Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I think we will win but it will be tight. But remember, to the Chelsea players this game according to them represents their big derby and they will up their game. 2-1 i'll going for. I'm going to struggle getting a full report of this post to singher on time though. :D

We're in agreement then old son......and the BBC knobhead reckons a draw....oh well hedging his bets now aint he?? :D

He always does mate and the pillock gets paid for it too. How could such a retard have been such a fine player?

If i had to pick the three most boring knobhead pundits to have to endure at half time i can think of few worse cases than Alan Smith, Shearer and Lawro. Then ofcourse theres Efan Ekoko........

I think we will win but it will be tight. But remember, to the Chelsea players this game according to them represents their big derby and they will up their game. 2-1 i'll going for. I'm going to struggle getting a full report of this post to singher on time though. :D

We're in agreement then old son......and the BBC knobhead reckons a draw....oh well hedging his bets now aint he?? :D

He always does mate and the pillock gets paid for it too. How could such a retard have been such a fine player?

If i had to pick the three most boring knobhead pundits to have to endure at half time i can think of few worse cases than Alan Smith, Shearer and Lawro. Then ofcourse theres Efan Ekoko........

Be interested to hear the Citeh fans views on Ian Wright who has been banned from Eastlands. :o

I never thought I'd be mentioning SWP in the same sentence as Jelena Dokic.......but well that's football....:D

as a neutral i can see a draw as being the best result spurs are going to get tomorrow. reckon the s. london outfit will probably get away with a 75th minute winner from the leagues biggest cheat going down in the box like a sack of spuds and converting the penalty himself.

BTW whos the ref tomorrow ? biggrin.gif

Edited by tigerfish

alright then smokie !

just had a quick look at one of the U.K.s major odds checking firms and they have chelsea down as the favorites for tomorrows encounter with the draw at a very attractive price, with the spuds as outsiders (at home) huh.gif either way i reckon youd be on a winner if you took both prices.

and over here theyve got chelsea having to win by at least a one goal margin.

in most cases you will find that in big matches like this they arent usually far off the mark. wink.gif

<deleted> me ! even lawros got your lot down for a draw, surely he cant be wrong, i mean right all the time laugh.gif

Edited by tigerfish

alright then smokie !

just had a quick look at one of the U.K.s major odds checking firms and they have chelsea down as the favorites for tomorrows encounter with the draw at a very attractive price, with the spuds as outsiders (at home) huh.gif either way i reckon youd be on a winner if you took both prices.

and over here theyve got chelsea having to win by at least a one goal margin.

in most cases you will find that in big matches like this they arent usually far off the mark. wink.gif

<deleted> me even lawros got you lot down for a draw, surely he cant be wrong, i mean right all the time laugh.gif

That's all very tempting but I reckon you'd have to be a mug to bet on any London derby....far less one where the sides are both as capable as will be the case tomorrow.

Our home form recently has been fantastic....sure Chelsea are a threat but if our strikers are on form we will win it no doubt as we'll create more chances.

If anything a high scoring game is more likely.....or a sending off or two as ya said.

Looks like short sightedness to me & a short memory if we're talking mainly about 4 & 5 Games ..;)

]Alternatively neautrals could point to Chelsea winning 9 out of the last 18 Games at <deleted> Fart Lane, drawing 6 & losing 3..

So that's 3 times you've beat them at Home, out of 18, yeah, less than 20% of Games in the history of Premiership, at your place, if my Maths is right which i think it is....

Can see why people expect you to win, yeah..:rolleyes:

So, sorry, who are these Clowns again ?? :D

& they call it 3 Point Lane don't they, which is what seems to be the most regular outcome of Games between yourselves at SFL ?? :D

You people are a breed unto yourselves, i tell you...:D

Quote from the Guardian, Singher, someone else who confirms that your talking out of your arse :D

There was a time when Chelsea fans would mockingly refer to Tottenham's ground as 'Three Point Lane', such was their ability to waltz away from there with victory. This is no longer the case as Tottenham are now unbeaten in their last four league fixtures against Chelsea on their own turf and, given both team's respective recent run of form, it feels as if they should start as the favourites.

Edited by alfieconn

Looks like short sightedness to me & a short memory if we're talking mainly about 4 & 5 Games ..;)

]Alternatively neautrals could point to Chelsea winning 9 out of the last 18 Games at <deleted> Fart Lane, drawing 6 & losing 3..

So that's 3 times you've beat them at Home, out of 18, yeah, less than 20% of Games in the history of Premiership, at your place, if my Maths is right which i think it is....

