off the pitch. 

8 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

You really are talking nonsense now!!

8 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Paper bag Alfie. Your squad needs experience and I'm guessing this is the way they go with one maybe two this season coming.  Not sure how I have created two questionable statements.

Youth will be invested in of course but a couple of veterans (30+) could be very effective on or off the pitch. 

What i'm reading in your posts is a basic, fundamental lack of understanding on the philosophy of the Bielsa brand of football that Pochettino has adopted.  You are as far off the mark as it is possible to be.  Pochettino will be doing the total opposite to what you are suggesting.  

Even Dembele and Vertonghen at 29yo are veterans on borrowed time, with teenage replacements lined up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

What i'm reading in your post a basic, fundamental lack of understanding on the philosophy of the Bielsa brand of football that Pochettino has adopted.  You are as far off the mark as it is possible to be.  Pochettino will be doing the total opposite to what you are suggesting.  

Even Dembele and Vertonghen at 29yo are veterans on borrowed time, with teenage replacements lined up.

Who are the two teenage replacements lined up cause I dont see either being replaced by a teenager any time soon?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Who are the two teenage replacements lined up cause I dont see either being replaced by a teenage

Cameran Carter-Vickers at center back and Harry Winks.  Both teenagers that have come through our academy.  (As opposed to buying a seasoned pro for stupid money and sticking them on 220k per week)

Problem is you only see what you want to

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, carmine said:

Cameran Carter-Vickers at center back and Harry Winks.  Both teenagers that have come through our academy.  (As opposed to buying a seasoned pro for stupid money and sticking them on 220k per week)

Problem is you only see what you want to

Nah your wrong mate , man city  buy  a supposedly talented teenager  put him on a seasoned pro's money and stick him in the u 21s! and call it ' academy development'  and wonder why they  never progress past it  and are flabagasted when people then  take the piss..!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Nah your wrong mate , man city  buy  a supposedly talented teenager  put him on a seasoned pro's money and stick him in the u 21s! and call it ' academy development'  and wonder why they  never progress past it  and are flabagasted when people then  take the piss..!!!

And they could well be giving us 40m for Walker.  I'll drive him there for that!!

• Like 2