Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Cheers carmine....an icy blast of reality to chill our bones. Never fail to deliver on that score do you? :D

I'm trying not to leave us open for ridicule. ;)

Welcome breeze is what I'm saying. So is Dawson up for a start yet? I've not heard of him playing any reserve matches yet so I guess another week or two.....

Cheers carmine....an icy blast of reality to chill our bones. Never fail to deliver on that score do you? :D

Welcome breeze is what I'm saying. So is Dawson up for a start yet? I've not heard of him playing any reserve matches yet so I guess another week or two.....

I'd very much doubt he'll play but you never hnow. We've got Chelsea in a couple of weeks and i think its fair to say thats a very big game. He'll probably get a run out at Brum next weekend and he should be up to pace against the small club from Fulham. i'd like to see Kaboul kept in the side maybe at right back.

Are you Carmine ??

Well you're not doing a very good job of it are you...Bwahahahahah :D

You couple of Y*ddish Mushroom's, i'm gonna start calling you Harry & Lloyd....:lol:

http://news.bbc.co.u...pur/9115894.stm

Gareth Bale earning his Spurs at Tottenham

Tottenham may have lost 4-3 to Inter Milan in October, but the match will long be remembered for the performance of Gareth Bale.

After the 21-year-old's hat-trick at the San Siro, BBC Sport spoke to the man who brought him to White Hart Lane - Damien Comolli.

The club's former director of football signed Bale from Southampton in 2007 and has since watched him blossom into one of the most dangerous left-sided players in world football.

Bale was at it again on Tuesday as Spurs beat Inter 3-1 on home soil, and we felt Comolli's thoughts were well worth revisiting.

"What we saw against Inter was very similar to what I saw when Gareth was playing for Southampton as a 17-year-old," Comolli, who signed Bale for £5m in 2007, told BBC Sport.

"When I watched him for the first time I was gobsmacked.

"He was already showing the strength, the technical ability, the confidence to take people on, the pace, the quality left foot, the work-rate. He had it all.

"I remember coming back from scouting him and thinking 'I've seen the new Paolo Maldini'. I watched him a couple more times but the game that did it for me was Southampton's 2-0 victory over QPR at Loftus Road in 2007.

"He was the best player on the pitch by a mile. I knew he was going to be world class, I knew we had to get him. I went back to Spurs and told [chairman] Daniel Levy we had to buy him."

Edited by MSingh

:D

SELECTED COMOLLI SIGNINGS

Benoit Assou-Ekotto

Dimitar Berbatov

Didier Zakora

Gareth Bale

Jonathan Woodgate

Luka Modric

Heurelho Gomes

Darren Bent

Giovani dos Santos

Roman Pavlyuchenko

Vedran Corluka:D

Edited by MSingh

Are you Carmine ??

Well you're not doing a very good job of it are you...Bwahahahahah :D

You couple of Y*ddish Mushroom's, i'm gonna start calling you Harry & Lloyd....:lol:

http://news.bbc.co.u...pur/9115894.stm

Tottenham may have lost 4-3 to Inter Milan in October, but the match will long be remembered for the performance of Gareth Bale.

After the 21-year-old's hat-trick at the San Siro, BBC Sport spoke to the man who brought him to White Hart Lane - Damien Comolli.

The club's former director of football signed Bale from Southampton in 2007 and has since watched him blossom into one of the most dangerous left-sided players in world football.

Bale was at it again on Tuesday as Spurs beat Inter 3-1 on home soil, and we felt Comolli's thoughts were well worth revisiting.

"What we saw against Inter was very similar to what I saw when Gareth was playing for Southampton as a 17-year-old," Comolli, who signed Bale for £5m in 2007, told BBC Sport.

"When I watched him for the first time I was gobsmacked.

"He was already showing the strength, the technical ability, the confidence to take people on, the pace, the quality left foot, the work-rate. He had it all.

"I remember coming back from scouting him and thinking 'I've seen the new Paolo Maldini'. I watched him a couple more times but the game that did it for me was Southampton's 2-0 victory over QPR at Loftus Road in 2007.

"He was the best player on the pitch by a mile. I knew he was going to be world class, I knew we had to get him. I went back to Spurs and told [chairman] Daniel Levy we had to buy him."

I am aware of this piece. Should be headlined as "so says Damien Comelli". I stick to what i originally stated. Its great that he saw him as a seventeen year because everybody else was watching him and Walcott from the ages of ten. ( a good find would be for example 20000 for Graham Roberts from Weymouth):) The guy is a master of self promotion.