& they call it 3 Point Lane don't they, which is what seems to be the most regular outcome of Games between yourselves at SFL ?? :D

Quote from the Guardian, Singher, someone else who confirms that your talking out of your arse :D

There was a time when Chelsea fans would mockingly refer to Tottenham's ground as 'Three Point Lane', such was their ability to waltz away from there with victory. This is no longer the case as Tottenham are now unbeaten in their last four league fixtures against Chelsea on their own turf and, given both team's respective recent run of form, it feels as if they should start as the favourites.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Most biased poster of the year????? :spamsign:

I read it yesterday but what does it mean ??

Just because a Reporter wrote that T*ttingham should start as favourites, does that make it right ?? :D

My bet would be that he's a T*ttinham Fan which i suppose would automatically make him right aye..:rolleyes:

I read it yesterday but what does it mean ??

Just because a Reporter wrote that T*ttingham should start as favourites, does that make it right ?? :D

My bet would be that he's a T*ttinham Fan which i suppose would automatically make him right aye..:rolleyes:

The post of a child. :lol:

Rave rave rave ..... Andy Caroll ..... rave rave rave. If England can ever get Carroll and Rooney working well together .... sut yot!

Charlie Adam also very eye-catching again last night. Chelsea are the only money-bags team that needs you - but probably only for squad strengthening. You'd get more games with Liverpool or Man U (neither of which is any longer a money-bags team).

Rave rave rave ..... Andy Caroll ..... rave rave rave. If England can ever get Carroll and Rooney working well together .... sut yot!

Charlie Adam also very eye-catching again last night. Chelsea are the only money-bags team that needs you - but probably only for squad strengthening. You'd get more games with Liverpool or Man U (neither of which is any longer a money-bags team).

And what....have we signed them both? or are you scouting for us now mate?

I can't keep up with you Santisuk....really I mean it. :rolleyes:

Sorry guys - thought I was posting on the Liverpool thread. Yes - really, and I haven't had a Chang yet.

[No way will Newcastle sell Carroll with the Toon's fine tradition of 'big-men-up-front'. T'would be death on Tyneside for their lagerlout owner]

Edited by SantiSuk

Sorry guys - thought I was posting on the Liverpool thread. Yes - really, and I haven't had a Chang yet.

[No way will Newcastle sell Carroll with the Toon's fine tradition of 'big-men-up-front'. T'would be death on Tyneside for their lagerlout owner]

You never know with Ashley....although his motive would be financial....and we simply haven't got that sort of cash unfortunately.

You never know with Ashley....although his motive would be financial....and we simply haven't got that sort of cash unfortunately.

We've got bundles of cash and when Keane Krancjar Bentley and Dos Santos go we can pretty much for any available striker. Its more a case of one of the best strikers wanting to join us. By the term 'best' strikers i am referring to the likes of Benzema or Suarez, not Carroll, who is good but nowhere near the level we should be aiming at.

Since we are discussing transfers lets include a left back.

We've got bundles of cash and when Keane Krancjar Bentley and Dos Santos go we can pretty much for any available striker. Its more a case of one of the best strikers wanting to join us. By the term 'best' strikers i am referring to the likes of Benzema or Suarez, not Carroll, who is good but nowhere near the level we should be aiming at.

OK let's sign Philip Lahm.

Back to Carroll and I reckon he will get better and better.....if he can be bought he is perfect as a target man with a great left peg. Reckon you're underestimating his potential.

Then of course I'd love to see Suarez come in.....but will it happen?

OK let's sign Philip Lahm.

Back to Carroll and I reckon he will get better and better.....if he can be bought he is perfect as a target man with a great left peg. Reckon you're underestimating his potential.

Then of course I'd love to see Suarez come in.....but will it happen?

After his latest attempt at cannibalism its more likely. Martin Jol was'nt impressed. Benzema is the one i'd love to sign. Absolute top quality. I agree with you about the potential of Carroll but theres no comparison to be made with the other guy. Even if he was interested in us though, the wages would be a very big stumbling block.

Its the same question again isn't it. Will Levy really go for it or will he bottle it? On the basis of whats Redknapp has achieved thus far i think he deserves a top quality striker. Thats means spending an aweful lot of money but that is what its going to need to take us to the next level and we just cannot afford to be missing the chances that our current crop do. Of that lot, the only one sure to stay is Defoe.

After his latest attempt at cannibalism its more likely. Martin Jol was'nt impressed. Benzema is the one i'd love to sign. Absolute top quality. I agree with you about the potential of Carroll but theres no comparison to be made with the other guy. Even if he was interested in us though, the wages would be a very big stumbling block.

Its the same question again isn't it. Will Levy really go for it or will he bottle it? On the basis of whats Redknapp has achieved thus far i think he deserves a top quality striker. Thats means spending an aweful lot of money but that is what its going to need to take us to the next level and we just cannot afford to be missing the chances that our current crop do. Of that lot, the only one sure to stay is Defoe.

