Tottenham Thread

chonabot

no doubts hes got ability, think he could probably do with getting away from liverpool area tbh,,  the boy becomes a man ect ect.  dont think he'll walk into our  first 11 in his preffered pos atm but if he wants to   'step up' itll be the same story where ever he goas. if it happens Overall he'll be a decent addition to the squad. now for gray at leicester .. he's a class act in the waiting.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

A few years ago City apparently saw him as Yaya's replacement; so glab we didn't get him.

A few years ago so was JROD and look what happened to him. All credit to Everton they churn out youth

13 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Rodwell problem is he can't stay fit; average 21 games per season over the past 10 seasons. If he gets fit he needs to become a centreback, midfield seems too much exertion for him.

or he's just plain unlucky , it happens thing is with rodwell fit he had an eye for goal but i'm thinking not c/b but holding midfeilder but is his footwork and his defensive nouse up to the move?.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

A few years ago so was JROD and look what happened to him. All credit to Everton they churn out youth

yeah , they pic up, arguably, where liverpool dont, but that area's still a footballing hotspot, though waining imo.

16 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

according to some 'reports' 8 mil cash upfront was needed and levy wouldnt pay so elswhere he goes,, juve if papers are correct.

I don't think we'll find anyone this summer with the prices out of the stratosphere.

Hopefully those we bought will improve.

Edit: And of course Winks and others break into the team. Great times at Tottenham!

Edited by RonniePickering22

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I don't think we'll find anyone this summer with the prices out of the stratosphere.

Hopefully those we bought will improve.

Edit: And of course Winks and others break into the team. Great times at Tottenham!

Not 'strengthening'  the squad has historically been viewed by those involved as a mistake, lets hope it dont prove so for poch.

4 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

some goal by erickson, bit dificult to tell from highlights but  did it  look  like there's a possibilty he's gonna step up a level again ?

what about spurs second goal,must be a contender for goal of the month.:shock1:with spurs 2-1 up and enjoying the game the electric went off 7.35am. so it finished 2-4.did it.

On 24/7/2560 at 7:15 AM, meatboy said:

what about spurs second goal,must be a contender for goal of the month.:shock1:with spurs 2-1 up and enjoying the game the electric went off 7.35am. so it finished 2-4.did it.

spurs.v roma another contender for REFS.decision of the year.

where did they get these officials from,they are spoiling the games.

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Just newspaper speculation.

He's worth it though....would be in your 1st team quickly. Was the best full-back by far in the recent Euro < 21s and made team of the tournament.

3 hours ago, wilai said:

He's worth it though....would be in your 1st team quickly. Was the best full-back by far in the recent Euro < 21s and made team of the tournament.

my point was last ish season wouldn't   'competition ' for the squad would cost maybe  5 maybe 6 tops ?

Edited by 3 minus 2

13 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

my point was last ish season  'competition ' for the squad would cost maybe  5 maybe 6 tops

Jansen 17 million - squad player

Lamela - 30 million - squad player

Edited by Rc2702

21 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

yeah  a bang inform striker ok b lge europe,, mayybe theres a case

and Lamela was bought  as THE STAR, which arguably he's ended up as,,,,, maybe!!!!

in between thats a whole diferent case.

Edited by 3 minus 2

6 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

yeah  a bang inform striker ok b lge europe,, mayybe theres a case

and Lamela was bought  as THE STAR, which arguably he's ended up as,,,,, maybe!!!!

in between thats a whole diferent case.

Normally when a case is a case, someone makes the case. 17 m for jansen I rest my case.

Truth is there could be gems out there for less than 5m but when your challenging for honours and your competition are blowing 100m+ I guess it's hard to justify pushing a list of 3M targets. I liked mane when he was at RB salzburg?  but as a top team I guess they cannot take the risk. 

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sissoko - 30 million - squad player

Jansen is kept out of the team by the best striker in the Premiership.

Lamela has been injured for a year but played almost every game prior to this.

Sissoko you can have for a fiver.

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Jansen is kept out of the team by the best striker in the Premiership.

Lamela has been injured for a year but played almost every game prior to this.

Sissoko you can have for a fiver.

You can't afford to let him go. You have zero reinforcements, no home games and a contract rebel who happens to be your best defender. 6th 

Just now, 3 minus 2 said:

'contract rebel', enlighten me or are you talking old news as per your troll instincts of just ALWAYS looking for an  

I'll furnish your fears.

28 years old much coveted defender entering his peak. 

No one in his position would pen a new deal with the wage issues you have and the only way he will sign if he has some kind of release clause with a realistic  trigger fee. He's 28 not 23 so that wage structure makes no sense to a player of that quality at his age. 

Old news. Well if 23 hour stories are old news and online interaction from fans. Then yes old news.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/02/tottenham-hotspur-fans-becoming-concerned-over-toby-alderweireld/

Edited by Rc2702