BTW, he also spotted Eboue. :whistling:

Edited by carmine

I am aware of this piece. Should be headlined as "so says Damien Comelli". I stick to what i originally stated. Its great that he saw him as a seventeen year because everybody else was watching him and Walcott from the ages of ten. :) The guy is a master of self promotion.

BTW, he also spotted Eboue. :whistling:

Bwahahahaha do you know him then Carmine ?? :D

How many time syou met him ?? :D

& before you answer, remember to try not to leave yourself open to ridicule..:D

I'm in one of them moods today by the way, no one's safe..;)

Benoit Assou-Ekotto

Dimitar Berbatov

Didier Zakora

Gareth Bale

Jonathan Woodgate

Luka Modric

Heurelho Gomes

Darren Bent

Giovani dos Santos

Roman Pavlyuchenko

He did'nt find Bale. He did'nt get Berbatov. Woodgate....sorry how and when did he find Woodgate. Was John lost? Darren Bent....yep thanks a lot. I do accept BAE, Dos Santos,Zakora, Gomes. Pav was already a star as was Modric.

Yep singher, we owe it all to him don't we. :lol:

Benoit Assou-Ekotto

Dimitar Berbatov

Didier Zakora

Gareth Bale

Jonathan Woodgate

Luka Modric

Heurelho Gomes

Darren Bent

Giovani dos Santos

Roman Pavlyuchenko

He did'nt find Bale. He did'nt get Berbatov. Woodgate....sorry how and when did he find Woodgate. Was John lost? Darren Bent....yep thanks a lot. I do accept BAE, Dos Santos,Zakora, Gomes. Pav was already a star as was Modric.

:jap:

1-0 West Ham today, thank you..

Benoit Assou-Ekotto

Dimitar Berbatov

Didier Zakora

Gareth Bale

Jonathan Woodgate

Luka Modric

Heurelho Gomes

Darren Bent

Giovani dos Santos

Roman Pavlyuchenko

Highly unlikely i'd venture. More like nil nil. Spurs to win 2 nil.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto

Dimitar Berbatov

Didier Zakora

Gareth Bale

Jonathan Woodgate

Luka Modric

Heurelho Gomes

Darren Bent

Giovani dos Santos

Roman Pavlyuchenko

I hope he still sees the potential of Dos Santos. Just what the scousers need to beef up their midfield. They're welcome to the french left back as well.....momentary lapse of concentration on his part as well...????

Benoit Assou-Ekotto

Dimitar Berbatov

Didier Zakora

Gareth Bale

Jonathan Woodgate

Luka Modric

Heurelho Gomes

Darren Bent

Giovani dos Santos

Roman Pavlyuchenko

Even I'm beginning to see fungal growth spurting from yer ears at that one carmine. Wake up <deleted>.

singhy knows they'll lose to the pie munchers of course he does....

:whistling:

Thing is Dos Santos is a very good player as we saw in the world cup. Trouble is, people have short memories so we should sell himasap as he clearly isn't fitting in with us which is very disappointing.

We've got better midfielders...way way better. Time's up for the lad.....a trip to Anfield will be character building for him. Maybe from there to a top Scottish side ...maybe Kilmarnock or St Johnstone.

Some colourful clubs in Perth.....bingo halls etc....he'd fit in well.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto

Dimitar Berbatov

Didier Zakora

Gareth Bale

Jonathan Woodgate

Luka Modric

Heurelho Gomes

Darren Bent

Giovani dos Santos

Roman Pavlyuchenko

I actually meant on this Thread today..;)

I know you did. I just did'nt want to play. ;)

Good for you, because the last time a T*ttenham anything played a West Ham anything, you lost...:D

Second round of the CL.....22pts in the league.....playing some cracking attractive football and STILL he's at it!!

Gotta admire your spirit singhy ....if nothing else....!

Good for you, because the last time a T*ttenham anything played a West Ham anything, you lost...:D

Second round of the CL.....22pts in the league.....playing some cracking attractive football and STILL he's at it!!

Fabulous, great, sounds superb, you're the best, we're sh*t..

We beat you 1-0.

post-55211-0-37457800-1290846543_thumb.j

:)

We beat you 1-0.

37.gif37.gif37.gif37.gif

We beat you 1-0.

37.gif37.gif37.gif37.gif

Eye eye, we've got Harry, Lloyd & now Kojak's turned up feeling tired of hearing about the most hilarious thing of the Season so far...:D

Now thats better, back home and back to an explanation of my negativity.