Benzema or Suarez will be astronomical wages I'm afraid and I just don't see Levy going for it. I'm praying I'm wrong on this one though.

Defoe is playing well as you say the rest can go as soon as.....Suarez and Carroll for me.....in my dreams eh! :whistling:

Decent performance today.....a draw was an OK result for us but Gomes? :o :o :)

More or less kick and rush up front in the Second half which is not good enough....when Defoe went off there was litle chance of another goal.

Bring on the transfer window please.....

Great result for Man U and Arsenal fans. Points wasted by 2 of 5 serious contenders and, apart from 20 minutes of purple patch when Spurs ran themselves into the ground and looked like running away with the tie, no particularly great footballing skills on display - perhaps Modric. Error strewn on both sides. Chelsea haven't yet bounced back and Spurs continue to run out of steam far too early in many matches (particularly up front). Superficially attractive to watch but nowhere near a classic. Newcastle v Liverpool and Bolton v Blackburn were much better games.

Not helped by the occasional curious decision making of the referee - Dean is one of my least favourites after Howard Webb

[Yes - I know Arsenal 2-Spurs 3; I'm not trying to score brownie points for Arsenal]

I have a feeling that tomorrow night will be a classic but I have absolutely no clue which way it will go. It will not be a draw and at least 4 goals will be scored - could be much more.

I don't agree that that the EPL is tight this year because the lesser teams are getting better. I think the big teams are running out of charisma. My guess is that only one English team (probably Man U, though the Barca factor makes it impossible to call which one) will progress to the semis of the Champions League this year and none to the final. Anyone else feeling EPL fatigue too?

Great result for Man U and Arsenal fans. Points wasted by 2 of 5 serious contenders and, apart from 20 minutes of purple patch when Spurs ran themselves into the ground and looked like running away with the tie, no particularly great footballing skills on display - perhaps Modric. Error strewn on both sides. Chelsea haven't yet bounced back and Spurs continue to run out of steam far too early in many matches (particularly up front). Superficially attractive to watch but nowhere near a classic. Newcastle v Liverpool and Bolton v Blackburn were much better games.

Not helped by the occasional curious decision making of the referee - Dean is one of my least favourites after Howard Webb

[Yes - I know Arsenal 2-Spurs 3; I'm not trying to score brownie points for Arsenal]

I have a feeling that tomorrow night will be a classic but I have absolutely no clue which way it will go. It will not be a draw and at least 4 goals will be scored - could be much more.

I don't agree that that the EPL is tight this year because the lesser teams are getting better. I think the big teams are running out of charisma. My guess is that only one English team (probably Man U, though the Barca factor makes it impossible to call which one) will progress to the semis of the Champions League this year and none to the final. Anyone else feeling EPL fatigue too?

Haha we'll win the CL of course. ;)

On the rest of your post I tend to agree...except for the Bolton v Blackburn game....a surefire cure for insomnia even after the sending off...yes Blackburn were that bad.

Tomorrow's game should be an improvement on last year's rubbish....oh and a draw I reckon.

Did Arri get his tactics wrong for the second half against Chels ? in my opinion Yes, all he did was change the forwards during the second half which was never going to stop Chels having all the possesion, Sandro should have come on for a forward at half time to bolster the middle and we would still have had say Defoe, Monkey boy and Lennon to counter attack.

Some will say hindsight is a wonderful thing but i must admit i was saying this to the dog at half time :o.

P.S. i was actually watching the game with a gooner but thought i would get more sense from the dog than him.

Edited by alfieconn

Did Arri get his tactics wrong for the second half against Chels ? in my opinion Yes, all he did was change the forwards during the second half which was never going to stop Chels having all the possesion, Sandro should have come on for a forward at half time to bolster the middle and we would still have had say Defoe, Monkey boy and Lennon to counter attack.

Some will say hindsight is a wonderful thing but i must admit i was saying this to the dog at half time :o.

P.S. i was actually watching the game with a gooner but thought i would get more sense from the dog than him.

Bale was not his usual self and he was not impressive against Birmingham. He did nothing in either match, Either the opposition have sussed him out or all the accolades have gone to his head. He seems too eager try to earn fouls. Harry should give him a wake up call. Perhaps put him on the bench.

Bale was not his usual self and he was not impressive against Birmingham. He did nothing in either match, Either the opposition have sussed him out or all the accolades have gone to his head. He seems too eager try to earn fouls. Harry should give him a wake up call. Perhaps put him on the bench.

Bale has played every game since God knows when.....I'd agree a rest might be in order. ;)