Tottenham Thread

chonabot

<P class=first>Striker Robbie Keane is likely to leave Tottenham in January, his manager Harry Redknapp has admitted. The Republic of Ireland international, 30, has started only two Premier League games this term and was recently linked with a move to Vancouver Whitecaps

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/9240069.stm

Let's hope Ledley King comes through OK for the Christmas fixture list....would be a big boost for us. ;)

<P class=first>Striker Robbie Keane is likely to leave Tottenham in January, his manager Harry Redknapp has admitted. The Republic of Ireland international, 30, has started only two Premier League games this term and was recently linked with a move to Vancouver Whitecaps

http://news.bbc.co.u...pur/9240069.stm

Let's hope Ledley King comes through OK for the Christmas fixture list....would be a big boost for us. ;)

To be honest mate with the emergence of Kaboul, the form of Gallas and with Daws back the future of Ledley is very much in doubt. Woodgate might return, Simon Caulker is playing exceptionally well for Bristol City and will be recalled back for next season. We have real strength and depth and i just don't see Ledley being brought back once every five /six games to play a couple of matches and get injured again.

How many teams have the strength of Gallas Kaboul Dawson Bassong with Woodgate fit and back to full training ready for January selection.

Funny, the words Woodgate and "fit" just don't seem to go together. :huh:

To be honest mate with the emergence of Kaboul, the form of Gallas and with Daws back the future of Ledley is very much in doubt. Woodgate might return, Simon Caulker is playing exceptionally well for Bristol City and will be recalled back for next season. We have real strength and depth and i just don't see Ledley being brought back once every five /six games to play a couple of matches and get injured again.

How many teams have the strength of Gallas Kaboul Dawson Bassong with Woodgate fit and back to full training ready for January selection.

Funny, the words Woodgate and "fit" just don't seem to go together. :huh:

He's a great defender and would be great to have him available for a couple of games during the busy period......you're right though if Kaboul can do it week in week out then he'll become first choice. Let's hope so.

When you talk about Woodgate being 'fit' all we can assume is he can walk to the training ground without the use of crutches. Until I see him play 90mins I'm not holding my breath.....Nor will 'Arry be either ismy guess. ;)

All we can say at this stage is that he is fully fit and back to full intensity training. Thats the news , so, as i say, with Gallas Dawson Kaboul Woodgate Bassong i just cant see Harry bringing in King much. He'll be wanting to have more continuity and you just cant keep dropping those guys if they are playing well to accomodate Ledley who btw, is 30 years old anyway.

I think Ledley will bow out gracefully and i really hope that Michael Dawson is made club captain. Top bloke, great role model and always gives 100%.

All we can say at this stage is that he is fully fit and back to full intensity training. Thats the news , so, as i say, with Gallas Dawson Kaboul Woodgate Bassong i just cant see Harry bringing in King much. He'll be wanting to have more continuity and you just cant keep dropping those guys if they are playing well to accomodate Ledley who btw, is 30 years old anyway.

I think Ledley will bow out gracefully and i really hope that Michael Dawson is made club captain. Top bloke, great role model and always gives 100%.

Yeah make him captain.....he can give our left back a good slap now and again to keep him focused.

Any news on a replacement? I hate double barrelled names and that's the best I can say...

[Our recent form singhy....having won the last three games. Our ability to come from behind and win against decent teams. Overall the spirit in the dressing room and will to win that's evident in our second half performances.

But more than that we're simply a better team than Birmingham. :D

Recent form, fair enough..

Woud you say Birmingham are a better Team than Chelsea then ??

If you had bothered to quote my post correctly it would be more apparent that I reckon they are a tough side to beat at home. Chelsea are missing key players in Lampard and Terry so no I wouldn't say that. Its going to be a tough match and we play a different style of football to Chelsea. Still I reckon us to give any side a problem or two even away from home.

Looking forward to this game.....another measure of how good we are now and whether we can sustain a top four challenge. Even with VDV out I believe we can win it. Honestly.

Fabulous, would you mind just answering my very simple question though & unlike what Alfredo says, i really don't need a long Report ??

Would you say Birmingham are a better Team than Chelsea, & i ask it because you said the reason you would win would be because you are a better Team than Birmingham ??