I'm not constantly negative, i'm trying to be realistic. Why do you presume to think i'm not ecstatic about our recent achievements because i am and my posts say that too. What is wrong with constantly looking to improve as the likes of SAF and Wenger constantly doing. Why is it negativity to suggest that we could have done something betterfrom time to time. Why is it negative to critisize a truely appalling performance against Bolton? Why do you go on about the Inter game at the San Siro. The only reason it was'nt a humiliation was due to one lad making the scoreline Inter 4 Bale 3.

Why is it negative to suggest that Redknapp does not have the experience and tactical awareness at the highest level. Its fact isn't it. Its also just an observation, but one that many might just agree with.

Why is it negative to suggest that Hiddink and Wenger are better tacticians? Why am i negative to want Hiddink as coach whilst acknowledging the exceptional job Redknapp has done?

When i talk about the coach i am talking about where he is capable of taking my team. Ultimately its about the club not an individual. If seeking constant improvement and acknowledging the upsides and downsides of our performances makes me negative then so be it. i just hope the club has the same attitude then one day we might just be a team again that Bill Nich would be proud of.

One thing i can guarrantee is that you would never hear me booing our players off the pitch like many of the new breed of fans were four weeks ago against Sunderland or leaving the ground twenty minutes early because Arsenal were beating our reserves in the carling cup. These are the same ones that are now making <deleted> of themselves comparing us to the '61 team and saying were going to win this and that and generally larging it up.

Lastly with the best interests of my club at heart i think its highly advisable the we find a quality replacement sooner than later because "when" he is offered the England post he will drop us like a bad habit regardless of any situation. That is ofcourse if he isn't convicted.

Tottenham 2 Torres 0 tonight. COYS :D

I'm not constantly negative, i'm trying to be realistic. Why do you presume to think i'm not ecstatic about our recent achievements because i am and my posts say that too. What is wrong with constantly looking to improve as the likes of SAF and Wenger constantly doing. Why is it negativity to suggest that we could have done something betterfrom time to time. Why is it negative to critisize a truely appalling performance against Bolton? Why do you go on about the Inter game at the San Siro. The only reason it was'nt a humiliation was due to one lad making the scoreline Inter 4 Bale 3.

Why is it negative to suggest that Redknapp does not have the experience and tactical awareness at the highest level. Its fact isn't it. Its also just an observation, but one that many might just agree with.

Why is it negative to suggest that Hiddink and Wenger are better tacticians? Why am i negative to want Hiddink as coach whilst acknowledging the exceptional job Redknapp has done?

When i talk about the coach i am talking about where he is capable of taking my team. Ultimately its about the club not an individual. If seeking constant improvement and acknowledging the upsides and downsides of our performances makes me negative then so be it. i just hope the club has the same attitude then one day we might just be a team again that Bill Nich would be proud of.

One thing i can guarrantee is that you would never hear me booing our players off the pitch like many of the new breed of fans were four weeks ago against Sunderland or leaving the ground twenty minutes early because Arsenal were beating our reserves in the carling cup. These are the same ones that are now making <deleted> of themselves comparing us to the '61 team and saying were going to win this and that and generally larging it up.

Lastly with the best interests of my club at heart i think its highly advisable the we find a quality replacement sooner than later because "when" he is offered the England post he will drop us like a bad habit regardless of any situation. That is ofcourse if he isn't convicted.

I'm glad to see you finally acknowledge the contribution 'Arry has made. Good post and call....as always I'm saying 3-1 though. ;)

I've always acknowledged the contribution he's made and not to do so would be ridiculous.

I also acknowledge he is rather dishonest and would f_uck us over at the drop of a hat.

Re tonights game, we won't have too many problems tonight unless Roy decides to go for it but i don't think he will, i reckon he's looking for a point.

I've always acknowledged the contribution he's made and not to do so would be ridiculous.

I also acknowledge he is rather dishonest and would f_uck us over at the drop of a hat.

Re tonights game, we won't have too many problems tonight unless Roy decides to go for it but i don't think he will, i reckon he's looking for a point.

I'm expecting a good match. As you say they will likely sit back and hope to hit us on the break. We'll pepper them with crosses from both sides. Perfect for Crouchie if he could head a ball that is.

As I said above hope we don't rush VDV back too early as he'll be important against Chelsea next week.

Am i allowed to answer the numerous juicy questions that have been tantalising placed for some of the answers i have, in that Thread ?? :D

They're like little Worms dangling on a Hook with me, a lovely 4lb Perch ready to goggle them up...:D