& i'm not so sure you can give any side a problem or two away from home, i certainly don''t recall two & would have to really think about one..:)

[Our recent form singhy....having won the last three games. Our ability to come from behind and win against decent teams. Overall the spirit in the dressing room and will to win that's evident in our second half performances.

But more than that we're simply a better team than Birmingham. :D

If you had bothered to quote my post correctly it would be more apparent that I reckon they are a tough side to beat at home. Chelsea are missing key players in Lampard and Terry so no I wouldn't say that. Its going to be a tough match and we play a different style of football to Chelsea. Still I reckon us to give any side a problem or two even away from home.

Looking forward to this game.....another measure of how good we are now and whether we can sustain a top four challenge. Even with VDV out I believe we can win it. Honestly.

Fabulous, would you mind just answering my very simple question though & unlike what Alfredo says, i really don't need a long Report ??

Would you say Birmingham are a better Team than Chelsea, & i ask it because you said the reason you would win would be because you are a better Team than Birmingham ??

& i'm not so sure you can give any side a problem or two away from home, i certainly don''t recall two & would have to really think about one..:)

fuc_king 'ell you're right alfie...he just don't stop does he? :D

Ok put simply Chelsea are having a bad run and have players not playing well or injured. Ok if they had their full 1st team out I'd back them to beat Birmingham 9 in 10.

Why only 9 in 10 you ask.....cos that's football singhy.....maybe Birmingham will simply have a day when everything works for 'em a sending off or a lucky penalty....hell they might just be the best side on the day.

All I'm saying is I rreckon we'll win today.

And finally to answer your question.......Let's judge who the better team is at the end of the season.

Edited by smokie36

fuc_king 'ell you're right alfie...he just don't stop does he? :D

And finally to answer your question.......Let's judge who the better team is at the end of the season.

1 ) Why would i stop when you continuously swerve my question ?

2 ) That doesn't answer my question at all, it is answering another question, not the one i asked..You said you thought you'd beat them because you were a bettter Team, i then asked you on that basis, if you thought Birmingham were a better Team than Chelsea then & you then answered it with " Let's judge who is the better Team at the end of the Season " :unsure:

:rolleyes:

I forgot, sorry Lloyd, i forgot answering questions directly was difficult for you..

Bore off singher. You should be spending less time here and more time on the lower league thread mate checking out the opposition next season. :lol:

I forgot, sorry Lloyd, i forgot answering questions directly was difficult for you..

Bore off singher. You should be spending less time here and more time on the lower league thread mate checking out the opposition next season. :lol:

What amazes me is that since Man city have aquired a few bob they are now Singhy's 2nd team and BJ is his best buddy ;) obviously he has realized that PMT are not going to get anywhere near us and so he thought he would take a bit of a short cut to the top 5 :o.

& now trhe aggression & nastiness kicks in with them...:D

What amazes me is that since Man city have aquired a few bob they are now Singhy's 2nd team and BJ is his best buddy ;) obviously he has realized that PMT are not going to get anywhere near us and so he thought he would take a bit of a short cut to the top 5 :o.

Well i don't actually have a 2nd Team, i like Glasgow Rangers so if i did have one i'd probably say them..

I also have City people as close Mates so i do have a soft spot for them, for the last 10 or so Years actually & certainly not since they acquired a few Bob..

& i've obviously realised we can't get anywhere near you lot Alf, that's right Mate, that's right yeah, nowhere near you...:lol:

post-55211-0-28230100-1291459674_thumb.j post-55211-0-49452500-1291459778_thumb.j

But apart from that you're bang on, as per usual..;)

We'll just have to wait and see who's the better team. TODAY. That's not last week. Now piss off back to your own thread.....that's right singhy its all yours again now.

;)

You not gonna answer the question then i take it Lloyd ??

Don't fancy it do you Lloyd aye, don't fancy asking the question, makes you feel a little bit uncomfortable i reckon aye Lloyd ??

Easy question too, not difficult to answer at all..

;)

We'll just have to wait and see who's the better team. TODAY. That's not last week. Now piss off back to your own thread.....that's right singhy its all yours again now.

;)

Don't fancy it do you Lloyd aye, don't fancy asking the question, makes you feel a little bit uncomfortable i reckon aye Lloyd ??

;)

I'll give you a comprehensive answer next weekend singhy that's a promise. ;)

In the meantime 1-0 1-0 1-0 1-0! :D

Well i don't actually have a 2nd Team, i like Glasgow Rangers so if i did have one i'd probably say them..

I also have City people as close Mates so i do have a soft spot for them, for the last 10 or so Years actually & certainly not since they acquired a few Bob..

& i've obviously realised we can't get anywhere near you lot Alf, that's right Mate, that's right yeah, nowhere near you...:lol:

post-55211-0-28230100-1291459674_thumb.j post-55211-0-49452500-1291459778_thumb.j

But apart from that you're bang on, as per usual..;)

Cosying up to our mod again as usual......its like watching a fifa executive at work.....!! :bah:

;)

;)

I'll give you a comprehensive answer next weekend singhy that's a promise. ;)

In the meantime 1-0 1-0 1-0 1-0! :D

Good one Lloyd, good one...:lol:

Carry on Lloyd....:D

Unquestionably. You'll love the transfer talk as well singhy....coming later this month.

A late Christmas present that'll be no doubt. :D;) ;)

Yep i will love it Lloyd cos remember, my obsession is correcting the &lt;deleted&gt; that people spout & making them look silly when i do..:D

I do it for their own good, so that next time, you never know, they might just learn to think first, saving their embaressment..;)

Carry on Lloyd....:D

Unquestionably. You'll love the transfer talk as well singhy....coming later this month.

A late Christmas present that'll be no doubt. :D;) ;)

Yep i will love it Lloyd cos remember, my obsession is correcting the &lt;deleted&gt; that people spout & making them look silly when i do..:D

I do it for their own good, so that next time, you never know, they might just learn to think first, saving their embaressment..;)

Theres actually a load of &lt;deleted&gt; being spouted out on your thread singher. Someone called lonelyboy or something like that is suggesting that if you pull a rabbit out of a hat you'll stay up mate. :huh::D Hilarious stuff. Someone else helping Scott Parker would be a better start. Best toddle off back to keep imola company. Was he on a sabatical or something? Nice of him to come back to join in the relegation struggle. ;)

Theres actually a load of &lt;deleted&gt; being spouted out on your thread singher. Someone called lonelyboy or something like that is suggesting that if you pull a rabbit out of a hat you'll stay up mate. :huh::D Hilarious stuff. Someone else helping Scott Parker would be a better start. Best toddle off back to keep imola company. Was he on a sabatical or something? Nice of him to come back to join in the relegation struggle. ;)

Rumour has it singhy was picked up wandring around Bangkok yesterday evening incoherent and mumbling "Why?...How?....When?".....etc.....

Only when he started blabbing about mushrooms and cackling wildly he was transferred to a clinic in Chiang Mai....you know the one where they beat the demons out of you with rattan canes. :o

Its anyone's guess how long it will take to cure him of his 'obsession'.

:D

Looks like Dawson is now fully fit at last. Hopefully he'll be captain tomorrow night for the last group game. Hope we put out a decent side and win as while I'd love to see the Barca team at the Lane let's do it in the Semi's eh...! ;)

If we get that far of course....! :D

Looks like the chaps are on channel 3 tonight in case anyone didn't know.

Have a look at what they call the Arse :lol:

Group Stage.

FC Twente (Netherlands).

Found.

Tottenham Hotspur (England).

7 December 53.

2:30 pm.

Group Stage.

Arsenic methanol (England).

Found.

Spa San Martin Belgrade (Serbia).

8 December 53.

Edited by alfieconn

Looks like the chaps are on channel 3 tonight in case anyone didn't know.

Have a look at what they call the Arse :lol:

Group Stage.

FC Twente (Netherlands).

Found.

Tottenham Hotspur (England).

7 December 53.

Group Stage.

Arsenic methanol (England).

Found.

Spa San Martin Belgrade (Serbia).

8 December 53.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

We were lucky to get the draw tonight. Well played Gallas and Defoe....good performance from monkey boy as well.

Looked iffy in central midfield areas though with injuries although we win the group and avoid the big Spanish sides.

Bring on the Surrey team....!